Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (146822 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
Instagram khing_kosec

Greetings petlanders, I've been looking for a day to start a diary for my two boys but i always don't but today it's a must lol.
Murphy is a boerboel, he was so hairy and had no wrinkles at the early stage but i promised him I'll do my best in feeding which i must say "worked". He's currently 2yrs+. I've stored pictures to share the previous moments with petlanders here. follow us and be entertained.

While gustaf is a German shepherd born in August 2017, he's currently 7months old. His coat and appearance has changed a lot since when i got him till date.... Gustaf is a very active dog.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
My aunt was a boerboel breeder( no Kennel). She does her breeding in a small way just to get puppies, sell them off and make some cash. In 2015 we had a litter of 6 puppies and due to my aunt's condition, she was unable to properly market the pups so i did the marketing for her and every pup was sold except Murphy lol. Nobody wanted to pick him because he was (kinda runt) hairy, short and not as big as his litter mates, my aunt gave Murphy to me as a reward for all the puppies I've been helping her market/sell and that was how Murphy came into my life.

Fast forward to six months Murphy was beginning to gain weight and also changing both in coat, size and looks... He fed mostly on chicken, tin foods and milk and behold good things began to manifest.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
I'm a full dog lover, any dog lover here?? Indicate so the thread doesn't get boring pls.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ocn96: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
We are here with you bro. Murphy looks good.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by mercy348(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2018
I Really Like Ur Gsd Were U Given That Too Or U Bought It Urself
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:35am On Mar 01, 2018
mercy348:
I Really Like Ur Gsd Were U Given That Too Or U Bought It Urself

Thanks

I bought the gsd around September ending last year.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by mercy348(m): 6:28am On Mar 01, 2018
Pls At What Cost Did U Get It
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
mercy348:
Pls At What Cost Did U Get It

I don't think that's necessary bro

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Namdeenero(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
I love the sable colour on that Gsd cheesy cheesy

We're following bro, ride on

7 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
I think since the diary is all about my two boys I've to skip to September 2017 so Gustaf will also be included

Two days after Gustaf arrived, i noticed his poop was kinda reddish/watery though no sign of weakness, I overlooked it the first two days thinking the reddish poop was as the result of the muddy sand he picked. I woke up the next morning (around 5am) to go check up on gustaf only to find some greenish yellow smelly poop littered inside his cage. I waited for day to break before taking him to the vet's place, the first vet i took him to asked me if the stool is watery? I answered yes only for her to tell me that my dog has parvo virus and she doesn't have the drugs to treat him so i should take it to another place OMG i wanted to cry cry at that moment thinking my dog would die but nope he survived, the devil is a big liar grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
I took Gustaf home and then decided to do the treatment by myself, I google online and also got some help from people on Nairaland here telling me what to get and how to do the parvo treatment.

I bought each and everything i was asked to buy including;
Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

Treating parvo wasn't really easy for me but thanks goodness everything went fine and Gustaf rose again cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
At 3months gustaf was already totally free from parvo but the virus badly damaged his system which made him look lean for weeks, I seeked for help from many people and i must say the help really came, thanks to OLISAFINCY he was with me all this while and he lectured me on all i needed to know about gsd both the type of food they need and all that.

That's gustaf's pic at 3months with floppy ears lol

14 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
At 13weeks old gustaf's ears were begging to erect which made him look more cute and mean at the same time, he was getting back in shape after battling with parvo virus

(the other dog in the background is a pup my dad brought home rott mix).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by donshaize(m): 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
Gustaf is super fresh, love the pic with the bandana
Nice dogs o.p

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:41am On Mar 02, 2018
donshaize:
Gustaf is super fresh, love the pic with the bandana

Nice dogs o.p

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:42am On Mar 02, 2018
Namdeenero:
I love the sable colour on that Gsd cheesy cheesy

We're following bro, ride on

Alright thanks

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by rumenase(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2018
nice I love sable coated GSDs was Gustaf a gift too?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
rumenase:
nice I love sable coated GSDs was Gustaf a gift too?

Nop,

I felt murphy needed a companion so i bought gustaf and they're now best friends wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
Gustaf was gradually gaining weight...

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
I then switched gustaf's feeding to how i fed Murphy, I've a way of doing my feeding and i bet any dog would look good if i feed it.

His feeding includes;

Raw meat
Dried fish
Raw dog milk
Tin/can food for puppies
Grinded soya beans mixed with fried groundnut and millet

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
Gustaf was gradually growing and changing at the same time... This thread kinda looks boring, I need support to proceed please

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Oluwafreshing(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Boss don't feed him raw soya. Cos soya beans could be poisonous. Cook it. You can prepare it like semo.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by profet: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
Your thread is interesting and educative. Please continue! I m impressed you could treat parvo yourself.

Your food combination is awesome although I have reservations as regards feeding raw meat.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Jungpablo: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
nice thread nice dogs yu are doing great man continue and one free tip; if yu need comment to move on yu won't get it o some just keep going too yu can check my thread too on my signature
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Jungpablo: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
vincentjk:
I'm a full dog lover, any dog lover here?? Indicate so the thread doesn't get boring pls.

me

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
Oluwafreshing:
Boss don't feed him raw soya. Cos soya beans could be poisonous. Cook it. You can prepare it like semo.

Yup someone told me that before so i now use the method (sometimes)

I prepare mine to be as watery as pap but slightly ticker sometimes

Then other times i mix the soya beans with liquid milk and awara (not everyone will know it), dilute with hot water then serve.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jungpablo:
nice thread nice dogs yu are doing great man continue and one free tip; if yu need comment to move on yu won't get it o some just keep going too yu can check my thread too on my signature

Alright thanks
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by wongpre(m): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Tynasparks(f): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Loving this thread... Cute dogs you've got.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
wongpre:
Hi petlanders, great dogs you gat there bro.
I have a question though,my female dog is about 7mths just got impregnated by my male dog who's 5 years. The thing is I heard she may never grow again, how true is this Pls?

Thanks

You shouldn't have done the mating in the first place

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.