Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (146856 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:26am On Jun 18, 2018
malificent:
Very interesting thread. Learnt a whole lot, Just waiting to get a dog to practice on grin grin

We'll all be here to witness yours, which breed would you like to own?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2018
lirusehn:
God, I hate dogs but I had to read the whole story. How could you waste so much money on mere poo eaters??

Were you the person that gave them poo to eat or did i mention serving them any poo here?? Change your words please

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Great thread!
Matured comments,
Felt like the NL in 2009

My pleasure
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2018
anyimontana:
Meet my 3 security gadgets.. I command them in Igbo language...only that they cant speak

Top security dogs you got there... Thumps up
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by malificent(f): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

We'll all be here to witness yours, which breed would you like to own?

Amen o. I like huskies, but I'll probably settle for a German Shepard first. The dream is to have a private compound overrun with 6-7 dogs of different breeds.. Hope that's not too much grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2018
malificent:

Amen o. I like huskies, but I'll probably settle for a German Shepard first. The dream is to have a private compound overrun with 6-7 dogs of different breeds.. Hope that's not too much grin

Lol, too much for where

That's what we all dream of even, to have many breeds of our choice but taking care of them will cost a lot, imagine what taking care of Murphy and Gustaf alone costs me talk more of 6-7 of them lol cool
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by malificent(f): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Lol, too much for where

That's what we all dream of even, to have many breeds of our choice but taking care of them will cost a lot, imagine what taking care of Murphy and Gustaf alone costs me talk more of 6-7 of them lol cool

Yes nau, still part of the dream. To have enough to take care of them. The beauty of having dogs is having them well fed. They're naturally happy creatures.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2018
malificent:

Yes nau, still part of the dream. To have enough to take care of them. The beauty of having dogs is having them well fed. They're naturally happy creatures.

Yuh Yuh, so will you be getting one very soon?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by anyimontana(m): 11:19am On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Top security dogs you got there... Thumps up
thanks bro..but the maintenance no b here..
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by malificent(f): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Yuh Yuh, so will you be getting one very soon?

I know you sell dogs. cheesy cheesy

I'll hit you up when I'm ready
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2018
malificent:

I know you sell dogs. cheesy cheesy

I'll hit you up when I'm ready

Alright, but that's not the reason why i asked though... We're just conversing.

I wish everyone would own at least a dog of their own
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2018
anyimontana:
thanks bro..but the maintenance no b here..

Lol Naso

We know ourselves

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by henrixx(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

You mean your dog doesn't have guard instincts or it gets afraid seeing people around?
both.

Although we get many visitors around daily.

Pls help what can I do. We bought it for a guard and we aren't getting the results. She's alone. Some are suggesting we get a companion along

Pls help me with tips. I feel like shooting the dog when I see her getting scared

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2018
henrixx:
both.

Pls help what can I do. We bought it for a guard and we aren't getting the results. She's alone. Some are suggesting we get a companion along

Pls help me with tips. I feel like shooting the dog when I see her getting scared

Everything will be fine, what breed and how old is she?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by henrixx(m): 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
vincentjk:

Everything will be fine, what breed and how old is she?
hmmm Boer boel 7 months

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
henrixx:
hmmm Boer boel 7 months

You should allow your dog to reach at least 2yrs old before concluding anything, he's still a puppy and needs to be socialized
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Dacronym(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
If you have a Dog or pup you want to give up for adoption I am willing and able
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:25am On Jun 19, 2018
Dacronym:
If you have a Dog or pup you want to give up for adoption I am willing and able

Email me
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:34am On Jun 19, 2018
The same spot but different filters, Gustaf really has a nice coat and beatiful sable colour.

I can't just wait for Gustaf's guard instincts to fully kick in, he doesn't just get tired and moves with great speed, barks in loud voice and eats 2x faster than Murphy. He also drinks a lot of water that sometimes leaves me in nothing but just suprise.

#Gustaf

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Dacronym(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Email me
Aiit, your mail Sir
This is Mine dacronym1@gmail.com
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Fashx007: 8:09am On Jun 19, 2018
vincentjk:

She's aggressive and that's so bad because controlling her would be almost impossible. But you should've trained her before now!
True tho,I was passive while my uncle handles her,walking her now is a menace she wants to attack anyone dat passes by her even without taunting her,now I ve to be holding a pankere while walking her.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Fashx007: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2018
henrixx:
both.

This alone can make her timid while she's still summoning courage,you're to take her outta sight and train her also so she won't be like my Tacha.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by henrixx(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2018
Fashx007:
This alone can make her timid while she's still summoning courage,you're to take her outta sight and train her also so she won't be like my Tacha.
pls teach me the way.... Pls. I love the dog but I don't want it to turn to Mimi like my cousin's dog that barks once in two months.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Cynophilepetts(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2018
vincentjk:
The same spot but different filters, Gustaf really has a nice coat and beatiful sable colour.

I can't just wait for Gustaf's guard instincts to fully kick in, he doesn't just get tired and moves with great speed, barks in loud voice and eats 2x faster than Murphy. He also drinks a lot of water that sometimes leaves me in nothing but just suprise.

#Gustaf
hehehehehehehehe,easy tiger,the hound is still a denm puppy,just chill the dog will perform its function,but pls do make sure you test for whatever trait you want to bring out in the dog before you embark on it,so as not to waste time and confuse/disorganise ur dog.kudos on ur write ups ,lovely one bro.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
hehehehehehehehe,easy tiger,the hound is still a denm puppy,just chill the dog will perform its function,but pls do make sure you test for whatever trait you want to bring out in the dog before you embark on it,so as not to waste time and confuse/disorganise ur dog.kudos on ur write ups ,lovely one bro.

Thanks bro, my first time seeing you here tho cheesy
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Cynophilepetts(m): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Thanks bro, my first time seeing you here tho cheesy
well,lets say i just find time to read here.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by foolbuster: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2018
anyimontana:
Meet my 3 security gadgets.. I command them in Igbo language...only that they cant speak

Chei !!! You mean 3 killers.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by foolbuster: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2018
vincentjk:

She's aggressive and that's so bad because controlling her would be almost impossible. But you should've trained her before now!

How did you know how to train them, i mean how did you aquire the knowledge? Especially the part where you command them to eat, knowing dogs once they smell or sight you with their food they are all over you.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by anyimontana(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
foolbuster:

Chei !!! You mean 3 killers.
lol..no,living gadgets
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2018
foolbuster:

How did you know how to train them, i mean how did you aquire the knowledge? Especially the part where you command them to eat, knowing dogs once they smell or sight you with their food they are all over you.

Funny enough i neither attended any k9 academy nor training, me having the knowledge to do all these is just as a result of the love I've for dogs

It's not just as easy as it seems, training in dogs requires a lot of patience to archive the result you want and anyway.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy Sunday petlanders

Updating these days has been kinda hard for me because I'm too occupied and have less time to spend with Murphy and Gustaf, this is because of the ongoing World Cup tournament which I've been watching almost every match played on daily basis lols cheesy

Today is Sunday we're just sitting outside. Murphy feeling kinda dizzy tongue, Gustaf always alert and me, just watching them. It's a lonely afternoon sha but i won't be going out, I'll stay home and spend the sunday with my boys kiss

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ocn96: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
foolbuster:

Just like the OP said training our dogs requires love and patience. I have a male German shepherd that I trained to obey the 'eat command' when it was 2years old already. Guess where I got the motivation to do that, 'COLOMBIANA' movie ! I was surprised at the way her two massive mastiff dogs were calm while she served each of them RAW MEAT! . You should know how enticing it is for the dogs but they were calm until she ordered them to eat. It was the first time I got to know something like that could happen. But my two year old German shepherd dog would always drool gallons of saliva around me just because I was to dish it's food, sometimes he would even jump up and try to steal from the serving plate before I transfer the food to his own plate. After watching Colombiana I was determined to correct the misbehaviour in my dog. It took me two weeks of consistency and some little bite from my unhappy dog morning and night, before I achieved success with the training. What made it easy for me was that I had already trained the dog before to obey the 'sit command'. So now when I bring his food out, I order him to sit, then I dish the food, I then step aside, and I take a look at the dog as he looks at me, drooling in his seated position and waiting for my command. Some times I tease the dog by saying other words but he won't move until he hears the command 'eat ' from my mouth. The dog is 5yrs old now and still obeys the command. I also trained my female German shepherd dog like that right for her puppy stage when I bought her 3yrs ago. She still obeys the command till today.
The dogs make me happy, I really love dogs

Kudos OP

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.