Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (146824 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by akinswaggs(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
Great updates... Following your thread, your boys look good
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
I've been so busy

I'll update soon
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
akinswaggs:
Great updates... Following your thread, your boys look good

Thanks sir
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
I noticed a sore on Murphy's face which tends to grow everyday, the condition was so bad that i bought some antibiotics tablets and gave him as prescribed but yet the sore wasn't ready to dry

Though out of my experience with dogs i already noticed it to be "mange" so i quickly took it to the vet's place to carry out some treatment since I have no injectable powerful antibiotics to use

After the vet had given the treatment (antibiotics, deworm and other injectable liquids) we set of for home.

We were still on our way home when i noticed a change in Murphy's body, his skin was turning to red colour while his mouth became dry so i had to look for a place to rest him away from the hot sun that made the atmosphere very hot that afternoon

To my surprise Murphy suddenly got tired, Layed down and fainted OMG lipsrsealed , I thought my dog would die or something more serious had happened to him but thanks goodness nothing happened except that the drug reaction was so serious + the hot weather

A man ( possibly a dog lover ) assisted in dropping us home and i was very thankful to him... Good people really exist

12 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
Murphy didn't eat anything that night because of stress, the next morning i woke up, followed the back door to go check on Murphy

I didn't see him where he usually stays, I was still looking for him when he ran dashed out from one corner jumping on me in excitement grin ,Murphy knows i do take good care of him anytime he's ill and i know he loves me for that. Sometimes he'd want to say "thank you boss for taking care of me but the words wouldn't come out"... I understand though wink

Mum told me to give him something oily so i served him nice egusi soup and semo

15 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
At 6months gustaf had grown grown tall and gradually getting taller than Murphy though Murphy is natural short, Gustaf has really changed in coat, height and size as he keeps growing and am just happy

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Breakfast is ready and the boys can't keep calm grin

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by welzyj2(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2018
9ce work @OP
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2018
Jungpablo:
nice thread nice dogs yu are doing great man continue and one free tip; if yu need comment to move on yu won't get it o some just keep going too yu can check my thread too on my signature
OP (vincentjk), please heed to his advice.... It is really true, don't let our comments, shares or likes, to be your source of inspiration, cos you will be VERY disappointed.... Just do it for the love of your canine companions. People reading your thread in future especially years later, will appreciate your efforts. Few months time when you start having thousands of likes, you will appreciate your efforts more

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
@ Vincentjk
A very great thread you've got here, you really have called my attention to taking pictures of canines, as they advance in age. I love your canines, such a great recipe.
Please I have 2 questions for you...
1. If your Boerboel and GSD are to go into a friendly tug of War (say each of them stay at the end of a piece of strong rope), which will win the combat?
2. When Gustaf fainted, can you describe how you felt them, how how you were able to rescue the situation? Also, was his belly moving to indicate any sign of breathing?
Once again, a great thread you have here, pls keep it running

@Jungpablo, Mckandre, and Rumenase... My ogas at the top, I sight you o. I dey hail o. Your boy loyal

7 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
okikiosibodu:
@ Vincentjk
A very great thread you've got here, you really have called my attention to taking pictures of canines, as they advance in age. I love your canines, such a great recipe.
Please I have 2 questions for you...
1. If your Boerboel and GSD are to go into a friendly tug of War (say each of them stay at the end of a piece of strong rope), which 3ill win the combat?
2. When Gustaf fainted, can you describe how you felt them, how how you were able to rescue the situation? Also, was his belly moving to indicate any sign of breathing?
Once again, a great thread you have here, pls keep it running

@Jungpablo, Mckandre, and Rumenase... My ogas at the top, I sight you o. I dey hail o. Your boy loyal

Well, Murphy and Gustaf are two strong dogs though they posses different tactics. Murphy is heavy/gallant so he can't easily be flinged away while gustaf is a very athletic dog that can run around without easily getting tired

1. So to answer your question Murphy WILL defeat gustaf if they should try out thug of war and that's because gustaf is just 7months, maybe by next year when gustaf should be 1year+ i think there'll be a better competition

2. It was Murphy (boerboel) that fainted not gustaf. I was able to handle the situation with the help of a man (dog lover) who gave us a space at his shop and also looked for a way of taking us home which I'm thankful of.

He was breathing heavily while lying down, his skin turned red, his mouth became dry while the face got swollen, these signs made it obvious to be drug reaction with the assurance i got from the man i calmed down and took my dog home

Thanks for your remark

8 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
welzyj2:
9ce work @OP

Thanks boss
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 1:13am On Mar 18, 2018
@vincentjk
I actually thought Gustaf was the Boerboel.... Apologies.
I didn't even get a prompt for your mention I just decided to revise the thread and I saw your reply.
Emmmm, not sure I got the answer I wanted as to how to got hold of the situation. I learnt from a dog video, of a car owner the went into a supermarket with his dog in the car and all windows wind up. The dog was panting heavily, and passers by had to break the rear windshield. Then someone was continually pouring water on the muzzle to bring the dog to consciousness cos it's eyes was drifting off.
Please can you describe what transpired during the incident before the good Samaritan came by , and what also happened, before you were offered the free ride? I want to learn one or two things from you, for future purpose

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:34am On Mar 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:
@vincentjk
I actually thought Gustaf was the Boerboel.... Apologies.
I didn't even get a prompt for your mention I just decided to revise the thread and I saw your reply.
Emmmm, not sure I got the answer I wanted as to how to got hold of the situation. I learnt from a dog video, of a car owner the went into a supermarket with his dog in the car and all windows wind up. Thebdig was panting heavily, and passers by had to break the rear windshield. Then someone was continually pouring water on the muzzle to bring the dog to consciousness cos it's eyes was drifting off.
Please can you describe what transpired during the incident before the good Samaritan came buy, and what also happened, before you were offered the free ride? I want to learn one or two things from you, for future purpose

As soon as i realized the abnormality in his face i quickly looked for a nearby shop to rest him then i used my p-cap to fan him so he could get enough breeze in other to make breathing possible

I did the fanning for up-to 30mins before the cab arrived and picked us up.. Are you clear bro??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:40am On Mar 19, 2018
I didn't come back on time so dinner got delayed, they were feeling hungry badly so i had to be fast in everything lol.. my sister made them golden morn and fish head that very night

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:53am On Mar 19, 2018
February 14th

So everyone was talking about Valentine's day and how they'd make the day lively with their partners but a no no for me

I'm single, I've no girlfriend and one of the reasons is because most girls I've met would tell me how they don't like dogs/hate dogs so gradually I'd distant myself from them, I don't consider anybody that doesn't like dogs part of me because these dogs are my best friend and i so much love them. I know there are girls who love dogs out there but am yet to see one except my sisters lol

We rocked the Valentine's day well, i served them fish head, grinded soya beans, milk and awara (I prepared it well before serving)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:05am On Mar 19, 2018
Sunday walk

We visited the woods on a Sunday afternoon, i felt taking pictures here would make sense so we took some shots

Sometimes i feel I'm missing out because in my town no one talkes about dog walk, dog shows nor any dog relate stuff embarassed

All they be telling me is how good my dogs look but well it's a nice compliment
(no one should ask me where i stay please)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2018
A dog page saw gustaf's picture and love it then requested my permission to post the pic on their page, i granted the request √√

13 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2018
After an evening walk we decided to rest, just me and gustaf, Murphy was on duty so he didn't come with us

6 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:19am On Mar 19, 2018
Gustaf relaxing and kimbo approaching from behind, all these boys want is to always be where I'm as they follow me to almost everywhere lol

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2018
Gustaf at almost 7months old

I gradually began noticing something on gustaf, his furs were falling and i have no idea what the cause is but his black furs keep reducing everyday, well didn't bother much then sha

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2018
There's fire on the mountain o

Gustaf furs keep falling and that sable coat is gone completely o cry and this time he became really sick and lean)

Gustaf wouldn't eat anything except two fish heads, he became slow and no longer plays instead he lays down under the car and keeps sleeping from morning till night

I quickly looked for help so my friend Peterlee that stays in Ibadan, he's a gsd enthusiast told me what to do which includes: using grinded ginger to help restore the coat and good shampoo to bath him every week and he also prescribed some drugs i should buy for him

While on the other hand i called the vet to begin administering treatment to at least get him eat something

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 2:00am On Mar 19, 2018
vincentjk:

As soon as i realized the abnormality in his face i quickly looked for a nearby shop to rest him then i used my p-cap to fan him so he could get enough breeze in other to make breathing possible

I did the fanning for up-to 30mins before the cab arrived and picked us up.. Are you clear bro??
Yes bro, I have learnt a lot from this, thank you.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by donshaize(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2018
vincentjk:
A dog page saw gustaf's picture and love it then requested my permission to post the pic on their page, i granted the request √√
wow Gustaf got featured on working_dogs_in_the_world

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2018
I must confess.... Gustaf really have an excellent physique . Kudos to you. The new pics added are giving me goose bumps, they are adorable, esp the one used on the dog page.
Pls try to research on how to "unlock" Gustaf's scent ability, to sniff out things, you never can tell when the skill will be useful to you. Regards to your canines

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2018
donshaize:
wow Gustaf got featured on working_dogs_in_the_world

Yup, Gustaf is a working line gsd

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2018
okikiosibodu:
I must confess.... Gustafson really have an excellent psychic. Kudos to you. The new pics added are giving me goose bumps, they are adorable, esp the one used on the dog page.
Pls try to research on how to "unlock" Gustaf's scent ability, to sniff out things, you never can tell when the skill will be useful to you. Regards to your canines

Thanks boss though there's something i forgot to add, I raised and trained Murphy from puppy stage and that training wasn't difficult to compare to what am currently facing with gustaf pertaining training

I trained Murphy to obey basic commands like; sit, stay, jump, shake, roll, attack, eat/don't eat lie down etc. I just started gustaf's training (sit and shake) before he fell sick, I personally wish to give gustaf the best training I'd give any dog because he's a working German shepherd and his ability/drive is kinda high

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by donshaize(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
vincentjk:

Yup, Gustaf is a working line gsd
cool
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by blessedvisky(m): 1:20am On Mar 20, 2018
I dan land
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
blessedvisky:
I dan land

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
I delay in updating the thread yea not because i don't feel like to but just that I've been kinda busy and occupied

Just got a little time this easter holiday

Gustaf has recovered and eating again, it's just the coat that is still taking time to grow back fully + i still feel some bony parts on his body

I'm so so happy and i just thank God .

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Beautiful looking dogs....
I can spot a German Shepherd a mile away.....
I am frightened by German Shepherds...but they are one of the most intelligent breeds out there. They are the U.S. Police force's dog of choice.
So what made you decide to get two dogs...?
If you already explained it in the thread, let me know and I'll go back and re-read.
I became a dog lover after my family purchased a 7 week old Pomeranian (who could fit in my hand) and which we had for 15 years.....and then he passed in 2013.
There is nothing like a dog....give it some food, love and care...and he/she is forever loyal...
Was the dog imported or how did you go about purchasing him?
Is he protective of the family and basically a guard-dog for you guys?
Do I just need to go back through the thread and read..lol?
I love the names Murphy and Gustav too...what's the story behind them?
Our dog's name was Simba.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.