Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,021 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? (11801 Views)

2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by oluwaseunla(m): 1:20am On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:

Point of correction; it is 5w-20 written on a cover of the engine and not 5w-30 that you said which I knew from the day I bought the car because I went through the manual that came with it.. Aside that, stressfully using so-called recommended engine oil is an illusion; Mobil XHP can be used instead with good maintenance most especially on vital parts like catalytic converter, 02 sensor and co; that is what I've been trying to tell you people.

I can't stop shaking my head while looking at the comments of some immatured or let me call them blocked-brain individuals here who seem not to have been well trained and still publicly displaying it.

I chose to ignore them by not quoting them because the wise ones have long time said it that silence is always the best answer for such people.

And you chose to ignore the effects of the XHP on the engine? I hope you know there are people using your car in Nigeria and they have 'stressfully' been using the recommended oil. That is how much they love their engine sir.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by jodeci(m): 2:26am On Mar 09, 2018
oluwaseunla:

And you chose to ignore the effects of the XHP on the engine? I hope you know there are people using your car in Nigeria and they have 'stressfully' been using the recommended oil. That is how much they love their engine sir.

According to him,good maintenance culture will convert 20W-50 to 5W-20. I still do not understand what bearing the viscuosity of the oil has to do with Cat converter and O2 sensor.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by LeJeun3: 4:05am On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:
Everyone shouldn't get confused on this issue.

Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc will officially be here any moment to clear the ground that using Mobil XHP engine oil won't damage let alone knock engine over the time if used consistently to service car in as much other things like catalytic converter, 02 sensors etc are always checked working fine and check engine light is not always left on for long.

I've consistently used Mobil XHP engine oil for my Honda accord EOD 05 for 2 years with good maintenance culture and the engine has never failed to start for once let alone be stranded for once. The engine is still very sound and sharp even more than that of most Tokunbos of the same car.

I just finished speaking with them on their line 01-2801600 copied from https://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Galleria_Finance/Nigeria_Company_Profiles/Oil_and_Gas/Mobil_Oil_Nigeria_Plc.html and anyone can call them to ask questions and as well get more enlightened regarding this. Thanks

If Mobil can actually prove this then I will cease to be a demeanor!

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2018
I just want to use this opportunity to thank and appreciate legalwealth, because of this thread, business has been booming, I have never sold this quantity of Mobil oil in 1 week!

thanks again.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by timifakay(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:

Point of correction; it is 5w-20 written on a cover of the engine and not 5w-30 that you said which I knew from the day I bought the car because I went through the manual that came with it.. Aside that, stressfully using so-called recommended engine oil is an illusion; Mobil XHP can be used instead with good maintenance most especially on vital parts like catalytic converter, 02 sensor and co; that is what I've been trying to tell you people.

I can't stop shaking my head while looking at the comments of some immatured or let me call them blocked-brain individuals here who seem not to have been well trained and still publicly displaying it.

I chose to ignore them by not quoting them because the wise ones have long time said it that silence is always the best answer for such people.

If I may ask, what sort of maintenance activities do you carry out on catalytic converter and O2 sensors?
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
I just want to use this opportunity to thank and appreciate legalwealth, because of this thread, business has been booming, I have never sold this quantity of Mobil oil in 1 week!

thanks again.

ahaha U nor go kill me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
timifakay:

If I may ask, what sort of maintenance activities do you carry out on catalytic converter and O2 sensors?
wash it with Canfor and ogogoro, try it and thank me later grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
jodeci:

According to him,good maintenance culture will convert 20W-50 to 5W-20. I still do not understand what bearing the viscuosity of the oil has to do with Cat converter and O2 sensor.
This is when you know that the Agbor weed has been mixed up with uGu leaf ,time to change supplier grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

thanks again.

I've been busy and I greet you congrats indeed!

Hope you took your time to unselfishly told them the possible implication of the sudden changing of engine oil from the previous one that was being used.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
@ erico2k2

Silence is the best answer for your type because it won't make sense I quote all your updates to give you your doze/size.

It will look like dropping to the level of your type of person talking/acting like a spoil brat/kid! !!
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
timifakay:

Google is your friend... You can type the question into it and you will see useful updates on that. Thanks
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by timifakay(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:

Google is your friend... You can type the question into it and you will see useful updates on that. Thanks

This thing go be like say my oga use you shine finish, I come take over.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
timifakay:

This thing go be like say my oga use you shine finish, I come take over.

No need of waiting for the thief since that is the only thing your fish brain could bring from the internet to drop here, just take
the saw and cut the catalytic converter away from your car by yourself that is even if you have one.

Don't forget to as well remove the 02 sensor... also don't bother changing any of the two when they are due for change. I wonder when you people will stop displaying stupidity online.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:
@ erico2k2

Silence is the best answer for your type because it won't make sense I quote all your updates to give you your doze/size.

It will look like dropping to the level of your type of person talking/acting like a spoil brat/kid! !!
I have not come to your level to abuse you, I was just giving my own opinion which Im entitled to however I got much amo to dish out for this i think you are a waste of space and you should return monies paid by ur Dad back to him as its bad investment,you got no sense of direction or responsibility,rather you chose to be silly and ignorant fru out,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:

Hope you took your time to unselfishly told them the possible implication of the sudden changing of engine oil from the previous one that was being used.
See talk

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by seyema(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
I must bookmark this thread for future reference
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
legalwealth:

I didn't have too grin

They all read of your experience.

cars were mostly new toks cars, fresh from foreign countries.

The smart ones got the right oils.

the smart and wealthy proactive ones got the right oils plus an extra set of oils for next service.

Keep up the good work, you are good for business. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:53am On Mar 10, 2018
erico2k2:

I have not come to your level to abuse you, I was just giving my own opinion which Im entitled to however I got much amo to dish out for this i think you are a waste of space and you should return monies paid by ur Dad back to him as its bad investment,you got no sense of direction or responsibility,rather you chose to be silly and ignorant fru out,

that guys head is as thick as olumo rock, nothing can enter inside, I repeat..... nothing can enter; except Mobil xhp. lmfao. the guy is just a blockhead, a first of his kind tho! took him 2years to destroy a perfectly sound engine of well over 10 yrs! oh well, his case might not even be physical as we imagined, it might be spiritual or mental!
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by timifakay(m): 6:01am On Mar 10, 2018
legalwealth:

No need of waiting for the thief since that is the only thing your fish brain could bring from the internet to drop here, just take
the saw and cut the catalytic converter away from your car by yourself that is even if you have one.

Don't forget to as well remove the 02 sensor... also don't bother changing any of the two when they are due for change. I wonder when you people will stop displaying stupidity online.

Since you have selective reading and understanding ability which made you ignore the more or less maintenance free conclusion...

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by diportivo: 7:05am On Mar 10, 2018
grin grin

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2018
if u know u don't have legal maintenance culture and u hardly import parts from Yankee when the same parts can be sourced from oyingbo and ladipo, u also don't service your catalytic converter and service ur o2 sensor say "aye"

these set of people are said to be " Demeanors"

r u one?

A big shout out to legalwealth and the Mobil xhp Nig team. Also a big shout out to those that sell parts @ oyingbo; God bless ur hussle, we'll continue to patronize u, luvinghubby please one Honda engine will be sourced from u before independence.

Also a big caution to the guy that sells agbor weed, we see the mighty works of thy hands in the life of legalwealth, please stop adding ugu leaf.... its dangerous and can mess with one's mental stability.

Also a big thank you to the team that tried to educate this one blockhead, now u see that argument....... not everyone can be taught anyways we appreciate ur genuine and heartfelt efforts..... thank you

the biggest shout out goes to legal wealth, thank you for showing us that some problems require a different manner of approach, education cannot solve everything.... sometimes pills and prayers are necessary.

to the teachers out there, cane can't fix all those children.... some of them need a different approach

thank you for ur time

wait first, HRH Gazzuzz, the spotlight is on u, u have shown great confidence and ur unrelenting efforts have shown how resilient u are. legalwealth owes u one origin.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by erico2k2(m): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

that guys head is as thick as olumo rock, nothing can enter inside, I repeat..... nothing can enter; except Mobil xhp. lmfao. the guy is just a blockhead, a first of his kind tho! took him 2years to destroy a perfectly sound engine of well over 10 yrs! oh well, his case might not even be physical as we imagined, it might be spiritual or mental!
U killed me here.since 6am I saw this message . I dey laugh since
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by 3kay945(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2018
This one that una don make Mobile xhp popular for my mind,. I think I will try it for my next service. cool
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2018
3kay945:
This one that una don make Mobile xhp popular for my mind,. I think I will try it for my next service. cool

don't forget to service ur catalytic converter and ur o2sensor else the oil change will have little or no effect!
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by 3kay945(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

don't forget to service ur catalytic converter and ur o2sensor else the oil change will have little or no effect!

Kazeem must have removed catalyst,. Its MAF and cramshaf sensor I do clean.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2018
3kay945:

Kazeem must have removed catalyst,. Its MAF and cramshaf sensor I do clean.

bro those parts I mentioned are maintenance free parts. I was just employing sarcasm..... only one person I know is dumb enough to cut his catalytic converter, service it and weld it back! same with o2, when bad its bad! when good its good!

no go begin service anything wey dey ur car oh, before u go remove ur ecu con "serFis" am

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by 3kay945(m): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

bro those parts I mentioned are maintenance free parts. I was just employing sarcasm..... only one person I know is dumb enough to cut his catalytic converter, service it and weld it back! same with o2, when bad its bad! when good its good!

no go begin service anything wey dey ur car oh, before u go remove ur ecu con "serFis" am

I know bro grin
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by 9icetoo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
this thread is just wow.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by solaris1: 3:52am On Apr 22, 2018
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo, slightly old smiley and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, thank you for your speedy reply
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by honsule(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2023
legalwealth:

Lol!

I service it every 3 months most times after covering 5000 miles. Seems you got me wrong somewhere! !!

He sure did wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things Your Car May Not Need / Lagos State Ministry Of Transportation Introduces The Electronic Billing System / Any Issue With Honda Civic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.