Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Vbasic Question On Counting Words In Ms Word And Searching For Text - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vbasic Question On Counting Words In Ms Word And Searching For Text (871 Views)

A Simple And Very Useful -WORD And SENTENCE- Similarity Algorithm ...part_1 / I Need Different Expression In Ms Access / Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vbasic Question On Counting Words In Ms Word And Searching For Text by chatykrew(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2007
Hi guys am writing an undergraduate project topic on "AUTOMATED UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT DATABASE" It aims at designing a database whereby students as well as staff can be able to view previous abstract, literature review only in jpg format. To the student it will help him/her to see and analyse various abstract etc previous carried out. to the Staff it will help them to check plagarism?. I will be using visual basic 6. therefore i wish to request for steps to do the follwoing:

a. Program to accept a typed MS WORD document (by uploading it) and be able to determine the word count and its size USING VB6.
b. Using vb to search for a text (word) in a text box stored in a database (MS Access) and display only those records that meets the criteria i.e in the form that Google searches for a word in a document and displays only site that meets its specification (the word searched).

example

search and display project titles (in text) with the word "video" only.

thanks
Re: Vbasic Question On Counting Words In Ms Word And Searching For Text by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2007
Good. What progress have you been able to make so far?
Re: Vbasic Question On Counting Words In Ms Word And Searching For Text by chatykrew(m): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hi thanks for the encouragement.
well currently am in the desing stage and i hope to see that i incorporate such in the prog. any way thanks

(1) (Reply)

Model Builder. / Anybody Ever Heard Of Javafx / Migrating Java To . Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.