Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer (19132 Views)

Nigeria, World’s 6th Largest Oil Producer, Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer / ‘nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer’ – NNPC / NNPC: Nigeria Will Never Witness Petrol Scarcity Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by surgical: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Nigeria is a definition of failure

How on earth did the 6th largest producer of crude oil in the world become the largest importer of same oil

Because of docile citizens, who do not see themselves as deserving of any good ,thing, who think they are meant to serve their leaders instead of the other way round, they dwell on things that are not important, they are easily distracted, and believed good governance is meant for only developed countries.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by FarahAideed: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2018
Abogwara:
One of Buhari's many failures but I will still vote him again. If I say I'm not disappointed with his handling of fuel situation in this country then my conscience is dead. Maybe they're getting prepared for Dangote refinery.

Just read what you wrote again and tell me why you shouldn't be confined in a psychiatry ward ?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by EternalTruths: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Throwback:
Nigeria seems to be condemned to failure with enemies of the state as leaders over the years.

A certain minister once said it is not in the interest of the government to operate oil refineries. Yet she operated the oil ministry as a medium for corruption.

The global oil cabal has willing partners in Nigeria. They have found a useless nation to force feed an imported meal that must be paid for.

It is so shameful that Buhari has not built One Refinery since 2015.

Buhari is a useless cow and a big useless cow for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by AleksAndria: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2018
moscobabs:

I give up on this country call Nigeria

Oh, you are just giving up.

The thing is that our Leaders just confront all national issues with laxity.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by 12345baba(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Oil a problem to naija

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by EternalTruths: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Lipscomb:
We all know the solution to our problem.If this stupid KANU take the right step of his movement I would have support him and many people will do also.

Biafrans don't need your support.

Keep shouting One Nigeria like the Tivs.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Rockyrascal(m): 7:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Abogwara:
One of Buhari's many failures but I will still vote him again. If I say I'm not disappointed with his handling of fuel situation in this country then my conscience is dead. Maybe they're getting prepared for Dangote refinery.
for what tangible reason exactly?

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Tobycharles: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2018
These polithiefcian are milking us dry day in day out

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by deebrownneymar: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2018
Nigeria is the worst at everything. We even import way more oil than non-oil producing countries. Where's the hope?....absolutely none.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by TEYA: 7:52am On Mar 02, 2018
sinistermind:
What happened to the refineries that they said was roducing 2million bpd? Now they are working to achieve 1million bpd... The solution to our petrol problem is in our hands but those in govt that are profiting from petrol importation won't allow it. Instead of destroying the so-called modular refineries, why not invest in them and make them better.
Who said refineries were producing 2 million barrels a day? Can you shou the link? Modular refineries? Lol. That nonsense that militants are doing is what you call modular refineries? Continue.
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by surgical: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2018
profjustine458:
Throughout Jonathans tenure fuel was never scarce. The only time it became scarce was towards the tail end of GEJ tenure when Buhari started claiming that fuel subsidy is a ruse and that he does not know what fuel subsidy is. Therefore fuel marketers started hording the fuel since they were afraid Buhari would not support subsidy. Today Buhari is Importing fuel ,paying subsidy and fuel situation worse than ever before. Nigerians now sleep at petrol stations in order to buy fuel.. What a shameless change karma don start.
The people deserve the kind of leaders they get. check it out are they not comfortable with the situation, do you hear them complain, its because he his serving them what they want and in correct doses.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Lipscomb(m): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2018
grin commander chief of biafran on nairaland when will you swallow your pride and take the right step.
EternalTruths:

Biafrans don't need your support.

Keep shouting One Nigeria like the Tivs.
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Miyachi: 7:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Nigeria, my Nigeria, when most of the world is moving away from fossil fuel we are still thinking of building refineries. When oil comes crashing as most economies are going fully renewable and nuclear all these infrastructures built around oil will be a colossal waste. I wonder if the president and his advisers don't watch the news, I know reading can be hard but watching...
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by EternalTruths: 7:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Lipscomb:
grin commander chief of biafran on nairaland when will you swallow your pride and take the right step.

Pls remain as a Nigeria.

The shithole country best fits you.
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by ultron12345: 7:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Which typical Nigerian is benefiting from PMS importation?

Are the overwhelming majority of the people of Nigeria not groaning under its weight?

Capital flight, falling Naira, comatose manufacturing sector, high cost of local production......all these things tie directly to our inability to refine petroleum locally.
I never said all Nigerians are benefitting from petrol import. I said, a typical Nigerian will not leave what is benefitting him, even if its benefiting him at the detriment of others due to his greediness, selfishness and self centeredness. You are only talking like this because ur not benefitting from it.

I asked a question, if u are benefitting from petrol import, will u allow local refineries which have the potential to stop ur petrol import profits. Be honest with ur reply.

The problem with this country is a Bad People, and these bad people give rise to bad leaders.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 02, 2018
This one weak me. How can this country be knee deep in a river yet thirsty and using saliva to wash your face.

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by tete7000(m): 7:58am On Mar 02, 2018
The problem is that Nigeria is the country of talkative people. They now how to talk but action is zero. What is all the talk and lamentation about? You have power to change it, do that! It's that simple.

By the way what happened to Buhari's promise of revamping those refineries and bringing new one on stream every year? Another cheap talk. Our politicians like most of us talk without reasoning. They promised to do things without even analysing inherent challenges and possibilities. They will end boko haram in three months, they will produce unlimited power in six months, etc but here we are the promises remain mirages.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2018
How can the economy grow when our net import is greater than our net export causing balance of trade deficit.

Pathetic!!!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by dirtyhokage(m): 8:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Not just fuel with generators tooo.....are we this cursed or we just blind and ignorant to so many things,and the worse part is that 80% of the youths in the country prefer talking about big brother or dragging for pettiness on Twitter, smh evil leaders ignorant elders,jobless youths

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Usherzy: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2018
I am certain Mr lier go talk say nah big achievement so far 4 9ja. Another ⛔ loading.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Randerl: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2018
Great feat, another achievement from THEm.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by MrPresident1: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2018
Shebi dem talk say dem go repair our refineries?

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by kenny2u(m): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2018
Congratulations 9ja! What a Nation... Shior!

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Mexyz(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2018
This is as a result of the failures of past government to the present one. The so called government of 'change' is even taking us backward instead of forward. What a shame that we are now the largest importer of what we have in abundance here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by DONFASZY(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Am tired of blaming buhari
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Switruth: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Gradually this country is heading to doom.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by rollyfst: 8:21am On Mar 02, 2018
NNPC SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF SAYING THAT. THE DULLARD ASSURED US OUR REFINERIES WORKING IF VOTED FOR YET NON OF THEM WORKING.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Alanzazani: 8:22am On Mar 02, 2018
How did a great nation come to this. I blame the military and thier cohorts for destroying Nigeria. How can an exporter of crude oil import petroleum. There is something fundamentally wrong with us as a nation. Nobody seems to be interested in burning issues like this. Nobody is ready to make a drastic and radical change instead we focus on mundane things. Everything is APC and PDP while the same failed leaders continue to be at the helm of affairs. I am tempted to use Trump's analogy to describe this country
Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by daywatcher: 8:26am On Mar 02, 2018
Divide or restructuring is long overdue

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by Mofe72: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2018
Since thy kingdom come, we've been talking about increasing the capacity of our refineries.

Nigeria is a silly joke, that isn't funny

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by OyinO: 8:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Shaaaame!!! Shameless Shithole people and country.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Nigeria Now World’s Largest Petrol Importer by IdeyFindWife: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2018
sexyking1:
Soon petrol will be waste, now electric cars is fast rising. Germany sef don ban diesel engine cars. Soon nigeria will be petrol dump, where other countries will be dumping their excesses

Lootocratic mallams and their accomplices ain't seeing it that way.

As long as still has a whimper of breath left in it, they'll keep milking it.

They seem devilishly inspired. It's horribly sublime in a peculiarly macabre fashion watching the systematic gutting of this country, piece by piece, like when watching butchers at work!

Without divine intervention and the persistently destructive efforts of the Ruling Class, the country looks set to end up in war or some sort of anarchy or the other.

2019 comes, vote wisely!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South East Budget Cuts: Ekweremadu Blames National Assembly Committees / James Ornguga Resigns As Special Assistant To Ortom, Benue State Governor / Dr Maduka: I Am The Only Aspirant Contesting On The Strength Of What I Have Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.