Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Allegations Against Bello Still Stand,but....kogi Rec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Against Bello Still Stand,but....kogi Rec (345 Views)

Magu: I Was Shocked When I Read The ‘Nonsense’ Allegations Against Me / Breaking.... Kogi Rec / Allegations Against Bello Still Stand, But…- Kogi REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Allegations Against Bello Still Stand,but....kogi Rec by CHOPUP411(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2018
INEC, has said despite the issuance of new voter’s card to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, he has not been left off the hook over the double registration issue, saying its decision on prosecuting him after his tenure still stands. Gov Yahaya Bello INEC said what it did was to process Bello’s right to have his voter’s card based on legal advice. This was INEC’s submission at an interactive session with newsmen and civil society organisations in Lokoja, yesterday. Presiding over the meeting, the state’s Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, Professor James Apam, explained that the commission is not unaware of the circumstances that heralded the governor’s transfer of his card from Abuja to Kogi State. His words: “We have not gone back on our stand against Governor Yahaya Bello over the double registration. But we have nothing to hold him now. And based on legal advice, we have to allow him transfer his voter’s card from Abuja to Okene.” His rights He continued: “The allegations against him have not taken away his rights to demand a transfer. What we did is that we treated his matter distinctly— double registration on one side, request for transfer of voter’s card on another side. But I must tell you, the allegations against him are still hanging.” The REC also called on registered voters to come out and collect their permanent voters’ cards, PVCs, saying 202,289 are yet to be collected, representing 10 percent of the total registered voters in the state. He said the commission, under the ongoing continuous voters’ registration, has registered 176,886 persons as at February, while 7,169 persons within the period have successfully transferred their PVCs and 9,400 cards were replaced.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/allegations-bello-still-stand-kogi-rec/

Re: Allegations Against Bello Still Stand,but....kogi Rec by NaijaMutant(f): 7:09am On Mar 02, 2018
We learnt Bello just got a new PVC some few days ago angry

Both INEC and Bello are mad
Re: Allegations Against Bello Still Stand,but....kogi Rec by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 02, 2018
NaijaMutant:
We learnt Bello just got a new PVC some few days ago angry

Both INEC and Bello are mad

seconded

(1) (Reply)

2019: Omoko Urges Gov Okowa To Fix Orhuwhorun Community Main Road / Our Right To Defend Ourselves; Our Right To Life / SARS Officers Dragged Me By My Penis – Man Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.