Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held (514 Views)

Evolution Is The Reason For Racism / Someone Said: "Evolution Is A Proven Fact." Could This Be True? / I'm A Christian, Evolution Is In The Bible And The Word Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
I stumbled upon this somehow and I read it,I would like you all to read it also . Here is the link below

http://reasonsforjesus.com/if-evolution-is-true-our-cognitive-faculties-cannot-be-trusted-atheism-cannot-be-rationally-held/

As it's conclusion, it states this;

"If evolution is true, which the vast majority of
naturalists believe to be the case, then ascribing truth
to naturalism and evolution is dubious or inconsistent.
Since the brain did not evolve to obtain truth, but only
to increase one’s chances of survival, we cannot be
confident that our own cognitive faculties leading us
to conclude in atheism are reliable."

True right!

If you disagree with naturalist believes and see evolution as a completely false idea, believing in the Whole creation of universe and life by a superior being,that belief is as equally dubious as what is quoted above.

I mean if you have a library full of books(without any thing written on them) created by a creator , will any ability given to the book by it creator tells the book that it has been created. A book is a book,it holds no knowledge of its own existence, or createdness nor that of its creator.

In humans ,no matter how brilliant ,divinely made or a result of probability ,same goes.
Humans are merely being speculative,trying to show a sense of brilliancy or in fact pride so as to rank themselves on a higher scale from other animals by devising religion and a God to give purpose to life on earth ,pushing other life forms down as worthless.

Yet we all know that if clearly a God created the world he must be insincere ,unjust and full of pride as the humans he created, as holy books of religions and the believers have the following claims in common

1. that their Gods despite their different ideas of that god answers them(I.e Several Gods must be ruling the world ). A God if he existed and he made the world should have instilled In his creation a straight forward path to his mercy rather the multitudes of religion we have around .

2. All religions are in favour of themselves , and clearly states that any person who is not of that particular faith is lost and will be a loser on judgement day .
What an unjust God, he didn't give a straight forward path to his mercy yet he will punish his crea
tion for being unable of finding the true path.
Unjust not just an unjust God buh a wicked one also.

3. If you don't praise/ worship him, the creator will burn you.
What kind of creator creates things and give them free will to choose yet burns them for not choosing him.

That's to name just few.

if divine being is true,then seeing truth in his work will be delusional as his books and works are simply different and mostly in opposition to one another, which bring fort the question

Which of the religion is true for the God that governs the world (if actually he exists)?
Re: If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held by superboyspecial: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
Believing in evolution seems lyk believing in creation,both never had a beginning, from the big bang to God creating the universe,what/who made them,did God just come into existence or?
How will heaven be all glorious when your loved ones are in hell?

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2018
I love that, " How will heaven be all glorious when your loved ones
are in hell? "

Once I remember while growing in my very teenage years, i couldn't help but wonder how a God who (in islam ) has an attribute of all forgiving would be xo heartless as to humans and other creatures being burn in hell to the extent of he(God) sending them to hell himself.
Re: If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
that's why i ponder always because if heaven is real., then i won't have any excuse because as christians are preaching to me, muslims are too.... and they all claim to be the right path with diverse beliefs that are even contradicting....

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Master Billyonaire / How To Understand And Maintain Your Vision- By Dr Michael Gwanda / Genesis Chapter 16: The Godly Enslavement and Rape Of The African Girl Hagar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.