Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,486 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos (30120 Views)

Man Locked Up For 20 Years Inside Room Discovered In Kaduna / EndSARS: Protesters Break Benin Prison Wall, Free Inmates / Emmanuel Adeniji: Nigerian Man Rapes 73-Year-Old Woman In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xinzu:

Olodo, "Am" is actually correct in that context. See as you disgrace your generation because of ITK.
grin don't mind him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by emmatok(m): 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
Awoo88:

The ipo don't need to reduce the man's age. 73 years old can be charged for murder. Even as the story bi

You don't get it .

There was no murder in the first place.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Awoo88: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
emmatok:

You don't get it .
There was no murder in the first place.
I see!! So what is happening to the ipo now
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xinzu:

Olodo, "Am" is actually correct in that context. See as you disgrace your generation because of ITK.
Lol, my boss, kindly ignore that dude. grin

Really miss you sir.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Paradigm777: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
Evablizin:
Wicked police officer,he will pay for his wickedness against this old man.
How do u expect the IPO to survive with #9270 as salary in this dullardeen era apart from opting to extort those who voted in the dullardeen? undecided
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by emmatok(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
Awoo88:

I see!! So what is happening to the ipo now

For Nigeria?

That IPO might likely be transferred elsewhere
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Jethrolite(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
1.The old man was charged to court for murder

2. The IPO and the old man resolved their matter through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

3. The IPO charged the old man and his family a whooping sum of N500,000 for bail.

4. The old man was so excited upon his release from medium security prison.

Am i the only one who finds this story hard to believe?
Grade A blockhead. Olodo.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Jethrolite(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
Paradigm777:

How do u expect the IPO to survive with #9270 as salary in this dullardeen era apart from opting to extort those who voted in the dullardeen? undecided
And who told you recruits, constables and corporals can be case IPO?
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
sexybbstar:

You are trying to correct someone but you are the one who need to be tutored... It is "am I" not "I'm I"
That's why major general buhari with NEPA certificate will still be better than him. grin
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Paradigm777: 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jethrolite:
And who told you recruits, constables and corporals can be case IPO?
shocked
They can ooo... Come to kano state! Mai ruwa police station in SG grin
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jethrolite:
Grade A blockhead. Olodo.
I think you're mistaking for your father bro. grin
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by tlurdy: 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
Who tagged or title this story?i no understand atall
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by lilyheaven: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
1.The old man was charged to court for murder

2. The IPO and the old man resolved their matter through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

3. The IPO charged the old man and his family a whooping sum of N500,000 for bail.

4. The old man was so excited upon his release from medium security prison.

Am i the only one who finds this story hard to believe?
It is called * lack of communication skill*
Incoherence in writing ; cheesy
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by ipobarecriminals: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
sad angry sad angry angry Abnormal people in black n black mourning clothes. what do u expect from those useless GOATS when their oga IGP mission nah to dey sample different toto/collect hefty bribe from criminals /side fulani terrorists.Dey don't fear old age/grey hair.The IPO Dat make dis old man cry in anguish /suffered, bend,so shall he cripple and due misfortune. BASTARDS
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
lilyheaven:

It is called * lack of communication skill*
Incoherence in writing ; cheesy
Another wise fellow.

I feel like giving you a kiss.

1 Like

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Jethrolite(m): 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
I think you're mistaking for your father bro. grin
It isn't funny and your abuses mean nothing to me.

I really feel disturbed when I see people like you online who have problem with comprehension - the easiest part of English language.

Unemployable useless Nigerian youth. Always out to blame government whereas you have no brain.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by sanerugwei: 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
Oh, so the old man did not commit any crime? grin grin grin I really need to stop taking this Hollandia yoghurt....

Awon science student... grin grin shocked shocked shocked

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by linearity: 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
kitaatita:

You are the only who doesn't understand the story
The IPO reduced the man's age from 73 to 42 so as to charge him for murder. This happened because the old man couldn't pay N500, 000 demanded by the IPO. Meanwhile, the old man and complainant had resolved their issues through alternate dispute resolution mechanism and filled affidavit to that effect at the court. But the gullible IPO was hell bent on punishing the old man for not paying, hence he charged him to court

What has age got to do with charging someone for murder?

I know that during sentencing phase, age is one of the mitigating circumstances that is considered in fixing prison terms....charging someone in itself does not have any bearing on age, unless there is some in the Nigeria criminal code that addresses this, which am not aware of.

1 Like

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Jethrolite(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
Paradigm777:

shocked
They can ooo... Come to kano state! Mai ruwa police station in SG grin
Lol, I'm from the South. I totally get your point. I remember a friend serving in a Jigawa secondary school where he was posted as a teacher with Bsc and his Principal was also a fresh Bsc holder. Unlike in the South where there is excessive university degree supply.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by mfm04622: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
kitaatita:

The IPO reduced the man's age from 73 to 42 so as to charge him for murder. This happened because the old man couldn't pay N500, 000 demanded by the IPO. Meanwhile, the old man and complainant had resolved their issues through alternate dispute resolution mechanism and filled affidavit to that effect at the court. But the gullible IPO was hell bent on punishing the old man for not paying, hence he charged him to court

Murder charges CANNOT be resolved through Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism. Murder cases is between the accused and govt, not family of the deceased
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by kitaatita: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
linearity:

What has age got to do with charging someone for murder?

I know that during sentencing phase, age is one of the mitigating circumstances that is considered in fixing prison terms....charging someone in itself does not have any bearing on age, unless there is some in the Nigeria criminal code that addresses this, which am not aware of.

You are correct. However, the African culture has sympathy to old age.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Kennitrust(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
kitaatita:

help am, him want make the story long like obasenjo letters
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jethrolite:
It isn't funny and your abuses mean nothing to me.

I really feel disturbed when I see people like you online who have problem with comprehension - the easiest part of English language.

Unemployable useless Nigerian youth. Always out to blame government whereas you have no brain.
My apologies if you think that I abuse you, but this is just a case of mistaking identity. You started the name calling bro.

You're mistaking me for your dad bro. Check well again and see for yourself.

Thanks. kiss
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by kitaatita: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
mfm04622:

Murder charges CANNOT be resolved through Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism. Murder cases is between the accused and govt, not family of the deceased

You are correct again. Which leads me to believe that the IPO was just being wicked by framing murder charge where non exists
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by maasoap(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Awoo88:

The ipo don't need to reduce the man's age. 73 years old can be charged for murder. Even as the story bi
Nigeria policemen are real criminals. He knew that the judge would be interested in how 73 years old man committed murder, he didn't want to raise suspicion on the part of the judge.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
May God deliver us from corrupt ipos many of them dont deserve to work with the force.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Flexherbal:
What will now happen to the IPO ?

nothing, his incompetence is already being celebrated by his divisionll
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Xinzu: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
Lol, my boss, kindly ignore that dude. grin

Really miss you sir.

Baba e don tey oo, how your side na?
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xinzu:

Baba e don tey oo, how your side na?
Everywhere tight for here.... Head burn.

How the hustle boss?
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by SOFTENGR: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
This Policeman should be relocated to Mushin or Dapchi and let's see how he will keep looking for bribe.
Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by Xinzu: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
JasonScolari:
Everywhere tight for here.... Head burn.

How the hustle boss?

As long as this idiot remain on Nigeria's seat of power, everywhere go dey tight. The man is a curse!

I'm doing pretty well, thank God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 73-Year-Old Man Locked Up In Benin Prison After His Age Was Reduced To 42.Photos by giftmurphy(f): 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
Lol Nigerian police

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnapper Receiving Treatment For Gunshot Injuries On Private Part Arrested / Two Men Caught Burying Charms On Building Site In Ilorin / Scammer Pabloayodeji Tweets, Promises To Return Money He Stole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.