Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA (1535 Views)

I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / ShopRite Denies Leaving Nigeria / I Need Advice On Processing Form M. I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2018
I am contemplating leaving this country for the US.
I need inputs from Nigerians in the US who have experience with this my decision.

If you were in Nigeria as an entrepreneur managing to earn minimum of N500k to N600k
monthly, would you still decide to leave for USA or remain in Nigeria?

I simply want a change of environment &
A change of job cause I'm too adventurous with jobs/work. Getting bored doing same thing for over 10 years now.

Bear in mind that the Nigerian environment is unstable for some businesses. So the source of this monthly pay is kinda off the grid for a long long term plan. I have a building in Naija but the change of environment is biting me hard.

Would this decision to leave for the States be worth it?

Going as a divorcé so it will be a solo trip/sojourn.

Advice needed
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Agboki: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2018
4 me leaving naija if i where in ur shoes no make brain!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2018
I think you should consider some situations first before taking the plunge
1. Are you married with kids? What will it mean to then when you travel?
2.do you have legal papers for relocation?
Etc
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2018
Treasuredlove:
I think you should consider some situations first before taking the plunge
1. Are you married with kids? What will it mean to then when you travel?
2.do you have legal papers for relocation?
Etc

No kids yet.
Can raise the paper money before leaving Naija so that'll make it faster
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by emmayayodeji(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2018
Op.

So you finally divorced your husband....
Who now has custody of your daughter?
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2018
emmayayodeji:
Op.

So you finally divorced your husband....
Who now has custody of your daughter?

His Mom
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by krissconnect(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2018
First of all, you check and balance... What's USA going to offer you? If you're going to earn #300k in USA which is equivalently half of what ure earning in Naija, biko leave to USA... Bt if uve juxtaposed and seen ure gonna earn less and spend more in USA, stay back and make it dope in Naija, Naija doesn't bite
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2018
krissconnect:
First of all, you check and balance... What's USA going to offer you? If you're going to earn #300k in USA which is equivalently half of what ure earning in Naija, biko leave to USA... Bt if uve juxtaposed and seen ure gonna earn less and spend more in USA, stay back and make it dope in Naija, Naija doesn't bite

Earning 300k in US sounds kinda scary. With the high cost of housing there? Thanks for the input. Will make more findings before plunging in
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by emmayayodeji(m): 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
sadsad:

His Mom

Thats so Sad undecided undecided undecided

If you need companionship, Im here

Age is just a number tho
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
sadsad:

No kids yet.
Can raise the paper money before leaving Naija so that'll make it faster
OK. Sincerely, you understand your situation better but hopefully someone who has go e through what you are about to do can advise you better.
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by laivwire(m): 3:26am On Mar 03, 2018
emmayayodeji:

Thats so Sad undecided undecided undecided

If you need companionship, Im here

Age is just a number tho

Here is another parasite on the lookout for a new host. Sasad, pls be careful and don't let opportunistic fellows take advantage of your situation. You can delete the previous thread just to be safe.

Age is just a number my foot. Arrant nansenseangry

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by INFOBIZ3: 4:23am On Mar 03, 2018
sadsad:
I am contemplating leaving this country for the US.
I need inputs from Nigerians in the US who have experience with this my decision.

If you were in Nigeria as an entrepreneur managing to earn minimum of N500k to N600k
monthly, would you still decide to leave for USA or remain in Nigeria?

I simply want a change of environment &
A change of job cause I'm too adventurous with jobs/work. Getting bored doing same thing for over 10 years now.

Bear in mind that the Nigerian environment is unstable for some businesses. So the source of this monthly pay is kinda off the grid for a long long term plan. I have a building in Naija but the change of environment is biting me hard.

Would this decision to leave for the States be worth it?

Going as a divorcé so it will be a solo trip/sojourn.

Advice needed

me too, I wan relocate ooo.
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by hanbie: 5:06am On Mar 03, 2018
It depends on you.
Pros of relocating- constant electricity, stable government, change of environment, better pay*.
Cons without paper: menial jobs, job dissatisfaction, living in fear till your papers come out, career change ( might be what you never imagined), betrayal from everyone who knows you need paper, living a below average life than you were living here (for a while though if you are hard working), uncertainties etc. Just decide for yourself. Remember you never know until you try it. One thing is for sure, if you work hard and keep pushing, America will pay off. As long as you don't listen to the little minded people you meet everywhere telling you all sorts of stories that are untrue and limit you. whatever your decision, be ready to stick with the outcome. I'm not an advocate of illegal immigration tho esp when you have something going here. The ball is in your court.
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Nutase: 7:00am On Mar 03, 2018
Follow you heart and brain.
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by emmayayodeji(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2018
laivwire:

Here is another parasite on the lookout for a new host. Sasad, pls be careful and don't let opportunistic fellows take advantage of your situation. You can delete the previous thread just to be safe.

Age is just a number my foot. Arrant nansenseangry

Them tell you say I poor Lmao

People tho..
Re: I'm Confused. Between Staying Back Or Leaving For USA by Hycon(m): 10:56pm On May 14, 2018
You are better off traveling for vacation and can spend time over there but if you plan to work, you might later find yourself hustling.
If you don’t mind hustling, then go for it.
What I mean by hustling is unstable way of making income.

(1) (Reply)

Joystick Enlargement Oil / Are You Into Affiliate Marketing? Get More Leads And Sales / My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.