Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai (11961 Views)

Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition / Osinbajo Reveal Why FG Is Taking About Second Niger Bridge Construction Serious / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by emmalezdigital: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2018

Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, yesterday, said he was not bothered about second term in office, stressing that posterity will judge him on his ongoing efforts to transform the state.

Speaking in Ilorin, Kwara State capital, El-Rufai also described the emergence and attainment of power of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, in 2015 as a “miracle.”He said the emergence of the APC and its clinching on to power in less than four years of its formation was a miracle and that the party would repeat the same feat in any election.

The governor spoke while delivering the maiden public lecture of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, entitled,”Governing Justly: Perspectives From Near & Far With Lessons From Nigeria.” The governor said at 58, he was not looking for any job, saying cancelling what he has doing in Kaduna today will be politically costly for any administration that comes after his to do because of their nature.

He added that he is not bothered about agitation for second term in office, hence he is taking well grounded decisions that would stand the test of time.

El-Rufai also boasted that there was no threat to the success of the party ahead of the 2019 general elections in the state and beyond because, according to him, the party has no formidable opposition that could stop it.

The governor said many people that voted for the APC in 2015 voted for the party “because they were tired of the PDP. Many people voted not really for APC but against PDP,” he said.

The governor labelled those agitating within the party as “rascals, trouble-makers and noise makers,” who only wanted the party to continue in the PDP ways of sharing money.

He said: “The APC has no opposition, the opposition we have is no opposition because the opposition is within the APC, there are many unhappy people, we also have many rascals, trouble makers and noise makers.

“They are simply disgruntled because they are used to the PDP ways of doing things: every month give me money, Paris Club is here, where is my money? They will remain in opposition until you have a way to alienate them.”

The governor blamed the elite for the challenges confronting Nigerians because of what he described as craze for “elite’s entitlements and selfish interests.” “The Nigerian elite is corrupt, selfish, self centred and largely divided. Like I said, there is need for consensus of the Nigerian elite,” the governor said.

On the recent religious crisis that broke out in the state, the governor said 15 persons have lost their lives to the crisis while 45 were injured.

He traced the genesis of the crisis to the case of a Christian girl who was dating a Muslim guy and wanted to convert to Islam because he wanted to marry him, a development which he said sparked of the crisis.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/02/im-not-bothered-second-term-office-el-rufai/

cc lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by forreelinc(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
eh? this one still dey?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Ayodejioak(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nigeria politics is a little complicated

How about we talk about my favourite topic,

Success stories:

Let me know if you are interested in joining a team of an ' international history re-writing' app project!!

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by TRUTH2020: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
LIES N LIES the same way buhari said he will not contest the second time now he want to force himself on us but my GOD no go gree,GO BACK TO DAURA.

12 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Prestdude: 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
When a Nigerian politician says he is not interested in a particular venture, especially if it has anything to do with going for a second term, look closely that's the only thing he has in mind.... This guys want to rule forever.

Him saying this
The Nigerian elite is corrupt, selfish, self centred and largely divided. Like I said, there is need for consensus of the Nigerian elite

As if he has not been part of the political elite, talk about speaking from both side of the mouth... What is more corrupt than paying foreign terrorist off for killing the people you are governing....

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Buharimustgo: 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
See liar,if you were not bothered you would have thanked those that suspended you from APC instead of demolishing their building

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Daslim180(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Baba kukuru (Short man)

5 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Tb222(m): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
who can be botherd when there is always cash to embezzle, tips from inflated contracts,and pussies from wannabe slay queens.
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by visijo(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
greedy politicianS..

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Tmelisfon: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
Who cares ?
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by eleojo23: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
So start packing your bags na

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Mogidi: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
See this midget, where were you going to get the votes?

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by bloomstar: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Always refer to my signature, and thank me later
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by joncom(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Why would he be bothered. When he knows he can rig his way though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by RexTramadol1: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Hell roof hi

Just face front before I woze you

Dem beg u fr second term bfr
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by NaijaMutant(f): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
grin
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by lilprinze: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
why should he be bothered when he knows he is going to lose woefully.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Newbiee: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
Sai Mallam
Sai Baba 2019

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by congorasta: 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Pls I have been looking for shank first album king Kong.
if you have it,i will pay handsomely for it
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by ayourbamie: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Left to me u will never win any election in Nigeria again
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Mogidi: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
The governor said many people that voted for the APC in 2015 voted for the party “because they were tired of the PDP. Many people voted not really for APC but against PDP,” he said

This is an incredible admission.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Alejo01(m): 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Enemy don pass friend....
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Phelix01(m): 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
Second term ke? Pls don't try this at home

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by Infidoniyke(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
You are very correct Mr governor, those that voted in 2015 voted against PDP. Come 2019,Nigerians will massively vote out the dullard and any thing associated with him.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by NwaJozi: 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
K
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by IMASTEX: 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Story

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by ally457(m): 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
This littleman na big trouble ooo....
Re: I’m Not Bothered About Second Term In Office — El-rufai by koolgee(m): 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2018
grin grin
Story! Story!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku: They Gave Him A False Sense Of Hope - Femi Adesina / Defections: Why Senators, Reps May Lose Seats / PDP Crisis: Wike’s Non-support Won’t Affect Us - Daniel Bwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.