Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh (39639 Views)

Rice Mills In Nigeria Closedown After India’s Ban On Rice Exports / FG To Set Up Cashew Processing Plants In Four States — Ogbeh / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2018
Emycord:
SHUTUP HOW COME HE CONTRADICTED HIS OWN LIES BY SAYING TOO MUCH RICE IS STILL BEEN SMUGGLED INTO THE COUNTRY

You are the one who is incapable of understanding simple logic. The word importation means it has been brought through the borders of the country according to laws and regulations and a duty paid

Smugglers don't abide by the laws and regulations so therefore the quantity imported and the destination can not be ascertained.
You are eating illegally smuggled Thai rice. From data provided <25k MT of rice was imported into Nigeria through the ports down from 600k MT the previous year.

That is the big picture,it is also why the minister made mention of a hard stance with Benin Republic
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Lomprico2: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:
Self-appointed Haters: It is a lie.

Me: Of course, your entire world is a lie.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/archive/rice-exports-at-record-high-in-2017/1387798

You don't deserve to be a moderator!! Shame on you.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by mfm04622: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
neezar:
This old man should stop saying rubbish

I have been eating Thailand rice for a while now

You mean rice packaged as Thailand rice? Except you imported it yourself, you can't be sure.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2018
chocberry:

Where are the stats? The rule still stands. Rice comes in through the seaport ( legitimate route ) It's the illegitimate means like through the border that its banned. This is a boost for importers with huge financial prowess to import containers of the commodity but disfavors the tiny importers of few bags who try to smuggle it through the border. So how does this reduce rice import? Or it rather makes it more organized to reduce imports and makes the market less open to smaller importers but a gold mine to big time importers.

Do your research

http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202017.html

Turns out the minister is very much correct in his assertions.
The problem in Nigeria is everyone wants the next person to be accused of lying so they can claim to be telling the truth.

Yes you are eating foreign rice illegally smuggled foreign rice through Benin and Niger Republic

Nigeria is number 49 on the list
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2018
mfm04622:

You mean rice packaged as Thailand rice? Except you imported it yourself, you can't be sure.

That is another dimension not investigated or considered.
Many may be eating local rice disguised by the mill as foreign rice for financial gain. Knowing Nigerian consumers may be apprehensive about about local rice while also being able to charge more for said product according to market value
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by joey150(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2018
Owamudia:
I don't think all the rice around are locally produced.
In fact, I don't see locally produced rice anymore.
Anyways, thank God rice is now cheap.

Local rice in international packaging.

Very easy to fool Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202017.html

Turns out the minister is very much correct in his assertions.
The problem in Nigeria is everyone wants the next person to be accused of lying so they can claim to be telling the truth.

Yes you are eating foreign rice illegally smuggled foreign rice through Benin and Niger Republic

Nigeria is number 49 on the list

smuggled foreign rice through Benin and Niger Republic has been heavily decimated. Yes, but rice is still heavily imported

Now, can you beat your chest that the rice we all eat 150 million people eats it once a day is cultivated here. Can you honestly believe this?

I did my research on rice that will feed the entire nation, guess how much hectares of land we'll need for this?

I still saw an igbo man this administration negotiating with his thailand counterparts for massive amount of rice. I saw more than one self, i've spoken with rice dealers directly and all tells me brother, what we have around is imported rice. Do you know we've not mastered the act of rice polishing/processing perfectly as of the last time i checked?

Now all of a sudden we are self sufficient in rice production

The same Audu Ogbeh that spoke 2016 that Nigeria now produces all her rice because the government has paved the way for 10,000 hectares f land for rice cultivation. Do you know the aggregate MT of rice we consume yearly? And how much land will be needed to produce rice of such quantity? Ordinary egg powder, eggs, tomatoes are still imported, let alone rice.

You and your bosses in APC need to all calm down. The country has some brilliant minds

Free your self from the leash bra

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2018
Lomprico2:

But ur stupid minister said thailand rice sale has fallen because of nigeria.

That man may be old enough to be your father as I assume going by NL demographics you may not be older than 50.

It is a shame you would label a man who has committed several decades to the development of Nigeria and is doing his very best to bring progress to the agricultural sector as stupid.

You too would grow old one day
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Proffessorr: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2018
CoolFreeday:
Them no well, they never see anything yet.

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless PMB

smiley So you believe that story?
95% kwa!
Audu Ogbeh !! I hail...
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2018
chocberry:

smuggled foreign rice through Benin and Niger Republic has been heavily decimated. Yes, but rice is still heavily imported

Now, can you beat your chest that the rice we all eat 150 million people eats it once a day is cultivated here. Can you honestly believe this?

I did my research on rice that will feed the entire nation, guess how much hectares of land we'll need for this?

I still saw an igbo man this administration negotiating with his thailand counterparts for massive amount of rice. I saw more than one self, i've spoken with rice dealers directly and all tells me brother, what we have around is imported rice. Do you know we've not mastered the act of rice polishing/processing perfectly as of the last time i checked?

Now all of a sudden we are self sufficient in rice production

The same Audu Ogbeh that spoke 2016 that Nigeria now produces all her rice because the government has paved the way for 10,000 hectares f land for rice cultivation. Do you know the aggregate MT of rice we consume yearly? And how much land will be needed to produce rice of such quantity? Ordinary egg powder, eggs, tomatoes are still imported, let alone rice.

You and your bosses in APC need to all calm down. The country has some brilliant minds

Free your self from the leash bra

I don't even hold a membership card for APC, I may gravitate toward them rather than the other option but I have no personal stake.

I don't reside in Nigeria I've never lived in Nigeria as an adult, almost 20 years now I've relocated. I have no immediate stake in Nigeria I don't eat Nigerian rice my immediate family doesn't live in Nigeria but still I have faith in its progress yet people like you pray for it not to progress and sabotage all government effort

Smh
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

I don't even hold a membership card for APC, I may gravitate toward them rather than the other option but I have no personal stake.

I don't reside in Nigeria I've never lived in Nigeria as an adult, almost 20 years now I've relocated. I have no immediate stake in Nigeria I don't eat Nigerian rice my immediate family doesn't live in Nigeria but still I have faith in its progress yet people like you pray for it not to progress and sabotage all government effort

Smh

Show me where and how i sabotaged the government. If speaking the truth is sabotage, then i'm sorry you don't have hope anymore in life. As the so-called overseas education doesn't work for you.

Have a pleasant weekend
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2018
chocberry:

Show me where and how i sabotaged the government. If speaking the truth is sabotage, then i'm sorry you don't have hope anymore in life. As the so-called overseas education doesn't work for you.

Have a pleasant weekend

Why are you so pained by my direct statement. Why did you make such an absurd conclusion that I am foreign educated.

I know people like you involved in shady dealings under he guise of putting food on the table. You'll go to mosque on Friday or church on Sunday to seek forgiveness and pay god hush money or do you call it tithe
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

Why are you so pained by my direct statement. Why did you make such an absurd conclusion that I am foreign educated.

I know people like you involved in shady dealings under he guise of putting food on the table. You'll go to mosque on Friday or church on Sunday to seek forgiveness and pay god hush money or do you call it tithe

Equate providing education with sabotage. Why shifting the goal post? What a waste of education

ICT professional with 15 employees. I'm a CEO and rely on facts and figures. Even with your so-called abroad, you're not on my level whether it's on finance, education you name it. If APC is doing so well, why haven't you returned? Oh, slaving fits you i must guess. Slow poke

Go get a life APC apologetic
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by olmoRoc: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2018
Hahahahahhahaahahh! It's nice to know why Nigerians have been targeted for the over the past year. Nigerians are not the ONLY ones/Africans doing stuff here.

I'm sure I mentioned that in my last thread. They raid Nigerians to force the hands of the government into agreeing to continue to buy their rice.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by anaton(m): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2018
APC has gone ballistic/intercontinental with her unemployment virus. cry
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Emycord: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

You are the one who is incapable of understanding simple logic. The word importation means it has been brought through the borders of the country according to laws and regulations and a duty paid

Smugglers don't abide by the laws and regulations so therefore the quantity imported and the destination can not be ascertained.
You are eating illegally smuggled Thai rice. From data provided <25k MT of rice was imported into Nigeria through the ports down from 600k MT the previous year.

That is the big picture,it is also why the minister made mention of a hard stance with Benin Republic
"ILLEGAL THAI RICE" WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH AFFECTING THAI? SO YOU DO ADMIT THAT THE THAI RICE THAT OGBE SPOKE ABOUT DOES ARRIVE NIGERIA ALBEIT ILLEGALLY. IN CONCLUSION THAT OGBE LIED
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by SpaceAngel: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2018
Laughable, if you believe this then you can believe anything grin
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2018
Emycord:
"ILLEGAL THAI RICE" WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH AFFECTING THAI? SO YOU DO ADMIT THAT THE THAI RICE THAT OGBE SPOKE ABOUT DOES ARRIVE NIGERIA ALBEIT ILLEGALLY. IN CONCLUSION THAT OGBE LIED

That dude is a member of BMC Media Group. Let him be with his ignorance
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by efighter: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2018
NaijaMutant:

I used to consider you intelligent but never knew you were this simple undecided

I was actually reading to see where any Thailand official made that statement so I can start celebrating, only to see a failure like Audi Ogbeh making bogus claims

You call Audu Ogbeh a failure? Now tell us about your father who is a success.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by sweetgala(m): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2018
chocberry:

Equate providing education with sabotage. Why shifting the goal post? What a waste of education

ICT professional with 15 employees. I'm a CEO and rely on facts and figures. Even with your so-called abroad, you're not on my level whether it's on finance, education you name it. If APC is doing so well, why haven't you returned? Oh, slaving fits you i must guess. Slow poke

Go get a life APC apologetic

Slow poke Mr ICT what makes you think I'm a slave. You want to come to me with your poor CV. ICT professionals as they claim are a buck a dozen this is coming from.a Mechanical Engineer with close to 10 years experience with advanced experience and working for a fortune 500
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2018
efighter:

You call Audu Ogbeh a failure? Now tell us about your father who is a success.

Why not start by listing the successes of your demi-god Audu ogbeh who's a blatant liar, and an incompetent failure

As for my dad, general manager First Bank, over 30 years, trained close to 50 persons.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

Slow poke Mr ICT what makes you think I'm a slave. You want to come to me with your poor CV. ICT professionals as they claim are a buck a dozen this is coming from.a Mechanical Engineer with close to 10 years experience with advanced experience and working for a fortune 500

Yet you don't have a brain that functions outside manipulation. I'm afraid for the offsprings you'll produce.

Biotechnologist here. Best research student back in my school days. Yea, it's easy to dress up and earn a pay. Started over 20 businesses here. Employed and trained over 80 Nairalanders in the past 18 months.

Now i'm waiitng for you to prove saying the truth equates sabotage. Not proving this means you're an eediot.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by grandstar(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2018
Okoroawusa:

ship it out to where?

Most Asian countries are net importers of rise even though theyve been producing it for generatuons. Demand in Asia for rice massive

Only 3 countries in the world have comparative advantage in rice production and they are India, Thailand and Vietnam due to the fact that they have the best land suited for rice production.

Practically all other countries are net importers
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by INFOTECH2: 9:48am On Mar 03, 2018
If this story was true, the price of rice would have gone down to 3k.

This is obviously a political statement
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by nex(m): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2018
Thailand Rice Exports:

2015 - 9,795,781
2016 - 9,907,868
2017 - 11,628,303

SOURCE: http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202017.html

Dear Audu Ogbeh, please stick to your hobby of exporting rotten yams. Nobody told you to take over Lie Mohammed's job.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by bablogee(m): 9:55am On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=Owamudia post=65510756]I don't think all the rice around are locally produced.
Anyways, thank God rice is now cheap.[/quote
Nearly, if not half of the rice in the market are of course locally produced but well processed,packaged and branded. However, most of these integrated rice milling plant are located in the Northern part of the country where rice is mostly grown.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Emycord: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2018
sweetgala:

TOTAL POPULATION OF THAI IS 68.8M NIGERIA ALMOST TRIPLE OF THAT DO THE MATHS NIGERIA IS NOT A COUNTRY
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Which kind stupid lies are these

Once Thailand authorities deny this allegation, and telling the truth, with facts, Buhari's sycophants that are protecting their jobs by lying to be re elected in 2019. Will not accept the latest version.

As for that moderator banned me for telling the truth nature of Islam, I'm suing you for one trillion dollars for abusing my freedom of expression. Why there is no restrictions on Christians related threads
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Emycord: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2018
chocberry:

That dude is a member of BMC Media Group. Let him be with his ignorance
TO THINK THAI IS JUST 68.8M IN POPULATION JUST 1/3 OF NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Smartademu(m): 10:02am On Mar 03, 2018
Owamudia:
I don't think all the rice around are locally produced.
Anyways, thank God rice is now cheap.
Cheap, how, where? I just bought a bag yesterday at N17,000.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by leye4u: 10:27am On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:
Self-appointed Haters: It is a lie.

Me: Of course, your entire world is a lie.
All these secondary school drop-outs ..

See rubbish talk from a rubbish mod of a dustbin forum....if you no BAN me ,no be your father born you....NONSENSE
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Okoroawusa: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2018
grandstar:

Most Asian countries are net importers of rise even though theyve been producing it for generatuons. Demand in Asia for rice massive

Only 3 countries in the world have comparative advantage in rice production and they are India, Thailand and Vietnam due to the fact that they have the best land suited for rice production.

Practically all other countries are net importers
am glad u wrote intelligently

what am trying to bring out is the fact that there r many countries that will still demand Thai rice not necessarily Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding / My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.