Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

How To Change Name And Still Make Educational Certificates Valid - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Change Name And Still Make Educational Certificates Valid (524 Views)

Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB / I Want To Change My Surname, Will It Affect Me In Any Way (travel Wise) / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Change Name And Still Make Educational Certificates Valid by generalissimo(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Hello brilliant minds in Nairaland.
I want to apply for an international passport but I want to include my English name which has never appeared on any of my academic certificates to make it easier on the foreigners to address me. I want to include it because I bear indigenous names that are too long and too difficult to pronounce for people outside my tribe. I need advice on how to go about it and still make my academic certificates valid. I have already heard of swearing of affidavit etc but I want to know if there are better ways to go about it.
Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Re: How To Change Name And Still Make Educational Certificates Valid by msanda(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
generalissimo:
Hello brilliant minds in Nairaland.
I want to apply for an international passport but I want to include my English name which has never appeared on any of my academic certificates to make it easier on the foreigners to address me. I want to include it because I bear indigenous names that are too long and too difficult to pronounce for people outside my tribe. I need advice on how to go about it and still make my academic certificates valid. I have already heard of swearing of affidavit etc but I want to know if there are better ways to go about it.
Thanks in anticipation of your help.

I'd advice you not to bother. Your name is your name. Let foreigners learn to pronounce it (like they learnt to pronounce Chimamanda, Obasanjo, and others). Or give them a shortened version/nickname to call you (my foreign boss calls me Mo'). No need to actually change your official documents just to make it more convenient for people. You can simply tell them they can call you a particular name.

Trust me, it's not worth the hassle.

(1) (Reply)

Man Crushed To Death By A Car After Stealing Someone's Phone (VIDEO) / Another Accident At Otedola Bridge Today as 2 Buses Crash While Taking one way(p / Australian Permanent Rsidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.