Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,774 members, 7,798,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (12471 Views)

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official / FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% / FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Newshelm: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
Mr Hyginus Omeje, the Lagos State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has disclosed that 56, 767 driving licences were yet to be collected by their owners.

Omeje who disclosed this on Saturday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) urged the owners of the licences to collect them as the command would soon embark on “Operation Show Your Driving Licence.’’

He added that the corps would embark on the mission across all units of the command.

“We are embarking on this assignment so that motorists will come to our office to collect their driving’ licences.

“We have no backlog of new driving licences in Lagos State.

“There are 56,767 licenses yet to be collected by their owners.

“We have sent SMS to their owners that their licences are ready for collection but they ignored responding to our our messages,’’ the FRSC boss said.

Omeje frowned at the attitude of some road users driving without valid licences saying that such licences remained the only certification to drive on the road.

According to him, the fine for a driver driving without a valid licence is N10, 000 and the offender must produce the licence within 24 hours.

Omeje said that if after 24 hours such offender could not produce a valid licence, the vehicle of such offender would be impounded.

He said that in such situation, it would be assumed that the driver was not licensed to drive.

Omeje said that the corps was not interested in the fines or depriving anyone the comfort of his vehicle, but advised motorists to do the right thing and be safety conscious.

He, however, revealed that between Feb. 26 and March 2, no fewer than 4, 644 licenses were collected by the applicants. (NAN)

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/03/frsc-to-embark-on-operation-show-your.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by kabrud: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
I repeat, go and get your PVCs, we must vote out the dullard. Why the fck do we need driving licence? Do you need driving licence in amelica and rondon? Why is the dullard disturbing us with driving licence? Nlamdi cownu has said it, we are in a zoo. angry angry

13 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by eTECTIVe(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
Liars... My license came out 7months afta I applied for it and I received an SMS a month afta I had already collected it. Why won't Ppl forget about their licenses wen it is Neva ready at d stipulated time. Na who no get work must dey go their offices at intervals to check and confirm if it's ready

23 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by hayjayman(m): 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2018
Odeh, FRSC commander, why won't there be backlogs of Drivers license, when your officers are busy extorting vehicle owners and collecting bribes and opening business centers on highways??

12 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Crankshaft: 7:20am On Mar 04, 2018
Driving Drivers license

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by kings09(m): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2018
If they go after d yellow buses in lagos, i ll take dem serious

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Goldenheart(m): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2018
Wow
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by countsparrow: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2018
This ones will start to cause traffic join the one wey don dey already now...

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by MrRichy(m): 7:23am On Mar 04, 2018
kabrud:
I repeat, go and get your PVCs, we must vote out the dullard. Why the fck do we need driving licence? Do you need driving licence in amelica and rondon? Why is the dullard disturbing us with driving licence? Nlamdi cownu has said it, we are in a zoo. angry angry

it's like your stupidity is renewed every morning... ?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Olaiya26: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls ensure you check for danfo drivers too
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by countsparrow: 7:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Which mumu backlog? i applied since October last year, till now the original copy is not available... Anybody stop me, i give them d yeye temporary copy given to me shikena!

4 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Ojuororun(m): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2018
GOOD MORNING NIGERIA, GOD BLESS NIGERIA AMEN

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by onomeabuja: 7:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Newshelm:
Mr Hyginus Omeje, the Lagos State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has disclosed that 56, 767 driving licences were yet to be collected by their owners.

Omeje who disclosed this on Saturday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) urged the owners of the licences to collect them as the command would soon embark on “Operation Show Your Driving Licence.’’

He added that the corps would embark on the mission across all units of the command.

“We are embarking on this assignment so that motorists will come to our office to collect their driving’ licences.

“We have no backlog of new driving licences in Lagos State.

“There are 56,767 licenses yet to be collected by their owners.

“We have sent SMS to their owners that their licences are ready for collection but they ignored responding to our our messages,’’ the FRSC boss said.

Omeje frowned at the attitude of some road users driving without valid licences saying that such licences remained the only certification to drive on the road.

According to him, the fine for a driver driving without a valid licence is N10, 000 and the offender must produce the licence within 24 hours.

Omeje said that if after 24 hours such offender could not produce a valid licence, the vehicle of such offender would be impounded.

He said that in such situation, it would be assumed that the driver was not licensed to drive.

Omeje said that the corps was not interested in the fines or depriving anyone the comfort of his vehicle, but advised motorists to do the right thing and be safety conscious.

He, however, revealed that between Feb. 26 and March 2, no fewer than 4, 644 licenses were collected by the applicants. (NAN)

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/03/frsc-to-embark-on-operation-show-your.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44
NA WA OOOOH,
SO EVERY THING FOR NIGERIA NOW NA ONLY OPERATION THIS & OPERATION THAT ABI hmmmmmm..,
"operation crocrodile 1&2 , operation scorpion, operation pyton, operation cry, operation eradicate some people by operation fulani.
Now na operation show licences ,For una mind, (WE NA MUMU CITIZENS NA) as nothing like OPERATION give us JOB , na only "OPERATION LIE WE DE HEAR"
UNA WEN B BIG MEN MAKE UNA CONTINUE O..
ONE DAY na ONE DAY because for UNA TO ON UNA GENERATOR SETS GO BECOME AN ISSUE,
INFACT UNA GO DE DISGUISE LIKE POOR MAN SOON B4 UNA GO DEY COMOT FOR UNA HOUSE....MAKE UNA WATCH OUT FOR D MOVIE oooooo

5 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by zikter(m): 7:35am On Mar 04, 2018
March 31st will make it six months after my temporary licence was collected, and there is no news about my permanent licence which by the way is valid for 3yrs.
same applied to my national ID card with NIM. For a 5yr valid ID, almost 3yrs were spent in the office of NIM, leaving me with less than half of the validity.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 04, 2018
kings09:
If they go after d yellow buses in lagos, i ll take dem serious

They are business partners with yellow buses grin Useless people
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by RealGucci: 7:41am On Mar 04, 2018
sars wont like this
watch how frsc would hammer.
if sars no see licence u fit still drag wit dem last last 5k
d stubborn ones maybe 15k.
but frsc nabb u.
for dis buhari era
dem go impound your vehicle
na from 30k upwards .
nawa o.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Ellabae(f): 7:45am On Mar 04, 2018
Good call. Go get ur driving licence
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Mouthpis(m): 7:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Oga sector commander.

The temporary one ur boys gave me after all the noise and stress i was made to go through have expired.

Its almost 6 months now and the original/main one is not ready.

I don't know maybe I am suppose to rub some hands again before getting it.

Still ur boys won't allow me drive in peace like am the one causing the delay in my own DL.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 7:52am On Mar 04, 2018
kabrud:

This is what happens when you drink fermented beer with akara for breakfast! Sense passes out like bad air from down there! grin

5 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 04, 2018
FRSC should do the same in kano.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Tomoyayi(m): 8:05am On Mar 04, 2018
They are sha looking for ways to come back on Lagos roads, dem need money. The governor dey wait 4 una, yeye fifu.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 04, 2018
"Operation make driving licence collection process easier and more effecient"

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by DrHighchief(m): 8:25am On Mar 04, 2018
In an ideal situation, before u drive ur car, u r suppose to have ur driving licence. In a situation whereby u apply for DL, before it comes out it has already expired. The licence does not come out on time. Please FRSC, do the needful when someone applies for DL, it shud come out within one week...I know u can achieve this by deploying resources to ur various sectors across the country...God Bless Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by slimfit1(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2018
So no test just turn up wonders shall never end.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by lastempero: 8:29am On Mar 04, 2018
This people are they OK when its taking them eternity to produce driving licence.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 8:32am On Mar 04, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Liars... My license came out 7months afta I applied for it and I received an SMS a month afta I had already collected it. Why won't Ppl forget about their licenses wen it is Neva ready at d stipulated time. Na who no get work must dey go their offices at intervals to check and confirm if it's ready
You can check if your license is ready by sending an sms. Downside is that the sms only works on mtn line though.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by edupedia: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2018
kabrud:

...Kano people have told u who the dullard is between u and him...keep making useless noises here...in ,2023 now u will come here to lie that u voted for him in 2019 based on an agreement...your agreement?....
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by ise82(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Crankshaft:
Driving Drivers license

Driving license is correct... learn!!
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by kidman96(m): 8:47am On Mar 04, 2018
90% of danfo drivers don't have. Those guys are lunatics
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by ifymadu: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2018
Instead of them to put in this effort in making the document easily obtainable they are there pursuing the symptoms.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by misterchris(m): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Watch traffic disappear.
Re: FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos by misterchris(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2018
ifymadu:
Instead of them to put in this effort in making the document easily obtainable they are there pursuing the symptoms.
The process is seamless joor. The best way is to arrest culprits. But make dem no sha collect bribe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Care For Your Car Windscreen / The History And Evolution Of Ford Expedition / Thermostats, Do we really need them :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.