Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (434259 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 13, 2018
Oga souloho thanks for the mention and updates and am reporting for duty. Another nice one, more grease to your elbow. Lemme read abeg. No one should disturb me.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 13, 2018
souloho19:

are u sure, check ur mentions cause I took the time to get every moniker that commented in TDWO and you were one of the chief commentator. Anyway welcome bro
admin problem.fire on sir.luvin it already
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ayoshewa12(f): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Thanks for the update sir.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by chii8(f): 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
Na bobby save Olivia today.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
souloho19:

are u sure, check ur mentions cause I took the time to get every moniker that commented in TDWO and you were one of the chief commentator. Anyway welcome bro
So true..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
Ghen ghen... It just got started...
Could there be a rival assassin group deadlier than the Shadows who wanted Me Kehinde out of the way?? If so, why would they set up Olivia Obasi..
Could it be that she's really the one or another Olivia is out there who has “boobs bigger than the sun”...
Well,hopefully in the course of this eventful and suspense filled journey, Souloho will supply the answers to my questions..
Bravo Souloho..
Am enjoying myself..
Hope the light issues in your area has been resolved??

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Yemike(m): 12:19am On Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for the update.
It's so much needed after what mourinho and man.utd didgrin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bigbauer(m): 6:34am On Mar 14, 2018
souloho19:
Chapter 3

She glanced at me "why would anyone want to set her up?"
I would have to be a psychic to have been able to answer her question so I just stared at her.

"We need to see the tape" I said finally.

Ghen Ghen...

Why do I have the feeling that the tape won't be found

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by SPDAZZY(f): 9:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Oga souloho19 has started again. Let me follow jare

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
waow..when I saw dis story on FP dis morning, I was so happy..ride on sir

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Anno81(f): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:

Bravo Souloho..
Am enjoying myself..
Hope the light issues in your area has been resolved??

Yea bro the fault was in my ppa then thanks boss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
°•°•°•°•°•

The hotel manager the one with the 'trust issues' wasn't in his office when we got there.
The clerk tried the door although it was clear it was locked.
"Where can he be?" Dagnet asked
"I don't know honestly....I hardly come up...my own is just to man the desk downstairs."
"Did you notice him pass you heading outside?" Andy asked
"No...I'm not sure...but he could have followed the kitchen at the back"
"Give me his number" Andy asked.
"Aaagh....I left my phone downstairs"
"Oya go and get it...always be security conscious somebody can just steal it now"

Andy watched him leave then turned to me "what are you thinking?"
I shook my head. "I don't even know...I'm not really surprised the shadow is dead...or to be frank I don't really care, he definitely had a lot of enemies but-"
"And you were one" Dagnet chipped in
"But...why use Olivia's name as an alias...to frame her or what...why?"
"Looks like the killer wanted to kill two birds with a stone" Andy said
"But why....what kind of message is the killer trying to get across" I had purposely not referred to the killer as 'she'
The killer had to be a professional...the execution of every thing..from the wall drill to the actual execution it all had the finesse and mature touch of a pro.
Which was fitting, I guessed only an assassin could kill a shadow. But I had killed two...or three....if I included the crazy Tosin. Tonye had shot three that night and the widows had mauled one to death. Not to talk of the car that had tumbled off the 3rd mainland bridge. Three shadows plus the old woman who further investigation had revealed was indeed chief Amunike's mother had been fished out the next day, or at least what the fish couldn't finish. That brought the total dead shadows to ten. I knew for a fact that the only one we had managed to capture had been killed the night he arrived at the prison.

The last was now dead. Their leader.

I suddenly remembered the tattoo and bookmarked my brain to ask Andy about the deceased's back and if it bore the four words that was their identification.
Dagnet's phone gave two shot shrieks and interrupted my thoughts.

"What is it?" She snapped into the receiver. She frowned clearly not liking what she was hearing.
"Where is he...hold up don't harm him...just hold him I'm coming" she hooked her phone back on her belt and I saw her gun for the first time. It was huge.
"What's happening" Andy asked immediately
"Its one of the guests on the murder floor about three rooms before the crime scene, he wanted to get back into his room but the uniform didn't let him and they had an err...disagreement" she headed for the stairs. The managers office was on the 5th and last floor of the hotel.
"Of course if I pay for a room I'd like to be able to enter anytime I want" Andy muttered and was about to follow her but I held him back.
He looked at me surprised.

"I have a feeling time is of the essence...we need to see that clip" I said.
"But the manager..." His voice trailed off as he understood my intent.
He brought out his wallet and without a word gave me his debit MasterCard.
I faced the door and tried to jimmy the lock and when it seemed like it wasn't working, my shoulder did the rest.

I stumbled into the room with Andy behind me and shut the door. It didn't shut because the lock had been damaged so I signalled Andy and he dragged the chair that was facing the window. I could tell the view was magnificent from the window and must have been the manager's favourite spot.
The chair held the door in place and I hoped from far one would think it was locked. Honestly I didn't really care.
I could see the office also served as living quarters for the man. The wall had been removed and two rooms had been converted to his office and room.

In the office I saw the screens. They were about ten screens, ten monitor screens. I studied the setup and . guessed they were all connected to a CPU under the table. The cables were a nightmare.

Andy came to stand by my side. We watched the screens with the only sound coming from the frequent beeping of the CPU.

I could see the car park, on two screens from different angles, the entrance of the hotel on another and I had hoped to catch my car from this angle but I didnt even see the tail light. I must have confused the spot.
I saw the reception desk immediately. The camera directly above the entrance pointed at the desk and another one above the desk offered a clear view of the entrance.

"These are the two cameras we need to focus on first..." I pointed at the two screens then glanced at the screen showing the car park again. "Then we'd check if we could luckily see her arrive in a car"
"Splendid...what time did the clerk say she lodged in"
I glanced at the screen. The clerk was at the table again and can you believe it, he was sleeping!
"Is this fool not supposed to be getting his phone?" Andy asked and I shrugged.
I located the keyboard under the cables and searched for a mouse.
"I think he said she checked in by two in the afternoon...so we'd concentrate anytime from noon" I didn't see any mouse and tapped the keyboard watching the screens to notice which of them was the main source. Nothing.

I tried a common shortcut combination, to flip through the open windows or at least bring up the status bar (alt + tab) still nothing. No flicker on any of the screens.

"Are you sure the keyboard is connected?" Andy asked
I pressed caps lock but there was no blinking light. When I traced the plug I knew why. It wasn't connected to the CPU.
"These equipments are stone age...I wonder who is their security head" Andy said in disgust.
"Apparently we're in his office" I replied but warning shots were going off in my head
I was preparing to wade through the mangled cables for an adequate port to insert the keyboard. At least it was USB.
Thankfully my partner beat me to it.
"Hey Oba check this out" Andy had traced the end of a VG cable and he held it up. It also wasn't connected to the Cpu. "It seems nothing is connected to the CPU, the cables just lead under the table but apart from the power cable and..." his voice trailed off as he buried his head further into the ungodly tangle.

I was confused and so was Andy. "That's strange. If its not connected to the CPU then were is the feed coming from?"
His head emerged and there were cobwebs in his hair. "As in this man is just confused, if the plan was to go wireless why gather this ancient..."
"Remember what the clerk said, its like something happened so he had to transfer the surveillance here maybe he changed somethings"
"And left those cameras that look like telescope downstairs?" Andy asked "And left all these rubbish....this man should have left this kind of work for professionals. Plus our 40% discount he didn't even reach out"

I had sniffed the scent so many times in the last two years that I knew it at a whiff and I caught it now. "Something smells fishy bro"
Andy wrinkled his nose and ran his tongue over his teeth. "I had sardines with my toast this morning"
"No...I smell a rat" but then I caught the mischievous glint in his eyes and I smiled.

We heard a voice from outside.

"I'm around let me call you back"

"That must be the manager" Andy said
I looked at the screen. The clerk was still asleep, his feet on the desk. The manager hadn't passed by meaning he must have been somewhere in the hotel. To be fair the hotel must have been deserted. There wasn't even a single soul in the lobby that is apart from the sleeping clerk. Even the patrolling cops I had met on my way in must have climbed up to attend to whatever ruckus Dagnet had been called for.

"Well he's the only one who can show us the clips.." I said leaning on the table and folding my hands.
Andy smiled. "I'm gonna enjoy this"

9 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rchilee: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ghen ghen

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by itsandi(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
I have come ooo..
I greet everybody...
Oga Souloho...weldone oo

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by tenderblaze(f): 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2018
Oga Souloho, wat a great job, keep it up. Thanks for the mention. looking forward to more updates

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
I hope they'll find the clips and then face the herculean task of hunting down the murderer..
Bravo to Souloho..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
souloho19:

Yea bro the fault was in my ppa then thanks boss
Am glad it's been resloved...Your welcome..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello all,
is Sterling Bank a good purchase at the moment?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HORLADSTAR(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
shockedshockedshocked/The recent updates gat me like WOW!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 6:07am On Mar 16, 2018
dimssy:
I have come ooo..
I greet everybody...
Oga Souloho...weldone oo

Welcome bro
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 6:08am On Mar 16, 2018
tenderblaze:
Oga Souloho, wat a great job, keep it up. Thanks for the mention. looking forward to more updates

You're very much welcome ma'am smiley
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 6:08am On Mar 16, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
I hope they'll find the clips and then face the herculean task of hunting down the murderer..
Bravo to Souloho..

Lol, I agree its a real herculean task indeed

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 6:09am On Mar 16, 2018
HORLADSTAR:
shockedshockedshocked/The recent updates gat me like WOW!

hehehe, here's another then,,, thanks bro
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 6:26am On Mar 16, 2018
°•°•°•

It was comical really, it felt like we were acting a comedy skit. The manager touched the door gingerly and slow and the creaky way it opened conveyed his shock and disbelief.

He saw Andy first and his mouth opened in surprise.
"Who...what....how?"

"That has been the question of the day believe me" I spoke up and he whirled in fright at the sound of my voice. He hadn't seen me before, all his attention had been on Andy.

"Who the hell are you!" He sounded pissed now. Pissed and surprised. "How did you get in here, What are you doing here?"

"We're investigating a murder, we need to see the-"

As Andy replied him I considered the three questions he had just asked. Those same questions had been plaguing me, but in my case Who was this assassin impersonating my wife? How did someone drill a hole in the wall and shoot the deadliest of all the shadows in the head and also, What the hell was going on?

The manager was shaking his head when I refocused. "Are you trying to tell me that you broke into my living quaters to check security footage? And you're supposed to be cops?"

I studied his "living quarters" as he called it. If he was really serious about security to the point that he didn't trust the security anymore, the evidence on the table stated otherwise and as if to agree, the CPU gave a short dying beep. I studied the bed at the other end, it was without a crease but it wouldn't be wise to assume he hadn't slept in because of that alone since it was almost noon but then again the maid obviously hadn't done any other cleaning since she stumbled on the body two floors down.

"I happen to be a lawyer and I know for a fact this is totally an infringement of my rights as a recognized, registered and upstanding individual-" he went on looking at Andy, to me, to the screens then back to Andy.

I could tell he was tensed and I suddenly had a view of what was going on with the man. Or I hoped I did.

"-....golden whatever it is you call yourself one would think given the kind of work you engage in you would know the repercussions for such actions but-"

I stood up and interrupted him. "My friend stop making noise. Are you not aware someone was killed in your hotel?"

"Yes...the clerk on duty just called me, I had to rush in here from a very important meeting just now"
I looked at Andy, He looked at me. We both burst out laughing.
The manager (Mr Silvanus according to a plaque on the wall) went red in the middle of his bald head.
"What's so funny! Oh...you people think this is funny..?you've met your match!"

"Hehehehe...you know you don' fuckd up right" I said with a wicked smile.

"The only thing that is funny is you refused to stop digging yourself in deeper" Andy told him and pointed to the screen where the clerk still sat snoring away. "Your clerk has been sleeping for quite sometime so I think you made a mistake....who called you?"

He fell silent and blinked. He stared at the screen and I saw him wage a war within himself and I was suddenly convinced of my suspicions.

"Oh....the eloquent orator is quiet?" I said a bit too loudly when he fell quiet. "You better start talking...how did you find out about the murder?"

"It....I received an anonymous call....just seconds ago"

"Anonymous call!" Andy echoed disbelievingly.

"Yes....it was a private number and...." His eyes brightened as a better lie obviously occurred to him "yes a private number....began asking me all sort of questions I knew it must be a reporter or one of these bloggers."

This man was lying through his teeth and i knew just where to get him. "We need to see the tapes dating the past 24 hours...that's what we're here for" he faltered for a second, just a flash but I noticed it and knew my suspion was spot on. There was no video clip.

And Detective Dagnet entered before either of us could say anything.

She looked at us accusingly. "I thought you guys were behind me"

I waved a hand like it was absurd. "There was no need you surely had it covered."

She glanced round the room and her eyes fell on the screens. "Well, what have we..have you seen the clips?"

The man looked extra worried.
"Actually....I just serviced our system and the storage has been out so the clips don't save for up to-"

"Hehehe...does it look like we're wearing diapers? See the cock and bull story this one is saying. Does this garbage look like something that they serviced recently?" Andy said clapping his hands in exaggerated wonder.

"Kiss the truth mister, the cameras aren't working are they? They're just there for decoration" I added and the manager broke into a sweat.

"Wait...no cameras how?" Dagnet glanced thoughtfully at the desk where the monitors continued displaying different angles of the hotel.

"This is some kind of recorded video, it keeps on looping over and over after sometime." I said confidently.

We studied the screen while the manager danced on the spot.

"Manager are you trying to tell me there is no footage of yesterday's killer because you disconnected the security camera?" Dagnet had all her attention and ice on the manager now I knew the cuffs would come out soon.
"Why did you disconnect it so that we won't have a clip of the killer shey!" Andy shouted

"What....no...it has been like this for almost a year now"

"Who do you work for?" I asked.

"Work for...how, I don't understand...last year some guests were getting robbed and we found out it was an inside job, the security were in on it, that's why no one noticed anything strange. That was what made me take interest in the video footage"

We all looked at the monitors again. This time the clerk was up but upright in his chair, sitting.

"haa...I'm just coming from downstairs and there's a small army of reporters downstairs and at least two cops" Dagnet said and squinted at the screen. Finally convinced that it was indeed a recording, she whipped out her handcuffs

"I'm going to charge you with interfering with an ongoing investigation and also attempting to hide-"

"I'm not hiding anything....I'd tell you what I know" his voice was suddenly high and even as I considered these thoughts he was looking at me differently."Sometime ago, I received a visitor in the dead of the night..and just like you did he broke into my quarters and woke me with his gun." He touched his Adam's Apple gingerly "That was the beginning of my nightmare"

"Who was it?" Andy asked.

"I don't now I haven't seen him facially. He always contacts me, he has different ways"
"What did he want?" I asked him trying to fit the murdered man into the profile.
"He wanted you"
"Sorry?"
"Yes..This was about two years ago, he ordered me to sit up at night and told me you had lodged in with your family in my hotel but had checked out almost immediately. He said you were going to come back and I should contact him"

"Me?" My voice betrayed my shock.
"I didn't even know you so I had to watch my cameras everytime. Not until the news broke out that I felt somewhat free"

I scratched my head. Now this was confusing.

"And you didn't go to the police because..." Dagnet asked.
His eyes fell to the floor and I knew why. The shadow had some kind of hold over him.
"Blackmail" I said "he had something over you, what was it?"
He looked at me and his eyes held panic but he said "nothing of the sort, he just scared the hell out of me. He had details of my family, intimate details and he threatened them harm. He was very convincing"

Andy held up his phone showing him the official picture we had of the last shadow. His official photograph from the Sunrise Steel records.
"Is this the man that visited you?"

He studied the picture "I never saw his face, somehow it was always dark in the night and he woke me from my sleep. Once even in my family house that was full with people"

"Where were you around 12 last night?" I asked him. I had read the report and while the coroner hadn't given a specific time yet, he had specified the range.

"I slept over at a friends place, its not far from here and truly it was his call that had me rushing here" he pointed at the motionless clerk in the screen.

"Is he aware of all these rubbish?"

"No...he doesn't know a thing, he just does his work and receives his daily tips and salary at the end of the month"

"You have to follow me to the station" Dagnet told him
"But I cooperated!" He cried in his whiny voice
"Which is why I'm not cuffing you. Don't give me a reason"
The manager became more submissive. I decided to get Short Sam to dig into his Internet life. If there was something he was hiding then it was as good as found.
"How about the guest that was getting aggressive?" Andy asked Detective Dagnet.

"He's been taken care of. He's a suspect so he's at the station for questioning. Same with the girl who found the hole"
"You mean the body?" I asked
"Yes the body" she replied tight lipped.

I said "we'd like to interview them"
"Its no problem, you know where the station is. She marched to the door with her hand on the manager's shoulder then stopped. " one more thing, don't get in my way"
With that she stormed out of the room with the manager requesting she not touch his shoulder and announcing his lawyer was on his way. Seems he wasn't his own lawyer anymore but that wasn't my business.

"Tough lady" Andy remarked
I agreed "she's a good cop" I looked round the room "we should tear this place apart, we may find something"

Andy smiled "you know that's what I love to hear"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2018
I don't trust the clerk. Sleeping when he suppose to get his phone and been the one to cook the story of a big chests lady means he know something. Kudos Oga Souloho19, but this updates were too short o, berry berry short to belly full person o.

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Oroolorun:
I don't trust the clerk. Sleeping when he suppose to get his phone and been the one to cook the story of a big chests lady means he know something. Kudos Oga Souloho19, but this updates were too short o, berry berry short to belly full person o.
Didn't u read the story?
The video clip was pre-recorded, not a live feed.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Its souloho again?

abeg someone pass me the agbara
thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hunhun
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Yemike(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2018
Just in case you don't know....It's about to go down...
Thanks Mr soul for this wonderful update.
It's like the shadows are coming back stronger but what do I knowgrin
It's like I'm feeling the suspense already.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Sexyolori(f): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
@ Souloho19 Boo, dunno how i missed ur mention.just stumbled on the story y.day & i've taken my place in d front seat. ride on man!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.