Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (54319 Views)

Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support / Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Consula: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
WHich Parish Cos this is a first.

sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.
Some catholic churches but not all.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by malikisunday(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
I am a member of Anglican church, traveled to a place where i decided to worship with an Anglican church, when the holy communion was going on i decided to go and receive holy communion on getting there, I was asked to go back because i didn't put on white shirt or a card to show.

pls, my follow Aglicans is it right?
It should be because of card
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Dunni007(f): 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
I am an Anglican and can tell you that the rule is applicable in that church alone not in all the Anglican Communion. I worship with lekki branch here in Lagos and the first day I went there I took communion.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by ImaIma1(f): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Just put it on twitter and tag Freeze, he will have an answer for you. He cannot resist topics like this.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Officialshobo(m): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

No matter where you are, have that card handy.
A person who dies holding that card is guaranteed of a sure visa to heaven.
hmmmm God recognize only those that hold the card...God is waiting for you
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by GurlyGift: 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
Osinachi1:
You want us to judge your church??

What kind of children people dey born these days??

I no dey go church but if something like this happen to me, Internet is the last place I'd bring it to
. God bless u bro
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by THEKING9C(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.
That card is not only a proof that you are qualified to receive the Holy communion but also a proof that your name is in the book of life.

Where can u find that in the bible pls? As far as i know, no card can be as a gate pass to heaven but only by accepting the Lord Jesus as ur Lord and personal saviour will guaranteed u to make heaven. Happy sunday to everybody!!
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by olawamide042(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.
I fit come your house?
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by annnikky(f): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
Osinachi1:
You want us to judge your church??

What kind of children people dey born these days??

I no dey go church but if something like this happen to me, Internet is the last place I'd bring it to
He want to create a thread that's y undecided
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Sirkelvin: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
pp802:

They give cards before the beginning of the service. Now as the service is going on, those cards giving out are counted by checking the remaining cards left. The number of cards giving out is used to count the number of holy communion that would be brought out to the alter.

If them give you holy communion without card, you don short one person wey get card be that.

You spoke my mind bro. My mum used to tell me that anytime I miss "Words of the general confession" that I should forgo Holy communion that day.

I strongly believe that in some Churches, if you put on white, they can easily spot & count you in for Holy communion. Likewise if you pick up their card, it indicates your interest and also shows you came early to church. Mind you the cards are usually withdrawn when service begins.

Meanwhile, it is not all Anglican Communion Churches that still operate this way.

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by dosage150(m): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
paulbets:
I am not Anglican. However, I think the card means the communion has been counted. I may be wrong though... But do not let it get to you
very correct
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Tomoyayi(m): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

This is a joke right. A card guarantees heaven.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by daviesblaze(m): 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

JeSu!! How ignorant people have become
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Tomoyayi(m): 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
If they no give you,come i get something for you.

I dey my house.

I dey come
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Catholic church will not give you unless you have a communion card, but outside Nigeria Europe for example, holy communion is like pure water, wherever mass is celebrated, anyone can join the line and have it, only we Africans turn things on our heads.

EDIT.
which Catholic church ever asked you for card before giving you communion? This is a fat lie. Maybe you went to an Anglican Church and mistook it for Catholic because they seem to copy the Catholic Church except that their priests get married.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by McOsheBaba(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Goan buy Pure Heaven wine and 100 Naira Agege bread. Pray on it and eat it. WHy are you bothering yourself over nothing?

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by tooladapo: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
maybe dem think say u resemble judas is a carrot. before u kart your akoba adaba com. lol
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by tooladapo: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
raise your hand if u want free lunch from freetown. I thought as much
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by nonye6194: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
sunnysunny69:

EDIT.

This is so false. all my life as a Catholic, I've never been asked for a card to receive the holy Eucharist.

Moreover the Op was talking about Anglican not Catholic, enjoy your week
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by he2nuh(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
Dunni007:
I am an Anglican and can tell you that the rule is applicable in that church alone not in all the Anglican Communion. I worship with lekki branch here in Lagos and the first day I went there I took communion.

you are very correct jawe
i am an Anglican to the core nd i can bet it that i am hearing of such for the first time nd am very sure its just d branch you attended
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Eagba(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Young03:
go winners go collect am free
winners? That scam centre
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
chloride6:

Can't they break those wafers in two?
they do break the host in two but there is a limit to how much you can break the host.

you can't break the host into more than 4 pieces...
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Ubenedictus(m): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
ayusco85:

funny how no one knows the Anglican doctrines for taking holy communion. you have to be confirmed by the bishop after attend cathekism class (pardon the spelling) for between 3-6 months. the card is proof that you are confirmed. there are several conditions for taking holy communion in the Anglican communion
I am not sure you know the Anglican communion doctrine on this matter, what u related above in the Church of Nigeria practice.

Anglican communion practices open communion that allow everyone to receive communion.

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by cjfbn: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Another goat spotted.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
BluntBoy:

I don't suppose they would want to. Our people are very superstitious. They may liken the breaking of the wafer to the breaking of Christ. cheesy
Catholics break the host every time, in fact at every mass the host eaten on the altar is always broken, the Bible says he took bread and broke it and said.....

Catholics aren't superstitious, but in a church where 20 people were not prepared for communion, the priest distributing won't know until it is too late and he has just 5 communion remaining.... that can cause trouble for him.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Moborlarh(f): 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

Cant Stop laughing grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

You are a clown

1 Like

Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by bqoND(m): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

loool stupid...
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by sweetjohn(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
OP you are now happy that unbelievers and satanists are mocking the church of Jesus Christ abi. What ve you gain coming online to post this? Now I see why you are not allowed to partake in the sharing of the lord body because you find joy in seeing that his body (church) being mocked.. I won't be surprised if you are one of those satanists that Freeze has initiated into his cult.
#freeyourself
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by hydrogen200(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes it is.

this is the dumbest thing have heard since like forever.. so u were there when the names in heaven were written..
grow up..
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by WarriFirstBorn(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
superior1:

Card to show what?
Mr man, are you new in Nairaland? Incase you are new, Let me indulge you. That's the one and only NwaAmaikpe of Nairaland. The Commander-in-chief of savage comments. Take him serious at your own peril.
Re: I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card by Taiwo20(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
I am a member of Anglican church, traveled to a place where i decided to worship with an Anglican church, when the holy communion was going on i decided to go and receive holy communion on getting there, I was asked to go back because i didn't put on white shirt or a card to show.

pls, my follow Aglicans is it right?

Go to canaanland or any Christian store get a bottle of wine and so waffle. Bless it and start enjoying your Communion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / How Sex Can Be A Sweet Trap Of Death / Prophetess Princess Revelations About Apostle Suleman & Stephanie Otobo's Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.