Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Am I A Coward? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am I A Coward? (993 Views)

Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu / Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
WHO IS A COWARD? A Coward is a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

I think im a coward. I just checked out of Nigeria. I should have led this revolution that is coming..Or probably be at the front. I was afraid for my life. Nigeria wanted to kill me with darkness, stress and hardship.

Nothing worked in Nigeria. Healthcare is zero. Electricity is zero. Roads zero. Education zero. Security's zero. Water zero.

Nigeria was a dehumanizing experience. I was constantly in a survival mode. We would contribute money and buy transformer in the area, yet, we won't still have light..

Nigerians are so loud, yet so docile. I've checked out men. Nigerians have resigned to a future of mediocrity. Hustlers everywhere..Truth is, no hope in sight.
Even your fellow brother in the hustle would want to 'disarm' you. No sense of justice. No love here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by BankeSmalls(f): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu ran back, came face to face with the monster, looked the monster eyeball to eyeball and stared him down with TRUTH.

I think he might be the last of the braves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gani was no coward, Fela was no coward, they spoke truth to power...and died while highlighting th grave injustices being done against innocent Nigerians.
Our heroes died, yet our oppressors remained. Cowards now rant safely from where ever we are....expecting a miracle, expecting a hero.

There is only one way out for Nigerians....Not reelction, not restructuring but revolution.

We don't have heroes here..we are all cowards. We don't have Mandelas in our prisons. We only have greedy people everywhere..

I'd miss Nigeria..A place I was born but may never live in again. The cabals have won. Our oppressors have won. I'm just a bloody coward ranting away in safety.

10 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
I guess... we’re all running overseas, who will fix this shiithole?

4 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by buhariguy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
WHO IS A COWARD? A Coward is a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

I think im a coward. I just checked out of Nigeria. I should have led this revolution that is coming..Or probably be at the front. I was afraid for my life. Nigeria wanted to kill me with darkness, stress and hardship.

Nothing worked in Nigeria. Healthcare is zero. Electricity is zero. Roads zero. Education zero. Security's zero. Water zero.

Nigeria was a dehumanizing experience. I was constantly in a survival mode. We would contribute money and buy transformer in the area, yet, we won't still have light..

Nigerians are so loud, yet so docile. I've checked out men. Nigerians have resigned to a future of mediocrity. Hustlers everywhere..Truth is, no hope in sight.
Even your fellow brother in the hustle would want to 'disarm' you. No sense of justice. No love here.
i thank God Almighty for your life, but I hope you did not check out to Niger or chad.
Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
A place where human life mean nothing is not a place with great future...How long before herdsmen come knocking on your door?
Our girls are in captivity as I type..
A land blessed with oil is experiencing a strange fuel scarcity for so long..
Our people are on strike.
Hunger in Nigeria.

Nigeria that is a rich and blessed nation was out to kill me. Struggle and hustle..

Nigeria have talented and great men, but most of them are on exile. Nigeria kills..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
Thoniameek:
I guess... we’re all running overseas, who will fix this shiithole?

I wish I know...

I can't allow my children experience this Nigeria. God forbid. Like my friend aptly puts it 'being a Nigerian is a dehumanizing experience'...
Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

I wish I know...

I can't allow my children experience this Nigeria. God forbid. Like my friend aptly puts it 'being a Nigerian is a dehumanizing experience'...

Mmhm...

We still have it better than some countries

We the masses are the reason the country is in this present condition, we allowed all the vices keeping us down now to flourish...

To come out of this present condition is not going to come easy or soon because a lot of us are ignorant (politically) and myopic. Let’s start by politically educating the masses and move on from there...

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Coward? by Daewang: 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
That's not cowardice that's smartness. Every right thinking person would want to check out of the zoo as even the UN aid workers are currently doing. I have hope however that very soon not only me but my entire Igbo race will check out of the zoo(BIAFRA).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
In the immortal words of Chinua Achebe "It is praise worthy to be brave and fearless, but sometimes it is better to be a coward, we often stand in the compound of a coward to point at the ruins where a brave man used to live".

I refused to be killed by Nigeria. I refused to become a statistic that people would quote to remind everyone that Nigeria is a failed country.

Maybe I'm a coward for abandoning my country, my fatherland...But sadly, I'm never coming back..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I A Coward? by Daewang: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
In the immortal words of Chinua Achebe "It is praise worthy to be brave and fearless, but sometimes it is better to be a coward, we often stand in the compound of a coward to point at the ruins where a brave man used to live".

I refused to be killed by Nigeria. I refused to become a statistic that people would quote to remind everyone that Nigeria is a failed country.

Maybe I'm a coward for abandoning my country, my fatherland...But sadly, I'm never coming back..

Wise choice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I A Coward? by ConAir(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Am happy for you, but i do believe that Nigeria will be better and great again all the best.
#GOD bless NIGERIA
Re: Am I A Coward? by MonPro: 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
buhariguy:
i thank God Almighty for your life, but I hope you did not check out to Niger or chad.

What would be doing in those your muslim villages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by gidgiddy: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Nnamdi Kanu ran back, came face to face with the monster, looked the monster eyeball to eyeball and stared him down with TRUTH.

True

Kanu could have easily stayed back in London, continued with his Radio broadcasts and not come back to Nigeria to face arrest, jail time, court and operation Python dance.

But as a man of conviction, he fearlessly returned.

Unlike that coward called Adeyinka Grandson who only knows how to make videos in his London home and talk nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by obiZEAL(m): 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Brother please I beg you, don't annoy me.

Do you know the amount of bravery it takes to undergo the Libya trip just to leave this shithole? And you so fortunate to 'escape' you are still looking back. I don't have any single faith in this failure we call a country...if I ever get a chance to live this place and I look back let my ancestors strike me mad!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by chinoxstock: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
I want to be a coward sef..
Re: Am I A Coward? by beejaay: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
ConAir:
Am happy for you, but i do believe that Nigeria will be better and great again all the best.
#GOD bless NIGERIA
Nigeria has never been great,it has been bloodshed from the beginning,hunger and oppression have been the history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by 4kDdullard: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
Bro, you made the best and the wisest decision.The shithole has gone to the dogs and can never be great again.
If you think that this shithole will ever be great again you will come to terms with realities in the other side, until then enjoy your dream.
Divide this contraption and let everybody retire to his tent, anything short of this is as useless as the thing in charge of the shithole now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: Am I A Coward? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
no
you just lazy
thin line between cowardice and foolhardiness
Hofbrauhaus:

Re: Am I A Coward? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Gani was no coward, Fela was no coward, they spoke truth to power...and died while highlighting th grave injustices being done against innocent Nigerians.
Our heroes died, yet our oppressors remained. Cowards now rant safely from where ever we are....expecting a miracle, expecting a hero.

There is only one way out for Nigerians....Not reelction, not restructuring but revolution.
like egypt and syria revolution abi

We don't have heroes here..we are all cowards. We don't have Mandelas in our prisons. We only have greedy people everywhere..

I'd miss Nigeria..A place I was born but may never live in again. The cabals have won. Our oppressors have won. I'm just a bloody coward ranting away in safety.
a brave man is not the same as a fool.
you didn't have what it took
and you accepted instead of nacking your head on solid wall(common sense)
Re: Am I A Coward? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
like egypt and syria revolution abi a brave man is not the same as a fool.
you didn't have what it took
and you accepted instead of nacking your head on solid wall(common sense)

Are you hailing me or mocking me? Its hard to tell...
Re: Am I A Coward? by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

just making a point
even me i'm an economic refugee but i'm going to take a shot at fighting back from obodo oyinbo
Re: Am I A Coward? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
The day I leave Nigeria, and enter canada,that will be the happiest day of my life.

I'm going to bath for 5 hours,bathing Nigeria away from my body.

I hate this country called Nigeria, today nah "off" for here,NEPA no go give us light,even for "on" days NEPA no dey bring light,yet we dey pay more than #6,000 every month.

as a citizen of Nigeria there is nothing I'm enjoying being a citizen of this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Coward? by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

just making a point
even me i'm an economic refugee but i'm going to take a shot at fighting back with obodo oyinbo as my safety parachute airbag ./
Re: Am I A Coward? by manmustwac(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
We are all cowards
Re: Am I A Coward? by Throwback: 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
I cannot blame you.

If being outside ensures you never have to slave for another man who has ensured all his children and assets are in a foreign country, and only comes to Nigeria to rape it mercilessly for the benefit of his family who are citizens of a sane society abroad, then you have only asserted your right to freedom.

However, Nigerians destroyed Nigeria.

Any sane society receiving Nigerian refugees should ensure they do not become a cancer to that thriving host society.
Re: Am I A Coward? by orisa37: 2:47am On Mar 23, 2018
Even The Senate is intimidated by some 46 scrappy so called Northern Senators. B O K O H A R A M.
Re: Am I A Coward? by izombie(m): 7:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Op you are too late. I left nigeria since 2005. I was in my 2nd year at unizik then but i was always looking for a way out of naija. When God opened that way i grabbed it with both hands and legs. I brought my younger brother 2 years ago to stay with me. My mom visits whenever she wants. She has refused to stay permanently with me because according to her, who will look after our home in the village? Nigeria is very good when you visit. I was home during this past xmas and i will be home this coming tuesday but i always feel pity for nigerians living in nigeria. My advise to nigerians, don't live in naija all your life and die in naija without experiencing life outside the country. There is a whole new better world out there where you can drive for 1000km without potholes. Where electricity is constant, where there is no fuel scarcity,where your hardwork actually pays, etc. Oh did i mention i'll be graduating from a foreign university in two years?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Coward? by kingzizzy: 7:32am On Mar 23, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You have to give Kanu credit for that. While others were planning to flee Nigeria, he made his way back to face prison, court case and operation python when he could have easily stayed back in London enjoying his life with his family.

Not many people will willing leave comfort for suffering

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha And Family Looting Exposed. / Mama Taraba Drums Support For Buhari At UN / Nigeria Is One Of Most Dangerous Places To Give Birth – Bill Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.