Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? (31276 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Lukgaf(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2018
I think it is high time I ask this question from Nairalanders; Every profession has Disengagement process. Please is disengagement granted for Soldiers too?

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by aminu790(m): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
I dont know, but there is unofficial way to do it

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by ojun50(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2018
Yeeesssss

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by slenderdude: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Yes, I did......

32 Likes

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by olasaad(f): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
I think they can't that's why they always ran away

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by ItalianProf(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
olasaad:
On the contrary,they can.My dad joined the Army in the early 90's and resigned 2007.After more than 10 years of service.
The reason why most soldiers hardly resign is because if they haven't served for atleast ten years in the army,any resignation won't require a retirement pension salary to be paid to that soldier.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Caustics: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
olasaad:
grin not true. do you know any soldier that ran away?

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by lyricalz: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
once a soldier, forever a soldier. No room to run away till you have served the stipulated number of years.

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by olasaad(f): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
ItalianProf:

On the contrary,they can.My dad joined the Army in the early 90's and resigned 2007.After more than 10 years of service.
The reason why most soldiers hardly resign is because if they haven't served for atleast ten years in the army,any resignation won't require a retirement pension salary to be paid to that soldier.

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
Get a copy of the HTACOS of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
You CAN'T
leave the Military be it Army, Navy or Air Force within the first 10 years of your recruitment.

Get your facts right. Know what you are going into! cool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by ayodeyjie(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2018
to be moved to FP
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Get a copy of the HTACOS of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
You CAN'T
leave the Military be it Army, Navy or Air Force within the first 10 years of your recruitment.

Get your facts right. Know what you are going into! cool

I don't think there's anywhere it's stated in the TACOS that one cannot leave within 10 years. One can retire voluntarily at any stage of his/her career, but will not be entitled to pension and gratuity if he/she serves less than 10 years. That's the provision of the current TACOS.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by falcon01: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
i did after 3 yrs

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
falcon01:
i did after 3 yrs

Bros pls why ?
Give me the gist pls kiss
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by falcon01: 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bros pls why ? Give me the gist pls kiss
classified

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
falcon01:
classified

Lol grin
U bad bro..

Abeg gist me na embarassed

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by nkwachiabel(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
falcon01:
i did after 3 yrs

NMS wah
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
hahahaha...I know this question is arising as a result of the boko haram fights. ...it is really a sudden facts that our soldiers have been reduce to ordinary by these boko boys...well i know you must serve for some number of years before you can resign to avoid deserters in the army....

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by leonard002(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
Only a chicken does that. Why did you get in in the first place?

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Lukgaf(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
lalasticlala what is your say?

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Jibeh1: 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
[s][/s]let me take a sit at the back
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Boyooosa(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Of course... For good reason tho, its better your resignation is done in good fate.
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by oyetunder(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
lipsrsealed make I no lie...I dont know

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
YES, HE CAN!
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by ipobarecriminals: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
:- u dey fear sambisa forest/ u dnt knw how to dance like pythons
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Victorakats:
Impossible
IT'S POSSIBLE. IT'S ALLOWED!
Victorakats:
Impossible
IT'S POSSIBLE. IT'S ALLOWED!
Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Topmaike007(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Op resign let them kill you.. you don't know that our military be like say you join cult..

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by voicelez: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
The shame of being called a bloody civilian or coward makes it hard for most of them to resign but you can actually resign if you want to, my dad is a major in the army

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by xreal: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
After 10 years(minimum) in service.

Re: Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? by Topmaike007(m): 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
oyetunder:
lipsrsealed make I no lie...I dont know
funny yougrin

Pictures Of How I Stylishly Resumed Work Yesterday (pics) / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read / Physically Challenged Man Is A Street Sweeper In Akwa Ibom (Photos)