Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (22793 Views)

Please Kindly Adopt My Daughter / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!! / Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by anitank(f): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2018
Good Morning people. Please experts in the house I need an urgent reply.

I got married recently but had a son already. My husband wants to adopt my son legally so that he can file his papers for easier and faster migration into the US. My son will be 10 this August.

Searched everywhere on google on the adoption process but didn’t find suitable information. Please how do I go about this??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by manuel4real(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2018
OK...
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by anitank(f): 9:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Dear Mods please help me get more views for this. I need urgent replies. Thanks
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 06, 2018
ok
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by krissconnect(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2018
Now listen to me and listen attentively, I'm a legal practitioner and I'm gonna tell u the truth...

I don't even know

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by basingstoke: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2018
I think you just need to walk into a law firm?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by sexymoma(f): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2018
Visit any magistrate court in Nigeria, ask questions from them .. they'll direct you
Or visit any Secretariat in Nigeria, ask questions... They will direct you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by anitank(f): 1:53am On Mar 07, 2018
sexymoma:
Visit any magistrate court in Nigeria, ask questions from them .. they'll direct you
Or visit any Secretariat in Nigeria, ask questions... They will direct you.

I’m not in the country at the moment, so I can’t do that

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by sexymoma(f): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2018
anitank:

I’m not in the country at the moment, so I can’t do that
Good luck Ngbayen o.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by ChiefSweetus: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
smiley congrats on your recent marriage

The best way to go about this is to google the closest orphanage to you and visit with gifts. When the proprietress or administrator comes to receive you, start a conversation about adoption process and let her guide you through what's involved. She may also have contacts in the courts who will fast track it on your behalf.

Please buy chocolate for us when you join your husband in AMERICA. God don bless you with nice guy wey go carry you comot this shithole, still adopt your near-teenage son join. Lovely and a good encouragement to other single mothers to keep being amazing and never losing hope if matrimony is what they desire. Bless!

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Jibeh1: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
:-Xthis one is technically technical

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by otswag(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
sexymoma:
Good luck Ngbayen o.
grin
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by iyaaliyah: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
Poster, contact me.. if you are in Lagos. Meanwhile, where is the father of your son?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
Everything shouldn't be on the internet. No matter the country you are, check legal practitioners around. Ask questions there. If na USA, it's easy! You don't need to come here and tell us you are abroad and getting married.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Follygunners: 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
This OP is very annoying. I can still give you my honest advice...trust me, I know... I know... I know what the fvck I'm saying... from experience.

Just so you're aware, your best option is to first get ur papers and then file for your son afterwards. It's way easier, less-complicated and straight forward. Otherwise, OP is a total slowpoke!

2 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by tasceige(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
sexymoma:
Good luck Ngbayen o.

Haba!! Yah mean oh shocked

Am here to learn though!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Ayodejioak(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
How do mean you searched everywhere?

Its boldly written every where on the USCIS website

I assisted a relative the same way.

Here: https://www.uscis.gov/adoption/immigration-through-adoption

7 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by ekensi01: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
grin grin

Before I talk let me congratulate your husband for accepting a broken seal.

After all the warning 'Do not accept if seal is broken'.

Coming to edit

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
krissconnect:
Now listen to me and listen attentively, I'm a legal practitioner and I'm gonna tell u the truth...

I don't even know

You Have Brain..Use it...#itsfree

3 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by tete7000(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
If you people are legally married, and you are not into bigamy, will the adoption really be necessary? Will your son not automatically become his own if you can prove you have the right to custody of the child (in case his father is still alive)? I am not a lawyer o, just asking questions.

12 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by lekonso: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
You are not serious. You want to adopt a child in Nigeria and you stay put outside the country. Is it from outside the country you will adopt a child? I repeat you are not serious

9 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Sweetcollins: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Court
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Owamudia: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Does your husband also have his own child

How did you get him to marry you

What did he see in you

And now he wants to adopt your child.

Something is fishy... sad

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by bigtt76(f): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Should have posted this in the Travel section ....you will get better advice there than here ooo grin

anitank:
Good Morning people. Please experts in the house I need an urgent reply.

I got married recently but had a son already. My husband wants to adopt my son legally so that he can file his papers for easier and faster migration into the US. My son will be 10 this August.

Searched everywhere on google on the adoption process but didn’t find suitable information. Please how do I go about this??

3 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by EweduAfonja(f): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
so u born for ur papa house abi

Free drink pelzin

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by BlackDBagba: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Go to the court- Magistrate court. Consider getting a lawyer too but be prepared for their fees or go to the courts- the clerks will better direct you and get you a better deal too.

Good luck.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by TheUbermensch: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
I thought since you're legally married your kids become his and vice versa?
.Of what need is the adoption again?.

Or there's something you aren't saying.

2 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by lexy070(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Go to court and swear. Shikena wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / Are Introverts Born Or Made? / Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.