Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos (28001 Views)

VIDEO: Benue Fake Facebook Millionaire Turns 'agbero', Attempts To Hijack Moving / Here You Can Get The Best Service Of Garage Door Repair In Pacoima / 3 Facts About Workplace Productivity You Must Know: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by marvin906(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2018
Paruz1015:
tony kabaka

my guy.. grin grin
you remember the dude that guy money na die grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Honesty007(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2018
I cant stop laughing where i am!
What Gov Ambode suppose to do is to incorporate these guys into anticrime jobs because its the basic fact that most of our policemen who are new recruits do not know what evil is,nor the bedrock of criminality.
These guys are the ones that are suppose to teach policemen the mind and heart of criminality and what it is and how to catch a criminal.In the west,u c criminals converted after showing the police what they can do.However,the police are the ones teaching these ones the opposite and how bad they can be.police are the ones experimenting evil.its so sad.To catch a criminal,act a criminal.its what needs to be done.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by passyhansome(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2018
timilehin95:

Lamentations of d son of a No body, the westerners will continue to be ur Nightmare cheesy

Be sincere, but with all temerity and bravado I can tel you the reverse is the case grin grin
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by arabaribiti(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2018
Oya owo Meji fun enikaan, aja 3 gbera aja yellow mbo leyin that's when a faka is coming, omo aye ori e wa mbe baba agba temimole ke koja. Doing conductor is good when we passenger from ikeja to cms na easy job. From jibowu to ikeja na war cos you must stop at each bus stop , from oshodi to iyana ipaja easy from iyana ipaja to roll gate war, from mushin to oshodi war
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by blazeahams(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2018
THEY ARE CHELSEA FANS.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by TOMMYS: 10:44am On Mar 06, 2018
They date the[color=#990000][/color] most beautiful babes in the area. And would beat this slay queens black and blue at the slightest provocation.

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by dadebayo1(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2018
ceononi:
9.They don't steal but when you lose a thing they always know someone that knows someone that will get you back what you lost. grin

You are correct.. I remember when i lost my wallet around a park in ibadan, i was advised to see the park chairman and explain to him what happened.. I eventually had an opportunity to see the chairman two days after (sincerly speaking they have an organized structure and protocols are truly observed grin ) the chairman was very nice and i can remember him offering me refreshment while i told him what had happened to me.. grin ( I had no appetite for drinks so i politely thanked him but he insisted i should take it home) grin he collected my phone number and promised he would call me but i should call him the following day to remind him... True to his words i got my wallet back some days after with all cash gone but my ATM and id card was intact and returned. .. He said they eventually found it on the floor grin

6 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ceononi: 10:46am On Mar 06, 2018
ibez007:
and u say? Show me ur friend...
I didn't insinuate that those they know are friends but that they benefit from the fact that they always have first hand info about whats happening in the area.
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by arabaribiti(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2018
Growing up then in BARIGA we have guys like akeem eyin the boss, idi igo, this number one barber in BARIGA who fight with scissors and kalamu if you know this guy's in BARIGA you Don old but if na Elede you know you be small boy
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2018
Mynd44:
Garage boys not area boys

Area boys are mostly street urchins and are mostly unemployed.

Garage boys (agberos) are either in the employment of the NURTW or the RTEAN which is why amist the seeming madness, there is a semblance of order.

They also get suspended, fired and punished by their bosses

Agbero cognoscente.

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Olifiz(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2018
See all the people on this agbero thread. Na wa o. Awon ti 50 “fiba”.

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Perfecttouch(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

If you don’t know what an Agbero is, just take a bus to Oshodi or Mushin bus stop. Then look out for one black guy with red eyes with stitches on his face and a neatly wrapped smoking white paper in between his two fingers.. Ask him who an Agbero is, but don’t tell him I sent you.

In as much as you may not like to see them, you surely  have to respect yourself around them. They torment the bus drivers, Okada riders and traders to the extent that they even torment themselves.

Out of curiosity, I made some enquiries about area boys and some of the findings are highlighted below.

1. Some earn more than bank workers:

Some executive Agberos earn as much as  some bank executives. Also, some of the lower level agberos earn more than some contract staff of banks. However, they don’t have much to show for it as they typically spend most of  their earnings  on “Orisirisi” meat, women and other mundane interest. At Bukas and restaurants, a typical order by them  is “Madam, give me N50 Amala and N2,500 meat”.

2. The police is their friend:

If you think the police is your friend, then try report an Agbero to them. The matter may just turn on your head. You know why? Some of the "men in black" are on the payroll of Agberos. They even have specific days and time they go to their parks to collect their usual “Roger”.

3. They run shifts and have off-days:

Surprisingly,  these guys maintain a time-table like factory workers, and they stick to it. They don’t go to work on their off-days.

4. They live far from their place of work:

You would think every Agbero’s house is just a stone throw from the park or bus stops that they operate from. But on the contrary, many of them commute a long way to work. I encountered one who leaves around Ikotun but works in Surulere. The funny thing is, they get to work early. Sometimes as early as 5 AM.

5. They always have injury marks and stitches:

That’s their trademark and they boast about it. It reminds them of their escapades of how many bottles they have bursted.

6. Most of them were Mechanics:

Most of them were mechanics before they changed occupation. I remember a mechanic in my area while growing up. He was lazy and could not cope with the job. He quickly converted to an okada rider and later metamorphosed into a full blown area boy.

7. They have informants:

They are always the first to know anything happening in the area. Your neighbor might even be their snitch. You can’t even sneak a truck of sand into your house without them showing up.

8. Most of them die trying to get rich:

They keep trying but it is obviously more blessed to give than to receive. They are limited to just collect without adding value. To make matters worse, bulk of that money is cursed money and it vaporises into thin air like a candle in the wind. However, a few eventually get rich and even get traditional titles or political appointments.

Let’s hear from you in the comment section and don’t forget to mention what you like or dislike about area boys.

image from thesheet.ng

https://autojosh.com/8-facts-agbero-area-boys-lagos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
op u are on point based on the fact that i grew up in mushin agege motor road ,ladipo juction area specifically
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by timilehin95(m): 10:52am On Mar 06, 2018
passyhansome:

Be sincere, but with all temerity and bravado I can tel you the reverse is the case grin grin
From d way u guys type afonja on every thread, it's obvious dat they are really tormenting u.. The name alone caused u sleepless nights
Really sorry for dat undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by livebynite: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

If you don’t know what an Agbero is, just take a bus to Oshodi or Mushin bus stop. Then look out for one black guy with red eyes with stitches on his face and a neatly wrapped smoking white paper in between his two fingers.. Ask him who an Agbero is, but don’t tell him I sent you.

In as much as you may not like to see them, you surely  have to respect yourself around them. They torment the bus drivers, Okada riders and traders to the extent that they even torment themselves.

Out of curiosity, I made some enquiries about area boys and some of the findings are highlighted below.

1. Some earn more than bank workers:

Some executive Agberos earn as much as  some bank executives. Also, some of the lower level agberos earn more than some contract staff of banks. However, they don’t have much to show for it as they typically spend most of  their earnings  on “Orisirisi” meat, women and other mundane interest. At Bukas and restaurants, a typical order by them  is “Madam, give me N50 Amala and N2,500 meat”.

2. The police is their friend:

If you think the police is your friend, then try report an Agbero to them. The matter may just turn on your head. You know why? Some of the "men in black" are on the payroll of Agberos. They even have specific days and time they go to their parks to collect their usual “Roger”.

3. They run shifts and have off-days:

Surprisingly,  these guys maintain a time-table like factory workers, and they stick to it. They don’t go to work on their off-days.

4. They live far from their place of work:

You would think every Agbero’s house is just a stone throw from the park or bus stops that they operate from. But on the contrary, many of them commute a long way to work. I encountered one who leaves around Ikotun but works in Surulere. The funny thing is, they get to work early. Sometimes as early as 5 AM.

5. They always have injury marks and stitches:

That’s their trademark and they boast about it. It reminds them of their escapades of how many bottles they have bursted.

6. Most of them were Mechanics:

Most of them were mechanics before they changed occupation. I remember a mechanic in my area while growing up. He was lazy and could not cope with the job. He quickly converted to an okada rider and later metamorphosed into a full blown area boy.

7. They have informants:

They are always the first to know anything happening in the area. Your neighbor might even be their snitch. You can’t even sneak a truck of sand into your house without them showing up.

8. Most of them die trying to get rich:

They keep trying but it is obviously more blessed to give than to receive. They are limited to just collect without adding value. To make matters worse, bulk of that money is cursed money and it vaporises into thin air like a candle in the wind. However, a few eventually get rich and even get traditional titles or political appointments.

Let’s hear from you in the comment section and don’t forget to mention what you like or dislike about area boys.

image from thesheet.ng

https://autojosh.com/8-facts-agbero-area-boys-lagos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

They know the price of garri in the markets angry
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by MONITZ: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2018
passyhansome:
9. Yoruba has the highest population of Agbero all over the World.

Meaning what?Or re u forgetting the fact that they re the most learned tribe amongst the tribes that we have in Nigeria simply bxos they were the first set of people who traded with the white's education which rubbed of on them straight up......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Evince(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2018
Not all of them are spendthrift. I hv two in umuahia in abia state. They both have built twin upstairs and hv plenty buses on the road courtesy agbero work at ishi-gate.

They eat well and always are the peace brokers amidst any tumult. But if u provoke them, when they are done beating u, others will beat u and police will arrest u.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Ejyksneh(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2018
They have black lips
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by LarryBeryl(m): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2018
You forgot to mention that Agbero always have the prettiest women as girlfriends/wives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by nkemdi89(f): 11:14am On Mar 06, 2018
Most of my primary and secondary school mates are now agberos looking dark and shrink, another thing is they always respect elderly women .
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by LarryBeryl(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2018
You forgot to mention that Agbero always have the prettiest women as girlfriends/wives.
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by passyhansome(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2018
MONITZ:

Meaning what?Or re u forgetting the fact that they re the most learned tribe amongst the tribes that we have in Nigeria simply bxos they were the first set of people who traded with the white's education which rubbed of on them straight up......

I am just been sincere Sir
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by MONITZ: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2018
passyhansome:

I am just been sincere Sir

I don't think u re ,ageeed that they ve a large population of agberos but even much more a bigger population of learned and well read citizens and this eventually makes the number of agberos in their midst almost negligible.Anyhow everybody is entitled to his /her beliefs bt we ought to ve a midpoint at times where we can agree on certain issues like the one above..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by feek07: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Mynd44:

They always have a secretary (Akowe) who is a graduate to record events, money and make schedules.

yes you are right , i was ones a manager in a transport company i worked with the agberos and discovered that some of them are very respectful and fun to be with, the only problem with them is they are irregular in behavior they may accord you all the respect in the world when you are good to them but disrespect you publicly if you mess up with them even if you are 50 years older than them,

The NURTW chairman today that they hail everyday may turn out to be the same person they will soak cane inside gutter to flog the next day

4 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ADRIAN88(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2018
medolab90:
[/b]9. Lagos has the highest population of agberos in the world [b]

Bros this isn't even up for debate. Lol!

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 06, 2018
They like whistling to call somebody or like saying "ace'.

They just so good at abusing people's parents e.g Omo iyalaya anybody, Ma foju baba eh etc but when they friendly with you, you hear, Omo iya mi.

They make the Yoruba language enjoyable to listen to. I so love Yoruba language.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Mrindependence: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2018
Most of them are Chelsea fans.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2018
What exactly do agberos do?
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Kaysurplus: 11:58am On Mar 06, 2018
[code][/code]

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by gbaskiboy: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
They are known to be abusive and they use all sorts of bad languages to communicate
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ADRIAN88(m): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
nkemdi89:
Most of my primary and secondary school mates are now agberos looking dark and shrink, another thing is they always respect elderly women .

"Most of...", Begs the question, Where the hell were your primary & secondary schools located biko??

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by vikyno(m): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Naijaphobia:
Ops! Please how can I become and Agbero since my Bsc isn't making things happen? Everyday I see the Oluomos, Olorunwas, Hamburgers(RIP) and Saulas(RIP) riding the best of cars, women, boys, power and chieftaincy titles.
It seems job applications there may be a lot easier and since the popular saying 'Police is your Friend' applies to the Agberos alone am loving this job.
And where is Saulah Hambuger today? oga ade, i know say na joke u dey.

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
passyhansome:
9. Yoruba has the highest population of Agbero all over the World.
But igbo has too abi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Skill I Can I Learn In 3 Months While I Wait For NYSC? / My Horrible Experience At A Military Event / Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.