Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? (1210 Views)

How To Can I Create Amazon Aws Account Using Nigerian Cards? / How Do i Create An App Without Coding / with how Much Can I create An Online Retail Website And APP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:49am On Mar 06, 2018
Please i will appreciate if someone will help out here.

I'M about working on a site for a friend who's based abroad. One of the requirement he gave me is that the site should have a Canadian version, meaning that

If one is in Canada browsing the site, the person will be automatically redirected to the Canadian version of the site or shown a pop-up asking him to move over to the Canadian version of the site.

Please how can i implement the above?

Thanks
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by michelKalib(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2018
i'm thinking, if i get any idea, will share with you. also if you success to out here please share with us

1 Like

Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by stack1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
They are so many IP to location services (amongst other methods) out there that you can easily use to determine a visitors country from their IP addr and redirect them as appropriate. Just google IP to Location or GeoIP and study your options
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by RuddyFusion(m): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
stack1:
They are so many IP to location services (amongst other methods) out there that you can easily use to determine a visitors country from their IP addr and redirect them as appropriate. Just google IP to Location or GeoIP and study your options

Thanks bro, i will google that but

1) The site in question is a WordPress site is there a plugin that can do that? when i did google, the results returned were different google API's

2) Secondly the Canada contents will be in a sub-domain that will have similar structure as the original site but with contents tailored for the Canadian audience? which the canadian audience will be redirected to?
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by shineforthmedia: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2018
RuddyFusion:

1) The site in question is a WordPress site is there a plugin that can do that? when i did google, the results returned were different google API's

2) Secondly the Canada contents will be in a sub-domain that will have similar structure as the original site but with contents tailored for the Canadian audience? which the canadian audience will be redirected to?

you have to use wordpress multisite to achieve that.
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by holuphisayor(m): 11:13am On Mar 07, 2018
search for " WordPress localization plugin"
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by stack1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
RuddyFusion:

There's probably a WordPress plugin, I'm not too deeply into wp, for the various country subdomain, why not have your front end rendered as templates such that text that needs to be customized for each sub-domain is loaded from language files/db table, containing the translated words for each country you intend to support
Re: How Can I Create Another Version Of A Website? by webapi: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2018
If you need help on doing that please send a mail to kivaljee@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

React Native Gurus, Please Help Me Out / Codefixbug - Software development company / Dragon, A New Programming Language And Its Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.