Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (39155 Views)

Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by omocalabar(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Too rong to lead,..pls sumalize

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Built2last: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2018
GALLANT
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by yinkus204(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Banjo is a blind man who allow ibo to use and kill him but we the odua children we revenge is death by marginalize them in every aspects Nigeria and kill as much ibo in this country by hard policy

4 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Owamudia: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2018
How can any sane person fight on the side of the pigs from the yeast

Biafra had no prospect of victory.

The invasion of the West overstretched its very limited resources and hastened its demise.

Too bad!

7 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Jaymaestro(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Lord, Look at the richness and natural feel to them. 21st century day people are so flawed.
Thats the Yoruba nature . They arent rigid and stubborn minded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by NairaMaster1(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Lipscomb:
shocked the fake Biafra will ask for head tomorrow.

Will you keep kwayet??

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by damilare442: 9:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Booked
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by millionboi2: 9:46am On Mar 07, 2018
remedick:
It is for people like this why you should at least not castigate the entire yoruba and insulting them...out of respect for this man, his people should not be attacked the way Igbos do on Nairaland.
lol......no b me start d fight oo
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by oneda(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2018
For no reason they t
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by akeentech(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by omobritiko: 9:47am On Mar 07, 2018
Wow but I strongly believe ojukwu would have a strong reason for killing a galant soldier like Banjo also I have a feeling Ojukwu just want to be a president no matter how tiny the region is,he knows he can’t rule Nigeria hence calls for another nation within a nation and he ojukwu and the rest of his lineage re responsible for the death of all biafrans...Sadly he got a state buriel,what a bunch of black brained clowns

5 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by emeejinsm: 9:47am On Mar 07, 2018
This is a man that believes in freedom and forth for it , unlike some of us here crying for people with different ideas different culture and different values for life to be together

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2018
yinkus204:
Banjo is a blind man who allow ibo to use and kill him but we the odau children we revenge is death by marginalize them in every aspects Nigeria
ewu

7 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2018
maasoap:
Backstabbers paid his goodwill back by murdering him. And the same coward that gave the order ran out of the country wearing woman dress when it was time for him to die for what he believed in. No wonder they shamed him by rejecting him at the polls when he contested for the senate. And no wonder everyone abandoned him towards the end of his journey in life. You reap what you sow.
Ojukwu trusted banjo and like a typical afonja,he betrayed him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by cdoffx(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2018
I wouldn't know if there was an attempt to cloud facts because the part of returning to Biafra by Banjo's troop wasn't well documented. On taking over Benin the next is to take Ore( in present Ondo) but were met with fierce resistance because as it would be expected in any war when the Capital city is the ultimate target. Secondly it is said that the Yoruba nation leaders then felt there should have been some consultations before trying to shift a battlefield into the Yorubaland.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by remedick: 9:57am On Mar 07, 2018
millionboi2:
lol......no b me start d fight oo
Yeah, I know. I am just saying my mind biko. There as some people I don't insult for certain reasons. In my earlier years, I used to insult women and even hated them after severe heartbreak but as I grew older, I had to stop and start according them some respect due to the motherly role they play in the society and other.
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by cdieli(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2018
The mango headed tribe of traitors is at it again
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by pejuakinab: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2018
The Banj I know

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by hexy40: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2018
Why did dey stop a successful mission half way? Ifeajuna was igbo and a personal friend of Ojukwu. So I don't think the betrayal / withrawal was based on tribal differences.... anyway I smell E-blood been split on this ground
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by victorazy(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2018
maasoap:
Backstabbers paid his goodwill back by murdering him. And the same coward that gave the order ran out of the country wearing woman dress when it was time for him to die for what he believed in. No wonder they shamed him by rejecting him at the polls when he contested for the senate. And no wonder everyone abandoned him towards the end of his journey in life. You reap what you sow.

I believe your referring to Awolowo "The otapiapia man" grin

8 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 07, 2018
Eeya
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by fubbyy(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2018
maasoap:
you are a mighty fool for thinking we abandoned him, he fought a good fight and we will never forget him for that, he's the reason we know our root which we are fighting for and will definitely conquer

As for your information, he died a legend and was buried a legend, foolish idiot

4 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2018
victorazy:

I believe your referring to Awolowo "The otapiapia man" grin

Obviously he was referring to Odumegwu Ojukwu the cross-dresser

7 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by cdoffx(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2018
millionboi2:
A Yoruba man with an igbo blood ...an icon not all this cowards here.
History as I know has at least two Yoruba men who paid the ultimate price to stand by Ibo men to the last end.
1. Adekunle Fajuyi: the military administrator of western region who would not release his guest Aguyi Ironsi, the head of state to the Northern soldiers carrying out the counter coup except they go down together. They were both killed since he won't hand in over freely.
2. Colonel Banjo you just read about.
Could you please name an Ibo man who had performed the same feat. Shun tribalism please, it takes us nowhere.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by calberian: 10:10am On Mar 07, 2018
Why did they retreat?

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by cdoffx(m): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2018
cdoffx:
I wouldn't know if there was an attempt to cloud facts because the part of returning to Biafra by Banjo's troop wasn't well documented. On taking over Benin the next is to take Ore( in present Ondo) but were met with fierce resistance because as it would be expected in any war when the Capital city is the ultimate target. Secondly it is said that the Yoruba nation leaders then felt there should have been some consultations before trying to shift a battlefield into the Yorubaland.
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Ojukwu trusted banjo and like a typical afonja,he betrayed him
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by toniacan(f): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2018
A detribalized Nigerian who was more concerned about fairness and justice rather than ethnicity. You have etched your name on the sands of time and your deeds will never be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Alariiwo: 10:15am On Mar 07, 2018
I believe Victor Banjo was a victim of circumstance.. Ojukwu used him cos he was in an Eastern prison at that time.

What if he wasn't there? Biafra would have fallen even before the start of the war.

This should teach other Yorubas forming detribalized a lesson.

Aguyi Ironsi after a successful Igbo planned coup detained an innocent Yoruba man Victor Banjo (most likely cos he wasn't in support of their coup) but left others like Nzeogwu, the real killers alone.

The same Yoruba man was used by the Igbos to prosecute a war only to kill him later after Ojukwu felt threatened and probably got jealous of the fearless Yoruba warrior.

Thank God for gallant Yoruba soldiers like Benjamin Adekunle (may your rugged soul rest in perfect peace), Obasanjo and the others that stopped invading biafran soldiers at Ore.
They saved the Yoruba race from slavery to Igbos.

Only bastards from Yorubaland will champion any biafra course again, not with the level of division and hate the Easterners display towards other Nigerians.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by cdoffx(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2018
calberian:
Why did they retreat?
cdoffx:
That's it sir
Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by calberian: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2018
cdoffx:

First sensible comment

1 Like

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by OSUigbo: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2018
jerflakes:

Are you talking about awolowo?

I thought he was a great man

Igbo kwenu!!!!

Kwezuonu!!
Do you have brains at all?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. by Baroba(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2018
yinkus204:
Banjo is a blind man who allow ibo to use and kill him but we the odua children we revenge is death by marginalize them in every aspects Nigeria and kill as much ibo in this country by hard policy

Marginalise indeed, as If you are doing better than them, keep marginalising, na wretchedness go kill you.. Ewu hard policy.. cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogara Delivers Polling Units In Presidential Election / ₦1 Billion To Nnamdi Kanu: Shehu Sani Reacts To Court Judgement / Lai Mohammed Replies Nnamdi Kanu, Speaks On Buhari Being A 'Clone'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.