Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador (33075 Views)

Audu Ogbeh: We Must Make Peace Or We Lose The North / Audu Ogbeh: Killings In The North Now Like Civil War Era / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by deebrownneymar: 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lmao. The govt of honourable executive liars. I never see. Naija I hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by homesteady(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
A special adviser to the Minister didn't give any solid reply when he was contacted, yet, maclatunji, a random nonentity is here fighting vehemently to defend what is indefensible.
Nigeria which way forward?

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by hypnotic(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
my country, my country, kilode

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by malabite3: 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
maclatunji:

You write with your mouth obviously. tongue tongue tongue

Trying to prove smart, yet failing miserably.

An ambassador came out to discountenanced a weighty allegation against him and all you guys do is take it at face value? In other saner climes, Audu Ogbeh would have honorably resigned. Ohhh..... I have forgotten there is no iota of honor left in you guys. Such a shame. I wonder the kinds of values you guys instill in your children.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by itzmooh(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
nwabobo:
Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh’s reported claim is untrue – Thailand Ambassador

Wattana Kunwongse, Thailand’s ambassador to Nigeria, has faulted a claim reportedly made by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, that Thailand accused Nigeria of being responsible for the collapse of its seven rice mills following the drastic fall in rice importation from the country.

The ambassador, in a letter sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday, described the minister’s claim as “misleading and a distortion of the actual discussion that transpired between them”.

A News Agency of Nigeria report published on PREMIUM TIMES on Friday showed that Mr. Ogbeh made the claim, at a meeting of the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) and the leadership of the Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers of Nigeria (FEPSAN) held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to the report, the minister said “just like two weeks ago, the Ambassador of Thailand came to my office and said to me that we have really ‘dealt’ with them.

“But I asked what did we do wrong and he said unemployment in Thailand was one of the lowest in the world, 1.2 per cent, it has gone up to four per cent because seven giant rice mills have shut down because Nigeria’s import has fallen by 95 per cent on rice alone”.

However, the diplomat said Mr. Ogbeh may have lied.

“The report is not only misleading but a distortion of the actual conversation between myself and the honourable Minister of Agriculture at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on 30th January 2018, which was nothing short of positivity and optimism on both sides.

“During which I praised President Buhari’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), the essence of which is the endeavour to move the country to a self-sufficiency and export-oriented economy, and to that worthy cause, Thailand stands ready to work closely with the Nigerian Government in the field of technological transfer and agricultural machineries.

“At the same meeting, the honourable minister and I had reached the conclusion that I as Ambassador 0f Thailand to Nigeria will be working closely with the Ministry of Agriculture and rural development to establish a platform to discuss our mutual benefits in the form of MOU on Agricultural Cooperation and by forming a bilateral Working Committee toward that end.”

He added that the report could not have been farther from the truth as Thailand’s official figures demonstrate that its rice export to the world in 2017 reached 11.48 million tons worth $5.1 billion.

“Thailand’s rice export to the world in 2017 (January-December 2017) reached 11.48 million tons equalising to $5.1 billion (USD), a 15.54 per cent increase compared to previous years, which is one of the highest figures on the history Thailand’s rice exportation. There is no proof of any shutdown of Thailand’s major rice mills,” he said.

Despite the minister’s “misquotation”, the Ambassador said he remains optimistic and looks forward to working together with the Nigerian Government in all fronts in the development of Nigerian agricultural sector.

He noted that based on the warm reception from Mr. Ogbeh when he visited the ministry, he believes the minister is “a great man of integrity who has been working so hard to help Nigeria achieve the goal of self-sustainability in food and agriculture.”

When asked to respond to the ambassador’s rebuttal of Mr. Ogbeh’s statement, the special adviser to the minister on media and publicity, Olukayode Adeleye, said he would have “to crosscheck facts” before responding. He was yet to respond as at the time of this report.

Self-sufficiency in rice production is one of the cardinal objectives of the Muhammadu Buhari administration with different officials calling for a ban on the importation of the product.

In his New Year broadcast in January, President Muhammadu Buhari pledged that his administration will further reduce rice import in 2018. Earlier in August, a director at the agriculture ministry, Muhammad Adamu, announced that Nigeria’s rice production reached 15 million metric tonnes annually.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/260948-rice-production-audu-ogbehs-reported-claim-untrue-thailand-ambassador.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true
even ur employee still eat thai rice Abi na DAT jigawa rice them eat for ganduji wedding?

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by sunsewa16: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Mr Ambassador don't bother explaining since u brought it to our notice, they thrive on lies,is in their gene,and they can never do without it.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by begwong: 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
What do you expect ogbeh to say when lie Mohammed has tutored them to PhD level in lying?
APC shithóles!

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
chai this mod they can maclatunji is very shameless!!! How on earth can a sane human being defend this show of shame?

3 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by livebynite: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
In a sane nation this minister will be asked to resign but alas we are in Nigeria where the people.and government lack morals and shame

I just want to watch Nigeria burn angry

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
malabite3:

An ambassador came out to discountenanced a weighty allegation against him and all you guys do is take it at face value? In other saner climes, Audu Ogbeh would have honorably resigned. Ohhh..... I have forgotten there is no iota of honor left in you guys. Such a shame. I wonder the kinds of values you guys instill in your children.

Simple, don't follow wailers. Building the nation is a task that must be done. cheesy grin cheesy

An email is coming out? #LOL
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
chai this mod they can maclatunji is very shameless!!! How on earth can a sane human being defend this show of shame?

Very easy. Twisting issues to suit your narrative does not make them reality.

So, what would you do tomorrow if the ambassador denies authoring the email? Insist it is the fact, right?

You believe what suits you not necessarily reality. Even in a court, your email is virtually useless.
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
homesteady:
A special adviser to the Minister didn't give any solid reply when he was contacted, yet, maclatunji, a random nonentity is here fighting vehemently to defend what is indefensible.
Nigeria which way forward?

Was the special adviser the one that the ambassador spoke to?
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Sagay212: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
BUHARI IS A PROFESSIONAL IN FAILURE. APC IS A PARTY OF EVIL, UNREPENTANT, BLATANT LIARS.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Feraz(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
maclatunji:

LOL, Oh dear! Your delusions are real. #LWKMD.

As for the Ambassador, he obviously did not expect the Minister to reveal their private conversations. His rebuttal is rather tepid.
On the contrary, you're the one being delusional. Seriously dude, you should be ashamed of yourself. A minister told a barefaced lie which is easily verifiable on the internet of which you supported him and in your usual zombie character, 'pigs and idiots' are the ones not happy with the administration. Ivandragon, Naijamutant and Doctokwus have called you out for believing these lies but instead of you hiding your face like your cohorts, you rather did not and not only that, you hide behind 'rebuttal being tepid'. Even your subsequent replies to defending yourself and the minister is lame!!! You're as lame as they come.

doctokwus:
That anybody still believed the minister when even a single page on the topic here,market facts and commonsense should have put paid to Audu Ogbeh's lies,shows that some people here and in Nigeria in general,have sawdust for brains.
You mean Maclatunji has sawdust for brains?

As for how he once became a mod, it dates back some years ago when the Islam section was about to be created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
Feraz:
On the contrary, you're the one being delusional. Seriously dude, you should be ashamed of yourself. A minister told a barefaced lie which is easily verifiable on the internet of which you supported him and in your usual zombie character, 'pigs and idiots' are the ones not happy with the administration. Ivandragon, Naijamutant and Doctokwus have called you out for believing these lies but instead of you hiding your face like your cohorts, you rather did not and not only that, you hide behind 'rebuttal being tepid'. Even your subsequent replies to defending yourself and the minister is lame!!! You're as lame as they come.

As for how he once became a mod, it dates back some years ago when the Islam section was about to be created.

True or false, Thailand's export of rice to Nigeria has dropped?

Insults are not facts, your coalition of wailers does not represent facts. grin grin grin

tongue
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by wristbangle: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
SMH honestly

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by yungmill(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
maclatunji:

Very easy. Twisting issues to suit your narrative does not make them reality.

So, what would you do tomorrow if the ambassador denies authoring the email? Insist it is the fact, right?

You believe what suits you not necessarily reality. Even in a court, your email is virtually useless.

Am sorry but it seems most of y'all don't know about the formalities of inter-state relations, do you know that the ambassador represents the head of state or government of his country likewise Audu to Buhari and in any form of diplomatic discuss between consular agents, because the reason for their said meeting was for consular reasons, the said details of such meeting is supposed to remain confidential except the details of agreemen(s) reached and Audu said that crap thereby he was saying the head of state and government said such hugwash, which is wrong even if the ambassador said so, and you are cool with it as long as it glorifies Nigeria, event if the tenant of diplomatic discuss was thrown to the dogs.

You are even going as far as to say an email will be released how does seem vet his mods cos all I see is pathetic, you were busy arguing that the ambassador should have flat out denied Audu's lies when in fact in any diplomatic discuss only the head of state has such right not his representative, because if the ambassador said Audu lied he is indirectly saying Buhari lied. Well they said we are receiving expired education in 9ja cos it's truly lost on you, you can continue as you wish atleast it's every dog to his bone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by ivandragon: 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Feraz:

sorry, read your post wrong... that mod is a disgrace to moderators around the world...

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
EEDIOTS

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Feraz(m): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
ivandragon:

what are you mentioning me for?

did I at anytime agree with the minister on the said issue?

please, if it is an error you made mentioning me in relation to a statement/position I never held, kindly edit as appropriate...
ivandragon:

what are you mentioning me for?

did I at anytime agree with the minister on the said issue?

please, if it is an error you made mentioning me in relation to a statement/position I never held, kindly edit as appropriate...
You misunderstand me. I said you called him out for believing and defending the minister. Please, read again.

Oh, by cohorts, I meant his fellow Buharists if that's what you're referring to.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Chukazu: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Is lying also a progress undecided

You're delusional grin

At least something was said and some people believed so that is progress cool
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by madjune(m): 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
I really wonder what this man is still doing in government.

I remember how he fled the OBJ government and I thought he was done with partisan politics.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Lomprico2: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
sweetgala:

Nah Ur papa him be ooh.

Gerarahere! No be u dey defend am?

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by chikago1: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:
I insist, he didn't lie grin

This government is filled with so many incompetent officials that they might be repeating a lie while not knowing what he is saying, and they do this without any iota of shame .

What a hopeless country.
Hopelessly hopeless I tells you.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by NSK4U(m): 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
ONLY PDP CAN TAKE NIGERIANS OUT OF THIS GOVERNMENT OF LIES, 2019 loading......
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by positivethought: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
maclatunji:

Nobody is jubilating over your post, just pointing out to you what I pointed out.

I believe the Minister because there is nothing to lie about. The fact that wailers need something to wail about and the Ambassador feels he came out looking bad does not change the facts of the case which boils down to this:

What exactly did the Ambassador say?

Minister Audu Ogbeh is quoting publicly, the Ambassador is if we are to believe sending unverifiable emails that can be denied later.

People can choose to believe what they want but don't start thinking you have any cogent fact.
don't get yourself unnecessarily worked up, I know you type were ready to blow your trumpet of Deceit following the dishonorable minister's false claim,you never expected the ambassador to mess up your deception and propaganda with a classical denial back up with facts but now that the breeze has blown and exposed the chickens rump you are agitated, the PA to minister claimed he want to cross check facts before responding,you should kindly help him out since you are a repertoire of facts.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by AmAlbert(m): 12:28am On Mar 08, 2018
Someone should please alert me when they finally puts up NIGERIA on Jumia for sale, I want to use it as an animal farm

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by homesteady(m): 12:59am On Mar 08, 2018
maclatunji:

Was the special adviser the one that the ambassador spoke to?

In all honesty, can you claim to know more than the special adviser?

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Awaja(m): 6:59am On Mar 08, 2018
Cross check facts and blow your own lies ,am ashamed of this cluster of minions running the economy like a motor park with utmost disregard for sincerity at all level,shunning out lies daily

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by poseidon12: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2018
Audu Ogbeh, a shameless old man. This is very shameful.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2018
grin grin grin grin

I don tire. This is funny.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by sweetgala(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2018
Lomprico2:

Gerarahere! No be u dey defend am?

I don talk my own , yes I defended him and stand by what I said.

Yes I do like Baba Ogbe , Please also note the Thai diplomat could also be protecting himself from backlash, so there is no way to guarantee he is telling the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Endorses Bola Tinubu For President / Fayose Celebrates His 56th Birthday On The Streets Of Ado-Ekiti Today (photos) / Peter Obi Sends Condolence Message To Davido And Chioma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.