Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme (36511 Views)

Electricity: We’ve Performed Better Than PDP Did In 16 Years – Fashola / Dino Melaye: 'APC Scatter Scatter, Everything Jaga Jaga, Put Broom In The Air' / We Are Proud Of Senator Dino Melaye - APC, Kogi Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by don4real18(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ever heard of Philips curve?
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Somebodysproduct: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
I clap for Sen. Dino on this.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Johnrake69: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
michoim:
You are a PDP man. That is why you and Saraki was rearranging election schedules that is not going to succeed.
GEJ alone in the last 10 months of his tenure borrowed US $7 bn when oil prices was just begining to drop. Convert that to Naira. That is over N2.3t. Now APC experiences the worst crash in oil prices in many decades. Dino melaye where do you expect the govt. to find money to run things including you senators Jumbo pay? Of course Dino do you expect PDP to borrow when they experience oil prices at an all time high of US $140 per barrel? Dino do you think you are talking to some illiterates like you who doesn't understand how present economic events unfolded over time...Dino & Saraki you are loosers

Your argument is skewed. When you mentioned the price of oil being at $90-110, you should also follow it up with how they managed to keep our exchange rate at #199 and fuel at #86. Even Fashola told us that GEJ built more roads than any previous administration ever did. No doubt GEJ was a disappointment.

APC came in with propaganda. The earlier we realise that the two parties are the same and also, there are just two classes in Nigeria; the rich and the poor, the sooner we can organise ourselves and kick them out.

Buhari promised to reduce cost of governance. He said he would turn the presidential jets to a national carrier till date we are still waiting on that. We complained that GEJ budgeted #1billion for food. Buhari came in and did #1.5billion.

No foreign medical tourism for government officials and he spent 3months in London hospital. His son just got back from same medical tourism in Germany.

Insecurity is at all time high. During the last administration Boko haram was confined to North East. Today, we have Boko haram killing and kidnapping people in the North East while fulani herdsmen is rampaging the whole federation. The Nigerian Army has killed more innocent people than never before, Ipob and shiite Muslims come to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
sharpden:

We may need to write Mr. President to review his position; if not, we have the power on behalf of the Nigerian youths who voted us to veto him so that people will become the ultimate beneficiaries of this bill.

https://www.headlineng.com/buharis-borrowed-pdp-specific-programme-dino-melaye/amp/
Dino, I will clap for you when this is achieved!

Good one!

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Slurity(m): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Also in 3 years APC save more money than what PDP save in 13 years

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Sunnah1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Dino Melaye is among the Most Useful politicians in Nigeria. He is thoughtful, and courageous.
Buhari's regime is the greatest disaster Nigeria has witnessed since independence.

What exactly has he done to deserve this commendation from you? I just notice that you're not mentally OK

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
DeRay98:

See as you shouting online like say i owe you money...
Don't go and develop high blood pressure oh.

NO MAKE I NO SHOUT, U KNOW HOW MUCH FOR FUEL FOR IBADAN?

U KNOW HOW MUCH FOR FUEL FOR WARRI.

Lagos na dey sell 145, most places dont even have light no govt in Nigeria has ever gotten evil right like dis present govt, dey always score A1 in evil but fail when it comes to betterment of the life of Nigerians.

Yes n sure p stayed for years and outlived d previous administration but today Npower we no know were e dey now

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Sealeddeal(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sunnah1:

What exactly has he done to deserve this commendation from you? I just notice that you're not mentally OK
You're looking for what Dino has achieved? Are you sure you're not a zombie?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Elexdallas(m): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
some go still doubt him
mtchew
me sef tire for this country

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Jacko1970: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
The government has disappointed Nigeria and Nigerians! But I have to shift the blames and missdeed of this government mostly on the social media people with all the hated speeches that chased away the Jonathan government!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Sagay212: 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
BUHARI BREATHES FAILURE. APC IS SYNONYMOUS TO FAILURE. NIGERIANS HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING. BY 2019, PEOPLE WILL BE EATING GRASS LIKE ANIMALS.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by teemy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
having the peace corps that would duplicate already existing security bodies would be a strain over time on the nation's resources. youths need jobs and security agencies are under staffed. a compromise would be to employ youths into those agencies.
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by manchester4lyf: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Waiting for LIE MOHAMMED TO RESPOND TO DAT, I trust my man, he will never disappoint his name, Der must be a BAIL OUT LIE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by BlackMbakara1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
xcolanto:

So APC are now borrowing to pay salaries!!!
grin grin grin

I thought this was the worst sin In the last administration.

You zombies are just unbelievable!
Speaking from all side of your teeth's!
It's good and appropriate when it suites you but bad and illegal when its the other way around!
pathetic bunch of miscreants.

Of course they borrowed to pay since there was cash crunch due to low price of oil but in the last administration we had good oil price.

@ ur zombie calling, it's a zombie to know a zombie.
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by fizzy4luv(m): 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Honestly, the favor on this country is just too much. All this set of selfish leaders and yet this country still exits, Nigeria deserves to be a case study in leadership classes.

What pains me is to see people engage in conversations that defies logic, if not that how will some people still post statements to defend this current dispensation.

A ranking senator just make a revelation that a sitting government has borrowed 11trn in 3yrs and some still have the guts to be making references to a past administration inefficiencies.

I think nairaland should change the dynamics of this forum so we can begin to Identify the enemies amongst us.

if you are that stupid to still believe in a man who was nursed to health by state funds, propose the establishment of cattle colonies with funds only to suddenly realise the nation resources is lean for funding this cause, then I believe your salvation can't be redeem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Nigeriadondie1: 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
sharpden:
Thank God there are still sensible people in the Senate.
Sensible indeed. Is he not part of the problem? Was he not the one showing us his constituency projects of a mere culvert he called bridge with all the millions they get for constituency allowances and running costs? U thank God for giving u a thug as a lawmaker? Because u and millions of Nigerian do not know what true governance is all about do u know in d first place lawmakers have no business financing projects. That is d work of the executive alone. Now imagine d huge difference that wud be made if those monies where channeled into infrastructure devt.
Chai i weep for Nigeria and Nigerians. Really they deserve the kind of leaders they ve
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by emaopel: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2018
This is ridiculous....APC....Failure!
Never again APC will rule Ekiti!
Never again APC will rule Nigeria!!
Never again Buhari will rule Nigeria!!!
God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by siraj1402(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Copied

Still on Nigeria moving forward. Yesterday we woke up to the news going round where Pastor Tunde Bakare has claimed that PDP in 16years left a debt of 6trillion and APC in 3 years has a debt of 11trillion! Of course as expected, bandwagon intellectuals went to town.

Sadly this assessment was either mischievous or ignorant or both. Our debt portfolio is comprised of both foreign and local debts and anyone who has a sense of history recalls that Obasanjo cleared almost all of our foreign debt and so by 2007 we had near zero foreign debts outstanding. We had domestic debts but they were about a trillion or slightly more! Yaradua in his two year reign did not borrow externally although I have to confirm that.

So without a doubt our debt grew exponentially between 2010 and 2015 and that is not 16 years! As at March 2015 our foreign debt stood at over $10 billion while domestic debt stood at about N9trillion. All these debts accumulated while crude was selling at an average of $100 per barrel and we were exporting an average of 2million barrels per day.

Today, our foreign debt is up to $15billion and domestic debt is now about N11 trillion. So what this government which dealt with the worst recession in our history as a nation has added to the debt is $5billion in foreign debt and N2trillion in domestic debt! 10.39% of the domestic debt belongs to Lagos State and the FCT! Rivers also has a large chunk of that amount! So it is wrong and mischievous of Bakare to throw around figures to mislead his audience.

The more critical question to ask is what is government borrowing for and what is the implication? A cursory look at the composition of our foreign debt will show that a large part of it is from China Exim Bank which obviously funds infrastructure and from other multilateral funds which also target specific infrastructure financing! Unlike GEJ’s government that borrowed to buy kparaga and Alomo! He also bought some private jets for some pastors.... and invited others to a kangaroo wasteful national conference.After that conference they have never remained the same again.

Secondly as at today our entire debt to GDP is less than 30% whereas the desirable limit is 60%! America has an over 100% debt to GDP ratio. In essence we are actually not borrowing enough! Also this government is battling to force down our debt to revenue ratio such that the money we earn does not all go to debt servicing. It used to be as high as over 60% but Minister Adeosun has worked with her team to bring it down to under 45%! As earnings from taxation increase, crude and other exports also increase national revenue triggering more duties collected by Customs and importation costs reduces, the impact of debt servicing on revenue could go as low as 20% by 2020!

So Oga Bakare sorry to break your heart, na only you waka come. You goofed big time and if you want to wail at all at least do so from an informed perspective.

-Ghani Arobo
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by MossLuv: 6:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
May God bless Senator Dino Melaye

May God bless Senator Remi Tinubu

Why Remi Tinubu? pls tell me what u know

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by clickwtB(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
GREATEST ENEMIES WITHIN CLEARLY EXPOSING THEMSELVES undecided !!! undecided lipsrsealed coolTHANK GOD grin cheesy
YOU &YOUR OGA CUT YOUR SALARIES & ALLOWANCES AND SEE IF IT DOES NOT REDUCE OUR NATIONS INDEBTEDNESS!
3MONTHS BUDGET PROPOSAL 2018 YET TO BE PASSED BY LAY ABOUTS undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by christ007(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
sharpden:

https://www.headlineng.com/buharis-borrowed-pdp-specific-programme-dino-melaye/amp/
we do not want establishment of Peace Corps of Nigeria.all we need is a good government.pls go get ur PVC buhari must go

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by lexy2014: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
deji17:
This is their grouse against Buhari..
is it during buharis govt that customs started bursting smugglers? What happened 2d N3b that was allocated 2 aso rock clinic yet they still don't have paracetamol? what happened 2d $1b withdrawn from d ECA to fight an already defeated boko haram?has TSA/BVN account 4 it? Can BVN/TSA account 4 what d country incurred 4d presidents medical trip? FIRS performing its duty since time immemorial is now an achievement of buhari? Are u 4 real?d credit 4d modern FIRS should even go 2d obasanjo admin. It appointed ifueko omoigui who repositioned d agency but obasanjo didn't make noise with that. Now buhari has no results, its FIRS collecting taxes that's now an achievement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by christ007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jacko1970:
The government has disappointed Nigeria and Nigerians! But I have to shift the blames and missdeed of this government mostly on the social media people with all the hated speeches that chased away the Jonathan government!
you Yoruba never like Igbo people to rule. Tell me which government do you prefer Jönathan or buhari

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by deji17: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
lexy2014:
is it during buharis govt that customs started bursting smugglers? What happened 2d N3b that was allocated 2 aso rock clinic yet they still don't have paracetamol? what happened 2d $1b withdrawn from d ECA to fight an already defeated boko haram?has TSA/BVN account 4 it? Can BVN/TSA account 4 what d country incurred 4d presidents medical trip? FIRS performing its duty since time immemorial is now an achievement of buhari? Are u 4 real?d credit 4d modern FIRS should even go 2d obasanjo admin. It appointed ifueko omoigui who repositioned d agency but obasanjo didn't make noise with that. Now buhari has no results, its FIRS collecting taxes that's now an achievement

If Obasanjo and FIRS performed as you were trying to portray them, then we will not be tackling the same problem now.
On budgetary allocation, I will advise you go and learn the difference between budget estimate and fund release.
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by lexy2014: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
deji17:

If Obasanjo and FIRS performed as you were trying to portray them, then we will not be tackling the same problem now.
On budgetary allocation, I will advise you go and learn the difference between budget estimate and fund release.
what is d problem we are tackling?U that has learnt d difference between budget estimate and fund release, kindly tell me which of d items I raised where funds were allocated but not released?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by deji17: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
lexy2014:
what is d problem we are tackling?U that has learnt d difference between budget estimate and fund release, kindly tell me which of d items I raised where funds were allocated but not released?

If I tell you now, I am sure you will still find something else to wail about. That information which you seek should not be too difficult to for you to get if you are genuinely interested..

State House clinic budget: Presidency disagrees with quoted figures
— 15th October 2017

http://sunnewsonline.com/state-house-clinic-budget-presidency-says-buharis-wife-daughter-lied/
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by freeze001(f): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
sweerychick:
Is this guy PDP or APC?

He's a Nigerian Senator.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by lexy2014: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
deji17:

If I tell you now, I am sure you will still find something else to wail about. That information which you seek should not be too difficult to for you to get if you are genuinely interested..

State House clinic budget: Presidency disagrees with quoted figures
— 15th October 2017

http://sunnewsonline.com/state-house-clinic-budget-presidency-says-buharis-wife-daughter-lied/

if I were u, i wouldn't even have bothered bringing up this link cos it further ridicules d president, his family and his aides. Isnt it shameful that d president can't put his house in order?that his wife&daughter have 2 come out on social media 2 complain about aso rock clinic which we don't use with them? 4 them 2 come out on social media 2 wash their dirty linen shows that d president wasn't available 2 listen 2 them or wasn't interested in what they had 2 say about d clinic. Cos if he was, d complains of his family and d response from d presidency wouldn't have made news

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by deji17: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
lexy2014:
if I were u, i wouldn't even have bothered bringing up this link cos it further ridicules d president, his family and his aides. Isnt it shameful that d president can't put his house in order?that his wife&daughter have 2 come out on social media 2 complain about aso rock clinic which we don't use with them? 4 them 2 come out on social media 2 wash their dirty linen shows that d president wasn't available 2 listen 2 them or wasn't interested in what they had 2 say about d clinic. Cos if he was, d complains of his family and d response from d presidency wouldn't have made news

No need of hiding anything. That is the Nigeria he met which he is working hard to improve on. If they have everything in Aso Rock including a world class hospital, you will be the first to complain again. You remember what I predicted earlier, that after providing you with the information you requested for, that you will still find something else to whine and wail about?
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
deji17:

No need of hiding anything. That is the Nigeria he met which he is working hard to improve on. If they have everything in Aso Rock including a world class hospital, you will be the first to complain again. You remember what I predicted earlier, that after providing you with the information you requested for, that you will still find something else to whine and wail about?
its not about hiding anything. Its about protecting d president and his image. Its common sense. Aso rock clinic falls under d purview of d president. 2 complain in public about aso rock clinic is to tell d world that their father/husband doesn't no what his doing and that he has failed with aso rock clinic. Its like complaining 2 ur juniors at work that ur wife cant cook. What do u want them to do?What were they expecting Nigerians 2do 4 them by complaining 2 Nigerians? What powers do Nigerians have over d affairs of aso rock clinic? D link u brought was d wrong link. U only succeeded in providing info that put d president in bad light

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by Kingbusssy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
sharpden:
Thank God there are still sensible people in the Senate.

Campaign after Election.

Why are talking now??
Re: Dino Melaye: APC Has Borrowed More Than PDP Without Any Programme by deji17: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
lexy2014:
its not about hiding anything. Its about protecting d president and his image. Its common sense. Aso rock clinic falls under d purview of d president. 2 complain in public about aso rock clinic is to tell d world that their father/husband doesn't no what his doing and that he has failed with aso rock clinic. Its like complaining 2 ur juniors at work that ur wife cant cook. What do u want them to do?What were they expecting Nigerians 2do 4 them by complaining 2 Nigerians? What powers do Nigerians have over d affairs of aso rock clinic? D link u brought was d wrong link. U only succeeded in providing info that put d president in bad light

To you, it makes sense to hide such, but there is no need hiding anything in this case. Buhari's wife complained openly, while the Directors involved, provided the explanation to what the Presidents wife do not know. It shows their openness and desire not to hide it from the public. I cannot fault them on that. Like I wrote earlier you must wail, no matter the situation. The conversation started with how much was allocated for Aso Rock Clinic, but right now, your obsession is with the Presidents wife's complain and not what was released to the clinic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Convention: South-east, North-east Delegates Split Over Saraki, Atiku / If You Know The Building Cost Of The HQ Of Customs, You Will Faint - Shehu Sani / Atiku Floors Buhari In Akwanga West In Nasarawa. — The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.