Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar (4006 Views)

Study Finds That Yorubas Are Genetically 99.9% Igbo / Study Finds Igbos & Yorubas Are 99.9% Genetically Similar / Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2018
OnyeOGA:
Hmmm
what sort of nonsense is this
Bia, mister man who gave you this kind of work
Besides, The Igbo and Yoruba are never the same.
Confam your mumuness She.
so you believe a neighboring tribe has no similarities with you but you believe Jews from isreal do abi.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2018
Sinistami:

Confam your mumuness Sha. so a neighbouring tribe has no similarities with you but you believe Jews from Isreal do.
Confam mumu.
you are the mumu here.
Igbos are never negros like you people.
Please, if you want me to tell about my people's History, i will do that for you.
Besides, Yorubas are from Mecca. Believe it or live. They ran away from there homes because of what happened in the Era of Muhammad.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
OnyeOGA:

you are the mumu here.
Please, if you want me to tell about my people's History, i will do that for you.
Besides, Yorubas are from Mecca. Believe it or live. They ran away from there homes because of what happened in the Era of Muhammad.

I know I am going to regret asking, but.... What
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
OnyeOGA:

you are the mumu here.

See your sef does DAT still prove that you are not related to Yorubas.and show me a negroid that is 100%African and I will show you the devils own shit and FYI almost every tribe of Southern Nigeria can trace their history to The Middle East Egypt what not.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sinistami:

See your sef does DAT still prove that you are not related to Yorubas.and show me a negroid that is 100%African and I will show you the devils own shit and FYI almost every tribe of Southern Nigeria can trace their history to The Middle East Egypt what not.
alright.
Do you want me to tell you my People's history
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2018
Sinistami:

Here's an Igbo man who did an ancestry test. Spoiler alert: he's 100 percent African. As a matter of fact most Nigerian ethnicities that conduct this DNA test tend to find out they're 100 percent African and I am yet to see one who isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eqWyf26naw

Now where's that "devils own poo" you speak of?

1 Like

Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
OnyeOGA:
alright. Do you want me to tell you my People's history
Tok ai de hia
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sinistami:

Tok ai de hia
Eri, the father of all Igbos, who hailed from Israel was the fifth son of Gad, the seventh son of Jacob (Genesis 46:15-18 and Numbers 26:16-18). He migrated from Egypt with a group of companions just before the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt many centuries ago. They traveled by water and finally arrived at the confluence point of Ezu and Omambala (Anambra) Rivers known as Agbanabo, located in present-day Aguleri, where, according to oral tradition, it was spiritually or divinely revealed to Eri that Agbanabo (i.e the confluence point of Ezu and Omambala Rivers) was to be their final destination and settlement. They moved into the hinterland and settled in the present-day Aguleri but the settlement wasn’t known as Aguleri at that time. Meanwhile, Eri lived and died at Aguleri.
Agulu was the eldest son of Eri who took over from his father after Eri’s demise.
As the population around Eri’s compound at Aguleri increased, and in combination with other factors, some children of Eri and their descendants left Aguleri and founded various other settlements that Igbos occupy today. However, Agulu, the first son, remained in their father’s home at Aguleri with his own descendants.
Agulu, fondly called Agulu-Nwa-Eri, appended the name of their father, Eri, to his name and founded Agulu-Eri (Aguleri) by calling the settlement where his father Eri died and he (Agulu) lived AGULERI.
Menri was one of Agulu’s siblings that left their father’s house. He (Menri) settled at a big forest, where he engaged in hunting and farming, while also performing his spiritual work like other Eri’s children. Menri called his settlement Agu-Ukwu (Nri).
When Menri was getting very old, he told his children to take him back to his ancestral home, as he would not want to die outside his father’s home. Menri was brought back to Aguleri, where he died and was buried. His grave is still marked at Okpu, in Ivite Aguleri, till this day. There is no other grave site of Menri, the founder of Nri, anywhere else in Igbo land, even in Nri itself, except in Aguleri.
It is also a known fact that, by tradition, no other Igbo man would break the kolanut where an Aguleri man is present, except with his permission. This is in deference to the fact that Agulu (Aguleri) was the eldest child Eri.
In fulfillment of the age-long traditional rites for kingship in certain Igbo communities like Nri, every Igwe-elect, must visit Aguleri accompanied by a delegation from his community, all of whom will spend seven days in Aguleri visiting sacred places, paying homage and making sacrifices to certain deities/shrines.
Agbanabo, in the oral tradition of Eri clan is not just any place ‘where two rivers meet’. It has great spiritual significance, because it was at this point that Eri had a divine revelation that they had reached their ordained place of settlement. Members of Eri clan, therefore, have a strong spiritual attachment to Agbanabo. And this has made it an important and mandatory feature in the coronation rites of the people of Eri clan.
The visit an Igwe-elect, with his people to Aguleri, including the places he’ll go to, making sacrifices and paying homage to certain deities/shrines, can be well captured in a video coverage these days. All such videos are available in Aguleri archives for anyone who cares to see and is interested in knowing the truth.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I know I am going to regret asking, but.... What
Eri, the father of all Igbos, who hailed from Israel was the fifth son of Gad, the seventh son of Jacob (Genesis 46:15-18 and Numbers 26:16-18). He migrated from Egypt with a group of companions just before the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt many centuries ago. They traveled by water and finally arrived at the confluence point of Ezu and Omambala (Anambra) Rivers known as Agbanabo, located in present-day Aguleri, where, according to oral tradition, it was spiritually or divinely revealed to Eri that Agbanabo (i.e the confluence point of Ezu and Omambala Rivers) was to be their final destination and settlement. They moved into the hinterland and settled in the present-day Aguleri but the settlement wasn’t known as Aguleri at that time. Meanwhile, Eri lived and died at Aguleri.
Agulu was the eldest son of Eri who took over from his father after Eri’s demise.
As the population around Eri’s compound at Aguleri increased, and in combination with other factors, some children of Eri and their descendants left Aguleri and founded various other settlements that Igbos occupy today. However, Agulu, the first son, remained in their father’s home at Aguleri with his own descendants.
Agulu, fondly called Agulu-Nwa-Eri, appended the name of their father, Eri, to his name and founded Agulu-Eri (Aguleri) by calling the settlement where his father Eri died and he (Agulu) lived AGULERI.
Menri was one of Agulu’s siblings that left their father’s house. He (Menri) settled at a big forest, where he engaged in hunting and farming, while also performing his spiritual work like other Eri’s children. Menri called his settlement Agu-Ukwu (Nri).
When Menri was getting very old, he told his children to take him back to his ancestral home, as he would not want to die outside his father’s home. Menri was brought back to Aguleri, where he died and was buried. His grave is still marked at Okpu, in Ivite Aguleri, till this day. There is no other grave site of Menri, the founder of Nri, anywhere else in Igbo land, even in Nri itself, except in Aguleri.
It is also a known fact that, by tradition, no other Igbo man would break the kolanut where an Aguleri man is present, except with his permission. This is in deference to the fact that Agulu (Aguleri) was the eldest child Eri.
In fulfillment of the age-long traditional rites for kingship in certain Igbo communities like Nri, every Igwe-elect, must visit Aguleri accompanied by a delegation from his community, all of whom will spend seven days in Aguleri visiting sacred places, paying homage and making sacrifices to certain deities/shrines.
Agbanabo, in the oral tradition of Eri clan is not just any place ‘where two rivers meet’. It has great spiritual significance, because it was at this point that Eri had a divine revelation that they had reached their ordained place of settlement. Members of Eri clan, therefore, have a strong spiritual attachment to Agbanabo. And this has made it an important and mandatory feature in the coronation rites of the people of Eri clan.
The visit an Igwe-elect, with his people to Aguleri, including the places he’ll go to, making sacrifices and paying homage to certain deities/shrines, can be well captured in a video coverage these days. All such videos are available in Aguleri archives for anyone who cares to see and is interested in knowing the truth.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
ivandragon:
on one hand, the study might mean little, after all humans are similar to simians...

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0831_050831_chimp_genes.html

but in the context of the goal of the study, I think it says a lot about relatedness in the south.

history shows that both the Igbos & Yorubas (& Edos) are from the Volta-Niger Phylum (Williamson & Blench (2000) 'Niger–Congo', in Heine & Nurse, African Languages .)

both tribes are known for their unique art works.

both tribes evolved a pseudo-democratic style of governance as far back as the 9-11 century. the Igbos were republican (akin to the city states of ancient Greece) while the Yorubas were more of the modern style presidential system. but systems were highly complex & effective even for their times.

both tribes have shown a high ability to adapt & evolve with modern day advancements.

both tribes had a pattern of identification that involved facial tribal marks (yes, the Igbos also carried tribal marks at a time but dropped it faster than the Yorubas).

it was colonial rule that made tribal differences in the south more pronounced & sharper.

so next time YOU call call a Yoruba man scratched face, look in the mirror BROTHER;

next time YOU call an Igbo man Igbo, look in the mirror BROTHER;

next time any of YOU refer to one another as 'YOU PEOPLE' or 'PEOPLE FROM THAT SIDE' or whatever derogatory tribal slur YOU like to dish out... look in the mirror BROTHER... you are referring to YOURSELF...

we are all similar in our unique ways...
grin
poo
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Daviddson:
What sort of Igbos people do we have on this Nairaland? See their acidic comments already. So sad that many of you have yet to learn from the mistakes of the likes of Ironsi, Chukwuma Kaduna and even the Hausas you so much detest their 'born to rule mentality'.
don't forget that it is rat poison that killed Awolowo.
We and Yorubas are not the same.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
OnyeOGA:

Inferiority Complex at its worst so becuz a few of your ancestors were White it now means the Thousand other Blacks they screwed with now have no importance. I'm not saying your story is a lie its just that the fact that you can deny the black race your Identity and deny that you have nothing to do with a neighboring tribe proves to me that you're dillusional.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sinistami:

Inferiority Complex at its worst so becuz a few of your ancestors were White it now means the Thousand other Blacks they screwed with now have no importance.
grin
See who is Talking.
Did you see anything like Black in my post

I'm not saying your story is a lie its just that the fact that you can deny the black race your Identity and deny that you have nothing to do with a neighboring tribe proves to me that you're dillusional.
Is it by force
I don't beg you to believe.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
OnyeOGA:

you are the mumu here.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=Sinistami post=65867225][/quote]
This
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
OnyeOGA:

I'm not really concerned with the epistle. I just want to know how Igbos are not negroes?
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by OnyeOGA(m): 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I'm not really concerned with the epistle. I just want to know how Igbos are not negroes?
grin
bad guy.
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Sinistami(m): 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Thank you
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by macof(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
OnyeOGA:

you are the mumu here.
stfu! Yoruba are indegenous black africans

Its the same madness that is affecting you and causing you to claim igbos are hebrews that affected the morons that claim Yoruba are arabs
Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by macof(m): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
OnyeOGA:

and this makes sense to you?

So it is the bible, that Europeans brought for the first time in the 18th/19th century that Igbo history should be learnt from Wtf!

1 Like

Re: Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar by Olu317(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
macof:

Wtf! This guy is a mad bastard sha. Yoruba largely Neanderthal? How does someone like this survive without any sense

Btw. Neanderthal are closer to Apes than Homo Sapiens are...so you insulting MitrikDenholm as an Ape will only backfire to you who claims to be "largely Neanderthal"

Jeez! Awon eniyan sa
Fortunate you! But I won't stoop low to engage you with vulgar words. What baffle me is your mannerism on this Platform . It is either,you weren't trained properly or you are psychologically imbalance. Am I the one ,you used such word on his personality? Do you have problem with research on human genome carried out by Professor David Reich? Are you having problem,understanding English language? Is it hard for you to read arguement between two people before you drew your conclusion? Ordinarily ,I would have got you a ban for this uncomplimentary term used directly at me but I will ignore you because, you are BENEATH ME.
I don't belong to a clueless school of thought as you do who enjoy Edo–Yoruba saga online?No wonder, you disgrace yourself online with your uncultured characters.
He who has no known and recognisable historical background seek connection, where it exist not.I don't get emotionally attach to issues as you do but defend my ancestors documentarily .
If your brain doesnt work clockwisely then,reset it .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Colonial Masters Posing With Women In The 70s / Do You Know That Electricity Was Invented By NIGERIANS? / Facts To Prove That Ibos Originate From Egypt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.