Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

Palm Oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Palm Oil (10013 Views)

New Hybrid Palm Oil Seedlings, Plantain And Banana Suckers For Sale. / Large Quantity Of Palm Oil Needed In Lagos / Palm Oil Supplier Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2018
hello guys,
in response to calls and texts from nairalnders, I have decided to open this thread!!!
N/B: this thread is exclusively for GENUINE and sincere palm oil dealers and those interested in learning the pros and cons of the business.
Moreso, oil prices from different parts of the country will be updated here on regular basis.
Feel free to ask questions on palm oil.
let's get started.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2018
cc: pavore9, farmtech,
uboma, sanod, classictutor, Tublez, menwongo, udysweet, preciousseed, maasoap, Etiumoh, etal
Re: Palm Oil by uboma(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2018
Good initiative.

I will be following with keen interest.
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2018
uboma:
Good initiative.

I will be following with keen interest.

thanks boss!!!
we can always count on you!!
Re: Palm Oil by Payper(m): 9:30am On Mar 08, 2018
nice one Donparosky, this will be very educating and insightful for newbies like us. I started palm oil supply to market women around my locality, my major challenge is the union guys. They asked us to not supply oil if we are not ready to join them. Their registeration procedures will cost us about 70k, money that is not available currently, besides if i had it i will channel it into expanding my business. Please i need advise on what next to do from more experienced folks in the house
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
price updates this morning : Akwa ibom is 8300-8500
kaduna is 10800
Kano is 10400
Zaria is 11k
Lagos is 10500
feel free to add yours
God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Hello am tunde a farmer i want to go into palm oil business. .

What is the cost price or whole sales price of 25 litres palm oil in osun,ondo and benin?

How many 25 litres is in a drum?

What is the present whole sales price of the 25 litres yellow keg used for the palm oil?

What is the present price of transporting each 25 litres keg from osun,ondo benin to lagos?

And what is the price for loading and offloading?

And what is the current price of each 25 litres keg in mile2 or other palm oil selling market in lagos?

Will appreciate if the questions are answered as stated
Thank you
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Payper:
nice one Donparosky, this will be very educating and insightful for newbies like us. I started palm oil supply to market women around my locality, my major challenge is the union guys. They asked us to not supply oil if we are not ready to join them. Their registeration procedures will cost us about 70k, money that is not available currently, besides if i had it i will channel it into expanding my business. Please i need advise on what next to do from more experienced folks in the house
hmmmm
this union thing dealt with me too in my early days.....
well you should look at the long term benefits, if you intend to do this business for a long time, then it's necessary to join the union since it gives you freedom to do your business without restrictions. most times if a difficult client around your location owes you, the union usually helps to retrieve your money. moreover, sometimes you may need to meet the chairman and negotiate an installmental payments for the registration. it's acceptable for newbies.
on the contrary, if the market isn't robust and the patronage is low, it's better you change location.. lols
just scout for better environments where you can freely do ur hustles without restrictions cos most union like the one I joined in my early days, almost killed my destiny...
weigh the options and make your choice bro
God bless your hustles

2 Likes

Re: Palm Oil by Richiez(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Donparosky the tested and trusted palm oil dealer...this is a nice thread... Good meeting point for genuine palm oil dealers and newbies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2018
OLATUNDE1122:
Hello am tunde a farmer i want to go into palm oil business. .

What is the cost price or whole sales price of 25 litres palm oil in osun,ondo and benin?

How many 25 litres is in a drum?

What is the present whole sales price of the 25 litres yellow keg used for the palm oil?

What is the present price of transporting each 25 litres keg from osun,ondo benin to lagos?

And what is the price for loading and offloading?

And what is the current price of each 25 litres keg in mile2 or other palm oil selling market in lagos?

Will appreciate if the questions are answered as stated
Thank you
chai
oga this questions no be here o, lol.... anyhow sha make I attempt them small small
oil is 8000-8500 in osun and ondo state presently. it's bout 8500-9k in benin

8 of 25 litres makes a blue drum of oil(200litres)

the wholesale price depends on location, Abuja, kaduna, and Lagos tops the list of good buyers
transportation is 500-1000 per keg to lagos from stated location. it's good to use a chattered vehicle (full load)

the selling price in Lagos is a function of grade, first grade is 10500, second grade is 9k to 10k
hope I've answered almost all, please lemme know if any of your questions is not attended to.
God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2018
Richiez:
Donparosky the tested and trusted palm oil dealer...this is a nice thread... Good meeting point for genuine palm oil dealers and newbies.
awwww
oga MI!!!!!
Thanks for the compliments. slow but steady we moving.
please feel free to make contributions and remember us in your prayers.
God bless our hustles
Re: Palm Oil by Preciousseed(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Thanks for this thread @Donparosky. I am looking forward to sharpening my sword here towards expanding my knowledge in this business.
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Preciousseed:
Thanks for this thread @Donparosky. I am looking forward to sharpening my sword here towards expanding my knowledge in this business.
you the boss sir..... let's do it together
God bless our hustles
Re: Palm Oil by fabulouslove(f): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Thanks for opening another thread. Following keening
Re: Palm Oil by nuggybabe(f): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Don parosky, long time. I missed U, missed d palm oil thread. Pls lets keep the thread going. Ur threads really motivated me, so educative
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
fabulouslove:
Thanks for opening another thread. Following keening
you welcome
it's a way of keeping us together.......
a new lesson session will begin shortly
God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
nuggybabe:
Don parosky, long time. I missed U, missed d palm oil thread. Pls lets keep the thread going. Ur threads really motivated me, so educative
awwwe
thanks dear, the educative part is really my passion.
Am starting a fresh new session tonight!!!
Those that missed the first batch has the opportunity to start all over again.
God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by Moneyfem: 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
Boss, some people say palm oil won't skyrocket this year also. What is your projection as regards the price for this year?
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
Moneyfem:
Boss, some people say palm oil won't skyrocket this year also. What is your projection as regards the price for this year?
well the certainty it will skyrocket is high looking at the trend but as I usually say, business is all bout risk !!
the proposed ban on importation is already forcing the price higher than it should at this season.
just take the risk and be ready for the outcome!!!
God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by Moneyfem: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2018
I think we're in Palm oil season now. The price of 25L should have fallen to like 4k but no sign of coming down. The prevailing market price now is about 9k. Why in this very hot season?

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by Preciousseed(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2018
Moneyfem:
Please let this not be your primary reason for going into this business so that you don't regret it or even blame others when things go south tomorrow. Your primary reason should be things like using if as a means of saving your money, a means of meeting needs, a means of preserving seasonal product etc. If the price rises in the course of time, then fine and good.
2017 was a good learning year for anyone that stored palm oil.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Oil by Preciousseed(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2018
Moneyfem:
Please let this not be your primary reason for going into this business so that you don't regret it or even blame others when things go south tomorrow. Your primary reason should be things like using it as a means of saving your money, a means of meeting needs, a means of preserving seasonal product etc. If the price rises in the course of time, then fine and good.
Re: Palm Oil by Preciousseed(m): 7:12am On Mar 10, 2018
Moneyfem:
I think we're in Palm oil season now. The price of 25L should have fallen to like 4k but no sign of coming down. The prevailing market price now is about 9k. Why in this very hot season?
This might not be unconnected to the recent body language of law makers on the importation palm oil. They are looking at closing the borders against importation of palm oil. As such, there is panic. This is obviously the impact of government policy.
Secondly, a visit to the hinterlands to observe the production level of palm trees, availability of fruits, etc will reveal the reason to this more. In all, fingers are crossed.
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2018
Preciousseed:

Please let this not be your primary reason for going into this business so that you don't regret it or even blame others when things go south tomorrow. Your primary reason should be things like using it as a means of saving your money, a means of meeting needs, a means of preserving seasonal product etc. If the price rises in the course of time, then fine and good.
you've said it all
thats all bro....... I'd just add that passion drives you to do the unthinkable. don't do business for profit alone, be passionate about what you doing. that's the secret that drives you even when things seem bad.
God bless our hustles
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2018
Moneyfem:
its really not adding up based on previous experiences but one thing is certain, the price won't drop as expected after the Easter celebration. it will keep soaring cos fruits are really very scarce.
you'd agree with me that oil palm fruits are indigenous to the coastal plains of South south and South eastern states with some extensions in ogun and oyo states.
in all this locations, the yield is highest during march-April but as I type this, some states in the south and east are experiencing very low yield and harvest of fruits.
it's an indication that apart from the govt policy, environmental and weather conditions, breed as well as yield is also affecting the price. it's going to be an interesting year for the risk takers. No one should do it cos someone asked you, take your time and plot your graphs.
God bless our hustles.....
Re: Palm Oil by sanod(m): 2:34am On Mar 13, 2018
Nice one, donparosky

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by uboma(m): 4:48am On Mar 14, 2018
Someone I know very well reported buying a keg of Palm Oil @ 7,500.

The location is Ikom, Cross River State.
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 9:57am On Mar 14, 2018
uboma:
Someone I know very well reported buying a keg of Palm Oil @ 7,500.

The location is Ikom, Cross River State.
Ikom, akampa and it's environs sell at 8k to 8500. To get it at #7500 you'd need to go into the interior villages to buy but the cost of bringing them out to town would still amount to same . most people at Ikom would just prefer to go to trailer park and buy at a Lil high cost than go through the stress.
Re: Palm Oil by uboma(m): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
donparosky:
Ikom, akampa and it's environs sell at 8k to 8500. To get it at #7500 you'd need to go into the interior villages to buy but the cost of bringing them out to town would still amount to same . most people at Ikom would just prefer to go to trailer park and buy at a Lil high cost than go through the stress.

Noted.

Thanks for the info.

I am presently at Ikom, Cross River State....
Re: Palm Oil by Callmeboss(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Blessing to the soul that opened this trend.

The DON I hail thee.

Am a young oil farmer have been doing the business a long while now though in my environs. Now I wanna expand as in exporting oil to anywhere in Nigeria from Akwa Ibom where the family mill is located.

Please if you know any buyer that I can supply to or if interested please ring me anytime.
Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Callmeboss:
Blessing to the soul that opened this trend.

The DON I hail thee.

Am a young oil farmer have been doing the business a long while now though in my environs. Now I wanna expand as in exporting oil to anywhere in Nigeria from Akwa Ibom where the family mill is located.

Please if you know any buyer that I can supply to or if interested please ring me anytime.
bless you too boss
let's keep it rolling sir

1 Like

Re: Palm Oil by donparosky(m): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2018
OK guys
Here we go.... price updates
it's 7500 to 8k in Akwa ibom
kaduna 10500
Lagos 10000-11000
Kano is 10800
Zaria is 1050
ogun is 9800-10200
port Harcourt is 9500-10000
Enugu is 9500
illorin is 10000
kogi is 10800 and 11000 for igala oil
that's the price updates
feel free to add yours......
God bless our hustles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’ll Be Self Sufficient In Rice Production By Nov – Ogbeh / Goat Farming : Zero Grazing & Urban Goat Farming / The Best Species Of Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.