Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

How To Be Fashionable Without Money - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Be Fashionable Without Money (787 Views)

5ways To Be Fashionable / Reasons Why Teens Want To Be Fashionable! / The Sexiest Beach Wears - How To Be Fashionable To The Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Fashionable Without Money by lajut: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
Guys!! you can be broke and stylish, how? keep reading.

One of the biggest misconceptions that exist about fashion is that it requires money. Well yes! to some extent it does, but trust me, you can be fashionable without loads of money.

Being broke can be annoying. However, if you are broke long enough, you actually learn a different approach to money that can be rewarding in the long term. When you don’t have extra money It makes you mindful and aware of what you really need and what is frivolous.

And it forces you to make do with what you have, so let’s get to it.

HOW TO BE FASHIONABLE WITHOUT MONEY
Learn to Thrift: I used to love to go the market to shop when I was younger, but at some point I preferred going to the boutiques and shopping online, but after I moved back to Nigeria and the Economy went from a 100 to 0, the dollar went high, prices of everything tripled, we could not order online with our Naira cards anymore. I decided to start thrifting again and I was amazed at the amazing, unique pieces I found. Don’t get me wrong, I still do shop in those places, but In recent times I learnt how to thrift in the market. See a top I got thrifing HERE

Plan and Budget: I literally plan my month, I plan everything I need to do, places I need to go,Restaurant I think I want to visit to spoil myself and I have a set budget for everything. Obviously you need to leave extra cash In case something comes up like friends wanting to go out and any Emergencies. Trust me, this is very hard, but it works perfectly.
Write down Items you need to get: I do this a lot, Maybe you need a bag, white jeans or anything else, write them down in a hierarchy in small book so when you get extra money you can get them and tick it off your list. I find this really helpful because in months I can get everything on my list and feel like I actually used my money wisely. As we all know, money can vanish in seconds and you won’t even know what you used it for.

Go shopping in your closet: Go into your closet, take out everything and rearrange. You would find things you have forgotten about: that skirt you bought a few years ago, the T-shirt your friend gave you as a birthday present, Just take a Saturday or Sunday off to do this. Give to the orphanage or friend’s items you do not want anymore and even if you do not find anything, at least you cleaned your closet.
Find out where sales happen: I know when all the sales online and in my favorite shops happens. Ask the shops you buy from, subscribe to their mail list so you get notified when sales begin and follow their social media. I am very good at this lol! I can get a top that was 50 dollars when it reduces to 10 or 5 during the sales. Will wait on it and I am not joking about it.

Learn how to sew or get a good, affordable tailor: I don’t know about you, but If I want something I will go out and find it. If you can’t sew then find an affordable tailor. I do this a lot recently because I love some trends and it’s just cheaper to sew than buy at the moment. See What a tailor made for me HERE and HERE

Shop the classics and save for them: I have a list of expensive Items I want and I save to get each one of them, write them down and when you have excess money buy them. I love shoes and bags and always save to get them and even when I am broke and I go out wearing one, you will think I am a bag of money lol. So treat yourself to designer pieces you truly love once in a while.
learn to mix and match: You can wear a 500 Naira top and a 2000 Naira skirt and you look hot like Million bucks. Most of the time it is always about the perfect pairing.

Be confident: Wear your clothes with confidence. After dressing up, walk tall with pride. No! You might not be carrying a Chanel or Lv swag at the moment, but you are still looking good, so enjoy it.

I know being broke and trying to be stylish can be annoying but Girl!!! This is the reason we are all working hard. We are all young and hungry with ambition and everything will be perfect in time. It is a process Never Forget that.

Related post: https://www.larisalefleur.com/2017/12/03/ella-body-dress-every-girl.html
Related post: https://www.larisalefleur.com/2017/11/28/five-misconceptions-about-bloggers.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be Fashionable Without Money by brucebevilaNG(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
My daughter does this. She learnt how to sew and it is amazing how much money she is savingsmiley She also tends to be much more creative since she has started doing this! I am proud of her as a father and an investor of her wardrobe grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Be Fashionable Without Money by lajut: 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
You are a good father cheesy

brucebevilaNG:
My daughter does this. She learnt how to sew and it is amazing how much money she is savingsmiley She also tends to be much more creative since she has started doing this! I am proud of her as a father and an investor of her wardrobe grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley
Re: How To Be Fashionable Without Money by brucebevilaNG(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
lajut:
You are a good father cheesy

It is good education. She learnt not to spend too much on outlooks. If I have to buy her books, I will!

(1) (Reply)

Unique Blazer Styles For Your Corporate Wear (photos) / Ladies Check This Out...guys Don't Peep / Italian Men Suit | Nike Airmax 2017 Shoe | Customized Shirts | Ankara Bag & Shoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.