Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? (1284 Views)

Honda Civic 2007 Air Fuel Ration Sensor & Heater Oxygen Sensor Needed / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Urgent Request For Oxygen Sensor Defouler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by obmade: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
can the absence of indomie trigger oxygen sensor error?
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by Alvin007: 6:43am On Mar 09, 2018
obmade:
can the absence of indomie trigger oxygen sensor error?

Which of the indomie?...the instant noddles or the hungry man size? cheesy
What codes did you get?

2 Likes

Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by obmade: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2018
Alvin007:

Which of the indomie?...the instant noddles or the hungry man size? cheesy
What codes did you get?
Lol!

Bro I got codes P0014, 0016, P2757.

If Oxygen sensor error does not show up, does it mean you "Indomie" is intact? (Besides, is "indomie same thing as catalytic converter?"wink
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by Alvin007: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2018
obmade:
Lol!

Bro I got codes P0014, 0016, P2757.

If Oxygen sensor error does not show up, does it mean you "Indomie" is intact? (Besides, is "indomie same thing as catalytic converter?"wink

My brother, these codes are camshaft and transmission(solenoid) codes. And yes, ‘indomie’ is the same as ‘catalyst’ instant noddles. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by obmade: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
grin grin Catalyst instant noodles! Very funny cheesy

Thanks very much bro. If Oxygen sensor error does not show up, does it mean the catalytic converter is intact? @gazzuzz you dey? Regards.
Alvin007:

My brother, these codes are camshaft and transmission(solenoid) codes. And yes, ‘indomie’ is the same as ‘catalyst’ instant noddles. grin
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by Alvin007: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
obmade:
grin grin Catalyst instant noodles! Very funny cheesy

Thanks very much bro. If Oxygen sensor error does not show up, does it mean the catalytic converter is intact? @gazzuzz you dey? Regards.

O2(oxygen) sensor codes vary...but the best way to ascertain the presence or absence of a catalyst converter is mostly through physical inspection..coz the p0420 catalyst code might not pop up until all other pressing codes are dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by obmade: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
Thank you my brother. Your explanation is very helpful.
Alvin007:

O2(oxygen) sensor codes vary...but the best way to ascertain the presence or absence of a catalyst converter is mostly through physical inspection..coz the p0420 catalyst code might not pop up until all other pressing codes are dealt with.
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by 2cicily: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
My brother, the absence of catalytic converter shld nt affect oxygen sensor.
People need to understand d functn of this catalytic coverter as it doesn't affect d fuel consumptn.
Its there jst to trap toxic gases and allow less toxic ones to b emmitted tru d exhust.
While oxygen sensor feeds d ECM with d amount of O2 emitted to control d fuel/air ratio for sharp combustn.
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by Alvin007: 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
2cicily:
My brother, the absence of catalytic converter shld nt affect oxygen sensor.
People need to understand d functn of this catalytic coverter as it doesn't affect d fuel consumptn.
Its there jst to trap toxic gases and allow less toxic ones to b emmitted tru d exhust.
While oxygen sensor feeds d ECM with d amount of O2 emitted to control d fuel/air ratio for sharp combustn.
The absence of the catalyst converter affects the readings of the oxygen sensors, which affects the Fuel trims..(in modern cars)..in other words..it can affect fuel consumption.
Re: Can Error Code For Oxygen Sensor Appear When Exhaust "Indomie" Is Absent? by dayla(m): 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Know it can show but if the idomie is not dere it will suck ur fuel

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Honest Opinion People! / Top Five Cursed And Haunted Cars, You Wont Believe No. 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.