Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62142 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
edoman2016:

You were very arrogant and rude to the client. Without your clients, you are a nobody and will be out of business. From time immemorial, everyone can not be polite and humble. Who cares? As long as the job get done and get paid. How many minutes will it take you to write your name, enter the estate, pick the rider and collect your money.

Though I like your diary, but we must be frank to ourselves as adults when we made a mistake. As rich as Dangote, he won't turn down a client just like that. There is a saying " customer is king" in business. If you have your own company in future, I will see if you will reject a contract just because their secretary or security officer insult you.
you sound like the type that would speak to people in a condescending manner under the guise of customer is always right. Anyways, don't know if we read the same epistle but I noticed he didn't say a word to the client. It was all in his mind... So instead of looking for faults and whom to give your no so needed advice, I recommend you seat back and enjoy the epistle. We don't have to make too much meaning out of everything; it would only make us sad hypocrites( I hope you're not one)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
lol. slay queen
Romeo I saw this on Instagram... I felt I should let u know Incase you didn't give rights.

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2018
Dramadiddy:
yea most estates on the island will have u write ur name before u enter. some estates have estates inside and you'll still be writing name as you're going lol. crazy people
I once followed a family friend to VGC to see his friend. After the traffic to get to the estate's gate, we were interrogated at the gate then directed to one office not too far from the gate to go and collect visitors pass(ah.... Shey Na president we de go beg for money Abi Na our age mate we go visit?) I dunno if the practice is still there sha. That was around 2015.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2018

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Dramadiddy(m): 10:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I once followed a family friend to VGC to see his friend. After the traffic to get to the estate's gate, we were interrogated at the gate then directed to one office not too far from the gate to go and collect visitors pass(ah.... Shey Na president we de go beg for money Abi Na our age mate we go visit?) I dunno if the practice is still there sha. That was around 2015.
it's worse now because u can call the name of the person u're gonna visit and end up robbing the person so some estates would tell you to tell the visitor to call their official line to let u in
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by LimeLyte: 2:57am On Apr 01, 2018
Hi Romeo,you are doing a great job. Thanks for entertaining us.. Please can i use a lexus es 330 for Uber? I don't have any experience and I would be so grateful if you could couch me as a newbie .. Thanks in advance.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by dejidotun2000(m): 5:35am On Apr 01, 2018
The rider paid cash. What if he claims to have given you #5500 instead of the #4500 he actually gave ?
Just wondering...

Romeo3:

"we normally don't pay more than 4200. Just take this 4500. I didn't expect it to get to this. I like your service, i hope to call you some other time"

He finished his lecture, and i collected the 4,500. I reversed out of his compound and parked beside his gate. Brought out my phone and narrated to uber, how after driving this man for over an hour, to this dead zone, he has refused - while speaking English - to pay his complete fare. While I was still there, uber refunded me the complete balance. He will surely wake up to see a deficit on his account, which he must agree to pay, before he takes the next uber ride....
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by JeffreyJames(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2018
edoman2016:

If you continue with your arrogance, it will be hard for you to progress from Uber driver. Even Uber company can not say they choose who they will serve as far as a good client is ready to pay for their services. You think if the cancellation and disappointment of Uber taxi is hgh and frequent, clients won't switch to their competitors?

I won't blame you. You are just a Uber driver. Hence, you can't understand the efforts of Uber to promote their brand and stay ahead of their competitors such as taxify etc. When you start your own taxi company, your orientation about running the business will change.

Bros, everything is not about money abeg. And knowing your worth is not arrogance. If you are ready to lick the ass of a client and drink his pee to go with it all cos of money,that's your business. But don't impose that your own on another person. In some businesses, customer is NEVER king. He has the right as the Uber driver and owner of his car to cancel a request at 1am if he doesn't feel comfortable with it. If Customer was truly king to Uber,I don't think there would even be a Cancel request option from the driver's end in the first place.

Stop worshipping money.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bassette(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2018
Romeo3:
I am not under obligation to serve anyone. I am risking my life enough at that time of the night. I choose who I will serve at that time of the night. I refuse to be stressed out by any client at 1:30 am.

Call me rude or arrogant, i follow my instincts first before any amount I am to be paid. I did not feel comfortable with how i was being spoken to condescendingly. I have rights as a driver. In options for cancellation, it is clearly stated as an option "I do not wish to serve this client". Mind you, i never replied the client. Everything I write is the way it plays in my head, and not how i say it. My own safety first.

Customer isnt always king. That phrase is wrong and should be totally rephrased. We are always encouraged to report rude riders. If they are kings and always right, no one would ask anyone to report them. That stupid phrase is the same reason a female rider could assault a driver at night and go scot free with it because she is a radio OAP and some people believed she is right. I dont have to accept rudeness in my line of duty because you think "customer is king". And yes, i can choose to reject a contract if I am insulted. And yes, i have once walked a man out of my car for being rude to me. I know my worth. It's far above any money to be collected at that time of the night.

Cheers
I admire your response brother. The guy above who wrote the 'righteous than thou' reply to your earlier post has been served. At 1:30am someone talks to you like that is a No No sir!

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2018
Dramadiddy:
it's worse now because u can call the name of the person u're gonna visit and end up robbing the person so some estates would tell you to tell the visitor to call their official line to let u in
o boy.... It's all for security sha... And all those unexpected visitors can't just barge in. Except of course y'all stay in same estate. However it's still too hectic.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2018
edoman2016:

If you continue with your arrogance, it will be hard for you to progress from Uber driver. Even Uber company can not say they choose who they will serve as far as a good client is ready to pay for their services. You think if the cancellation and disappointment of Uber taxi is hgh and frequent, clients won't switch to their competitors?

I won't blame you. You are just a Uber driver. Hence, you can't understand the efforts of Uber to promote their brand and stay ahead of their competitors such as taxify etc. When you start your own taxi company, your orientation about running the business will change.
I'm pretty sure you are the one who called him that night. What exactly is your problem? My brother, never let any man with same amount of head as you step over you. Know your worth as a service provider and learn to respect those who work to give you a great experience. Alot of companies will throw a customer out if he misbehaves. Uber is nothing without drivers and their cars and they know this that is why they have as much rights as the customers and even more. The person driving you on Uber could be someone whose level you are nowhere close to. Alot of them just love to drive and decided to make some little money from their passion.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by edoman2016: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2018
You guys that are quoting my comment and criticizing me repeatedly for correcting the mistakes of the OP are so annoying.

The fact is the message has been passed and the OP has read it. So let bygone be bygone and everyone continue to enjoy the dairy. We are all good.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Clefayomide: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2018
Romeo3:
I am not under obligation to serve anyone. I am risking my life enough at that time of the night. I choose who I will serve at that time of the night. I refuse to be stressed out by any client at 1:30 am.

Call me rude or arrogant, i follow my instincts first before any amount I am to be paid. I did not feel comfortable with how i was being spoken to condescendingly. I have rights as a driver. In options for cancellation, it is clearly stated as an option "I do not wish to serve this client". Mind you, i never replied the client. Everything I write is the way it plays in my head, and not how i say it. My own safety first.

Customer isnt always king. That phrase is wrong and should be totally rephrased. We are always encouraged to report rude riders. If they are kings and always right, no one would ask anyone to report them. That stupid phrase is the same reason a female rider could assault a driver at night and go scot free with it because she is a radio OAP and some people believed she is right. I dont have to accept rudeness in my line of duty because you think "customer is king". And yes, i can choose to reject a contract if I am insulted. And yes, i have once walked a man out of my car for being rude to me. I know my worth. It's far above any money to be collected at that time of the night.

Cheers

I really do love your self esteem

U must be a graduate?, if I'm right.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bily(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2018
Clefayomide:

grin grin grin

A large percentage of drivers on Uber are graduates and they own the cars they drive. so never look down on Uber drivers.

11 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2018

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by eldee365: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
I read this diary every day, it's like a ritual!
I laugh so hard grin grin
@op take am easy, make my laugh no finish grin lemme see laugh I will laugh next year grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by happney65: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clefayomide:

There we go again..Hyping so-call graduates unnecessarily..What has having self esteem got to do with being a graduate?A lot of people who are not graduates nor smell the four walls of a tertiary institution have self esteem and you cannot talk to them anyhow....I am sure you will be among those who look down on artisans,taxi drivers,roadside sellers or people who do not seem to be on the same level with you..

Oshisko..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Olalekank(m): 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
happney65:

There we go again..Hyping so-call graduates unnecessarily..What has having self esteem got to do with being a graduate?A lot of people who are not graduates nor smell the four walls of a tertiary institution have self esteem and you cannot talk to them anyhow....I am sure you will be among those who look down on artisans,taxi drivers,roadside sellers or people who do not seem to be on the same level with you..

Oshisko..

I kid you not!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Clefayomide: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
happney65:

Oshisko..

Hey take it easy sir/ma
D part where I asked if he was a graduate has nothing to do with his self esteem
Of course a roadside seller might have high self esteem than a graduate who has a PhD in self esteem
I asked if he was a graduate cos of the way he writes, he's a very good writer.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by happney65: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clefayomide:

Hey take it easy sir/ma
D part where I asked if he was a graduate has nothing to do with his self esteem
Of course a roadside seller might have high self esteem than a graduate who has a PhD in self esteem
I asked if he was a graduate cos of the way he writes, he's a very good writer.

OK

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by hotmomma(f): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
OMG, Romeo3 your diary is so much fun to read. Very refreshing, pls keep it up.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2018

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2018

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Romeo3:
29,500 now.... 10,500 to go.

Trying to give my destiny some sharwarma, enough strength to go on. grin

Your vehicle's odometer, would soon go back counting from 000000........

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:03am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2018

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On Apr 02, 2018
Romeo3:
I go change am. grin

After successfully chasing N40K a day..... 40K * 10 days = nabeans?

Even those wearing tie and suit, nah only tie and suit then den dey see.....

Then get AC for office, you too get AC for your office.....

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:14am On Apr 02, 2018

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Lexusgs430: 12:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Romeo3:
Na only 76 hrs I do o. wht if I had done 100?

Imagine..... You would need to employ me as your accountant + masseurs.........
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Lexusgs430: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2018
Romeo3:
Na only 76 hrs I do o. wht if I had done 100?

Also imagine if traffic congestion was not a hinderance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / Plane Carrying Coronavirus Supplies To Japan Crashes & Explodes, Eight Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.