Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62109 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Peromnia: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
tolusan:

I will not bother about the snide remarks. I like to focus on the issues. So, if I get you clearly, a person who photographs, for instance, the torn zipper of the attire I'm wearing, which tends to demean or embarass me and posts same on social nedia without my knowledge has not violated my right to privacy?

If this romeo's case doesn't qualify as violation of privacy rights, I wonder what would. This is so simple that you'll need some help (or some very high IQ) to miss it.

The photo which I suppose led to the ban captured a portion of the lady rider's bum, and you say she'll be happy if she found out that a cab driver whom she paid, took photos of such sensitive body parts and posted same online without her consent?

You say such crass violation is not actionable in law, either as a tort or in an action for enforcement of Section 37 of the Constitution? Btw, it is not defamation. Defamation refers to spoken or written words/publication.

Say for instance, I take a man's photo when he's sleeping with his mouth agape and it lands on a forum like this without his consent. Do you honestly think that he'd not express some dissatisfaction if same was brought to his attention.

In fact, in other climes, "it is an offence for a person to knowingly photograph, or cause to be photographed an individual, when the individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy, without the prior effective consent of the individual, if the photograph would offend or embarrass an ordinary person if such person appeared in the photograph. "

It is irrelevant that the full picture of the person is not taken. At the very most, this factor would go to quantum of damages recoverable.

However, if you still hold your views, you're perfectly within your rights and I'll respect them.

@the bolded. Let's keep the conversation decent, insulting language or condescending remarks don't improve arguments, it rather destroys meaningful engagement.

Cheers.

It is my sublime hope that you are not even related to any law student let alone a lawyer.

How could you cite privacy here? Whose privacy are you talking about when only a torn shirt was shown?

What more private can it be when the "victim" cannot even be identified?.

I cringe at your citing defamation. Let me indulge and educate you that one of the essential elements of defamation is publication.
How could publication be established in this instance when the "victim" is unknown?

This is crass ignorance and you seem incorrigible. That dude romeo3 you all are casting aspersions on is way more intelligent than you ne'er-do-wells.

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Gerrard59(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Peromnia:

It is my sublime hope that you are not even related to any law student let alone a lawyer.

How could you cite privacy here? Whose privacy are you talking about when only a torn shirt was shown?

I cringe at your citing defamation. Let me indulge and educate you that one of the essential elements of defamation is publication.
How could publication be established in this instance when the "victim" is unknown?

This is crass ignorance and you seem incorrigible. That dude romeo3 you all are casting aspersions on is way more intelligent than you ne'er-do-wells.

On the contrary, he's a senior lawyer at a top tier law firm.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Dramadiddy(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
tolusan:

I will not bother about the snide remarks. I like to focus on the issues. So, if I get you clearly, a person who photographs, for instance, the torn zipper of the attire I'm wearing, which tends to demean or embarass me and posts same on social nedia without my knowledge has not violated my right to privacy?

If this romeo's case doesn't qualify as violation of privacy rights, I wonder what would. This is so simple that you'll need some help (or some very high IQ) to miss it.

The photo which I suppose led to the ban captured a portion of the lady rider's bum, and you say she'll be happy if she found out that a cab driver whom she paid, took photos of such sensitive body parts and posted same online without her consent?

You say such crass violation is not actionable in law, either as a tort or in an action for enforcement of Section 37 of the Constitution? Btw, it is not defamation. Defamation refers to spoken or written words/publication.

Say for instance, I take a man's photo when he's sleeping with his mouth agape and it lands on a forum like this without his consent. Do you honestly think that he'd not express some dissatisfaction if same was brought to his attention.

In fact, in other climes, "it is an offence for a person to knowingly photograph, or cause to be photographed an individual, when the individual has a reasonable expectation of privacy, without the prior effective consent of the individual, if the photograph would offend or embarrass an ordinary person if such person appeared in the photograph. "

It is irrelevant that the full picture of the person is not taken. At the very most, this factor would go to quantum of damages recoverable.

However, if you still hold your views, you're perfectly within your rights and I'll respect them.

@the bolded. Let's keep the conversation decent, insulting language or condescending remarks don't improve arguments, it rather destroys meaningful engagement.

Cheers.

that guy is daft abeg. English is not a test of intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 12, 2018
Peromnia:

Chief Chimezie. I took time to read through your other comments/posts elsewhere and, sadly, hurling insults is your stock in trade. No meaningful engagement can come out of this. Thank you.

You need to calm down and tolerate differing views. That is the hallmark of professional advocates. We convince by logic and authorities. We don't muscle by insults and cheap English.

Have a nice day.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by BetaThings: 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
Peromnia:

For instance, what is the rationale for having a restriction on Muslim threads whereas none exists for Christian yet the owner claims to be an atheist?

A major problem with Nigerians is that we comment without understanding context
Have you actually bothered to find out from the owner and the Christian moderators who plotted to have the restriction inspite of the strident objection of Muslims

If you are truly forthright I challenge you to investigate the history of the restriction and post your finding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bily(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
BetaThings:

Have you actually bothered to find out from the owner and the Christian moderators who plotted to have the restriction inspite of the strident objection of Muslims

If you are truly forthright I challenge you to investigate the history of the restriction and post your finding

Are you seriously implying it was Christians that requested people swear an oath of allegiance to Allah before anyone can post in Nairaland Muslim section

Where those so called Christians high on manna? Or you are a comedian

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Peromnia: 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
BetaThings:

No history, I reiterate can justify such restriction on muslim threads without same on christians'
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Peromnia: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
bily:

Are you seriously implying it was Christians that requested people swear an oath of allegiance to Allah before anyone can post in Nairaland Muslim section

Leave that guy. He is probably one of those armpits in this country. Those that wash their phallus every morning.. Unsightly beings. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by BetaThings: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2018
Peromnia:

Leave that guy. He is probably one of those armpits in this country. Those that wash their phallus every morning.. Unsightly beings. Gosh!

I actually thought you were capable of civil discourse
I am grossly mistaken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by BetaThings: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2018
bily:

Why are Nigerians like this
Is it so difficult to find out the truth? Why just assume
Why don't do yourself a favour and clear the air

bily:

"So-called"?
So moderators of Christians sections are not atheists?
Nigeria is in trouble

As for comedy, the joke is on you
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bily(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2018
BetaThings:

Why are Nigerians like this
Is it so difficult to find out the truth? Why just assume
Why don't do yourself a favour and clear the air

"So-called"?
So moderators of Christians sections are not atheists?
Nigeria is in trouble

As for comedy, the joke is on you

Yes, they are 'so called'
A Christian should have no business in oath taking in another religion

Same reason a Muslim who campaigns for people to start signing oath of allegiance to Jesus before posting in Christian section is a 'so called' Muslim too.

So the joke is really on you. tongue grin
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by nelson7777: 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
quietly unfollowing d thread..

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by pomide(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
R.I.P to this thread, it was a worthwhile read while it lasted...

*unfollows thread*
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Peromnia: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
BetaThings:

I actually thought you were capable of civil discourse
I am grossly mistaken.

Cretin. Only a dimwit will support such double standard as seen in Muslim and Christian threads.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Bigbeard(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2018
Romeo3:
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 and any other moderator who has the power to delete this thread, I plead that this thread be deleted.

I have accepted my wrongdoing. I did not protest the ban even if I wasn't happy about it. I have done the time. I am sorry I shared my experiences here. It's a mistake that won't be repeated. I was banned for 48 hrs without a warning. Offenders are normally banned for 2 hrs with a warning, and a harsher and lengthier ban follows if the warnings are not heeded. But I was banned outrightly. No wahala. Its past now. Pls delete all.

To those that have felt insulted by the experiences and pictures that I posted, I am sorry. You have written epistles about why i should be sanctioned and why the ban should have been harsher. I agree. Pls prevail on the moderators to delete my contents and let's forget this ugly episode ever happened.

If this thread and my contents aren't removed by my request, I will manually commence to do so, no matter how tedious it may seem.

You said I invaded privacy.... No faces were shown. No home addresses revealed. No real names revealed. No street names revealed. Pictures I took were all in public. None were private. I have never revealed anyone's personal information and I will never. Things i write about are all true, but i write them in the way it happens in my head. I have never insulted a rider, I have never made fun of them verbally.

All you read happens in my head.

Nairaland isn't the end. It was the beginning. I am grateful to everyone who has been very supportive. The calls and messages are all appreciated. It's time for me to move on and expand my horizons. It has already started. I can't be stopped, but on nairaland it's over.

Pls oblige my request to delete my contents... Thank you.

To those who may want to read more of my experiences, I have my own site now. It is being brought up to speedy updates so that the stories can all be synchronized across the social media handles I use.

Blogsite: diaryofalagosuberdriver. com

Instagram: @diary_of_a_lagos_uber_driver

Facebook: diary of a Lagos uber driver

Twitter: @romeonl.

The moderators high handedness has to stop.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by OkoAnike(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
Romeo3, I was seriously hoping you will be man enough never to post anything on naira land.

After all your ranting, it's unfortunate...

Again, I wish you all the very best in life.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Seun360(m): 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
OkoAnike:
Romeo3, I was seriously hoping you will be man enough never to post anything on naira land.

After all your ranting, it's unfortunate...

Again, I wish you all the very best in life.

Hey, don't come and kill the fun.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by OkoAnike(m): 7:00am On Apr 26, 2018
Seun360:

Hey, don't come and kill the fun.

Young man, I enjoy this thread like everyone does and also a follower...

But that being said, life requires that you watch what you say when you are angry and be sure it's what you can stand by, even as a parent don't make a threat you can not actualize to kids else you will loose your standard. that's my concern and it should be seen as lesson learnt.

Have a wonderful day @work
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by okeymadu(m): 2:15pm On May 13, 2018
Dear MODs

I have been trying to reach Romeo3 for the past one week without success. All his onowns GSM numbers are either switched off or out-of-coverage.

I will not like my issues with him to be made a subject of online discussions. It will completely tarnish his image and paint whatever remaining reputation he has.

I therefore implore all the MODs to reach Romeo3 and ask him to immediately sort out all criminal issues he has with me before May 20, 2018.

If this doesn’t work, I will be constrained to put out the issue in the public and seek legal means.

Thanks
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by ableguy(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2018
Hmmmm, ghen ghen.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 8:13am On May 15, 2018
okeymadu:
Dear MODs

I have been trying to reach Romeo3 for the past one week without success. All his onowns GSM numbers are either switched off or out-of-coverage.

I will not like my issues with him to be made a subject of online discussions. It will completely tarnish his image and paint whatever remaining reputation he has.

I therefore implore all the MODs to reach Romeo3 and ask him to immediately sort out all criminal issues he has with me before May 20, 2018.

If this doesn’t work, I will be constrained to put out the issue in the public and seek legal means.

Thanks
Rather than coming to online to try and get needless publicity for dafamative matters, I recommend you fix your issues amicably with the person in question.
This comment here only shows that you want to bully and intimidate the plaintiff at all cost.
I recommend you act maturedly on this.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by okeymadu(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2018
Thanks for this contribution and I wish to confirm that he can no longer be reached on his known numbers.
Seeing that you have the patience to read the comments and make contributions, I’m requesting that you also direct same energy towards asking him to settle his debts.

It is comments like yours that encourage criminals like him to develop into nuisance giving all genuine hardworking young chaps bad names.

This information is to ensure that he doesn’t scam additional people.

As I promised, I will take it up appropriately after the expiration of the deadline. It would be both online and with necessary legal instruments.

Whilst I do not rule out the possibility that you are his friend, I suggest you advice him to quickly do the needful.

theAccountant:

Rather than coming to online to try and get needless publicity for dafamative matters, I recommend you fix your issues amicably with the person in question.
This comment here only shows that you want to bully and intimidate the plaintiff at all cost.
I recommend you act maturedly on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 16, 2018
okeymadu:
Thanks for this contribution and I wish to confirm that he can no longer be reached on his known numbers.
Seeing that you have the patience to read the comments and make contributions, I’m requesting that you also direct same energy towards asking him to settle his debts.

It is comments like yours that encourage criminals like him to develop into nuisance giving all genuine hardworking young chaps bad names.

This information is to ensure that he doesn’t scam additional people.

As I promised, I will take it up appropriately after the expiration of the deadline. It would be both online and with necessary legal instruments.

Whilst I do not rule out the possibility that you are his friend, I suggest you advice him to quickly do the needful.

I am glad you described the obligation as "debt" and not as fraud. Because even a goat knows that owing someone money is not a criminal offense in the Nigerian penal code.

To speak on his number being switched off, it's sad you come here to play the innocent lad, as if you don't know it's you who continued to intimidate him with calls of insults until he had no choice than to go offline to focus on trying to pay you in other to end the hooliganistic treatment you are currently putting up (I pity you).

It's not his fault that he got involved with the wrong business partner, you know what he has being through because of the wrong deal he entered with someone he met on this naiarland , now he is paying for the fraud of another person but your arrogant self, who believes he can write, wants to use social media to tarnish his reputation. I tell you, you are only being a child.

I preceive you've never had a law suit before, because if you have, you will know that if you bring your legal instruments and whatever, this matter would be in court till December this year. So I urge you, bring all the legal instruments at your disposal, bring your lawyer and get ready. You will realize at the end it is not everyone you can intimidate.

Mr Okey, you think you can tarnish another person's reputation without going in the mud as well? I'm sure your current employer would be very glad to know what you do with your spare time, and should this become a legal battle, I tell you I will be as desperate as you are now to spread the word on the whole internet, and I wouldnt hesitate to mention you and tag your employer (that bank.. )

Therefore Mr Okey, I urge you to treat your fellow man with some decency and be patient, don't be so desperate to make a statement that you shoot yourself on the leg.
Give the matter time and he will make good for the sins of another man in good fate.

I hope you understand

Best regards,

TheAccountant

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Coldplay007(f): 10:39pm On May 16, 2018
TO borrow or owe money easy.. Na payment hard..
When you dey owe you no know sey person they do shady thing for non work hours,,

To pay back debt now, you switched off your phones and you are now threatening original owner of money with an alternate account... LOL

Nigerians, I Hail you... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by okeymadu(m): 7:45am On May 17, 2018
When a thief masks himself to preach on the pulpit,, it won’t last for long before he is exposed.

I just checked @theAccountant posts history and determined that he also wrote “Diary of something like that”. See criminal on prowl on Nairaland.

You will know how far when the music starts playing.

I will post your friends picture so you can be sure that you and your friend (if not the same person) recognized that there’s no hiding place.

theAccountant:

I am glad you described the obligation as "debt" and not as fraud. Because even a goat knows that owing someone money is not a criminal offense in the Nigerian penal code.

To speak on his number being switched off, it's sad you come here to play the innocent lad, as if you don't know it's you who continued to intimidate him with calls of insults until he had no choice than to go offline to focus on trying to pay you in other to end the hooliganistic treatment you are currently putting up (I pity you).

It's not his fault that he got involved like with the wrong business partner, you know what he has being through because of the wrong deal he entered with someone he met on this naiarland , now he is paying for the fraud of another person but your arrogant self, who believes he can write, wants to use social media to tarnish his reputation. I tell you, you are only being a child.

I preceive you've never had a law suit before, because if you have, you will know that if you bring your legal instruments and whatever, this morning atter would be in court till December this year. So I urge you, bring all the legal instruments at your disposal, bring your lawyer and get ready. You will realize at the end it is not everyone you can intimidate.

Mr Okey, you think you can tarnish another person's reputation without going in the mud as well? I'm sure your current employer would be very glad to know what you do with your spare time, and should this become a legal battle, I tell you I will be as desperate as you are now to spread the word on the whole internet, and I wouldnt hesitate to mention you and tag your employer (that bank.. )

Therefore Mr Okey, I urge you to treat your fellow man with some decency and be patient, don't be so desperate to make a statement that you shoot yourself on the leg.
Give the matter time and he will make good for the sins of another man in good fate.

I hope you understand

Best regards,

TheAccountant
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 17, 2018
okeymadu:
When a thief masks himself to preach on the pulpit,, it won’t last for long before he is exposed.

I just checked @theAccountant posts history and determined that he also wrote “Diary of something like that”. See criminal on prowl on Nairaland.

You will know how far when the music starts playing.

I will post your friends picture so you can be sure that you and your friend (if not the same person) recognized that there’s no hiding place.

Bring on your favorite music Mr man; you will be doing a good part of the dancing.

Seems the only weapon you think you have is to go online and post pictures, what a shame on you, a supposed learned man. SMH. I guess education is more than just a degree after all.
But at the end, what we want is peace, not war. So I urge you to use amicable means to resolve this, and don't shame yourself in a bid to shame another.
A word is always enough for he who knows he doesn't know.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by okeymadu(m): 10:25pm On May 17, 2018
The deadline on my mind.

Then shall we see. Lol.

theAccountant:

Bring on your favorite music Mr man; you will be doing a good part of the dancing.

Seems the only weapon you think you have is to go online and post pictures, what a shame on you, a supposed learned man. SMH. I guess education is more than just a degree after all.
But at the end, what we want is peace, not war. So I urge you to use amicable means to resolve this, and don't shame yourself in a bid to shame another.
A word is always enough for he who knows he doesn't know.

Peace
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Talkingboy: 12:26pm On May 19, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 20, 2018
We are here.
Let's go.
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Triniti(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2018
It’s about to go down!!
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by willy2000(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2018
oya... today is 20th, its going down. it's going down......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Inside Kim Jong Un Luxury Van For Viewing Missile Launches / Man Cries Out After Seeing Overload Vehicle, Says "Road Safety Wont See This Now / Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.