Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,499 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink (39621 Views)

Woman Takes DNA Test, Learns Boyfriend Of Six Years Is Her Biological Brother / I'm About To Break Up My Relationship Of 3 Years Due To Indecent Dressing / My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Oreofepeters:
You dey ask wether they never fornicate? Na wa o your matter tire me. How full grown up man and woman go stay for 7 years nd no go bleep? Body no be firewood na

Mr Man if u nofit hol body go and marry
U must be a christian so go and look at I Corinthians 6:18------ where d Holy Bible said flee fornication
Everybody cannot be loose like u
So if u no fit hol body go and marry.....period

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by temmythourpe(f): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2018
Sit him down and tell him how you feel or if you cannot sit him down and tell him how u feel use d old method, write a letter nd give him to read in front of you, dont be insultive or complain, d way u talk goes a long way. Be calm no mata wat, den view his reply. How did he respond, did he open up to you and tell u d main issues, if he does and try to change, dont give up on him, pray for him and be calm wiv him, buh if he is non challant and still doesnt care abt ur opinion or ow u feel. Leave, dats a toxic relationship. You will find a better man. Believe in urself first b4 any other person will believe in you
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by trilobite: 8:56am On Mar 09, 2018
tosyne2much:
Hahaha.. Me no come dey for market baba cheesy

Ah!! Tosin get babe?!!!! Isalie!!!!
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Obdk: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=jbaby265 post=65673186]hello house please help a sister out.. my relationship of 6 to 7 years is about to crash..
I Love my man and he loves me too.. he stands by me in all times and I do the same for him too in fact our relationship is a typical example of grassroots relationship.. but recently I'm beginning to get frustrated at his attitude or should I say our attitude towards each other.. which is why I resorted to you guys.. this is a faceless forum so I feel comfortable to share my worries..

in recent years I found out that our quarrels, dispute, misunderstanding and bitterness has drastically increased and it bothers me alot.. he quarrel more often this days and can even stay up-to a month without communication.. he complains about everything I do and that's me angry.. AM NOT A SAINT HERE cos he complains of my non Challentless too.. but this our constant quarrels and misunderstanding is driving crazy.. I've cried and ask GOd to dissolve us if it's not his will for us to get married rather than us fighting all the time. HONESTLY AM CONFUSED PLEASE YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED. I love him and he loves me but we fight a lot.. our wedding is Sept ( still don't believe is possible though)..

[/quote
believe me d fight will fizzle out once u get married. it happens especially long term relationship. over familiarity wit need for change. d challenge and joy of marriage will change every thing for u guys believe me. I'm in a long term relationship too. we fight often and love eachother like mad. but we kno we re meant to be. and re not worried.
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by opelyem(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2018
jbaby265:
thanks guys.. you guys are really wonderful.. I've heard the good and better Advice..

I promise to post my pre wedding photos soon.. cos am really going to pray and work on it as most matured minds here advice.. thanks all

At first, I thought it is my fiancee that is posting about our relationship. But reading through your comments, I doubt it is her.

Anyways, suppose you break up and found another man, how many months will you court to know his characters which might be worst than ur current man?

Aunty, the truth is long term relationship always show these traits. Try to work on things you are doing that is contributing to the toxicity in ur relationship. If he stayed this 7 years, he really wants to marry you. STOP FEELING INSECURE.

Above all, what man wants from his woman is peace, please give it to him.
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:14am On Mar 09, 2018
genghiskhan007:

I hope u 2 are not fornicating
Abstain from pride, sauciness and put God first in the relationship
if u 2 have ever indulged in fornication, get on ya knees and ask God for fornication
Go and buy MISTAKES SINGLES MAKE IN COURTSHIP BY D.K. Olukoya
Use it and pray with it
Ask God to open ya eyes to see whether he is ya God-ordained husband
Sit down with him and request that he tells you your shortcomings, so you can make amends

Stay blessed
[Don't make yaself look desperate 4 marriage]
Receive sense!!!
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:15am On Mar 09, 2018
opelyem:

At first, I thought it is my fiancee that is posting about our relationship. But reading through your comments, I doubt it is her.

Anyways, suppose you break up and found another man, how many months will you court to know his characters which might be worst than ur current man?

Aunty, the truth is long term relationship always show these traits. Try to work on things you are doing that is contributing to the toxicity in ur relationship. If he stayed this 7 years, he really wants to marry you. STOP FEELING INSECURE.

Above all, what man wants from his woman is peace, please give it to him.

thank you sir
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=Obdk post=65685995][/quote]

I use to have that feeling too.. that everything will be fine once we tie the knot.. thanks
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by showstopperss(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2018
my dear...i feel your pain,but my question is have you both discussed the issue? communication is key, if you both really love another as said then you both has to take up responsibilities and COMMITMENT towards it to make it work, perhaps he or you is doing something the other does not like and you have not discussed it which will be building towers of anger inside your heart, even social factor this days is not helping but my candid advice is ensure you guys communicate, talk about whatsoever diff causing the issue and be ready to change for the good, marriage is for life and many things will pop up that will always bring issue but when you have a forgiven heart towards each other,all is well
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:18am On Mar 09, 2018
HerXLNC:

Your non challant attitude is a thing of worry simply because he loves you n he get hurt when u don't care about many things he felt shd be norm

7yrs relationship is not beans.... I feel it's ego that's killing both of you, sit him down and discuss this
1.how u can resolve quarrel in less than 24hrs
2.how you both should learn to say the unpalatable sorry
3.how the second person should not get angry when the first is angry.... Meaning both shd never get angry at d same time.... Beside the second person might start his/her anger when d first get over it
4. Never give an "I don't care attitude" it hurts badly

Play this role of sitting him down he ll accord u more respect for this

God bless you real good
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Unlimited22:

Ma'am y'all need to sit and talk. Something is bothering him, and like many an African man, he's hidden it so as not to appear weak. Could also be groom nerves. But you need to address this now, or it'll become a major issue in marriage.
Ignore all the naysayers and communicate with your man and ensure you're still compatible.
This is surmountable, no good thing comes without a price.
We look forward to seeing pre-wedding pictures and a nice ceremony.

wow.. thank you so much
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2018
YoungDaNaval:
Receive sense!!!

I should b d one telling u that, anyway.......

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2018
kc2hansome:

I wanted to wakapass but I have a direct experience on this issue.
There are two side to every story. Yours and his.
Pls disregard all these petty breakup advise from all these unmarried ladies on NL, you can at least consider the married ones, I wouldn't waste time to explain why...
From your narration I'm sensing you must have cheated on him at some point and maybe he too has.
I think true forgiveness is the problem here.
When a Lady cheats she tends to emotionally shutdown in her relationship, thus the "nonchalance" you mentioned that you usually exhibit.
He maybe forgave you but you kept acting up, till he lost patience and stopped giving a damn, hence his ability to stay 1month without communication.
A man doesn't keep malice some do but you should know if he falls under that category as 7years no be child's play.
When you talk and talk and someone keeps repeating the same thing, eventually you'll stop talking and also stop giving a damn.

My dear within that one month why didn't you call or do you think that the person who moves to reconcile is the fool??
Your relationship did not last for 7years by coincident someone was making the relevant sacrifices and i'm suspecting that it was him, you're only worked up and looking for solution now because he has turned the wheel around. He might have been taking lots of sh*t from you due to the love he has from you and begging you to change but you refused (maybe because u weren't affected directly then), the stage you are in the 7th year is the stage he was around the 4 or 5th year but you didn't care then becos whenever you started acting up, he was always the first to extend the hand of reconciliation.

I'll give you a known secret "A woman is the most important element in a relationship". If the woman is strong and wise, the relationship is strong and wise.
Drop ego, used more of your head than emotions when he is angry. Stir your relationship to the promise land, in this modern world, you saw a guy willing to invest 7whole years in one person and you're still having ego issues. Don't go value your relationship when its over cos you'll regret it.

thanks but I don't do any of the above.. we both invested do damn much..reasons we find it difficult to separate.. Ego is our major problem I must say
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by jbaby265(f): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2018
franchasng:
Hope you are gainfully employed If no, try and get something serious doing to start earning a living to encourage him to say I do.

Time have changed, things are no longer as easy as it used to be during our parents time or some decades ago, so every partner in marriage must be productive financially for the marriage to excel and flourish and pass the test of time.

Take my words, your man is financially worried.....he is under financial pressure which is causing him depression, so pray for him and if u have the means help him get out of the financial stress or mess so he can be the loving man u used to know.

Many men become depressed and pick fights with their woman when they are financially down. While some men do same when they are financially buoyant and tired of their old lover and looking for a way to breakup to get a new catch, so analyse your mans situation, is he financially okay at the moment

Lastly, you need to do all you can to look pretty and attractive; remember men are visual beings, they are moved by what they see....physical beauty and sexiness of a woman is very important to men.

Lastly, don't make yourself easily available to him sexually....most importantly, if u don't have any nice job now, try and get one or start a business or start now to learn a sustainable and profitable trade cos u need it.

Don't listen to what many are saying that u should breakup now, they think its easy, it maybe easy for a man but its never easy for a lady. Besides, finding a man ready to commit to a lady now is very difficult cos financial pressure and fear has made today men to become scared of commitment.

Something keeps telling me the problem is finance and maybe your man is worried u are not doing something good to earn a living and he is worried about the financial burden should he marry u...so he is scared and looking for a way to end the relationship but if u convince him otherwise by getting something good doing, he will change, that's if that's the case here which I suspect. Most men nowadays want to marry ladies who are gainfully employed, sadly that's the reality nowadays.

Wish u the best

finance YES .. thank you So much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by OhiOfIhima: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

7 years and not married? Haa! Patient dog eats the fattest bone
Madam, If you are priviledge to have a fruitful relatnshp dont castigate dose who doesnt.. At a point she said they love each other vr well, in a sane society where tins is working fine, it is sweet to get marry wen love is at it peak, for her case like wen they are 2-3yrs in relatnshp. Trust me, dey wish to but d situation surround make it impossible. D lady I dated for 4yrs now ex, wen we are 1-2yrs in friendship, I knw how we love each other but I can sacrify my Education den for her, so I need to let her go. Though she hasnt marry yet but I cant take her back again because she has mess up a big time... Nobody has intention of wasting time in getting marry if condition is favourable.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Temperance7(f): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2018
I want you to understand that this love of a thing, relationship, marriage, is a decision. It is not based on feelings or emotions or what should be. It is based on decisions the both of you make. It is time to sit down and evaluate, cross check and understand what both of you really want.
You may need to give him some time too, to sort himself out and you too use that time to sort yourself out. Get busy, when you're idle you become too conscious of unnecessary things. Be busy adding value to yourself, let him see for himself what he'll be missing by losing you.
Finally it is never too late to start again. Never be scared to break up. If he is not deserving of you, then let another come. God bless you. Peace
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by umuna(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2018
jbaby265:
hello house please help a sister out.. my relationship of 6 to 7 years is about to crash..
I Love my man and he loves me too.. he stands by me in all times and I do the same for him too in fact our relationship is a typical example of grassroots relationship.. but recently I'm beginning to get frustrated at his attitude or should I say our attitude towards each other.. which is why I resorted to you guys.. this is a faceless forum so I feel comfortable to share my worries..

in recent years I found out that our quarrels, dispute, misunderstanding and bitterness has drastically increased and it bothers me alot.. he quarrel more often this days and can even stay up-to a month without communication.. he complains about everything I do and that's me angry.. AM NOT A SAINT HERE cos he complains of my non Challentless too.. but this our constant quarrels and misunderstanding is driving crazy.. I've cried and ask GOd to dissolve us if it's not his will for us to get married rather than us fighting all the time. HONESTLY AM CONFUSED PLEASE YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED. I love him and he loves me but we fight a lot.. our wedding is Sept ( still don't believe is possible though)..

7 years is to long to date!

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by tosyne2much(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2018
divineappo:
tosyne2much don get babe ooo, I won't mention her sha.

so, just leave tosyne2much out of this matter, biko
Oyah mention her name let me see how smart you are tongue
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by tosyne2much(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2018
trilobite:

Ah!! Tosin get babe?!!!! Isalie!!!!
Baba go soon marry ooooo cheesy tongue
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Funkybabee(f): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2018
Na wedding expensens dey make him got angry jare

Sit him down and ask for anyway way u can help him with
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by divineappo(m): 10:14am On Mar 09, 2018
tosyne2much:
Oyah mention her name let me see how smart you are tongue
Lol

sorry not her name, but her monicker

u may not want me to do that bro
or should I?
am the guy u had a chat with, regarding BitCoin

u remember!
I told u she is cute for u
u used the DP of both of standing together, u wore a short-sleeve shirt

u remember?
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by empressruky(f): 10:21am On Mar 09, 2018
my one penny advice, change your approach towards him. Make it look like you are starting your relationship all over again, send him romantic text when he least expects it, make him feel like a king. Do something new to spice up your relationship and don't hurt his ego. All these problems are arising cos you are about to enter marriage phase.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by prayer280(f): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2018
madridguy:
Visit a relationship Counselor with your guy.
Good one there,
more-so don't stop praying over it, be careful it is better to remain single maintain a good character and wait for a right partner
than to die untimely death in the name of am married. marriage is not what you go into without checking yourself very well,
check your attitude, correct what needs to be corrected, allow him to score you while you also score yourself in some area, does he really love you? or is it only you that loves him? don't ignore facts cos you want to please yourself today and cry tomorrow.

Am not a marriage counselor but I have been making people that i know to remain happily married and building the mind of the about to marries tell them what to expect and how to handle it cos i love to see happily married people. cos a good home makes a good leader of tomorrow, my ears stand whenever i hear any negative discussion that is related to about to get married or already married"
you are blessed.
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by tosyne2much(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2018
divineappo:
Lol
sorry not her name, but her monicker
u may not want me to do that bro or should I? am the guy u had a chat with, regarding BitCoin
u remember! I told u she is cute for u u used the DP of both of standing together, u wore a short-sleeve shirt
u remember?
Hehehe I remember.. Bad guy cheesy
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by noziz(m): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
shocked 7yrs relationship.

assuming you guys sex 2* a day, in a week u sex 2*7=14times

now in a month u sex 4*14=56times

in year a year u sex 56*12=672times.

it means in 7yrs u guys sex 672*7=4704

Chai!!! the young man try sef. the pussy don finally tire ham. e clear sey e no dey get pleasure with u again. to him ur pussy has expired!!!
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by divineappo(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
tosyne2much:
Hehehe I remember.. Bad guy cheesy
Lol

Boss, I loyal
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by djoey89: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
it is just a case of over familiarity. the relationship is getting boring, the initial spark is not there, i always tell people that Love is not enough in a relationship, it is understanding and seeing the person as a friend, because you cant get bored with a friend. you guys should discuss about it or break up if it continues.
grin grin
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by HerXLNC(f): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
jbaby265:

God bless you real good

Amen dear
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Oreofepeters: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=genghiskhan007 post=65685389]

U must be a christian so go and look at I Corinthians 6:18------ where d Holy Bible said flee fornication
So if u no fit hol body go and marry.....period[m/quote] Mr. man no be only you sabi Bible o, I'm a Bible student nd teacher as well. I wasn't speaking based on my experience or based on what I've done. But based on our society status quo. I know it's clearly written in the Bible and everyone does "abstain from sexual immorality. However a lot people have neglected it, you wan tell me say people wey dey have sex before marriage no know say na sin? Or pesin after marriage still go bleep another woman for outside no know say na sin?:.: Forgeti the society we are has neglected good morals hence imbibing lifestyles of the Western world. If you dey quote Bible here from now till tomorrow no fit change am.
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Oreofepeters: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
genghiskhan007:

So if u no fit hol body go and marry.....period

Mr. Man no be only you sabi Bible o, I'm a Bible student nd teacher as well so bleep up. But then i
wasn't speaking based on my experience or based on what I've done. But based on our society status quo. I know it's clearly written in the Bible and everyone does "abstain from sexual immorality. However a lot people have neglected it, you wan tell me say people wey dey have sex before marriage no know say na sin? Or pesin after marriage still go bleep another woman for outside no know say na sin?:.: Forgeti the society we are has neglected good morals hence imbibing lifestyles of the Western world. If you dey quote Bible here from now till tomorrow no fit change am. People won't listen
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by wait: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
Talk to him and express your emotions towards everything going on calmly, if his finding it difficult to open up, give it time, you might just be in the right or wrong relationship, a decision will be an answer
Re: Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
jbaby265:

this one just put a smile on my face.. you spoke like a prophet abi psychologist. thanks

I spoke from personal experience dear. I almost lost my lady. She has won my heart forever for standing strong smiley

I hope you both pull through

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Finds Lover After 3 Kids As Boyfriend Kneels Down To Propose (pic) / Am I Not Making A Mistake? / What Was The Worst Reply You Got From A Girl After You Asked Her Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.