Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? (25753 Views)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Defects From PDP To SDP / 2019: Mass Defection Looms In APC Following PMB's Second Term Declaration. / PDP Youths React To The Defection Of Jerry Gana, Adeniran And Others To SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Carmal90(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:

Its not about Buhari emerging...
The question is can u compare the political atmosphere as at 2 years b4 elections to now that is less than a year b4 elections. By this time last year, there was an opposition firing on all cylinders.
Does it look like anybody is really ready to contest against Buhari as it stands? Even Atiku was played out in the last PDP convention

I understand your point sir, apc capitalise on Nigeria security to win election in 2015, they in turn give more power to terrorist just for them to get to power, I will be sad if pdp towed same line, and am happy they are not, atiku decamped few days to convention and there is no hobbies input will be in that convention, buying left for me to decide who pdp should give their presidential ticket, am rooting for either atiku or Lamido

1 Like

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by progress69: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2018
Carmal90:

I understand your point sir, apc capitalise on Nigeria security to win election in 2015, they in turn give more power to terrorist just for them to get to power, I will be sad if pdp towed same line, and am happy they are not, atiku decamped few days to convention and there is no hobbies input will be in that convention, buying left for me to decide who pdp should give their presidential ticket, am rooting for either atiku or Lamido

Security in Nigeria did not make Jonathan loose, i don't understand your point @ bolded. Last time I checked, BH grew from bow and arrows, clubs and cutlass wielding riff raffs to automatic rifles brandishing killing machines under GEJ, APC was not even a party then. So what the hell are u talking about. Even the murdered NSA, Waziri lost his life for saying the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by sweetgala(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2018
seguno2:

What was the northern average? 95% if SS was 80%
You think that you can pick numbers from the air anyhow abi?

Voter participation in the North conformed to the trend over the previous election cycle it was around 67% I'll get the exact figures from the INEC website in a bit. It tallied with the voter registration.

There is no doubt there was rigging in the North some states had figures that didn't make sense but it wasn't out of the ordinary trend nationwide.

Remember the returning officer from from one of the SS states who could not read the results on national TV it turned out that particular result was doctored

However the SS numbers were just purely rigged it was absurd beyond reason why they would go that far

1 Like

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Carmal90(m): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:

Security in Nigeria did not make Jonathan loose, i don't understand your point @ bolded. Last time I checked, BH grew from bow and arrows, clubs and cutlass wielding riff raffs to automatic rifles brandishing killing machines under GEJ, APC was not even a party then. So what the hell are u talking about. Even the murdered NSA, Waziri lost his life for saying the truth.

OK.
Thanks
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by eph12(m): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2018
adioolayi:

The so called good candidates, do they have the logistics to weather election storm Since last election, where is Prof Oluemi Sonaiya People are rooting for fantastic Donald Duke, but is the logistics in his favour This is Nigeria Politics....Good candidacy, vibrancy, visions and mission statement alone don't win election.
What election storm is that? The one we inflict ourselves with because of religious, ethnic or tribal bias?

Your last statement just shows how foolish electorates are and it's not about to change. It's almost as if you're saying for these good ones to stand a chance they have to dine with the devil. Good luck with that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by seguno2: 10:45am On Mar 09, 2018
sweetgala:
Voter participation in the North conformed to the trend over the previous election cycle it was around 67% I'll get the exact figures from the INEC website in a bit. It tallied with the voter registration.

There is no doubt there was rigging in the North some states had figures that didn't make sense but it wasn't out of the ordinary trend nationwide.

I will take the highlighted.
Go and find out the circumstances of the death of the Kano state INEC Commissioner in 2015.
Cheers
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by OnucheAdams: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2018
madridguy:
2 years to election it was already certain that there was an opposition that wanted to grab power....the energy was everywhere. .

This is exactly my point with people, a year to election, the people planning to grab power have not even arrive on conclusion on candidate to present to Nigerians talkless of start testing his/her popularity.

It's still early days and the dynamics of 2019 is fundamentally different from that of 2015. The opposition this time around is from within the APC itself, and once that unravels be rest assured that it will signal the start of campaign proper.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by jrusky(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2018
yarimo:
coolas it is now, no any candidate in any political party can defeat President BUHARI in 2019 presidential election

Bro go and sit somewhere. Is Buhari God? Who told you their is a man on earth that cannot be defeated? May I ask you pls where are these unmoveable and self belief undefeatable?

Where us Mugabe?
Where is gej? If some one tells gej he will not win 2015 he will laugh it off so pls hold your crappy sentiment ok. You have just one vote my friend.

Pls where are people like Saddam, Custard etc. My friend your vote is just one or else you are among the underage ghost almanjiri ballot thieve.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by jk1e(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2018
Those of you saying there is no viable opposition candidate that can defeat pmb,shoud go for rethink,there are one thousand and one candidate that can defeat him,we have experience such situation in Edo state,that no candidate can challenge Pdp and the almighty igbinedion and his son,not until comrade Adam oshiomhole came from no where and defeated them.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by jk1e(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Those of you saying there is no viable opposition candidate that can defeat pmb,shoud go for rethink,there are one thousand and one candidate that can defeat him,we have experience such situation in Edo state,that no candidate can challenge Pdp and the almighty igbinedion and his son,not until comrade Adam oshiomhole came from no where and defeated them.there are candidate in every state that can unseat pmb.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by edupedia: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
I hate when Buhari is idolised every time. If GEJ was able to get that much vote in 2015 when hatred for him was at its apogee, any good candidate can beat Buhari in 2019.

Do you think all Northerners are stupid? Only uneducated almajiris' votes can't put Buhari back on seat. Quote me anywhere.

...your quote is useless....
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Tecno66: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Donald Duke may do another Jonathan, clearing the SS & SE and a few votes who believe in youthful candidate but even in these zones, the PDP governors will rally considerable votes for their party. For the SDP, without a sitting governor in the party, it will be a herculean task. In Nigeria, the calculations that win elections in other countries dont work here. It was easy for PMB to defeat GEJ in northern PDP states because the ethnic card was played. Ultimately APC will gain from the SDP because what is needed to send PMP to Daura is a united force not when the opposition divide their votes into many parties. At thend of the day you have something like APC 8million, PDP 7million, SDP 5 million.
omololu2020:
Why should it be a northern candidate they have to produce @op ?

Why can't they present a southerner as the presidential candidate.

Buhari is not that strong,only the North west is sure for him,atiku will battle him in the North east.

Buhari have been contesting since 2003 and he has always been losing, so he will be the presidential candidate of APC,PDP will produce atiku,SDP should produce Donald duke
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by ogunladeabiodun: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
I hate when Buhari is idolised every time. If GEJ was able to get that much vote in 2015 when hatred for him was at its apogee, any good candidate can beat Buhari in 2019.

Do you think all Northerners are stupid? Only uneducated almajiris' votes can't put Buhari back on seat. Quote me anywhere.
you make sense
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by omoharry(f): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2018
sweetgala:

Donald Duke has no strong political credentials and it'll be a tough one trying to present another SS candidate to the nation for election.

Even that 2023 Igbo matter is not assured
dont say what you cannot sure off..everyone in Nigeria from all regions have the right to vote and be voted for..you seems to be using the PDP and APC zoning formula in this case. the most important thing here is about competence and not about the region the person is from..Nigerians are really the cause of their own problem..how has the north fared so far since Buhari became president..has it elevated the poverty rate there except to make his members of his family billionaires over night..pls we should open our eyes and decide who we are supporting.so oga Donald Duke has the right to contest.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2018
silastemplar:
Kwankwasos popularity is basically in the north which isnt enough. As it stands today, regardless of what we want or dont want, Buhari still stands top.
Isn't that what the opposition are looking for? A popular candidate from the north to wrestle significant votes from PMB? Kwankwaso is the best in that regard.
Plus PDP is now generally viewed as an anti-North anti-Muslim party, so SDP would also give have that novel appeal of being neutral.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by patval(f): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2018
yarimo:
coolas it is now, no any candidate in any political party can defeat President BUHARI in 2019 presidential election
thinking from cowhead zombie
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by daramolanas1(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2018
yarimo:
wait n c oga! grin
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by yarimo(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2018
jrusky:

Bro go and sit somewhere. Is Buhari God? Who told you their is a man on earth that cannot be defeated? May I ask you pls where are these unmoveable and self belief undefeatable?

Where us Mugabe?
Where is gej? If some one tells gej he will not win 2015 he will laugh it off so pls hold your crappy sentiment ok. You have just one vote my friend.

Pls where are people like Saddam, Custard etc. My friend your vote is just one or else you are among the underage ghost almanjiri ballot thieve.
MUGABE was not defeated in a election, GEJ and his supporters knew they will be defeated even before the election because of his incompetence
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by yarimo(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2018
franchasng:
if Buhari refuses to listen to the Nigerian masses and bow out in honor now by not contesting in 2019, if Buhari decides to contest and uses his presidential power and rig the election as already seen written all over, take my words today, nature will correct him by force!

Mark my comment this day and watch out.
mark my words, if BUHARI decided to re contest he will win the election 100 %

1 Like

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by yarimo(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2018
Manobravo09:

Neve say never . He is definatily a big threat to PMB. I pray the rift between Gaduje and Kwokwonso shuld be settle befor may.
kikikiki someone that GANDUJE is threat to him politically grin grin grin
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by yarimo(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2018
obi4eze:

Dey there make pant dey wear you. E go do una like film.
PAPA AJASCO or JET LI film?
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by clemmonce(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:

Lol. How much votes were u expecting GEJ a sitting president to get before? With access to all the funds we can think of. It is rather a shame that GEJ a sitting president with all the Federal might still lost. We dont have another GEJ in power....just take note. Lol
so no sitting should lose an election ?... it is now a shame. I pity you immersely
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by progress69: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
clemmonce:
so no sitting should lose an election ?... it is now a shame. I pity you immersely

Pity yourself. If you loose an election as a sitting president, it means you failed...and YES, that is a shame.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by biggy26: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
omololu2020:
Why should it be a northern candidate they have to produce @op ?

Why can't they present a southerner as the presidential candidate.

Buhari is not that strong,only the North west is sure for him,atiku will battle him in the North east.

Buhari have been contesting since 2003 and he has always been losing, so he will be the presidential candidate of APC,PDP will produce atiku,SDP should produce Donald duke
Haba, that will split d votes and may give pmb d advantage if he contests. It's either Atiku or Duke, but I prefer a Duke.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by dbanjj1629(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
As it is right now, the pendulum is swinging towards SDP as the 3rd force. In the next couple of weeks we will see more heavy weight politicians defecting to SDP from the PDP & APC cause the internal crisis in this parties are far from over.

1 Like

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by biggy26: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:

Times have changed....get that fact.
Do u see any seriousness with any opposition, u know y? They know it us almost impossible.
During GEJ's era....2 years to election it was already certain that there was an opposition that wanted to grab power....the energy was everywhere. .
What do we have now? Lol
Less than a year to election....doesnt even feel like anyone wants to contest against baba.
You're wrong bro, just wait and see. Again, gej was more democratic in approaching opposition unlike pmb. People know what he is capable of doing, so their vengeance is in their heart for him. Meanwhile as soon as inec blows d whistle, watch what will happen.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
u wld be shocked bro

Believe me I would like to be shocked... I just Hope u got ur voters card ready
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by mikejimm: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
surgical:
joker.

That may not be correct because power of Incumbency may not work come 2019. It did not work for former prez Jonathan. A lot of People are fed up with this govt/APC already.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Coldfeets:

Exactly!

The thing taya me no be small.

They will rant and rant and rake here on nairaland and on facebook but on the election day you will look for them and you will not see them.

If you ask them why they didn't go out to vote, most likely they will tell you that the outcome has already been decided and the election is nothing but a mere formality.

That's the more reason we should sensitize them now
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by progress69: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
biggy26:

You're wrong bro, just wait and see. Again, gej was more democratic in approaching opposition unlike pmb. People know what he is capable of doing, so their vengeance is in their heart for him. Meanwhile as soon as inec blows d whistle, watch what will happen.
Kindergarten talks
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by bedspread: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
[s]
yarimo:
[/s]
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by biggy26: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:
Kindergarten talks
University don, wehdone!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence / Oba Adedapo Tejuosho's 80th Birthday Celebration: Obasanjo, Saraki Spotted / DSP Alamieyeseigha For Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.