Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? (25758 Views)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Defects From PDP To SDP / 2019: Mass Defection Looms In APC Following PMB's Second Term Declaration. / PDP Youths React To The Defection Of Jerry Gana, Adeniran And Others To SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by MrBONE2(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
anibirelawal:
All na political drama.

We Patriots, dont give a fork about any political prostitute porting from one party to another, all in a bid to attain presidential seat.

Only GOD can unseat PMB...

Meanwhile, PMB till 2023 if God will.
Wrong my BaBu till 2123 grin
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by James4424: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
Listen to the dynamics of election in Nigeria.
Foremost, election has nothing or little to do will the credibility of the candidate, rather it has every thing to do with self interest of them politians . unLike GEJ who lost popularity within a handful of politicians bringing the rise of a massive decamp of politians to APC. buhari is in great contrary to that vital situation. All what buhari need is to seat back and allow the numerous governors to win him some vote in their respective states.
Look at how buhari pulled tremendous votes in IMO state in the last election with the help of rochas.
Understand this: Winning election has nothing , I mean nothing to do with one credibility. Many a good politician know this. That is why I believe the opposition in Nigeria today is idle because the real oppositions are with their self interest at hand and inevitably buhari is the easiest and fastest route to get there. E.g yahyah bello
Now, if at all buhari is to be troubled it will have to come from a stren revolution form the Nigerian populace which obviously is not looking like its going to happen.
This is my philosophy

2 Likes

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
Political Games Playing already towards 2019.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
ebullientkay:
It's the biggest threat ever. Now we have options: Atiku, Kwankwaso. The thing is, Atiku is detribalised and relates with Nigerians, while Kwankwaso is ruggedly pro-north, and extends no meaningful tentacles down south. Kwankwaso is a tough contender, but for the benfit of progress, a wider view of the political arena and the dividend of democracy, Atiku has no equals.
The only benefit of a Kwankwaso led election is, he is now anti-APC. He has been a hunted man within the party and is one of its binding factor. But again, his chances depends on whether he is Arewa's choice candidate.
Atiku is Nigeria's candidate any day any time.
Thank you for understanding the point I was driving at.
Atiku may have a better acceptance down south, but Kwankwaso is undoubtedly the most liked after PMB in the north.
The calculation of the opposition is almost entirely based on getting a candidate liked enough in the north to wrestle some votes from PMB and then get overwhelming votes from the south to cancel out the PMB's lead in the north.
Today nobody takes Atiku serious in the north. He represents everything wrong about Nigeria's politicians. Mind you Atiku has nothing to show for for being a defector president apart from getting banned to enter US and corruptly enriching himself.

1 Like

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by muyiwadavid(m): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=James4424 post=65694197]Listen to the dynamics of election in Nigeria.
Foremost, election has nothing or little to do will the credibility of the candidate, rather it has every thing to do with self interest of them politians . unLike GEJ who lost popularity within a handful of politicians bringing the rise of a massive decamp of politians to APC. buhari is in great contrary to that vital situation. All what buhari need is to seat back and allow the numerous governors to win him some vote in their respective states.
Look at how buhari pulled tremendous votes in IMO state in the last election with the help of rochas.
Understand this: Winning election has nothing , I mean nothing to do with one credibility. Many a good politician know this. That is why I believe the opposition in Nigeria today is idle because the real oppositions are with their self interest at hand and inevitably buhari is the easiest and fastest route to get there. E.g yahyah bello
Now, if at all buhari is to be troubled it will have to come from a stren revolution form the Nigerian populace which obviously is not looking like its going to happen.
This is my philosophy
I shared your philosophy my dear
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
seguno2:

Most Nigerians don’t want change.
Most of us simply wish for change.
Those who want anything WORK for it.
Most Nigerians, who SAY that they want change, don’t have PVCs.

Those who have will sell it to the highest bidder, for bags of rice and odourless fufu with a few naira notes.
By the way do you have your PVC?
How many people have you mobilised to get their PVCs?
You are right. They don't want the change as much as they claim.
Honestly I think we need to change this government, it has been hijacked by the cabal.
And yes I do have a PVC I started voting since 2003.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
charidot:
No candidate can defeat PMB in Nigeria now that he is in power except the constitution. Buhari has no viable alternative. We only have criminals who are baptising themselves to become president. God forbid!
I agree with you nobody stand the chance to defeat PMB, that's why I used "biggest threat" in my title.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by bubu2019: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
EazyMoh:
Considering factors like.
1. SDP is basically OBJ's alternative to both PDP and APC.
2. Atiku wouldn't be welcomed where OBJ is the godfather, (He'd have considered defecting to SDP again since it's about to stand more chance.
3. OBJ's most preferred candidate Sule Lamido is not the defecting type, He will never leave PDP.
4.Kwankwaso has became continuously sidelined in APC, especially with Ganduje given tactical support by the National level.
5. Kwankwaso is the second most popular politician in the north, second only to PMB. I am not saying he'd defeat the president, but without the negative aura of PDP, he'd really make some serious impact.
6. It finally boils down to how badly Nigerians want a change of this change. Which from all indications many do!
7. What do you think?
I think you are stuuuupid
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
hedonistic:

You have a point though. I can't understand why less than a year to elections things are still generally lethargic, in spite of the widespread disaffection against Buhari and his woeful performance. I must say that the PDP has been too docile for my liking.

By this time in the build up to 2015 elections, Lai Mohammed and other APC attack dogs had been making life very uncomfortable for Jonathan. Billions of Naira had been exchanging hands, the traditional media and social media were already agog with propaganda, mudslinging and campaign rhetoric.

I honestly don't know what's going now. It's so annoying.
It's simply because they know they stand no chance of defeating him.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
eph12:

Not true! What you people are more interested in are the names APC & PDP will present but even in 2015 better, more qualified candidates were available to be voted for in smaller parties but they were ignored. We will continue to ignore them until Nigeria is destroyed. We should continue returning people that has no business being there or have been there before but no impact
Of a that's the flaw in democracy, it's always a choice between a bad and a very bad choice.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by madridguy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
The bold part of your comment angry angry angry Same Jonathan or another Jonathan? Are you sure of your submission

biggy26:

You're wrong bro, just wait and see. Again, gej was more democratic in approaching opposition unlike pmb. People know what he is capable of doing, so their vengeance is in their heart for him. Meanwhile as soon as inec blows d whistle, watch what will happen.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by eph12(m): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
EazyMoh:

Of a that's the flaw in democracy, it's always a choice between a bad and a very bad choice.
You gave yourself that choice, nobody did for you.

If we're practicing a 2 party system that would have been the case but we're not
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
eph12:

You gave yourself that choice, nobody did for you.

If we're practicing a 2 party system that would have been the case but we're not
Of a we are practicing even less than one party o! The earlier you accept that the better for you.
50% of APC are from PDP and 25% of PDP are from APC. Almost 90% of lawmakers have been members of both parties at different times so what are you saying.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by eph12(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2018
EazyMoh:

Of a we are practicing even less than one party o! The earlier you accept that the better for you.
50% of APC are from PDP and 25% of PDP are from APC. Almost 90% of lawmakers have been members of both parties at different times so what are you saying.
I'm saying nobody put a gun to your head so u don't see beyond APC & PDP
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by olril17(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
madridguy:
The bold part of your comment angry angry angry Same Jonathan or another Jonathan? Are you sure of your submission

snake
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Optimist88(m): 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
progress69:

Times have changed....get that fact.
Do u see any seriousness with any opposition, u know y? They know it us almost impossible.
During GEJ's era....2 years to election it was already certain that there was an opposition that wanted to grab power....the energy was everywhere. .
What do we have now? Lol
Less than a year to election....doesnt even feel like anyone wants to contest against baba.
Your mind needs transformation
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by progress69: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
Optimist88:
Your mind needs transformation

Transformation that led GEJ to Otuoke?
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by SillyMods: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
plusfield:
I laugh when I hear people say that nobody can defeat Buhari in nigeria. That's an illusion of people living in fool's paradise. Is it not the same Buhari that everybody was beating blue and black in 2003, 2007, 2011 until Tinubu came to his rescue by giving him south west votes?
Today, Nigerians have tested him and won't give him such votes again. Unless he resorts to the highest level of rigging ever witnessed in this nation, he will be utterly disgraced in 2019.
Federal Republic of Social Media angry man
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2018
otokx:

Apart from Ngige who did very well as a governor in the eastern region, which other politician can they proudly present as an action person whose legacy has stood the test of time
Egberi fa! Abeg what was GEJ's legacy before he was elected President? Don't worry yourself about us for now. We shall let you know when the time comes. But for now let's enjoy the show.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by biggy26: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
madridguy:

Same one bro.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by btee13(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2018
In politics it is almost all about number, kwankwanso could be a spoiler in the whole show stealing some votes in the north from Pmb. While pdp take the entire ss and se, share vote in sw. Getting 25% of each state vote and 2/3rd of total state is the ultimate. Middle belt would have a major role to play in 2019 if kwankwanso defect to SDP scenario). It is still going to be APC and PDP show but full of many suprises anyway
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by sweetgala(m): 8:23am On Mar 10, 2018
omoharry:
dont say what you cannot sure off..everyone in Nigeria from all regions have the right to vote and be voted for..you seems to be using the PDP and APC zoning formula in this case. the most important thing here is about competence and not about the region the person is from..Nigerians are really the cause of their own problem..how has the north fared so far since Buhari became president..has it elevated the poverty rate there except to make his members of his family billionaires over night..pls we should open our eyes and decide who we are supporting.so oga Donald Duke has the right to contest.

You are making sense but you have ignored the political realities of Nigeria. If the issue is competence why is there an insistence on an Igbo president since there may be competent people from the north east , central or west.

The political realities of things remain no one can win national elections without a strong network. GEJ was fortunate to have it in 2011 and the shoeless boy story really touched a lot of people what a disappointment he turned out to be.

Just like you and I oga Donald Duke has a right to contest and if his supporters push him he should contest primaries if he can combine the delegates to select him to represent the party that's fair he can then persuade the nation he is a better choice but people are not elected on NL of FB
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by henrysam(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2018
Clerverly:

Deluded ipob yoot grin grin

The difference now, is that, he is the incumbent, cannot be out rigged by anybody..
An gej was outrigged in kano by infant and juvenile voting as an incumbent.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by MonPro: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2018
sweetgala:

Northern average didn't even pass 70% it was comparable to the PVC voter registration.
In the SS voter registration was less than 50% but the voter turnout on the day was over 70%

It didn't tally but it didn't matter on the end Buhari has won rather clearly.
There was rigging in the North but it wasn't absurd or beyond the usual turnout.

The average northeners is very politically aware(*note I didn't say savy) and listens to the radio to get a pulse of where the regional headship is focused.

Where are you from?
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by MonPro: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2018
otokx:

Apart from Ngige who did very well as a governor in the eastern region, which other politician can they proudly present as an action person whose legacy has stood the test of time

Otokunefor keep quiet with your pro-abooki mouth there. The illiterate abooki buffoons you've been voting for donkey years how have they improved your miserable life. What legacy did they have before you voted them?

Your education is a waste. Zombiefied APC rat in PH. Make Wike boys catch you
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by EazyMoh(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
btee13:
In politics it is almost all about number, kwankwanso could be a spoiler in the whole show stealing some votes in the north from Pmb. While pdp take the entire ss and se, share vote in sw. Getting 25% of each state vote and 2/3rd of total state is the ultimate. Middle belt would have a major role to play in 2019 if kwankwanso defect to SDP scenario). It is still going to be APC and PDP show but full of many suprises anyway
Exactly but for those who are looking for a northern candidate popular enough to get significant votes in the North Kwankwaso is their candidate. So the best thing is to ditch their PDP candidate (probably Atiku) and vote for Kwankwaso. Otherwise PMB will cost home to victory.
Re: Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? by sweetgala(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
MonPro:

Where are you from?

Osun state, of what consequence is that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Visits Goodluck Jonathan In Bayelsa (photos) / Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary / Crisis In Osun PDP Over Osun-west Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.