Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment (2955 Views)

Peace Microfinance Bank Champions Women’s Empowerment And Education / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others / International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Okwyla: 3:57am On Mar 09, 2018
In celebrating this year International Women’s day, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) has called for gender equality and women empowerment. Speaking at the fourth edition of NSE International Women’s day symposium themed “Press For Progress, the chief executive officer of NSE, Oscar Onyema said that the theme of the symposium is not just another theme for another edition of the International women’s day, saying it is a call to action to spur women and men into taking bold steps towards closing the gender gap. Onyema said: “It is saddening to note that with over 100 years of devoting a day, to celebrating the achievements of women and discussing steps towards achieving gender parity and social justice for women, the World Economic Forum (WEF) in its 2017 Gender Gap report averred that our dream of achieving parity across gender required more than 200 years to become a reality.” He added that “as one of Africa’s foremost securities exchanges and member of the Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative (SSEI), we are deeply committed to leveraging our position to accelerate the achievement of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) number five which seeks to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls by 2030.” According to Onyema, the Exchange took steps to address the lack of female representation on our National Council by electing three eminent female members at the last AGM. Today, we have 23 per cent female representation as against zero per cent representation in 2016. “Last year, we initiated the NSE GEM (Gender Empowerment Men), a group of male employees at the NSE who act as mentors to young female employees, helping them to navigate the workplace and grow their career. “Under the four pillars of our CSR program namely: Workplace, Marketplace, Community and Environment, we continue to seek ways to celebrate women and play our part in closing the gender gap.”

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/03/nse-calls-for-gender-equality-womens.html

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by JosEast(m): 3:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by cinoedhunter: 7:24am On Mar 09, 2018
U will see a gender advantage to d women in d next thread... sth is fishy sad angry
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 09, 2018
After u empower dem dey start to behave like men. To see husband go turn war.

1 Like

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by theunnamed: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2018
That is all these ppl do...
Call for this and that, just making media noise up-and-down
After talking they will go and sleep without actually doing anything about it.
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by usayab(m): 7:38am On Mar 09, 2018
good one
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Dcholeric: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2018
nice
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Samyokporua(m): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Somebori should tell NASU to do something about their fogging strike before I send Thunder from Epe to strike them.... how could I graduate July and I'm still at home while Unilorin graduates of September has gone for service. And we(uniben) are on the verge of missing out batch A mobilisation
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Suko110(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2018
Women empowerment is good but has got to have a limit. Cus d moment all women take themselves equal to men, thats d beginning of d end. If u take a critical look of women in power u would knw.

1 Like

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by uyiekpenn(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2018
Gender equality can never be possible when most women don't pay their own bills, when they keep asking for recharge cards, phones and other stupid stuffs that they could easily buy if only they're not lazy or see sex as a form of payment. I'll support the gender equality bill until women of our generation start bringing more to the table and also until they start showing their capability to stand on their own without the help of a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by LordKO(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2018
Empower women and see hunger in the land reduced to the bare-minimum - I'm in total support of women emancipation. And of course, I see no evil in gender equality - egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of segregation. Segregation in this regard means first between equals - with man as the first - not a superior and his subordinate.

A sane fully emancipated woman needn't to be told that independence doesn't mean absence of thoughtfulness.

7 Likes

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Andrewgame42: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2018
K
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Gavrelino123: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2018
Those individuals that are pushing in for gender inequality don't know the negative implications...
...Women should note that,everything will now be a 50-50 thing,even in marriage..,no more my Husband will take care of me.....if this is acceptable,then no problem.
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Mznaett: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
After u empower dem dey start to behave like men. To see husband go turn war.

That's what African men dread most. tongue

But then, you guys have got no choice than to accept it.

1 Like

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Xisnin(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2018
Suko110:
Women empowerment is good but has got to have a limit. Cus d moment all women take themselves equal to men, thats d beginning of d end. If u take a critical look of women in power u would knw.
Will your life end if that happens?
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Xisnin(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2018
Gavrelino123:
Those individuals that are pushing in for gender inequality don't know the negative implications...
...Women should note that,everything will now be a 50-50 thing,even in marriage..,no more my Husband will take care of me.....if this is acceptable,then no problem.
Why should you be more concerned about the "implications"?
Strong women have already been contributing immensely to their families finance.

1 Like

Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Mznaett:

be careful sad angry. Havent been able to sleep eell this week as one small gel wey chop manager is year dey my case. Too much rework. U pple beta go bk to kitchen angry
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by Dcholeric: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Mznaett:

earn it..don't force it or beg it.... monkey no go work for baboon to chop.. you get the respect better when it is earned.
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by italo: 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
They keep saying 'gender equality.'

LET SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT WOMEN WANT THAT THEY DONT ALREADY HAVE?
Re: NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment by MichaelBlake40: 3:13am On Mar 10, 2018
uyiekpenn:
Gender equality can never be possible when most women don't pay their own bills, when they keep asking for recharge cards, phones and other stupid stuffs that they could easily buy if only they're not lazy or see sex as a form of payment. I'll support the gender equality bill until women of our generation start bringing more to the table and also until they start showing their capability to stand on their own without the help of a man.
Gbam! my point exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Custom Standup Pouches In Usa From VICTOR OSCAR COMPANY / Nospetco And Others / Kingcraft Generator Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.