Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783071 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GreatMikymiko: 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Congratulations.

Please answer the following questions :

List the documents you included in your visa application?

What's your relationship with your sponsor?
pampem:
Hi All,

To him who is able to do exceedingly,abundantly more than we ever ask or think. All the Glory to God!

I joined NL on this thread (Part 5) and here I am today sharing this great news in Part 14.

After study visas delay in 2016,

Here comes our PPR!

�������������������������������������������������
ITA June 28th,2017
AOR July 25th
ADR Aug 4
ADR- Spouse Aug 5
Medical Passed-Aug 8
NA2: Aug 11
FTD: Sept 23
1p2: Feb 27
Cse Raised: Feb 27 New passport
Ppr: Mar 6,2018

Though it’s been a while here , I met wonderful people on this platform. Please feel free to ask for clarification and assistance as regards your applications.

A word for someone here:
...though it takes time, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrGreenMavro: 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good day all, I studied geology first degree, I intend applying for a PGD for one year after which I intend to switch to an MSC in computer science after the PGD, my challenge is will I get a student visa for a PGD program wen I v a 2.1.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mikeade7: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
hello house,
please is it possible to obtain a study visa to canada without paying any deposit/part of school fees to the institution.

your candid advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good day to you all. I studied mass communication bsc 2.6/4.0 gpa, and of course did my I.T back in 2016 in a radio station, I still have those pictures I took during my I.T days showing I was controlling the console and reading an announcement on air.. do I need to add these pictures so as show the V.O that i truly have passion for broadcasting ? as I plan to study broadcasting Radio and contemporary media at Durham college PGD.

help ur guy pls..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2018
Asapant:
Good day to you all. I studied mass communication bsc 2.6/4.0 gpa, and of course did my I.T back in 2016 in a radio station, I still have those pictures I took during my I.T days showing I was controlling the console and reading an announcement on air.. do I need to add these pictures so as show the V.O that i truly have passion for broadcasting ? as I plan to study broadcasting Radio and contemporary media at Durham college PGD.

help ur guy pls..

Pictures are no longer allowed as at November 2017. I do not know if they have changed that now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
mikeade7:
hello house,
please is it possible to obtain a study visa to canada without paying any deposit/part of school fees to the institution.

your candid advice will be appreciated.

Yeah it is possible.

But it's more convincing if you make the deposit. Either way, Visa is not guaranteed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=WEIRDPC post=65719587]

Pictures are no longer allowed as at November 2017. I do not know if they have changed.

How sure are are sir ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
I'm not seeing Post graduate diploma in all colleges . What I'm seeing is Ontario college certificate. Guys i need your Enlightenment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Gifty28(f): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good afternoon all, pls are there current university of Calgary msc biology student here or admitted students already, need to get a couple of informations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Gifty28(f): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
Good Afternoon all, pls are there current university of Calgary Msc Biology students here or someone who has been admitted, need to get some infos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cindelinc: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65708434]Cindelinc,

Thank very much Frank,

I am definitively not self funded, my dad is my sponsor, he is a contractor and they use a lot of funds to do projects making it impossible for keep too much funds idle on the account.
The program is m.eng in industrial engineering at the univ of Windsor.
Sorry I reconfirmed, the duration is 3 to 5 semesters.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
yemdogg:

If you're looking to pursue a course based masters program, could be possible. However, you'd have to apply to many institutions just to improve your chances of admission.
Boss in the building, his maple land treating you so far? Hope you are good?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
yemdogg:

If you're looking to pursue a course based masters program, could be possible. However, you'd have to apply to many institutions just to improve your chances of admission.

A standing ovation to the Grand Boss, the General, Retired but not tired, he is no other person but....... YEMDOGG , it's really nice seeing you here once again bro doing what you know how to do best. My boss, my solemn greetings goes to you. How have you been?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
cindelinc,

That's good! Using your dad as a sponsor is a credible one to your application. Make sure that the contract company account you plan using, he(Dad) is the sole signatory to the account and make sure before you print the bank statement it closes with a good sum, possibly add your dad personal savings statement to show proof of his personal financial establishment. Going for M.eng for 3 to 5 semesters (2 years) is also good. Endeavor to construct a convincing SOP that will stand out to present your case to the visa officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
yemdogg:

Thanks for replying. One more thing, is it with the result of the PGD i will use to apply for the masters?

Do different canadian universities have cut off marks depending on the course one wants to study.

Which universities should one apply to?

Pls reply because lot of nairalanders have asked these question and no one seem to answer.....thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hello. Can someone pls give me a link to a page that explains the whole student visa application for someone who has received admission letter to a diploma program in a university. There are a lot of abbreviations that I do not understand ��

Also is it necessary for a Nigerian to have a TRV before going?
What are the documents that will be needed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
[b][/b]Good day house.

Nice to be on this forum.

@ Mr.justwise i salute you,please keep on the good work,may God bless you.
@ Mr. Frankrobbn1 you indeed have a hart of gold.

For all that are waiting,our waiting will not be in vain.

We awaits good news[b]Good day house.

We awaits good news[/b]Good day house.

We awaits good news

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
I think U should submit a comprehensive business plan stating a business u want to start and then twll them u need to develop business skills from d MBA to help u succeed. Tell them of d number of businesses u know that have failed because d owner did not have necessary business skills. If your program has practical aspects, the better. Hope this helps
chigrad:
I actually stated all these points in my SOP. Is it now advisable to look for a course that is in line with my BSc. Or will that sound like desperation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
YEMDOGG baba.. Which one is course based masters. I graduated 2.6/4.0 in mass communication can I apply for masters in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
Biakwa:
Good day house.

We awaits good news

Biakwa, God bless you. Thanks for the compliments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemdogg: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

A standing ovation to the Grand Boss, the General, Retired but not tired, he is no other person but....... YEMDOGG , it's really nice seeing you here once again bro doing what you know how to do best. My boss, my solemn greetings goes to you. How have you been?

Boss! I see you're doing a wonderful job on here. Keep it up bro. My salute.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
yemdogg:

Boss! I see you're doing a wonderful job on here. Keep it up bro. My salute.

Thank you and I remain loyal Boss! The young man is giving out what he has learnt from his boss! Good to see you're doing well bro.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemdogg: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
Asapant:
YEMDOGG baba.. Which one is course based masters. I graduated 2.6/4.0 in mass communication can I apply for masters in Canada?

Your chances of admission is quite slim but there's possibility. Your professional achievements and experience could improve your chances. The trick is to apply to many schools to further enhance your chances of admission. Be ready to part with a lot of money for Application fees. Also, be prepared to pay heavy tuition as most schools that will offer you admission with this GPA will most likely be expensive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemdogg: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
hotcakept2:

Thanks for replying. One more thing, is it with the result of the PGD i will use to apply for the masters?

Do different canadian universities have cut off marks depending on the course one wants to study.

Which universities should one apply to?

Pls reply because lot of nairalanders have asked these question and no one seem to answer.....thanks

In case this question has not been answered.

You will need transcripts for all post secondary/tertiary institutions which you have attended to support your application for admission into any masters program.

There's no generic list of universities to apply to. It all depends on your goals, circumstance and situation. If you're looking for top schools for your proposed program, tailor your search to reflect this and if you're looking for schools that will offer you scholarships/funding please tailor your search to reflect this. It all depends on you. Your circumstance is a major factor in this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
I really do need clarification especially from those that have done online application.
Can I merge my family info (like birth certificates of siblings) with the family information
IMM form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemdogg: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
mcobex:
Boss in the building, his maple land treating you so far? Hope you are good?

Boss I'm in Nigeria smiley

Pursuing my PR Application. I hope you're good. Been a while.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibreezy: 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
[thanks yemdogg for ur time boss quote author=yemdogg post=65728667]

Your chances of admission is quite slim but there's possibility. Your professional achievements and experience could improve your chances. The trick is to apply to many schools to further enhance your chances of admission. Be ready to part with a lot of money for Application fees. Also, be prepared to pay heavy tuition as most schools that will offer you admission with this GPA will most likely be expensive. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank , iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.

chibreezy,
Congratulations on your achievement (TRV Approval). I must say that this was the hand work of God. Wow! No personal assets, no employment letter, No SOP, No birth certificates for family members, No academic/career progression, No proof of relationship with sponsor etc... and still got approved. You're indeed a favoured child and destined to be in Canada.

I'm happy for you chibreezy and a big AMEN to your prayers.

All the best!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mazi9: 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Please guys what is
Sponsor CAC documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cindelinc: 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65724115]cindelinc,

Gracias Frank, great work,

Please approximately what figure should be in the account statement?
The tuition for each semester is 6000 cad and the duration of the program is 3 to 5 semesters.
Also what likely length of visa can I probably get ?
God bless you .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mazi9:
Please guys what is
Sponsor CAC documents

Mazi9,
CAC certificate/document is a document that show proof that sponspor business is legally registered. The full meaning of CAC is - Corporate Affairs Commission.....

All the best!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.