Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (773825 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Congrats.
This is so much encouragement.
neverlosehope:
I will like to encourage readers with my abridged testimony. Please never lose hope regarding your dream.

My profile:

In 2013 after working in different Nigerian banks spanning over 10 years, I became frustrated and need a better life for my family. At close to 40 years old, I decided to leave my banking work and pursue Masters degree abroad. Yes, you are right, if you think that I am crazy because so many people thought I was then. However, as I said, I need a better life for my family.

Previously, I had an undergraduate degree in sciences from Nigeria with second class (2:2). In 2013, I applied to 4 universities in Canada and I was rejected in all the universities because of low GPA. A Program Administrator in one of the universities told not to waste my fund applying to universities because of my low GPA but I should focus on my job. I was depressed for a while but I decided to pick myself up and move ahead.

In 2014, I took both GRE and TOEFL and applied to 5 universities in USA. Again, I got rejection letter from all 5 universities. I was depressed but I picked myself up and moved ahead the second time. I applied to another set of 4 universities in USA and to the glory of God, I got accepted into all 4 universities. Fortunately and as God will have it, I got full tuition waiver and stipends in one of the universities. In 2015, my wife and I applied for F2 and F1 visa (US study visas) which was approved together by the grace of God. Please note, this is the same guy with low GPA and 9 rejection letter.

Fast forward to 2017, toward the end of my Masters program, I applied for PhD programs in both USA and Canada. Although, I had a few rejection letters from my PhD applicants but I got admitted into 4 top universities, 2 in USA and 2 in Canada. To crown this testimony, all the universities were funded with very generous stipends which are adequate to take care on my family living expenses.

Today June 15th 2018, both my wife open work permit and my study permit were approved after 3 weeks of application (since we are applying from US).

Lesson to learnt:

1) Never lose hope. Miracles do happens. Always believe.

2) Never let your past define your future. Your past is gone and you don't have control over it again, however, your future is still ahead and you can control it. Therefore, focus on what you can control.

3) Never let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your dream. Obstacles are part of life, nobody, low or bad GPA should not stop you . When you fall, please stand up, dust yourself, reload and move forward. Quitters never win and Winners never lose.

4) Never let age put a limit on your dream. I started my masters degree at the age of 40 years and 16 years after having my BSc degree. Now, I have master degree from a reputable university and should complete my PhD degree in next few years. You can always achieve your dream at any age if you are resilient and persistent.

5) Follow your dream no matter the challenges. Redirect your steps if one is not working and keep pushing forward.

6) Above all, HOLD ON TO GOD AND KEEP BELIEVING IN HIS AMAZING POWER, GRACE AND MERCY. His is a miracle working God and He will always come through for you.

I do hope that I am able to encourage myself with my abridged testimony.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

sanjay01,

Sorry about your refusal.

The major reasons for your refusal was based on purpose of visit and Immigration status in country of residence.. Going through your profile, I noticed that you're heading for a second masters degree in Canada. How was your SOP like, was there any justifiable reasons to why you're going for a second masters degree in Canada at this stage in life instead of a Phd to show progression. Your SOP will go a long run to tackle your purpose of visit and intent to study.

Immigration status in country of residence:
If you're not holding a work permit or a study permit in Malaysia, you don't have the legal status to apply for a student visa to Canada from there. You will always be denied if you keep trying to apply from Malaysia. You would be better off leaving Malaysia and applying from outside of Canada (i.e Nigeria). You have a higher chance of approval if you apply from your home country.

The rest of the refusal grounds current employment situation, personal assets and financial status can be tackled using this medium THE REST OF YOUR REFUSAL GROUNDS

All the best!
Thanks so much sir for your awesome time to reply me here, pls i wish u can answer the following questions
1. on the issue of current employment situation, How do i tackle it if i should go back to my home country to reapply because in my CV submitted for TRV i stated that am an Assistance financial officer in my hubby company, actually am not working in malaysia because am using dependent visa on my hubby.
2. On the issue of personal Assets and financial status, base on all i have submitted like 21m, my hubby properties worth of 3m and CAC, does that mean the money is too small ? afterall am applying alone without my family. Pls help me analyse this in details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
neverlosehope:
I will like to encourage readers with my abridged testimony. Please never lose hope regarding your dream.

My profile:

In 2013 after working in different Nigerian banks spanning over 10 years, I became frustrated and need a better life for my family. At close to 40 years old, I decided to leave my banking work and pursue Masters degree abroad. Yes, you are right, if you think that I am crazy because so many people thought I was then. However, as I said, I need a better life for my family.

Previously, I had an undergraduate degree in sciences from Nigeria with second class (2:2). In 2013, I applied to 4 universities in Canada and I was rejected in all the universities because of low GPA. A Program Administrator in one of the universities told not to waste my fund applying to universities because of my low GPA but I should focus on my job. I was depressed for a while but I decided to pick myself up and move ahead.

In 2014, I took both GRE and TOEFL and applied to 5 universities in USA. Again, I got rejection letter from all 5 universities. I was depressed but I picked myself up and moved ahead the second time. I applied to another set of 4 universities in USA and to the glory of God, I got accepted into all 4 universities. Fortunately and as God will have it, I got full tuition waiver and stipends in one of the universities. In 2015, my wife and I applied for F2 and F1 visa (US study visas) which was approved together by the grace of God. Please note, this is the same guy with low GPA and 9 rejection letter.

Fast forward to 2017, toward the end of my Masters program, I applied for PhD programs in both USA and Canada. Although, I had a few rejection letters from my PhD applicants but I got admitted into 4 top universities, 2 in USA and 2 in Canada. To crown this testimony, all the universities were funded with very generous stipends which are adequate to take care on my family living expenses.

Today June 15th 2018, both my wife open work permit and my study permit were approved after 3 weeks of application (since we are applying from US).

Lesson to learnt:

1) Never lose hope. Miracles do happens. Always believe.

2) Never let your past define your future. Your past is gone and you don't have control over it again, however, your future is still ahead and you can control it. Therefore, focus on what you can control.

3) Never let anything or anyone stop you from achieving your dream. Obstacles are part of life, nobody, low or bad GPA should not stop you . When you fall, please stand up, dust yourself, reload and move forward. Quitters never win and Winners never lose.

4) Never let age put a limit on your dream. I started my masters degree at the age of 40 years and 16 years after having my BSc degree. Now, I have master degree from a reputable university and should complete my PhD degree in next few years. You can always achieve your dream at any age if you are resilient and persistent.

5) Follow your dream no matter the challenges. Redirect your steps if one is not working and keep pushing forward.

6) Above all, HOLD ON TO GOD AND KEEP BELIEVING IN HIS AMAZING POWER, GRACE AND MERCY. His is a miracle working God and He will always come through for you.

I do hope that I am able to encourage myself with my abridged testimony.

Hmmmmm
Congratulations my brother, this is a big Testimony,, please all this rejection was it just school rejection or both VO rejection?

Once again congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
sanjay01:
Apply may 11, biometric done on may 14, refusal on june 11

I would advise you request for your GCMS Note so as get detailed reasons for refusal and avoid same pitfalls when reapplying. It is well...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Please, Am applying as main applicant does my wife need police report beause she accompanying to Canada, am sure my children of 3 years and 1 y does not need police report
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ratawu:

It is better they take more time to thoroughly look at your dossier and approve it than the hasty and shoddy job being done in Nairobi and get refused on funny grounds.

Bro, please clarify me on this paper route submission.

Is it that one's documents are physically submitted in a designated office here in Nigeria, but they are then sent to Nairobi for appraisal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello guys, please when and how do one get a work permit as a student after arrival in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vikmeek: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello house.

I got delayed due to insufficient funds. This is the only issue pointed out by VO. actually my bank statement from my sponsor wasn't good enough.

How do I tackle this issue of insufficient fund cos my sponsors don't want to release account with large balance reasons best known to them.

Is there any agent that can help me tackle this singular insufficient fund pls

Also is it possible I use someone that is not related to me as sponsor. The person will get an affidavit of sponsorship.

Kindly help me lay emphasis on this pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
Martswoll:
Hello guys, please when and how do one get a work permit as a student after arrival in Canada.

You do not need a work permit. Your study permit qualifies you to work 20 hours per week. Check your study permit to ensure that this is indicated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dolzz: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
makano:
You are over 90% close to getting ur student permit. I will advise you keep mute since they haven't requested for it all dis while. If it's that important, they would have requested for it. So keep calm and when they request for it, then u can submit it. Buh am sure the next mail you would get frm CIC is ur Visa mail. Congrats in advance

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by holubukola(f): 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1 please help a sister is it possible or achievable after finishing my MSC in UK to apply for ph.d in Canada with hubby and 2kids?
Please I will be expecting your counsel and advise

Frankrobbn1:

A guided one from HiSignature.

Sure, you can apply and change your status from visitor to student while you are in Canada. However, your chances of getting an approval is slim. In as much as one of the major conditions of being approved for a study permit is to show that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans whatsoever on remaining in Canada after studies. If you are already in Canada on a visiting visa, it will be more difficult to prove ties to your home country. Once refused within Canada, it also lowers your chances of getting an approval when you apply from your home country because you have violated the terms and conditions imposed on your visiting visa by attempting to change your status to a study visa.

You would be better off leaving Canada and applying from outside of Canada (Nigeria). You have a higher chance of approval if you apply from your home country, because it is much more easier to show ties to your home country and a plus to your application, in the sense that you have demonstrated to the visa officer that you were on a visiting visa to Canada but have to return back to your home country to apply for a study permit, which adds more credibility to your study permit application and further evidence that you will abide to the terms and conditions of your study permit when issued to you.

People who apply within Canada, don't apply directly inside Canada at Vegreville, They have to travel all the way from Canada to the US (Los Angeles) to apply for a study permit. Most often, these are students who have completed a short term program like ESL/FSL while on a visiting visa to Canada and then decide to further for a higher studies(a degree).

Cc: Goldenegg

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tomiwa18: 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Good evening house, .Female,30,single,employed,got a study leave letter from my employer,part scholarship from my employer, paid 50% of my fee,used my savings account as statement of account, partially sponsored by self and employer, no ties in canada,travel history is Ghana,medicals upfront,police report.I applied 8th may and collected my passport on 5th june 2018.
I was refused Canada student permit because of the following reasons; I have not satisfied that you would leave Canada at the end stay of your as a temporary resident. I considered several factors, including; travel history, purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status.Please what is the process of requesting for GCIMS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Question
1. Do you take police report for your wife?
I know children does not need police report
2. Do you fill form for your own siblings, as in your brother and sister
3. Do you include your in-law birth certificate as in your father and mother in-law birth certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
how much was the closing balance of the SOA u submitted?
vikmeek:
Hello house.

I got delayed due to insufficient funds. This is the only issue pointed out by VO. actually my bank statement from my sponsor wasn't good enough.

How do I tackle this issue of insufficient fund cos my sponsors don't want to release account with large balance reasons best known to them.

Is there any agent that can help me tackle this singular insufficient fund pls

Also is it possible I use someone that is not related to me as sponsor. The person will get an affidavit of sponsorship.

Kindly help me lay emphasis on this pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Bro, please clarify me on this paper route submission.

Is it that one's documents are physically submitted in a designated office here in Nigeria, but they are then sent to Nairobi for appraisal?

They are sent to Nairobi for processing but the concern there is that most of the vital documents that explain your situation are left behind in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
Please does anyone have nairobi immigration email address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
ladyb4sure:
Guys is #180,000 too much for the below visa documentation?

Police Report

Comprehensive Medical Clearance
Application Bank Draft for the High Commission
Notarization and Editing of Affidavit of Support
Documentation
Pre-interview sessions will be provided if invited for interview.
VFS Fee
Biometrics Fee

Can I documents the above list with less than #120,000k

A well know Canadian Travel agent request I pay N180,000 for the above service.

Please, advice guys.
Yes it is too much, you can do it yourself for way less than 120k.
Police report = 3k-
Medical itself (I don't know why they said clearance)= #28,050 @ children's practice.
Application bank draft for high commission(I don't what they mean by this but I feel it's a way to syphon cash from you).
Notarization= not that important but even if you ,use do it, it goes for 500/document @highcourt ikeja(you can negotiate for less sef if you intend doing more than 3 documents).
Preinterview: Don't worry as cic won't call you for that (no fear as they have a lot on their head to arrange interview for you)= #0
VFS/BIOMETRIC FEE: #56,050 for paper app and close to 70k for online.
Do the math and see

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Once you do the medical you don't need to notify CIC, the approved centre will send to CIC within 3 working days. You will see the update on your CIC account. All the very best.
I am patiently waiting and praying for your approval. June won't pass you by bro.
NB: Feel free to contact cic if your app has exceeded the current processing time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Amen brother. Many thanks
mcobex:
I am patiently waiting and praying for your approval. June won't pass you by bro.
NB: Feel free to contact cic if your app has exceeded the current processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 5:46am On Jun 17, 2018
My suggestion might be useful or not.
CIC has a web form that enquiries can be made through. The promise response within 10 days.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?_ga=2.146488819.611153655.1529209880-204023929.1523765247

Via the form, you can choose the office your application is been processed.
It is only speculations that all paper application is treated in Nairobi, yes, statistics can show higher percentage been processed there but you can not be sure where yours is processed.
Since you submitted in Lagos, there is an option to choose Lagos office and I am sure they should be able to do their due diligence in tracking your application irrespective of the country where it is been forwarded to for processing.
If you choose Nairobi and your application is been processed in Accra, I doubt you'll get a response.
That said, I think the probability of getting a response from enquiry submitted via the web form might be higher than if coming from an individual's mail.

I wish you all the best

joe10:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nadigo(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2018
cecechi:

I replied your pm, we can talk better from there let's not over disturb the group.... regards
please ma how do i check for the pm you sent me can't find your response really not use to NL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vikmeek: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Jewel80:
how much was the closing balance of the SOA u submitted?

I submitted 4 SOA

sponsor 1, Mum: closing balance =1.5M NGN(a loan she requested for)

Sponsor 2, My cousin in US, closing balance= 6K USD

sponsor 3, My Uncle in UK. closing balance= 6K GBP

sponsor 4. My statement, closing balance =500K NGN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2018
Anyone here attending University of Waterloo this fall or am alone??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 10:06am On Jun 17, 2018
Lemia:
Anyone here attending University of Waterloo this fall or am alone??

Just wait, let me refire again after my refusal. We shall sail to UW together.

However, I hope we have more people going to UW.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 17, 2018
makano:
You are over 90% close to getting ur student permit. I will advise you keep mute since they haven't requested for it all dis while. If it's that important, they would have requested for it. So keep calm and when they request for it, then u can submit it. Buh am sure the next mail you would get frm CIC is ur Visa mail. Congrats in advance

This info is inaccurate, a Medical upfront isn't even close to 30% of approval let alone 90%.. its when a medical request is gotten that actually proves a sign of "close" approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2018
Anyone here going to McGill University by FALL 2018!! Let's connect..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anybody going to Kamloops this fall ? Let’s connect Abeg !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
vikmeek:

I submitted 4 SOA

sponsor 1, Mum: closing balance =1.5M NGN(a loan she requested for)

Sponsor 2, My cousin in US, closing balance= 6K USD

sponsor 3, My Uncle in UK. closing balance= 6K GBP

sponsor 4. My statement, closing balance =500K NGN

Whoa!..4 sponsors? Did you pay for tuition?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aderemi0001(m): 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hello ,
Please my wife school is not in the WES list of schools , can i still go on with the evaluation and hope it wont reduce our point and also she as an Msc in malaysia university , are we to the evaluation together or separately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Question

Paper route -Father applying for study permit

1. Do I need police report for my wife (accompanying spouse ) not the main applicant ?
I know children does not need police report true or false?
2. Do I need to fill form for my own siblings, as in my brother and sister? Siblings of main applicant though they are not accompanying me
3. Do my wife need to include her father and mother birth certificate ....... as in my father and mother in-law birth certificate

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.