Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783223 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by lordcabasa(m): 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ratawu:

Bros, no be fight now. I only advised that if you got the statement from an agent, let the house know so that you may be advised in that direction and if you truly got it from the bank, the advise will go in that direction.

Sorry if you were misunderstood but on my honor I aver strongly that I printed the statement of account myself from my bank and had my dad do same. The bank has agreed to do the needful by projecting a further proof in writing. I hope this helps me in clearing my name though. Why would I wanna risk a ban when doing it right is way easier. I wanna believe there was a mix up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
hotcakept2:
Hello guys........is it a must someone from Nigeria must take IELTS exam before the person can go for masters in canada? Expecting replies urgently thanks.

Not relevant to Nigeria as English is our mode of instruction in school. Check with your school, I know one school in Canada still requires students in Nigeria to take a test demonstrating their English proficiency.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Not relevant to Nigeria as English is our mode of instruction in school. Check with your school, I know one school in Canada still requires students in Nigeria to take a test demonstrating their English proficiency.

Thanks for replying....please I have 2 questions.

1. Which canadian school are you in?

2. Is it possible for one to apply for masters after completion of PGD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
hotcakept2:

Thanks for replying....please I have 2 questions.

1. Which canadian school are you in?

2. Is it possible for one to apply for masters after completion of PGD?

1. University of HardKnocks
2. Yes, absolutely!

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by 10shuare: 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
OK thank u so much.
jnyuwa02:

Section C is to be imputed with all relevant information about your sister's name, email, telephone number and other relevant information if applicable. Yes your sister is your representative to receive the Gcms notes on your behalf and should sign the column on representative before submitting it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by badtlimo(m): 1:08am On Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys I just submitted my application to Selkirk college for a two years undergraduate program though I have my ND... what are my chances with the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:13am On Mar 23, 2018
badtlimo:
Hi guys I just submitted my application to Selkirk college for a two years undergraduate program though I have my ND... what are my chances with the VO
badtlimo,

Why 2 years undergraduate program??
Do you mean a 2 year dipolma program? This is a red flag, you should have opted out for a bachelor's degree in same discipline than an ordinary dipolma program in Canada, a visa officer wants to see progression on your academic pursuit
When did you last left school, I mean when did you graduate and obtain your ND certification?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by badtlimo(m): 1:37am On Mar 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

badtlimo,

Why 2 years undergraduate program??
Do you mean a 2 year dipolma program? This is a red flag, you should have opted out for a bachelor's degree in same discipline than an ordinary dipolma program in Canada, a visa officer wants to see progression on your academic pursuit
When did you last left school, I mean when did you graduate and obtain your ND certification?
I think that is the only program the college have I tried checking everything like a bachelor's degree but I couldn't find any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asihanmi: 4:12am On Mar 23, 2018
She did her medicals 16th Feb and did a paper application for her study permit. How does she know the outcome of her medicals?

When did she submit the upfront medicals? Has she registered online and what does her status say about her medicals? Has she passed? Need a screenshot.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:55am On Mar 23, 2018
Asihanmi:
She did her medicals 16th Feb and did a paper application for her study permit. How does she know the outcome of her medicals?

When did she submit the upfront medicals? Has she registered online and what does her status say about her medicals? Has she passed? Need a screenshot.

She should register online on the CIC website, linking her application. She can see live updates and the status of her medicals there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Etap: 5:35am On Mar 23, 2018
Pls anyone with experience with univ.of sask should pls advice, i have done all i could to get a supervisor for fall term start but none is responding , im thinking of going ahead and submit application, i want to know if that will be resasonable been three weeks now that i keep sending out emails and transcript (2nd upper) for msc but no response, what do u think pls.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:15am On Mar 23, 2018
lordcabasa:

Sorry if you were misunderstood but on my honor I aver strongly that I printed the statement of account myself from my bank and had my dad do same. The bank has agreed to do the needful by projecting a further proof in writing. I hope this helps me in clearing my name though. Why would I wanna risk a ban when doing it right is way easier. I wanna believe there was a mix up.

You will be triumph at last. Is good that the bank writes them and also attach a new up to date statement.
You will laugh at last.
JUST KEEP CALM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys.
I got the reply below from my school after I asked about payment of school fees...
My concern is about the last statement...do I still go ahead with the payment or I simply show proof in my account..
Thanks

"Students can make payments to their student accounts, but it is not mandatory.

If a credit card is used for the payment, and a refund is granted at a later date, the refund is made to the credit card.

If the payment is made via a bank wire, then the refund is made to the bank of origin.

It may be best for you to demonstrate the proof of funds from your current bank account, etc."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:25am On Mar 23, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys.
I got the reply below from my school after I asked about payment of school fees...
My concern is about the last statement...do I still go ahead with the payment or I simply show proof in my account..
Thanks

If a credit card is used for the payment, and a refund is granted at a later date, the refund is made to the credit card.

If the payment is made via a bank wire, then the refund is made to the bank of origin.

It may be best for you to demonstrate the proof of funds from your current bank account, etc."

The school is simply recommending you not pay your school fees in advance, but concentrate on showing bank statements to the embassy that shows your ability to pay. As you know, paying school fees doesn't mean you would be given visa. You can pay school fees and still CIC will even tick that you lack means of support. I have seen it happen many a times. Praying that is not your portion. I will advice you go by the school recommendation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:31am On Mar 23, 2018
Etap:
Pls anyone with experience with univ.of sask should pls advice, i have done all i could to get a supervisor for fall term start but none is responding , im thinking of going ahead and submit application, i want to know if that will be resasonable been three weeks now that i keep sending out emails and transcript (2nd upper) for msc but no response, what do u think pls.Thanks

What program are you applying at USASK? There are many programs there that do not require first obtaining supervision. If you looking for supervisor, start first with a friendly letter, not robotic mailing of your resume and transcripts. Best wishes. Go to page 0 on this group and read how to obtain supervisor. Don't apply and waste your money if the program requires you first obtain supervision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 7:36am On Mar 23, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys.
Thanks

Paying tuition fees should have been a plus to your application but unfortunately, some visa officers see it as an act of desperation since it has been stated on the visa office instruction for Nigeria that paying tuition fees and other travel plans is at your own risk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 23, 2018
Thank you very much

jnyuwa02:

The school is simply recommending you not pay your school fees in advance, but concentrate on showing bank statements to the embassy that shows your ability to pay. As you know, paying school fees doesn't mean you would be given visa. You can pay school fees and still CIC will even tick that you lack means of support. I have seen it happen many a times. Praying that is not your portion. I will advice you go by the school recommendation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2018
Hi
The school specifically mentioned that applicant should not seek admission or email any of their lecturers...the information of the lecturers is just to show the range of courses the school offers...although I don't know if this information is only peculiar to law.
Best of luck
Etap:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2018
Barryston:
Hi
The school specifically mentioned that applicant should not seek admission or email any of their lecturers...the information of the lecturers is just to show the range of courses the school offers...although I don't know if this information is only peculiar to law.
Best of luck

It's all contingent on the program you want to study, many at USASK do not require prior obtainance of a supervisor, but a select few require it. Computer Science, etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by popobaba(m): 9:18am On Mar 23, 2018
bluegirl080115:

It's not compulsory to include a Police Character Certificate when submitting your application. The benefit of submitting a Police Report is for faster processing of security checks when your application gets to that stage. Just like the Medical Examination, it can be requested for by IRCC. Submitting a PCC and upfront Med are both for faster processing in the areas of Security & Health Checks

Thank you very much...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Hello everyone. I am considering using the same upfront medicals I used in my last application in June 2017. Medical report is valid for 1year right? I plan to reapply early next month April. Do you advise I do another medicals or use same one?

Also I cant find the medical slip and I need the UMI number for the hospital to issue another report. Is there somewhere I can check to retrieve this UMI number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
badtlimo:
I think that is the only program the college have I tried checking everything like a bachelor's degree but I couldn't find any
badtlimo,
Apply to a university and go for a bachelor's degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

jnyuwa02,

Supported by me!... This is a guided one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ratawu:

Paying tuition fees should have been a plus to your application but unfortunately, some visa officers see it as an act of desperation since it has been stated on the visa office instruction for Nigeria that paying tuition fees and other travel plans is at your own risk.
Ratawu,

Well said! You're correct!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
annaliese88:
Hello everyone. I am considering using the same upfront medicals I used in my last application in June 2017. Medical report is valid for 1year right? I plan to reapply early next month April. Do you advise I do another medicals or use same one?

Also I cant find the medical slip and I need the UMI number for the hospital to issue another report. Is there somewhere I can check to retrieve this UMI number?

Medicals is valid for twelve months correct! Contact the hospital you did your medicals before and see if after this vast passage of time they would be so generous to resend your medicals. They should be able to help you too with info # you seek.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayo993: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2018
hello, please how much is university of saskatchewa school fees for september 2018 also has anyone gotten admission into department of agric economics. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2018
annaliese88:

annaliese88,

You don't need to undergo any medicals again, it's still valid. Use the same E-medical slip issued to you by the hospital.
But since you said the medical slip is no where to be found, you have to call the hospital where you carried out the medical test, give them relevant details about you.. Like the date of the previous medicals, your full name, and passport no(if required) and let them resend the medical slip to your email. There might be an administrative fee for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Torontoparrot(m): 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

1. University of HardKnocks
2. Yes, absolutely!

Best wishes!
hello, pls what is the protocol when it comes to writing SOP, hand written or typed? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Etap: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

What program are you applying at USASK? There are many programs there that do not require first obtaining supervision. If you looking for supervisor, start first with a friendly letter, not robotic mailing of your resume and transcripts. Best wishes. Go to page 0 on this group and read how to obtain supervisor. Don't apply and waste your money if the program requires you first obtain supervision.

Thank u so much the graduate programe requires a supervisor, and i contacted more that 10 of them still no reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
Etap:

Thank u so much the graduate programe requires a supervisor, and i contacted more that 10 of them still no reply

Hi brother,

Just to cheer you up and raise your spirit, 10 is a very small number. I contacted more than 50 professors in different schools when i was looking for a supervisor, i was able to get offer from 30 percent of them but no funding. But with a little perseverance, I got the perfect offer.

widen your search and Ensure you are making the right approach with those professors and you will get your supervisor. Read page 0 of part 13 for more help.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

annaliese88,

You don't need to undergo any medicals again, it's still valid. Use the same E-medical slip issued to you by the hospital.
But since you said the medical slip is no where to be found, you have to call the hospital where you carried out the medical test, give them relevant details about you.. Like the date of the previous medicals, your full name, and passport no(if required) and let them resend the medical slip to your email. There might be an administrative fee for this.

I called the hospital. But they are saying the UNI number is the only thing they can use to access my record. I asked if date, passport number etc can suffice, but theu said no.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
annaliese88:

I called the hospital. But they are saying the UNI number is the only thing they can use to access my record. I asked if date, passport number etc can suffice, but theu said no.

Hello,

If the clinic you used is children practice. ...,

I know you can get a reprint sent to your mail. i was in a similar situation last year. The first person that attended to me wasnt so nice but the subsequent person was nice and he sent to my mail free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.