Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,585 members, 7,801,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (781220 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Markab: 3:53am On Apr 23, 2018
Congratulations, we await you in London cheesy

Thebushboy:
A P P R O V A L ! ! !
Thebushboy1 applied March 13 Fanshawe College, Paper route, Medical request 28th March, Medicals done on 3rd April. Approval on 17th April, 2018.

See me wey just dey congratulate people some minutes ago.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. God bless you all.

Warm wishes,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:11am On Apr 23, 2018
Martswoll:
So guys my status just had an update saying

“ we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements “

According to my image is this ip1 or ip2 and how close is medical call from now?

P.s : Been showing “ we are processing background check “ even before this recent update

This isn’t EXpress Entry! Ip1 and Ip2 are algorithms associated with the process in Express Entry skilled work PR application. This is student visa application. You are not close to medical call. Your security check has not cleared. They are checking your eligibility already before security clears, this is weird and did not follow the usual trend. But that is CIC for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 6:13am On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This isn’t EXpress Entry! Ip1 and Ip2 are algorithms associated with the process in Express Entry skilled work PR application. This is student visa application. You are not close to medical call. Your security check has not cleared. They are checking your eligibility already before security clears, this is weird and did not follow the usual trend. But that is CIC for you.

Cause for concern? Because the eligibility review just started like on 21st after 7 weeks of seeing only Background check in progress. My acceptance letter says school starts May 7th , though I’ve deferred could it be a factor to the unusual trend too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 6:16am On Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for taking out time to respond to me and others on this forum - highly appreciate. Your explanation is noted. Just a quick one, with my given situation and knowing she would be there for 4yrs and likely work .... will it not be advisable to apply for an SOWP at this time for my wife - can't an SOWP be approved under my given circumstance (just for clarity bro)? Once again, thank you sooooooooooo much!

jnyuwa02:

No!! Student permit for you and visiting visa for your family. I recommended SoWp earlier thinking you had no travel history, which would make it extremely difficult for your family to win a visiting visa even though you have the funds to support them. But since you have extensive travel history, go ahead and apply for visiting visa for them and student visa for yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ibbond(m): 6:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Yuyukoko:
Hi everyone! Please please, is there anyone going to Concordia University of Edmonton this Sept 2018 and yet to apply for study permit? Please reply.
Also can anyone put me through how to request for a gcms note?
I can't wait to start this masters... I can't give up!

Heading for Concordia University of Edmonton fall 2018. Will be applying for my study permit in May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 6:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Vizzle4sure:

Thanks alot. Any other information you think I might need? Please I really need info and advise. I paid Activity fee on Friday and it is non refundable and will pay tution fee on monday. so I want to get it right to avoid loss of money. Please assist me (vizzle4sure@gmail.com)
, how do u guys pay ur tuition n how is d convention rate like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ibbond(m): 6:21am On Apr 23, 2018
Yuyukoko:

Omg! I almost started feeling Nigerians aren't many in that school! . Teach me how to privately chat with you or maybe via email will be fine.
Thank you!

Lol... email is ibbond@live.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:
Thanks for taking out time to respond to me and others on this forum - highly appreciate. Your explanation is noted. Just a quick one, with my given situation and knowing she would be there for 4yrs and likely work .... will it not be advisable to apply for an SOWP at this time for my wife - can't an SOWP be approved under my given circumstance (just for clarity bro)? Once again, thank you sooooooooooo much!

SOWP can only be applied for when the main applicant's trv has been approved, so its either you apply alone first then once you get approved you can now apply for your family or you apply for visiting for your family and on getting to Canada it will be converted.
NB: Hope you have your marriage certificate? cos it will come handy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2018
Please gurus..... It is possible I can get police clearance from Alagbon on Saturday?

Do they work on Saturday?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:38am On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Keep helping souls man. Bravo to your hand works too.

Thanks man! What happened to you bro, how comes you are not helping much like before?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2018
Martswoll:

Cause for concern? Because the eligibility review just started like on 21st after 7 weeks of seeing only Background check in progress. My acceptance letter says school starts May 7th , though I’ve deferred could it be a factor to the unusual trend too?

No cause for concern since you have deferred. Not a factor for the unusual trend. The process will run its course rest assured.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:

Yes you can apply for SOWP for your wife right now if you are not in a hurry after your approval. If your resumption is in the fall, I will highly recommend you do that. If your resumption is next month, you are out of time and visiting visa is more expeditious.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thank you bro - resumption is in Fall 18' (good news I can still do it) but can't both applications be approved at the same time Just wondering why it has to been done separate - for both pathways, the intention is the same (thinking out loud!!!... )anyway, the advise is noted!

jnyuwa02:

Yes you can apply for SOWP for your wife right now if you are not in a hurry after your approval. If your resumption is in the fall, I will highly recommend you do that. If your resumption is next month, you are out of time and visiting visa is more expeditious.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
Yes I do have the marriage cert - thanks for the info and concern bro.

mcobex:
SOWP can only be applied for when the main applicant's trv has been approved, so its either you apply alone first then once you get approved you can now apply for your family or you apply for visiting for your family and on getting to Canada it will be converted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:
Thank you bro - resumption is in Fall 18' (good news I can still do it) but can't both applications be approved at the same time Just wondering why it has to been done separate - for both pathways the intention is the same (thinking out loud!!!... anyway, the advise is noted!

Yes application can be approved at the same time or simultaneously, in fact that is always the case if you apply both visas together. If applying for SOWP, you will have to wait for your visa to go through before applying for your wife and children to join. SOWP likely to be granted before the fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Thanks....

jnyuwa02:

Yes application can be approved at the same time or simultaneously, in fact that is always the case if you apply both visas together. If applying for SOWP, you will have to wait for your visa to go through before applying for your wife and children to join. SOWP likely to be granted before the fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
Martswoll:
So guys my status just had an update saying

“ we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements “

According to my image is this ip1 or ip2 and how close is medical call from now?

P.s : Been showing “ we are processing background check “ even before this recent update

Hello @Martswoll. Just to clarify. Do you have travel history? In my own case, I have been in Canada before for Vacation and my status is still saying that background checks are being conducted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
cjswitch:
Hello good people I need ur advice I want to do masters in Canada n stay back also I need ur help dis is my number 09067232558 if won't mind been added to any watsapp group thanks

You can use an agent if you cannot read from page one. People who are in Canada weren't spoonfed information.

If you're interested, start from page one, understand and digest the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
I just submitted my paper application for trv. Hope to here Gud response

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cjswitch(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
Olalekank:

You can use an agent if you cannot read from page one. People who are in Canada weren't spoonfed information.

If you're interested, start from page one, understand and digest the information.
thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MightyGIE: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
mcobex:

How true is this please? From school's pages and from discussion with VFS, you can apply for SOWP at same time as the student applying for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
rolorolo:

Hello @Martswoll. Just to clarify. Do you have travel history? In my own case, I have been in Canada before for Vacation and my status is still saying that background checks are being conducted.

Yeah bro 4 years in Turkish Republic of North Cyprus, 3 days visit visa turkey, 10 days tourist to the Republic of Georgia.

My status just started showing “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements “. However background check is still under processing still even before eligibility updates . Waiting medicals too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Aghatise:
Thank you bro - resumption is in Fall 18' (good news I can still do it) but can't both applications be approved at the same time Just wondering why it has to been done separate - for both pathways, the intention is the same (thinking out loud!!!... )anyway, the advise is noted!

Please, what is SOWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hi.

Please, I'll like to know if I can apply for Express entry into Canada and also pursue academic route i.e. student visa, simultaneously. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by manlikegb: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

seyo99,

Use the below link to order for your GCMS Note. It goes for $5, but you will require someone who is a Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student that is legally residing in Canada to help order this note for you. You will need to input their address on the form, fill the form and resend it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

Or better still, ask for the person's address over there in Canada, download the form and complete payment here in Nigeria.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

@Frankrobbn1, good day to you. Please I'll like to ask if there's anything I need to do concerning this. I requested for GCMS notes through ATIP on March 23, 2018. Its exactly 30 calendar days today and I'm yet to receive any email from them. Is there anything I need to do at this point please? Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
manlikegb:

@Frankrobbn1, good day to you. Please I'll like to ask if there's anything I need to do concerning this. I requested for GCMS notes through ATIP on March 23, 2018. Its exactly 30 calendar days today and I'm yet to receive any email from them. Is there anything I need to do at this point please? Thanks for your time.

After 30 days, write them at this email:IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Be sure to reference your tracking number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
Martswoll:

Yeah bro 4 years in Turkish Republic of North Cyprus, 3 days visit visa turkey, 10 days tourist to the Republic of Georgia.

My status just started showing “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements “. However background check is still under processing still even before eligibility updates . Waiting medicals too
Alright then. Fingers crossed and let us hope for the best.
Guru in the house, is it ok that one has both background and eligibility checks running at the same time? I felt background check needs to be completed before proceeding to eligibility.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Just out of curiosity, what will be the status of the background check in the application portal once the background checks have been completed by CIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
kylexy61:

Just out of curiosity, what will be the status of the background check in the application portal once the background checks have been completed by CIC?

Background check completed!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
rolorolo:

Alright then. Fingers crossed and let us hope for the best.
Guru in the house, is it ok that one has both background and eligibility checks running at the same time? I felt background check needs to be completed before proceeding to eligibility.

They can run together and be completed simultaneously!! But the normal process is for background check to be completed, kicking off eligibility review. Sometimes CIC can give you result of eligibility review within 24 hours of the completion of background check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Brendaugo20: 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hello I got rejected for the second time, the first was based of insufficient fund. The second one is
1: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection216(1) based on your purpose of stay.
2: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in subsection 216(1) based on your personal assets and financial status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.