Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. (1025 Views)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? / Atheism Is A Religion / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2018
Someone invited me for a church program on saturday and i informed him i would bebusy watching football match. he labelled me an unserious person with my rreligion . i told him saturdays, my religion is football. am i the only one who feel soccer is evolving into a form of religion,?
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2018
ritual

Players performing regular repeated behaviour called rituals on the pitch. ; Chelsea loanee zouma bowshis head to the ground as soon as he enrers the pitch. Kaka doing sign of the cross the moment he scores a agoal.fans sing songs and hymn on match day.

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 7:54am On Mar 10, 2018
Both are taken serious ; people don’t go to church to have fun.viewers don’t go to viewing center just to be entertained.

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 7:56am On Mar 10, 2018
Both are institutions meant to promote teamwork, love etc.Feeling of togetherness among similar group.; going to stadium is like going to church.

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2018
4Each has its constitution and structured pattern which is used to achieve a goal. They are bodieswith rules and punishment for deterrence. Referees,pastors and imam are thereto remind members of rules and ensure they are enforced.
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2018
Competition is key: in Nigeria, there is a struggle over which religion is the dominant one same way fans believe their club is the best. Followers are kin on gathering more believers for God as clubs want to buy the best talent to play for them.
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2018
Conversion to opposite side is frowned at; Liverpool fans burnt down Fernando torress jersey when he signed for opponents Chelsea. Jehovah witness withdrewlove for their members who threaten to 7live the fold. Muslims who wish to convert to Christianity are disowned or beaten to death
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2018
Both lead to violence ; fans fight each other during matches on stadium and viewing centers. Muslim-christian fight occur frequently in kaduna

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2018
Both have their symbol of faith. Trophies, gloves ,balls bible and jersey.srrkers of kingdom, loyal devotees, shrine-hall of fame.
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2018
0Both worship the living as well as dead heroes. Lionel messi is adored by barca fans as daddy adeboye is. They are treated more than celebrities. Make a negative remark about cronaldo or oyedepo and watch his faithful attack you as they have done to freeze. Statues are built to honour them. Statue of st Thomas aquinass and statue of maradonna

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2018
ronically, both collect money from their faithfull football clubs sell jersey as most churches sell handkerchiel, olive oil etc. some churches collect gatefee from members in form of tithe offering or donation the wa faithfuls pay to watch match.
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2018
lalastical mynd

1 Like

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by Greatzeus(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
tobechi74:
ronically, both collect money from their faithfull football clubs sell jersey as most churches sell handkerchiel, olive oil etc. some churches collect gatefee from members in form of tithe offering or donation the wa faithfuls pay to watch match.
You tried. Nice Analogy
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by suwalee(f): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
tobechi74:
4Each has its constitution and structured pattern which is used to achieve a goal. They are bodieswith rules and punishment for deterrence. Referees,pastors and imam are thereto remind members of rules and ensure they are enforced.
hi tobechi how come u know all these? Did u study human kinetics and sports science ? Come to think of it this thread is part of my course outline this semester nice one
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by saintvc(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2018
when two teamspray to God TO WIN, which would GOD ANSWER
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Greatzeus:

You tried. Nice Analogy
thanks
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by Godssword1(m): 11:22am On Mar 13, 2018
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
suwalee:
hi tobechi how come u know all these? Did u study human kinetics and sports science ? Come to think of it this thread is part of my course outline this semester nice one
no, didnt study sport. thanks
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by 0temSapien: 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
tobechi74:
Someone invited me for a church program on saturday and i informed him i would bebusy watching football match. he labelled me an unserious person with my rreligion . i told him saturdays, my religion is football. am i the only one who feel soccer is evolving into a form of religion,?
That is going to become an official religion in the nearest future of atheists, thinkers and non-religious people filling the whole world. To that end I have already composed a song last year.

Doctufos: Worldly Music
Chapter Eleven
1-5
A song of Otem: Football Is My Religion

1. I have one big religion, it unites the world. It's the sphere we kick from here to there while we dwell on the bigger sphere. There's no better union both home and abroad. It's a fair play to pick our dear football we kick upon earth's sphere. It unites the world more than any religion of the world. It gives pleasure better than any form of thing on earth.

2. So I declare my religion, it's football I have chosen. I don't worship the round leather but I enjoy to be with it than any deity of the ancient world. I'd rather kick my football than weeping tears of emotions before a god. It sweetens me when I'm watching it. I give my time to it. Football is my religion.

3. I weep tears of emotion when a sportman dies on the field. If we had seen it coming I say we could have made a shield. There's no beefing an opponent player who's dying on the pitch. We put fair play forward and come together to save the . It helps the opponent more than any religion of the world. It doesn't kill anyone who's changed his former club unlike the bad religions.

4. So I declare my religion, it's football I have chosen. I don't worship the round leather but I enjoy to be with it than any deity of the ancient world. I'd rather kick my football than weeping tears of emotions before a god. It sweetens me when I'm watching it, I give my time to it. Football is my religion.

5. When a sportman is down with deadly disease, we don't say it's good for him. It's a good example for some religions to learn. I'd rather send message of love to a dying opponent than say it is my god that is killing him as the bad religions do. I'm glad we have the round leather, it promotes love. Fighting out racism too.
https://www.nairaland.com/3924665/worldy-music-compiled-otem-billions/1

2 Likes

Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by tobechi74: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lalastica, mynd44
Re: Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
tobechi74:

(1) (Reply)

CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. / Short Christian Movies / Help! What Could This Mean? I Keep Seeing 11 11:11. See Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.