Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

One Error Doesn't Make Them Fake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Error Doesn't Make Them Fake (308 Views)

Judaism Faithful Disown Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Members, Call Them Fake / Adam & Eve: The Whole Story Doesn't Make Sense - Until Now / God Doesn't Make Sense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Error Doesn't Make Them Fake by ify84(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2018
I have realised that we tend to easily group pastors running with certain wrong doctrine as fake men of God or false teachers but that is a wrong generalisation.

Adeboye is a great man of God, he may have one or two wrong view on things, he is a Christian and doing many great things right. Oyedepo may have wrong view on lavish lifestyle or amassing wealth but that man has done great things, he is not fake.

Is it the young Paul Eneche, he may place a curse on non tithers but that's just a wrong interpretation, Eneche is a born again. Even my man, Abel Damina that preaches heresy sometimes, is not a fake man of God. Mensa Otabil may tag different blessings to different amount you give, that man is a Christian.

And many others. We should not be quick to term them fake, especially on their views or doctrine on money, raising funds, lifestyle, deliverance, etc anybody can get it wrong, doesn't mean that they are fake.

These men are popular already, that's why we may easily notice their errors but even someone like me (very unpopular yet) may still have some wrong views but not yet subjected to severe public scrutiny. I won't be happy if someone tag me fake because of a little mistake in the way I interpreted/see a verse or chapter.

We should therefore not generalise so fast by calling these great fathers as fake because of a wrong doctrine they hold. But we must continue to point out such errors for the sake of the gospel and not accused them of being fake men.

Nevertheless, there are some outrightly fake pastors, especially, these prophets here and there, and they can be pointed out for the sake of the gospel as well. By their fruits you shall know them.

Uzuegbu Ifeanyi

(1) (Reply)

* Stop That Bleaching * / Benue Killings Move Me To Tears ―pastor Adeboye / Why You Will Ever Remain A Sinner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.