Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,429 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:16 PM

Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H (970 Views)

Scores Of People Were Massacred In Ebonyi & We Are Discussing Emir Dethronement? / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / Jet Bombs Fulani Militia In Adamawa After They Massacred Villagers (Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by newslinkngr: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has described the killing of innocent Nigerians by suspected Fulani herdsmen as senseless.

The former president expressed sadness over the gruesome murder of Benue people in their homes by the herdsmen, saying it was shocking.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/obasanjo-wept-at-grave-side-of-73.html
He was received at the Makurdi Airport by Governor Samuel Ortom and members of his cabinet on Saturday morning.

The Governor led him straight to the graveside of the Benue 73 who were massacred by herdsmen on New Year Day in Logo and Guma local government areas of the state located at Genabe village.

The former President said he was in the state to pay a condolence visit and to express his sorrow over the killings.

Obasanjo said, “It is sad beyond description and that is why I have taken it upon myself, having been to Maiduguri where we had a meeting of Zero Hunger Forum. If circumstances were normal, the Benue governor would have been with us.
“So, I am here to pay a condolence visit and share the sadness of Benue people with them.

“I felt coming to the graveside and laying a wreath will express my sorrow and my sympathy and empathy with the family, the Governor, all the people of the state and indeed, all Nigerians without any exception. A Nigerian life lost is loss to all of us.
“Hearing that aside the 73 buried here, more than 80 others have been killed in different parts of Benue is even more shocking to I believe it will be more shocking to all Nigerians who will be hearing that. There is no doubt that we haven’t got it right. We haven’t got it right because whatever is behind this, normally in any civilized society we must get to the root of it.
“And until we get to the root of this we will be burying victims. We will be assuming what is not assumable, because we must know why is this happening and who we must put and end to it. And somebody must accept the responsibility to put an end to this. If it has to be a collective responsibility, then so be it. But there must be an end to it.”

“We cannot talk of a free country, a secure country, a country where we will want development to take place, where we will want to invite investors from outside and from inside and we are suffering this type of senselessness.

“I do hope that there would be an end to this. Gorvernor, please accept my condolence and do not give up trying to work with men and women that have the interest of this state and the interest of Nigeria at heart to find a permanent solution.

“This to me goes beyond what is on the surface. And we need to find out what is at the bottom of it. And that is the responsibilities of leaders and of course, they must leave no stone unturned to find what the root cause of this and put a stop to it.
“We must know why it is happening and we must put an end to it, someone must take responsibility to put an end to it. We cannot talk of a free, secure country where we will want development to take place and investors to come to be suffering this type of senselessness.
“Nothing can be worse than what we have seen here; graveside of innocent people who should not have died that have died. The living still have hope, but those who have died are gone forever. Those who lost their loved ones, what do we say to them? Since I have taken time to come here, I will try to see anything that is worth seeing but finding solution is paramount,” Obasanjo said.

Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by RZArecta2(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Meanwhile, terrorist Buhari hasn't yet set foot in this state since the killings happened and even had to be heckled before he agreed to come over. The blood of all innocent middle belters and indeed all Nigerians killed by these terrorist herdsmen is on Buhari's head, he shall know no rest as long as he even remotely condoned the killings. Evil man

Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by saarumann: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
Let's wait and see the number of projects terrorist buhari will commission in Benue on Monday.
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by Damibiz(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Thanks for ur condolencez,bt sir u re the cause of Corruption nd any other social vicez in Nigeria.....when u collected power frm the military govt as the first civilian/democratic president,u had all the opportunities of making Nigeria great bt what happened,revise is za case..u re still my best President ever....God bless u nd Bless Nigeria....bt as for bubu,daura is ur next destination
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by bigtt76(f): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
All na wash!
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by saarumann: 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
RZArecta2:
Meanwhile, terrorist Buhari hasn't yet set foot in this state since the killings happened and even had to be heckled before he agreed to come over. The blood of all innocent middle belters and indeed all Nigerians killed by these terrorist herdsmen is on Buhari's head, he shall know no rest as long as he even remotely condoned the killings. Evil man
Well said. The blood of those shed by fulani killers will rest on buhari's head.

Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by chuksjuve(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
Meanwhile buhari is busy campaigning rather than pay condolence to the affected people ..

This country is really upside down!!
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by forreelinc(m): 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
grin yinmu! This guy sabi cry sha
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by MONITZ: 12:44am On Mar 11, 2018
And y did the drama king cry?He should enjoy the change he helped foist on Nigerians ,when the going was good we saw them all smiles Bt now the presidiot is a monster who wouldn't listen to anyone or even take advice from people that should matter,he is simply on a roll and neither does he have any clue as to how to solve the problems bedeviling the country.

He is simply our own modern Emperor Nero who fiddled while his country burnt ,he is only there as a figure head to fill the quota of the hegemonic born to rule northerners,daz all..A system that places ethnicity/mediocrity in the way of qualifications because were it not so this man doesn't even qualify to be a L.G.A chairman..
Re: Obasanjo Wept At The Grave Side Of The 73 Benue's Who Were Massacred By Fulani H by omololu2020(m): 12:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Crocodile tears,obj is one of the reason Nigeria is this underdevelop.

More than 73 people where killed by soldiers in zaka biam during the obj government, he knows about it,through out his administration he never prosecuted the military personnel who were involved in the massacre.

I have no respect for OBJ

Breaking: 11 Trucks Loaded With Boko Haram Enters Dapchi / BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Joins 2019 Presidential Race / What Buhari Promised Us And What He Gave Us - Reno Omokri