Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood (8002 Views)

Stop Joking With Hell Fire / "The Devil Loves Sex Too" By Sunday Akanni Moshood / Free Sex Is Not Free: A Warning For Guys - Sunday Akanni Moshood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by skydeexie(m): 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
frosbel2:
Hell Fire is MYTH !!

So, where are your facts to prove it is a myth?

The Rich Man and Lazarus
Luke 16:19-31
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Revelation 22:10-17
10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

Invitation and Warning
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Choosing life everlasting is a choice!
Rejecting Jesus is also a free choice, and when you do, you are choosing hell as your final eternal abode.

The Bible's Final Advice is found in the book of Deuteronomy 30:19

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live!"

All quotations are from the New International Version (NIV).

I rest my case for the existence of hell or else tell me why wrong doing is punished here on earth? Why not allow a state of lawlessness to prevail?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
skydeexie:

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

Invitation and Warning
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Rejecting Jesus is also a free choice, and when you do, you are choosing hell as your final eternal abode.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live!"

I rest my case for the existence of hell or else tell me why wrong doing is punished here on earth? Why not allow a state of lawlessness to prevail?

the onus is not on us to disprove hell but on you to present evidence to what you are saying

It is just like me coming out to claim that I know what the result of the Barca Chelsea game would be and since you cannot disprove me then I'm correct
Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Rozaytee: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

you are wrong,Christianity makes up about 33% of the world population and am sure that if we carefully examine that 33% we might end up with more than 30% hell bound "christians" that I can assure you,do the maths and we have just about 3% christians in the world right now that will go to heaven if they die right now,so from the people living right now we are sure that 97% of the world's population are heading to hell following Christian standards for going to heaven or hell, now this is just our generation alone,people who have died and those yet to be born are not included,l.
If there is no other reason for you to see how ridiculous hell is,I think I just gave you one,so except you are saying that the conditions for getting to heaven would be changed from the ones given in the bible, I can assure you that over 90% of the people who lived and those living would not go to heaven

Right now I find the concept of hell a threat to the society
d thought of hell needs to scare people so dey can change their evil ways
Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by TrajansKong: 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rozaytee:

Really? Just what kind of people do you hang around??

Only criminal psychopaths think like this. It should concern you...

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 12, 2018
Rozaytee:

well apparently it does and sometimes it doesn't,but the truth is that nobody ever sees him or herself going to hell,and atheists can relate to what am about to say now,even when our parents and loved ones are aware that we don't believe in "God" they never seem much concerned that we would go to hell,that is because in their minds even though they believe in hell because it is part of the Christian faith,they just can not accommodate the thought that their beloved child would end up there

Now let me drop something Jesusly

"If your earthly parents who finitely love you can not imagine much less accept the thought of you being in hell,how much me your heavenly father who loves you more than tour parents,

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Megaflex(m): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2018
undecided
skydeexie:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Invitation and Warning

grin
skydeexie:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Invitation and Warning

And you call these facts?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Peacefullove: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2018
skydeexie:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Invitation and Warning

How exactly does the rich man and lazarus story proof hell ?

- Eyes, finger, tongue , water .. All appeared in the story , Do Spirit DRInk water ? Or is this not. An human. Description ?

- Or it's human. Body that goes to hell ?

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Peacefullove: 11:17am On Mar 12, 2018
Rozaytee:
dont worry after ur death u will know whether it exist or not

800 years ago... Where are you ?

If only you could think, You will already see what awaits you when you die .
Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Bluecurtain: 6:46am On Mar 14, 2018
skydeexie:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Mister, if by now,, you didn't know that this Abraham and Lazarus story is just a proverb, an analogy, a fable, then you don't know anything. Cos I wonder the proximity of hell to heaven that Abraham and Lazarus will be discussing about water and some other things.

Does that mean hell is so close to heaven that residents of both places can see,talk and hear each other without stress??

If hell is that close to heaven to the point that people in both places communicate easily, don't you think people in heaven won't even be at ease cos of the heat from hellfire.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2018
please for those people who believe in hell,how would you feel in heaven if you got there but unfortunately you noticed that all your family members and nearly every other person you love are in hell. Would you really be able to be happy and worship the person who sent your loved ones to such a terrible place ?
Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Aaronsrod: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2018
darkchild64:
please for those people who believe in hell,how would you feel in heaven if you got there but unfortunately you noticed that all your family members and nearly every other person you love are in hell. Would you really be able to be happy and worship the person who sent your loved ones to such a terrible place ?
There is no love. Only Jesus.
There is no family. Only Jesus.
No peace. Only Jesus.
I would rejoice that the wicked are punished and praise the Almighty for His power over sinners and His mercy towards me. They will burn with my blessing and I will worship Him who has given me Life Eternal.
There is only the Family of God. All others must be cast into the Pit of Hell.
It is well.
Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Aaronsrod:

There is no love. Only Jesus.
There is no family. Only Jesus.
No peace. Only Jesus.
I would rejoice that the wicked are punished and praise the Almighty for His power over sinners and His mercy towards me. They will burn with my blessing and I will worship Him who has given me Life Eternal.
There is only the Family of God. All others must be cast into the Pit of Hell.
It is well.

you Christians can be scary

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood by Megaflex(m): 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
darkchild64:

you Christians can be scary
Bro really scary. Just imagine the guys comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Who Mocked God And What Happened To Them Afterward / Foot Fetish Pope Kisses Muslim Girl's ... (Photo + Video!) / Brazilian Gospel Singer Child Star, Jotta A Turns Transgender Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.