Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (32476 Views)

Why Only Jehovah's Witnesses Not Emphasize Tithing / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2018
jade14:

thats my annoyance with them....they use thier own discretion to complete meanings to bible context

True and I know. But I want him to direct me to the specific place that says so, because I know there may be things he missed from the place.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
ImaIma1:

Why is this "g" in small letter?

Because the Bible refer to them as men after their own bellies. Their bellies are their gods. By their fruits you shall know them. How many of Jesus disciples was ever accused of theft, fornication, adultery etc? But isn't that happening to your men of god today? Apostle Mustapha said he has never seen otobo before, but later we found out he was sending different kinds of currencies to her. Abi, I lie?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
Konye1:

Jehovah witnesses do not believe in spirits why?
Simple.. Science can not explain spirituality in its sense.

Jehovah witnesses claims that man is just dust but that is a lie!! Man is spirit he lives in a body and has a soul.

They believe everything must be explained based on evidences not just mere sayings and promises. That in itself is the definition of science; science is knowledge and facts obtained from a careful study.

As a christian, you can not correlate a lot of things based on evidences and facts.. For example ; Jesus feeding 5 thousand men with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes, Jesus being rasied from the dead after 3 days even after being emballmed, Etc

Jehovah witnesses claim the bible only offers comfort not healings and should not be used as a tool for getting rid of sickenesses.. This is very contrary to what the bible says.

In conclusion, you can not be a true christian and based your belief on science and facts.. Because God himself said "BELIEVE FIRST"... Faith believes blindly..

Oga sir, tell us why Paul didn't heal Timothy of his stomach problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ImaIma1(f): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2018
Maximus85:

Because the Bible refer to them as men after their own bellies. Their bellies are their gods. By their fruits you shall know them. How many of Jesus disciples was ever accused of theft, fornication, adultery etc? But isn't that happening to your men of god today? Apostle Mustapha said he has never seen otobo before, but later we found out he was sending different kinds of currencies to her. Abi, I lie?

So Apostle Mustapha is your basis for the conclusion. The fact that there is a fake is evident that there is an original.
Are there real men of the God in the world? You seem to focus more on the negative and base your argument on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
ImaIma1:

So Apostle Mustapha is your basis for the conclusion. The fact that there is a fake is evident that there is an original.
Are there real men of the God in the world? You seem to focus more on the negative and base your argument on it.

See, show me that Pastor and I will tell you a scripture that has judged him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ImaIma1(f): 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
Maximus85:

See, show me that Pastor and I will tell you a scripture that has judged him.

Don't bother i know you guys have a way of bringing out scriptures and tailoring it to suit your arguments.

A very close person to me was a former JW. So i know the modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
Maximus85:

Tell us sir why the bible records Jesus and his apostles healing people?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Konye1: 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
Maximus85:

You can ask paul yourself
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
ImaIma1:

You just said it all. They always focus on the negative side and base their argument on it. It's the way they have been programmed to think.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Tell us sir why the bible records Jesus and his apostles healing people?

Tell your pastor to go to the hospitals and healed all the sick. The morgue is there too, they should go resurrect the dead. Scammers.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2018
ImaIma1:

Don't bother i know you guys have a way of bringing out scriptures and tailoring it to suit your arguments.

A very close person to me was a former JW. So i know the modus operandi.

Liar. I will show you how four other scriptures would explain one Bible verse. There's nothing like a former JW.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 5:41am On Mar 13, 2018
jade14:

I also remember your pastor ct Russell selling wheat calling it "miracle wheat" at 100x the price, and recall his wife divorced him on grounds you knw..and your pastor and top members used contributions to live luxurious lives to the point of have custom made cars and vacation n party mansions..

and u say pastor Adebayo n co are scam better make research on ur church (oooh sorry, kingdom hall....as if whn Paul,peter and co used the word "church" the whr stupid )

I am sure he is unaware of the history of his organization or how the governing body are using their donated funds to settle pedophiles cases.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 5:49am On Mar 13, 2018
dogooder:

At the same time, must you people come here to say wrong things about Jehovahs Witnesses every week. What you dont know is that the more you think you are destroying them, the more you are promoting them. Satan himself has not succeeded in silencing JW, not to talk of you nairalanders. Keep on doing it, you are just propagating their names indirectly.

Who tells you Satan is interested in silencing them? Why would he when they are doing what he wants them to do and believed? Why should he?

When JWs have doctrines that are contrary to the Bible and are false, who are they serving?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by rottennaija(m): 5:49am On Mar 13, 2018
dudebuck:
No you are the one who is missing the point. Any pastor that says he or she is from God because he is performing miracles is not realy from God, either it is fake or the source of the power is from another place, definitely not from God, why? The Bible made it clear that the ability to perform powerful works will be done away with. Infact 1 Corinthians 13 made it very clear, that the mark of True Christians is if they have love among themselves, initially powerful works were used to convince people that God was with a particular person, but when the Knowledge is complete, it will no longer feature on the menu, at the time Apostle Paul wrote that letter, Bible was not yet complete, in fact that letter is part of the Bible. One thing true followers of Christ can have among themselves is love, but followers of the devil cannot have love among themselves, even the magic practicing priests of Egypt changed their staff to snakes in imitation of Moses.
John 13: 35 Says "by this all will knkw you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.

Be more specific, where exactly in 1 Co 13 says that when the complete Bible comes, that miracles and other spiritual gift will be no more?

I am still waiting for your answer. Because I have some things to draw to your attention. And no, this isn't persecution but purely Bible discussion (before you shout persecution.)

Maximus85 sagieramos
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ImaIma1(f): 6:13am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Liar. I will show you how four other scriptures would explain one Bible verse. There's nothing like a former JW.

I don't understand. You mean they never leave?

If you like bring out a million scriptures, i still maintain that not all pastors are fake. I bet you don't consider your own leaders(or whatever you call them) fake. You guys believe that you are the only ones truly serving God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Tell your pastor to go to the hospitals and healed all the sick. The morgue is there too, they should go resurrect the dead. Scammers.

Like she said not all pastors are scammers or fake. You look for the bad things and make your arguments based on them. Your belief that performing miracles ended with the first century Christians is not based on the bible but rather, on the fact that some illiterate old men in new York told you so.
Pastors are fake and scammers because your magazines say so. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 7:26am On Mar 13, 2018
ImaIma1:

If you like bring out a million scriptures, i still maintain that not all pastors are fake. I bet you don't consider your own leaders(or whatever you call them) fake. You guys believe that you are the only ones truly serving God.

No true Jehovah's Witness ever leaves. Jesus Christ is our leader and you know he's not fake.
And when everything we do is backed by the Bible, we can confidently say we are the only set of people serving God the only way he set out in the Bible.

Tell us one thing Jehovah's Witnesses do that is not in the Bible. We don't bring human traditions into our worship to Jehovah. We don't bring man made ideas into our teachings. We don't celebrate anything with pagan origin. Can you say the same about your church?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by prinzfavian(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2018
rottennaija:

Did you know? While Jesus performed miracles, many of the pharisees believe it was stage manage?
Scriptural proofs please, cos the last time I checked.... They believed the miracles were genuine just that they believed he got his powers from the devil and not God... So, show me where in the Bible where the pharisees believe his miracles were staged.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ImaIma1(f): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

No true Jehovah's Witness ever leaves. Jesus Christ is our leader and you know he's not fake.
And when everything we do is backed by the Bible, we can confidently say we are the only set of people serving God the only way he set out in the Bible.

Tell us one thing Jehovah's Witnesses do that is not in the Bible. We don't bring human traditions into our worship to Jehovah. We don't bring man made ideas into our teachings. We don't celebrate anything with pagan origin. Can you say the same about your church?

Is it Jesus Christ that conducts the meetings here? Kenneth Cook, a member of the governing body is Jesus Christ right? Whether you guys decide to call them leaders or followers of Christ...that's just semantics.

A true JW never leaves? That's what you guys tell yourself i guess. I guess wonder my friend's mum was disturbing me to make him return. Someone that was born into it. Some people actually have a mind of their own and would find things out for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Either you are a jw or not. Which one is true jw again? Jws leave your religion and are still leaving. Any religion that doesn't allow members leave at their own will is a CULT
People cannot leave your church because they are in bondage. Jesus Christ is not the 8 old men in new York heading a publishing company. Don't say Jesus Christ is your leader cause he isn't supposed to make doctrinal errors or his beliefs never changes.

If you like cover non biblical teaching about the gift of perfoming miracles given to only first century Christians up. We know this explanation was given to you by those men in new York. If you like paint other religions and people black like the Pharisees. We acknowledge we are sinners and God will forgive us.
Don't bring human traditions talk here in order to shy away from the topic at hand. You wanna hide your weird non biblical beliefs.

It is better to follow human traditions than follow doggedly beliefs and doctrines that are never mentioned in the Bible. They are all human traditions my dear. Following a human tradition and acknowledging it is better than following a human tradition and lying about it saying it's biblical whereas, it is based on assumptions and mere human error.

Since this thread started no jw has boldly stated where in the Bible their beliefs come from. The only thing I have been hearing is how pastors are scammers. Prove your religion is not a scam by stating a bible verse.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:19am On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Tell us where the bible said that the gift of performing miracles ended with the first century Christians. Till then your religion is the biggest scam on earth.

Scamming 8 million people that the world will soon end as 8billion will be slaughtered by their Jehovah so 8 million people will take over because they belong to watchtower and follow governing body bible misinterpretation is the biggest lie ever told to anybody. See who they call pastors scammers na him dey for inside the scam.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Either you are a jw or not. Which one is true jw again? Jws leave your religion and are still leaving. Any religion that doesn't allow members leave at their own will is a CULT
People cannot leave your church because they are in bondage. Jesus Christ is not the 8 old men in new York heading a publishing company. Don't say Jesus Christ is your leader cause he isn't supposed to make doctrinal errors or his beliefs never changes.

If you like cover non biblical teaching about the gift of perfoming miracles given to only first century Christians up. We know this explanation was given to you by those men in new York. If you like paint other religions and people black like the Pharisees. We acknowledge we are sinners and God will forgive us.
Don't bring human traditions talk here in order to shy away from the topic at hand. You wanna hide your weird non biblical beliefs.

It is better to follow human traditions than follow doggedly beliefs and doctrines that are never mentioned in the Bible. They are all human traditions my dear. Following a human tradition and acknowledging it is better than following a human tradition and lying about it saying it's biblical whereas, it is based on assumptions and mere human error.

Since this thread started no jw has boldly stated where in the Bible their beliefs come from. The only thing I have been hearing is how pastors are scammers. Prove your religion is not a scam by stating a bible verse.

I dare you sir, to tell us that thing Jehovah's Witnesses do that's not in the Bible. If you don't, shame on you sir.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
ImaIma1:

Is it Jesus Christ that conducts the meetings here? Kenneth Cook, a member of the governing body is Jesus Christ right? Whether you guys decide to call them leaders or followers of Christ...that's just semantics.

A true JW never leaves? That's what you guys tell yourself i guess. I guess wonder my friend's mum was disturbing me to make him return. Someone that was born into it. Some people actually have a mind of their own and would find things out for themselves.

Empty talk.

But let me shock you. Do you know that even if your parents, your grandparents and your great grandparents are witness, it doesn't make you a witness? I'm sure you have never heard this before. See, my parents are witness and I was following till I got to SS 2, I had my doubts, I stopped attending their meetings. I gave myself freedom. For more than 12years I wasn't associating with them. 2009-2012. I know in my core self that there's no truth anywhere else. By 2013, I got baptized, that was when I became a Jehovah's witness. See, I've seen everything. If you've never seen Nepa take like, and they took light at night, you will think you're blind. I was just wondering for 12years, I just had to go back to the truth.

We are not perfect people but we are on a safe ground.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Like she said not all pastors are scammers or fake. You look for the bad things and make your arguments based on them. Your belief that performing miracles ended with the first century Christians is not based on the bible but rather, on the fact that some illiterate old men in new York told you so.
Pastors are fake and scammers because your magazines say so. Smh.

Illiterates publishing the world's most popular magazines. Lol. Say something else pls. If miracles are still real like in Jesus time, Aiyefele would have walked. Cobhams would have seen. Jesus healed everybody brought to him. How many are your pastors healing?

What annoys me most is that all these people criticizing Jehovah's Witnesses had their religious backgrounds from the witnesses. Which of unar no read My Book of Bible Stories?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
ImaIma1:

I agree with you. Not all Pastors are fake. But many of them are after the money and position. That is why it's their pictures and their wives pictures you identify first with the church even before you think about Jesus Christ. Many of them don't work. But as big and wide apostle Paul's ministry was, he still makes tent for a living. All Jesus' disciples had handworks they do to support themselves and their families, fathers, mothers and relatives. Tell me what your pastor does for a living.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by ImaIma1(f): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Empty talk.

But let me shock you. Do you know that even if your parents, your grandparents and your great grandparents are witness, it doesn't make you a witness? I'm sure you have never heard this before. See, my parents are witness and I was following till I got to SS 2, I had my doubts, I stopped attending their meetings. I gave myself freedom. For more than 12years I wasn't associating with them. 2009-2012. I know in my core self that there's no truth anywhere else. By 2013, I got baptized, that was when I became a Jehovah's witness. See, I've seen everything. If you've never seen Nepa take like, and they took light at night, you will think you're blind. I was just wondering for 12years, I just had to go back to the truth.

You were wandering because you didn't know where to look. If you believe that is your truth, more grease to your elbow.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Illiterates publishing the world's most popular magazines. Lol. Say something else pls. If miracles are still real like in Jesus time, Aiyefele would have walked. Cobhams would have seen. Jesus healed everybody brought to him. How many are your pastors healing?

What annoys me most is that all these people criticizing Jehovah's Witnesses had their religious backgrounds from the witnesses. Which of unar no read My Book of Bible Stories?

Which popular? That your magazine is the most widely distributed doesn't make it the most read magazine in the world. FYI your magazine is full of trash.
The matter here is your leaders have continuously taught that performing miracles ended with the first century Christians but this claim is unfounded and not biblical, so they now tell you to say miracles performed now are all scam. They want to cover up their non biblical teaching. No way. You no fit deceive intelligent people.

My book of bible stories is the worst children's book Filled with terrible illustration. Really bad for children. Illiterates telling you for so many years that performing miracles ended with first century Christians and forcing you to believe them and Identifying themselves as Christ's anointed brothers is the biggest scam of the 21st century be calling pastors scam you will not remove the log in your eyes first.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

I dare you sir, to tell us that thing Jehovah's Witnesses do that's not in the Bible. If you don't, shame on you sir.
Number one saying that performing miracles ended with the first century Christians is an example of one of your beliefs not mentioned in the Bible.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
Maximus85:

Empty talk.

You where still physically in and mentally in. You never left. You went back to your religion because you wanted a home to live or have your social support system back. Like you said: you were a wanderer for 12 years. Cult subscriber
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You where still physically in and mentally in. You never left. You went back to your religion because you wanted a home to live or have your social support system back. Like you said: you were a wanderer for 12 years. Cult subscriber

LOL, cults have secrets. Their meetings are held in secret places, they don't go about preaching. Let's be sincere sir.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Maximus85(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Which popular? That your magazine is the most widely distributed doesn't make it the most read magazine in the world. FYI your magazine is full of trash.
The matter here is your leaders have continuously taught that performing miracles ended with the first century Christians but this claim is unfounded and not biblical, so they now tell you to say miracles performed now are all scam. They want to cover up their non biblical teaching. No way. You no fit deceive intelligent people.

My book of bible stories is the worst children's book Filled with terrible illustration. Really bad for children. Illiterates telling you for so many years that performing miracles ended with first century Christians and forcing you to believe them and Identifying themselves as Christ's anointed brothers is the biggest scam of the 21st century be calling pastors scam you will not remove the log in your eyes first.

I'm sorry sir, but I really cant get hold of anything serious from all you've typed. But tell us one of the non Biblical teachings sir.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? by Shugavee(f): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
If you believe in miracle then you can believe anything
yes i believe in miracles!!! I know the God I serve!!! Yes I c believe God can do anything n every thing!!!! I am a living example portraying the miracles of God!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Margaret Idahosa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Nkechi Bianze: COZA Agent Offered Me Money To Defend Pastor Biodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.