Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (69415 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / 4 States That Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by anyimontana(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Ndi awusa sef..only carry first in bomb making and arms begging

18 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Akadons1(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Igbos the undisputed tribe.. beat them, chase them out or even humiliate them, they still gonna lead among other tribes. Let’s stop the hatred and accept them as the champs.

Igbo Amaka

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Jokerman:
How can a landlocked red muded people be beating us that are sophisticated even at Medicine??

As a Yoruba moozlim I have to join hands with my other moozlims to chase this people out of Ibadan before they take over it like they are doing in lasgidi...

Allah akbar
and producing the highest in medical students means they are researchers, technologist or engineers?

If you have a brain, you will relaise that that's not what we should be celebrating.

No be salary dem go dey hope to collect?

Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by minasota(f): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Noted
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Kamoryemi2580(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
Patiently waiting for Yoruba Muslims. .......

you will die waiting ����
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by OnyeMmeri: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2018
julimax:
When will the North win in anything except elections

Well, ironically, they're winning in a contest that really matters. Being a president trumps being a doctor.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by BeijinDossier: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Sunnybobo stop being a nuisance. That they dropped in 2015 does not mean they have not taken the lead again in 2017. Some states were leading in NECO, WAEC before Anambra started leading presently.

nwabobo:

All indices from the education sector point to the fact that Ob Anambra's education sector

4 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by wiloy2k8(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Chukazu:
The same way South West leads in Law admission.

I think the battle line would be on Engineering...who ever controls it should be said to be in lead of the "science students" drama (not Olamide's own)

Lol
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Uruan2023: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Then people will say all they do is business.

These guys are so strong you can't break them.

Waiting for an Igbo president...

Everything is possible.

Yeah right?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by anyimontana(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2018
Riversides2003:
Producing without corresponding job opportunities, that is why developed countries pick them up and give them better opportunities. Like someone once said that the rate at which Nigerian doctors leave to seek greener pastures abroad, by 2022 we might be left with small doctor and doctor Sid.
we will b left with only music doctors and witch doctors too
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by CSTR2: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2018
IMO has the highest number of professors according to the NUC.

The most educated state in the country,with a strong competition from Delta, thanks to the highly educated anioma bloc.

The SE as a geopolitical zone has emerged as the most educated in Nigeria right now.

Though it can change.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2018
cheesy grin
Northern perverts always full of error

13 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by nwabobo: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
are u going by this thread alone or do u have any other stats

Did you just arrive from Mars?

Available data from JAMB since records became available have always pointed to that fact. Visit JAMB website or www.nigerianstat.gov.ng for historical data.

This topic had been trashed here on nairaland about 10 years ago when nairaland was still populated by intellects before the invasion by primary school pupils.

Here's the link - https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

6 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by chloride6: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2018
Admitted where?

IMSU?

grin
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by mercyville: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2018
Etogist:
Without Igbos Nigeria is nothing.

Igbos are just waking up now when only Ekiti has gotten more doctors than the whole South East.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by CSTR2: 10:03am On Mar 11, 2018
chloride6:
Admitted where?

IMSU?

grin

All over the country.

Go to Unilag and confirm.

7 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by nwabobo: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Sunnybobo stop being a nuisance. That they dropped in 2015 does not mean they have not taking the lead again in 2017. Some states were leading in NECO, WAEC before Anambra started leading presently.

Chino, point of correction; Anambra is no longer leading in WAEC and NECO. We have dropped to 6th presently.

Let's say the truth sometimes, Willie is not living up to expectation in the education sector.

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by chigoizie7(m): 10:04am On Mar 11, 2018
Nigeria would have been a better nation if jobs are given on merits and appointments on merit too.

But some people will not take it simply because only one tribe in this country will occupy all the positions both politically and civil services. And that's the igbos and the Hausas won't take it. That is why they employed quota systems which has helped in crippling this nation for years.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by chloride6: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2018
CSTR2:

All over the country.

Go to Unilag and confirm.

But mostly in IMSU grin

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by CSTR2: 10:06am On Mar 11, 2018
chloride6:

But mostly in IMSU grin
Yes. Imsu is in imo state.

It should naturally be dominated by imolites.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by chloride6: 10:06am On Mar 11, 2018
CSTR2:

Yes. Imsu is in imo state.

It should naturally be dominated by imolites.

grin grin grin
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2018
nwabobo:

Did you just arrive from Mars?

Available data from JAMB since records became available have always pointed to that fact. Visit JAMB website or www.nigerianstat.gov.ng for historical data.

This topic had been trashed here on nairaland about 10 years ago when nairaland was still populated by intellects before the invasion by primary school pupils.

Here's the link - https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
10 years ago is a long time from 2010 to 2016 it shows Yoruba get admitted more instead
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by IME1: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:
IMO state is the most educated state in Nigeria there is no debate on that

Igbos are the most educated tribe followed by the old bendel state and then the yourubas

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to himself

My brother you are right

Just last night I was discussing with my father who attended UI in the 60s just as I did and I was telling him that the West had the first university UI, secondary CMC bariga where i wrote my JAMB and primary schools so they are the most educated.
He sat up and said that in his time as in other sets the majority of students where Igbos, Bendelites then other faraway Yorubas like maybe Ekiti, Ondo

And as records show in WAEC, NECO, JAMB and even abroad, Igbos and Bendelites are the most educated.

I'm sincerely sorry for sounding bias or tribalistic I am very sorry. I can never run down any tribe or place. Even though I'm speaking from research and experience. I love every part of Nigeria and I think such revelations by JAMB or others is not to run any part of Nigeria down be it Yobe, Zamfara or FCT but to set facts right and encourage everyone.

Please oh God bless and keep Nigeria in Jesus name, amen.
Please we are one

11 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by CSTR2: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2018
chloride6:

grin grin grin
What exactly did I say that was funny?

2 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by BeijinDossier: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2018
I deal with facts and figures. Does this look like they came 6th?

nwabobo:

Chino, point of correction; Anambra is no longer leading in WAEC and NECO. We have dropped to 6th presently.

Let's say the truth sometimes, Willie is not living up to expectation in the education sector.

Abia State topped the chart with 33, 762 of its 52, 801 candidates.

Anambra State came second with 28, 379 out of 46, 385 candidates. While Abia State scored 63.94 per cent, Anambra got 61.18 per cent out of 100 per cent.

Edo State took the third position with 38, 052 of its 62, 327 candidates getting five credits and above. It had 61.05 per cent. Rivers and Imo states came fourth and fifth respectively.

http://punchng.com/again-south-east-leads-in-wassce-performance-chart/

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Leopantro: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:
IMO state is the most educated state in Nigeria there is no debate on that

Igbos are the most educated tribe followed by the old bendel state and then the yourubas

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to himself

yet you elected a non educated, statue loving man to be your governor?

talk about enlightenment

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Keziehenry(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2018
nwabobo:
There must be something this Igbo people are doing right. The more you suppress them, the more they grow and develop.

If you leave them unchecked, we may just wake up one day to find they've taken over the country.

What would have happened if they didn't fight a war or if Biafra was allowed to go?
Exodus 1 verse 12
But the more they afflicted them, the more they
multiplied and grew. And they were grieved
because of the children of Israel(igbos).

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by ibadanfinest(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2018
The list is absolutely true. On the surface it might seem a very good thing for the southeasterners but there are more to these

1Hardly will you see non south easterner is schools like UNN, Unizik, or in any of there university for that matter. so almost the whole mbbs allocated to schools in south easterner university are occupied by igbos
2. We the yorubas will continue to attract the best, let them list top 7 medical schools in nigeria we know the schools that will occupy them, we will always attract the best and post like this will not make us trubalistic. My own alma mater will continue to say no to tribalism and welcome the best from all part of the country. Am sure most of you know the school am talking about

4 Likes

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Firstpage: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2018
This should be expected as there are no government schools in Ondo and Ekiti states that with Medical Faculties. More Schools, more quota for admission. Osun and Oyo should lead in the southwest because of OAU, Lautech and UCH all have medical schools.

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
IME1:

My brother you are right

Just last night I was discussing with my father who attended UI in the 60s just as I did and I was telling him that the West had the first university UI, secondary CMC bariga where i wrote my JAMB and primary schools so they are the most educated.
He sat up and said that in his time as in other sets the majority of students where Igbos, Bendelites then other faraway Yorubas like maybe Ekiti, Ondo

And as records show in WAEC, NECO, JAMB and even abroad, Igbos and Bendelites are the most educated.

I'm sincerely sorry for sounding bias or tribalistic I am very sorry. I can never run down any tribe or place. Even though I'm speaking from research and experience. I love every part of Nigeria and I think such revelations by JAMB or others is not to run any part of Nigeria down be it Yobe, Zamfara or FCT but to set facts right and encourage everyone.

Please oh God bless and keep Nigeria in Jesus name, amen.
Please we are one
oral stats from 2010 to 2016 Yoruba got more admitted to jamb
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by engrchykae(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2018
oka4ugoo:
We are the envy of the competition...
We keep soaring, they keep hating
Igbo Amaka.
the igbos are spurred on by COMPETITION. Imo gives the igbos knowledge based economy. Abia gives technological based economy. Anambra gives commerce and entrepreneurship. Ebonyi gives agriculture based economy. Enugu and delta states gives .............................. Am still thinking ooo we are blessed beyond the curse of the zoo

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy (nda) Form Is Out ! / UNIUYO Student Buries Mum On Friday, Killed By Roommate On Saturday / Nnpc/snepco And Seplat Scholarship Discussion Thread 2020.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.