Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos (11776 Views)

Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. / This Is The Best Time To Buy A Car - From The Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by Waleesa: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2010
Who knows how much it costs to air freight a car from America to Lagos? Via airlines or via couriers like DHL?
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by german007(m): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2010
Waleesa:

Who knows how much it costs to air freight a car from America to Lagos? Via airlines or via couriers like DHL?

Cars are not Air Freight'd, they are put into cargo ships and sea freighted (on water).  DHL is a letter, document and parcel courier company and not a car shipping company. They use Airlines for transportation of their post.

The cost of shipping a car from the US depends on the originating port in the US and the shipping agency you use. But the price range is typically from $1000 to $1170.

Try out these websites:

www.aesshipping.com
www.oceanlane-shipping.com

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your quest.  cool
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by gabng(m): 9:07am On Apr 30, 2010
@german007
You are wrong. They are companies that air frieght cars into Nigeria but they can be very expensive. They can cost nothing lest than $15,000.
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by KunleA2(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2010
Cars can definitely be air freighted but the question is why? 

You can get car to Nigeria in about 4 weeks or less. I am not sure there is any pressing reason that will warrant you to wanna airfreight any car to Nigeria.

You also will need a cargo plane to do that which i am not sure there are direct flight to Nigeria.

Then there is the question of the cost.  undecided

Driving a particular car in my opinion is not a life or death situation, so why the hurry?

Below are pics of cargo planes.

Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by german007(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2010
Kunle-A:

Driving a particular car in my opinion is not a life or death situation, so why the hurry?

LOL. I like that. wink
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by german007(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2010
gabng:

@german007
You are wrong. They are companies that air frieght cars into Nigeria but they can be very expensive. They can cost nothing lest than $15,000.

Very interesting and informative.

Thanks.  wink   wink

Only wondering why someone would pay so much for it,  Perhaps it makes sense with regards to the time factor in comparism with sea freighting.  Maybe  by air freighting, a car will reach Nigerian soil in 12 hours. grin grin
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2010
waleesa,
you don't want to do that! there is really no need to air freight a car from the usa. the key is proper planning and starting early enough. say you want a car by june 2010, you can start the ordering process now and you'll get it into the country on normal sea transport well ahead of time. that saves you the extra expense of paying more than the cost price of the car for transport.
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
Inasmuch as i do agree that there is not need to wanna spend such money to transport a ride from USA to Nigeria, there cld be some cases where it might be aiight.
For example, he might be importing it to be a back up for Yaradua's life support Ambulance . . . . . cool
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by Waleesa: 2:57am On May 01, 2010
Thanx guys. Was just curious to know the price.
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2010
fhemmmy,
that was a funny one but still you have a point there. if it's a life and death situation like kunle-a said above, i guess no amount of money is too much to spend.
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by perebobo(m): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
Air Freight from the U.S to Nigeria with the any of the big four couriers {UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS} is very expensive and should not be considered.
Independent Air Carriers are cheaper and understand the local terrain of West African countries better. for instance Fed Ex charges up to $17 per pound to ship packages from the U.S to Nigeria, this does not include local tariffs and custom fees.

Hitech Courier in New Jersey, Global Trade Solutions in Boston MA {Tel. 774-218-4256} charge as low as $3.80 per pound to ship by air to Lagos and Abuja with customs clearing and free warehousing included. Whenever you ship through an Independent Air Carrier or IAC's ensure to ask for their TSA approved number. IAC's can save Nigerian shippers alot of money on Air Freight.

Sincerely
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
pere.tiemo@gtradesolutions.com
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
this one na advert oooo! grin
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by baconline(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
I am air lifting my 2012 T series BEnz.Oooops sorry I am sleep -writing,B4 I can airlift a car maybe it will be the bullet proof car meant for the president avoiding many contacts or exposure to the public
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2010
baconline:

I am air lifting my 2012 T series BEnz.Oooops sorry I am sleep -writing,B4 I can airlift a car maybe it will be the bullet proof car meant for the president avoiding many contacts or exposure to the public

bulletproof no doubt! grin
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by bmsventure: 3:25am On Nov 05, 2010
Waleesa,
what kind of car are you shipping via air freight? let me know and i will give you price.
Re: Air Freight A Car From U.s To Lagos by perebobo(m): 12:52am On Nov 10, 2010
Yes we advertise as we are confident in the service we provide as a company and glad to share with fellow Africans.

If you are shipping such an expensive vehicle, we suggest you negotiate Air freight with your Benz Dealer directly. This will save you on logistics issues and limit damages and exposure of your vehicle. If your dealer cannot deliver to Nigeria then let us know where your Benz is located and expected lead time you need it in Nigeria. We deliver to Abuja and Lagos. Whatever you decide please insure cargo for full value. Lead time by sea containerized in 4 weeks. Lead time by Air is 1 week from receipt of cargo.

Regards
Pere Tiemo
Logistics Manager
Gtradesolutions
Tel.  +1 774-218-4256
Fax. +1 617-500-9930
pere.tiemo@gtradesolutions.com

(1) (Reply)

☀☀☀white On White 9k Miles 2019 Rolls Royce Cullinan +2348097048807 / Black 2006 Infiniti QX56 Hot Foreign Used Lagos Drop Price N2.3m / »»» Sold!!! Toks Volvo XC90 04 Now N1.95M Non Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.