Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Uncle Raped Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Uncle Raped Me (10904 Views)

How Four Friends Raped Me –14-year-old Girl (photo) / I Bled Profusely, Fainted As ‘suspected Ritualist’ Raped Me: 11yr-old Girl(pic) / I Want The Man Who Raped Me To Die In Prison: 8year-old Rape Victim (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Raped Me by shadrach77: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2010
Home e-Tribune About Us Contact Us Saturday Tribune Sunday Tribune Print Advert Rates Online Advert Rates Check Mail
Heartcopy
My uncle raped me when I was 14
Dear Readers,

She read the story published on this page two weeks ago about the two-year-old girl that was sexually harassed by her uncle.

She was also a victim of sexual harassment; she was raped by her uncle at the age of 14.

She decided to share her story, so that others can learn.

Dear Taiwo,

I am a regular reader of your columns. My prayer is that the Lord will continue to strengthen you so that you will expose evil doers in our society.

I read with disgust the story published on this page about two weeks ago. I felt very sorry for that woman, Tolulope. I kept the copy of that story and everytime I went back to read it, I became convinced that I must write my story and that of my friend too – with her consent though.

Tolulope’s story and ours, I am convinced, should teach our parents a lesson, especially mothers. I am sure it would awaken them to the fact that nobody should be trusted, or better put, no man, whosoever he is, should be trusted with your daughter. Mothers should stand up and protect their daughters. Anu, Tolulope’s daughter, is still a baby, so there is every possibility that she might grow up and not remember this incident. Thank God, her mother did not say that the incident left any permanent damage on her. But what about people like us, who would carry this secret pain in our hearts for ever.

You are the second person I am sharing this story with and that is why I prefer to remain anonymous.

I was 14 years old when my uncle deflowered me, right in my father's house, under my parents' nose. But because they (my parents) trusted him and it would be my word against his, I could not tell anyone; and, of course, he warned me that if I told anyone, he would deny it and deal with me.

I am a final year student in one of the federal universities. This incident happened when I was in Senior Secondary School two (SS2). I wasn’t really too mature for my age; I was on the small side; but I had developed a woman’s body.

My parternal uncle, my grandmother’s last born, then a youth corps member, was posted to serve his fatherland where we were staying then, of course, it was natural for him to stay with us.

He was a good uncle and very friendly with us. I am the last of my parents' three children. My elder ones (both boys) were away in school leaving our housemaid and me in the house.

Initially, my uncle was nice and he was just a normal uncle everyone would wish for.

After about a month or so that he came to stay with us, he started behaving funny towards me. He would touch my bum, and sometimes he would pretend it was a mistake, then, he would touch my breasts. Then, I really didn’t know how to place his behaviour. In my mind, I would wonder if it was a mistake or he was doing it deliberately.

Because I couldn’t really say I was scared to discuss it with anybody, not even with our housemaid then because we were a little close. I made up my mind to avoid him.

I guess I overdid it because everybody noticed this. My parents mistook my attitude for pranks and they would scold me whenever he reported me.

On a day, I told my mother that I didn’t like how my uncle used to touch me. I didn’t know what really got into her, but she scolded me not to say such a thing again. She reminded me that the person I spoke about was my daddy’s younger brother. I had no choice, my situation then was between the devil and the deep blue sea.

My parents had to travel to daddy’s home town for a burial. We were all supposed to go together, but since my uncle said he had something to do, my parents decided that our housemaid and I should stay back at home. I pleaded with them to take me, but I was not lucky. In fact, daddy would have conceded but my mum refused.

It happened the next day. I was sleeping in my room, in the evening which I shared with our housemaid, but it was later that I learnt that my uncle had sent her on an errand that kept her away and gave him enough time to perpetrate his evil deed.

I felt a hand on my body. I opened my eyes and saw my uncle trying to force my jeans trousers off. I tried to scream, but he covered my mouth with his palm.

In short, my uncle raped me and deflowered me at 14. He asked me to clean up, when he was done with me. He took my pant and burnt it in my presence. He threatened to kill me if I ever told anyone.

He tried to rape me again several times after that first experience, but I always carried my elder brother's Boys' Scout pen knife about and I vowed that I would kill him if he ever got near me again.

I wasn’t too sure if it was my threat or the fact that he was having sex with our 16-year-old house maid that kept him away from me, because he had to leave our house when mummy discovered that our housemaid was pregnant, and she said my uncle was responsible for her pregnancy.

It was then that my mother raised her voice that I had reported him to her before. She stupidly thanked God that my uncle did not touch me.

How wrong? I did not correct her because it was rather too late.

How I wished she had listened to me then! I would have been saved from this private pains. How I wish, mothers,especially, should learn to listen to their children and not shout them down anytime they try to speak with them.

I thought I was the only one in the world, who suffered this type of fate, but I was wrong. We had just resumed into the university, guess you know all these jambites stuff.

My friend and I became close because we were the first ones to get into our room. Incidentally, we were admitted to study the same course, so from the very first day we became friends

Her parents were abroad, and her maternal uncle was her guardian. Every weekend he would come around to see her.

Sometimes he would take us out. I became apprehensive, because I noticed he was too close to her for comfort, but I could not warn her. Moreso, I didn’t trust her enough to share my secret with her. And I also thought that, though naive after all, he was her maternal uncle not paternal, so he shouldn’t have such a thought on his mind.

One weekend, she went to stay at her uncle’s place I was supposed to have gone with her, but my eldest brother, who just came back from the US promised to see me that weekend. So, I stayed back in school.

Surprisingly, my friend came back on Saturday morning as against her planned Sunday evening.

I noticed that she had cried and her uncle was hovering around her like a “father hen”. I couldn’t wait for him to leave before asking what happened. Instead of saying something, she started crying again.

I asked if someone died and she said no. Our other roommates were around, so I couldn’t really press her. When they all left the room, I moved closer; she was sleeping in my bed. I asked her if she was all right, instead of talking, she began to cry again. I pleaded with her to tell me what happened, she then dropped a bomb- shell. “My uncle raped me”, at 18.

He deflowered her. Can you imagine that? A child entrusted to his care? My friend said she was going to kill herself. At this juncture, I told her what happened to me four years earlier.

She was stunned. She stopped crying and said she now understood why I never joined them whenever they discussed the issue of virginity in our room. This issue created a deep bond between us. Since then, we have been inseparable. We are like sisters. I have had cause to follow her on holidays to meet her parents in the UK. She is an only child and her parents took me as theirs and vice-versa.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by indie22(f): 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
This story left me sighing deeply and shaking my head.

Why do these things have to happen?

It just goes to show that you cannot trust your children with anybody, not even close family.

Her uncle! FGs, !!
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by tkb417(m): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2010
na wa o

i aint gonna have any fcking bro in my house

in fact, when i start having children, im moving to Australia where no niggar will touch my children

wtf shocked shocked
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by MissyB1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2010
Cases Like this, make me appreciate ma Uncle.

Thank You for not being an animal, Thank You for Your Love and care, Thank You.  kiss kiss

tkb417:

na wa o

in fact, when i start having children, im moving to Australia where no niggar will touch my children

wtf shocked shocked
When You start having kids kè? What 'bout the Ones we've had? undecided
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by onstelly(f): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
Omg some men deserves, to have their dick cut off nonsense.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by tkb417(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
Missy B:

When You start having kids kè? What 'bout the Ones we've had? undecided
yeah, we are saying the same thing cheesy

tsk tsk, we shd move to Australia soon grin grin
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by Rhymez(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
What then are the roles of uncles? undecided
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by Eebrahym(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
tkb417:

na wa o

wtf shocked shocked

i'm sorry for ya, Australian monks are more terrible. They're gonna despoil them @5
hahaha:-)smiley
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by tkb417(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
Eebrahym:

i'm sorry for ya, Australian monks are more terrible. They're gonna despoil them @5
hahaha:-)smiley
i aint related to a monk undecided
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by Odunnu: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
Durin my service year,I had a sml group of sec. sch stdts I taught sex education.Each time I taught them,I went home crying.Its vry safe 2say dat a greatr percentage of our nxt generation have been abusd sexually.Parents abuse their chldren 2,hop u knw dat as well?Its a terrible thn!
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by yimiton(f): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ Poster, I feel your pain, it's a horrible experience but note that you're not alone on this. Most girl children have been abused at one time or the other but they never come out to tell their stories.

If we are all sincere with ourselves and dig into our hearts, most of us will agree that we've been abused at one time or the other by close relations, domestic helps, neighbors and even school teachers.

Ironically, sexual abuse is not perculier to women but men take it for granted and even boast about it. I have asked a lot of guys how they got disvirgined and most of them have the same story; they were disvirgined by their maids!

Maybe incest is less common coming from the women than from the men but it happens and we all have to be careful with our children;  they be the girl child or the boy child.

Imagine having a baby sitter of about 16 and above who is already sexually active, she'll do whatever comes to her mind when she feels like it even if it means doing it with your little son, unless of course, she's already discovered self-service and enjoys doing it.

It's a horrible world we live in but we must face reality and be careful. We must do all it takes to protect our little children from being abused and being inflicted with an everlasting injury.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by ada24: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
i have already informed my husband no man is staying in my house if we have daughters - if they must come they stay in hotel and are NEVER left alone with my daughters.

i don't care who the man is be it pastor or brother - it is not allowed. sexual abuse is not funny and very serious and toooooooooooo common
Re: My Uncle Raped Me by ponpin: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
sometime ago i heard of a story about a 10 year old that was impreganated by her uncle ( her partenal uncle in 100 level) now the girls mother works in an oil service compnay ( one of the big names )
people balmed the mother that if she was observant she would have noticed something funny the 10 year old was 5 months pregges by the time she knew cos the little girl was always falling ill and was treated for malaria. the uncle ran away, her husband balmed her for not paying attention to her daughter the daugther is too young to go through the rigours of childbirth and abortion is off limits cos they are christians

like someone said on this thread, i will not allow any "uncle " to live in my house with my daughter and my driver or gardner is not "uncle" to my daughter they are Mr. ABC nothing like uncle . and my daughter has been taught to scream if anyone ( male or female ) touches her bum or b.reast she should tell me immediately ( my daughter is just 2+) but i am not taking chances AT ALL. the ultimate is that it is only God that helps us to protect our children.

(1) (Reply)

Court Remands Three In Prison For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials / Suspected Nigerian Drug Peddler Arrested With Cocaine Worth N10 Million In India / Evicted Tenant Arraigned For Stealing Electrical Fittings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.