Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? (22470 Views)

What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / How Do U Feel If Nobody Likes,Comments On Ur Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by bigpicture001: 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
it's painful sh....
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Donkalio: 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
Forget birthday, go make money.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by EmmyDJourno: 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
You must be joking shocked

Without FB me self might not remember my birthday, who sabi you self cheesy

Then, for your girlfriend forgetting, bro check yourself, you are obviously so broke, you had no plans for the day, why would she remember when you have nothing for her to look forward to on that day sad

Don't sulk, just work harder and your next birthday might just be different wink

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Trouble2018: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2018
Open, move on with your life. Forgeting your birthday does not mean that they do not care, it does not mean that you are not special, it rather shows that they are busy with other things in their lives.

I once forgot my own birthday during my undergraduate days(exam tension). If i could forget my own day, i won't hold any grudge against anyone for doing same.

Go out there and make money to make the next one a memorable one for your self, friends and family.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Raintaker(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'
Brother, I sometimes forget my birthday too cos I don't really take it as something too serious.
If my loved ones don't remember my birthday, so be it.
Life is too short for inconsequential things.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2018
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by NnamdiN: 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2018
I don't care because I'm not good with dates so I'm not gonna remember yours either. grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by firebaby(f): 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mynd44:

Mine was on saturday.

Almost everyone didn't remember. What did I do?

I moved on. People are busy with their lives and have big issues to think about.

You will have other birthdays and other things to celebrate.

Yes, it might hurt as you get the feeling that a lot of people don't care about you but they do. It is just that they are too busy to put every date in their heads. Call your best friend and tell him then try to move one.

Stay sane sir.
I tell you it happened to me too last year December I felt bad but I moved on the only thing that gave me a bit relief was ....only Nairaland wished me a happy birthday.....so that's the best advice you gave him
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Pat081: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
Birthday dat make some people think of 6feets ntin new in it anymore, am now thinking of how I will b a man in life now If u remember good n if u 4gt good life move on 4mi
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
Wen mine hapund, my gf of 5 years say she forget , wen Na early momo cake n gifts delivery I dey do for her.. Ordinary call/txt Wey she owe me she say she forget...
I called her d evening to remind her, para for her den decided dt I wee forget her own bday for 3yrs even into marriage sef. She called all callables to plead ooooooo... I no gree because 3 days earlier she advertised loudly a male friends bday on wasap n fb but my own Na forget. Den do me I do u.. Ba komai

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by sirgalahad26(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
i'm also guilty of this once, sometimes last year, i forgot my closest friend's birthday(not that i forgot,my fone was bad) and for the week that ensued he almost crucified me for not callinggringrin(atleast)
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
My ex girl left me because of this issue... thought she was joking but it was all over ... .just that I asked if it was 30th or 31st only..the relationship hit the rock like titanic and before I knew it it sank deep that I had to look for life jacket

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Only1mi(f): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

Yup. It didn't put me down that much anyway. It's gonna take something bigger than a forgotten birthday to bring me down but you know what they say, the best kinda love and friendship is when the people you love and care about shows that same love and care to you as well.
Thanks bro.

It's just a birthday. My dad forgets my birthday every year but it doesn't mean he loves me any less, it's turned into a game in the family where we report to each other how long it takes him to remember.

People have lives to live, families to look after, if you want it to be remembered make it easy for them dude and stop being childish.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by femijck(m): 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2018
Your life , your problem.....maybe u need to grow up and refer yourself to one of Olamide's lyrics from a track called "Lori titi" where he said you're expecting him to wish u a happy birthday, when u are no longer an infant"

A time is coming when u won't even remember your own birthday not to mention your friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2018
Troublemaker007:

It’s either you are mad or stwpid. Who get time to remember him Own birthday? Let alone that of a friend? Abeg Park for one corner if you nor know were dey pain you. Times are hard, every young man in this country is faced with the difficulty of challenges in this country and this one is talking about friends forgetting his bday.
.......guy easy nah....you should know how guys that live in Aso villa and bannana island behave than we in AJ city

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nomswag: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2018
grin am sure my dad don't remember my birthday but do I care? .....NO
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by sammy4life1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
KOPT55:

It is a reminder of how worthless and unvalued the individual in question is.

grin grin grin are u OK?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by thunderbabs: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
Of all the things in people's heads in nigeria, its birthday wishes you are crying for, ehen

Dont Angry me undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BoweryGirl(f): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'

I get you and feel your pain. I never, ever forget friend's birthdays. I got all their birthdays in my head like hair follicles.

People might say it doesn't matter but to me, these things do. Insensitivity at it's peak.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by sammy4life1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
ArcSEMPECJ:
My ex girl left me because of this issue... thought she was joking but it was all over ... .just that I asked if it was 30th or 31st only..the relationship hit the rock like titanic and before I knew it it sank deep that I had to look for life jacket

Sorry bro
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by XhosaNostra(f): 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
I intentionally "forget" theirs.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
i dont do birthday. But OP be sincere, will you remember the birthdate of all those u are expecting to remember yours
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Gossiplover: 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
i wont be happy
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by femo86(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
Different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Burgerlomo: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
KOPT55:

It is a reminder of how worthless and unvalued the individual in question is.

Bitter truths, may God help us cool

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by khalids: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
Painful....but no biggie......By the way have you seen Buhari's Economy......I'm surprised you even remember your own birthday......Bros hustle is real ....pips are trying to get some cheddar, they hypnotized on that ish.....
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Mayowa1056(m): 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

...Do you want them to be thinking about your birthday every year...The only person that can never forget your birthday is your mum..
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by CeeKay17: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
kimbraa:
Each birthday is a reminder of how closer you're to your grave. Why the fùck will I be bothered if the people around me don't remember? Well sha! Only my boyfriend isn't allowed to forget my birthday, though I find it inconsequential.
That's an extremely negative way of thinking
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Acidosis(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
I don't take birthdays seriously.

Some persons sat down and manufactured a calendar so it is absolutely needless to make life so difficult for yourself over people's invention. We age every day, not yearly.

Forget my birthday, and I would feel nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by masks(m): 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
I would feel nothing.... birthdays are like any other day... I see nothing special about birthdays

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Generators At The Electricity Transformer At Ajegunle In Lagos - Photos / Help!! Cats Keep Crying At My Window At Night!! / Hilda Baci: What Can You Do Nonstop For 90 Hours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.