Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,296 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani (28646 Views)

9th Senate: El-rufai Shades Senators Shehu Sani And Hunkuyi / Fani-kayode Reacts As Senators, Reps Boo Buhari While Presenting 2019 Budget At / El-Rufai Curses Senators Shehu Sani, Hunkuyi, La’ah For Opposing $350M Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by olabrad: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
LORDOFAFONJAS:
After seeing that they won't allow him go to the Senate 2019 he wan pit sand for our distinguished senators garri

Has he done the right thing or not? That's the only thing a man with functional brain will focus on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by olabrad: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
Crying4NIGERIA:
Chai Naija My Country My Moniker Says It All..

Meanwhile Yesterday I Went To A Yoruba Restaurant And Ordered For Pepper Soup
Infact To Cut The Long Story Short I Need A New Tongue..

You got what you asked for, simple

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by bamoski(m): 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2018
LORDOFAFONJAS:
After seeing that they won't allow him go to the Senate 2019 he wan pit sand for our distinguished senators garri

And your parents celebrated the day you were born? Smh
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Devgist: 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Not withstanding, it's a welcome Development. We rather should think about how those who got such � in the past will refund

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Sirwoo(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
In Nigeria, all the youths care about is how to make money, is time for a revolution, many great countries became great after a revolution
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by nkemjacob2(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
madridguy:
Bravo Sen. Shehu Sani. The then CBN Governor, now Emir of Kano said the Nigeria senate need to be scrapped as their consuming more than 25 % of our national income. The rogues almost eat him raw then.

#ScratchNationalAssembly
the National Assembly alone is not d only institution with the highest pay. Don't forget about the ministers before we talk of Buhari own
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by nkemjacob2(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
I tank God Dat secret are beginning to reveal it self. however d senators are not the only institution receiving jumbo pay. The ministers are also among before we talk about pmb.
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by 989900: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
seunowa:
Pls where is our common sense senator?

He needs the money to pay back his debts, or AMCON will finally seize his businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by 989900: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
I want Sani to hold an executive position (Governor or President) and see how he will perform.

Guys like him fought for our democracy, were beaten and jailed for it, but silverspooners like Saraki, etc., and riff-raffs like Dino are front runners in the house.

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by SirBunky85(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
adidison:

There is a big difference, not revolution for dividing the country, but a revolution to take back the country. But with statements like this "Upandan" shows your not even willing to help. Revolution doesn't need to be violent, it's when the govt say "we don't care and we will keep stealing" then all hell might break loose. Hopefully not! They need to get the message though.

But 1 day, 1 day! I have been telling people e go be like film, when this people step on the wrong toes, when people who have nothing to lose have had enough! Hmmm!
Pls can u tell me d type of peaceful revolution u are talking abt?
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by danlamiturawa(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
i doubt if any south east or south south lawmaker can b dis God....
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Olumaeme: 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
Shehu Sanni better enjoy his salary and rest, Nigerians are not worth fighting for.
Let it happen that Senate suspend or take disciplinary action against him, nobody will come out to his rescue.

In saner climes, this revelation is enough to shut down the streets, but Naija people go dey suffer dey go..

But when are we also going to carpet the executive for their bogus security votes that run into billions, u see of President is rich and legislators are poor, they will be easily used, look at state assemblies, nothing to write home about
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by ajl: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
adecharly:

750000 is what percent of 13500000 - step by step solution

Simple and best practice solution for 750000 is what percent of 13500000. Check how easy it is, and learn it for the future. Our solution is simple, and easy to understand, so don`t hesitate to use it as a solution of your homework.

1. We assume, that the number 13500000 is 100% - because it's the output value of the task.
2. We assume, that x is the value we are looking for.
3. If 100% equals 13500000, so we can write it down as 100%=13500000.
4. We know, that x% equals 750000 of the output value, so we can write it down as x%=750000.
5. Now we have two simple equations:
1) 100%=13500000
2) x%=750000
where left sides of both of them have the same units, and both right sides have the same units, so we can do something like that:
100%/x%=13500000/750000
6. Now we just have to solve the simple equation, and we will get the solution we are looking for.

7. Solution for 750000 is what percent of 13500000

100%/x%=13500000/750000
(100/x)*x=(13500000/750000)*x - we multiply both sides of the equation by x
100=18*x - we divide both sides of the equation by (18) to get x
100/18=x
5.5555555555556=x
x=5.5555555555556

now we have:
750000 is 5.5555555555556% of 13500000

(I am not a Mathematician o... Na Nigerian Govt. Make me turn to Google o...)

... I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING YET!

What's your point? You are not making sense. You don't just throw out numbers. What's the point of using value of monthly salary to derive a percent of the monthly allowance?

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by ajl: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Hello Nigerians!!

Behold our problem..
The government is the masses problem..

Yes. The people in government are the enemies of the populace. I recently sent someone to get some public info from a government agency which I need for a project. The civil servants asked him why does he want the info? They add no value to people's lives and the thing that belong to you, they will even hoard. Funny that the individual I sent is also one of them.

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by vago1989: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hi everybody... Do you want to be politically inclined , do you want to express your political values and beliefs, do you want express your political anger ...lol on what is happening in this country...do you want to talk about the trending political issue happening this country like snake swallowing money...lol... Then my what's group is the right place to be just click on our the link and you are a member .....https:///4WrkTEJIJd0E75h1yTcHak simple copy and paste on any of your watapps page and open the link from there....or send me a watsapp message on my line 08169286359
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by revontuli(f): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
That man is a hero. Men like this bring an end to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by adidison(m): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
SirBunky85:

Pls can u tell me d type of peaceful revolution u are talking abt?

Something like the Icelandic revolution in 2008. Besides this is 2018 man, with social media things are very very easy. But Nigerians don't think about their children, imagine how bad things will be in the next 20yrs. Maybe then they have found an alternative to oil. We really really need to wake up as a nation. Even apart from the govt the people are very corrupt we need revolution with our selves.

We need to start thinking about our future as a nation, what are we going to leave for our children, we should be our brothers keepers, It breaks my heart to see Nigerians (black people) in a bad state at home or abroad. Then you hear this kind of things, it's really annoying.

This kind of govt are the ones responsible for slave trade, Nigerians will just be at home one day you will just see chinese on your tv (BBnaija) and then chinese soldiers will start flogging everybody to be picking cotton, then we will find out that the Nigerian govt borrowed money (for senators salary) but couldn't pay back so they just gave the country away and shared the money.
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by SirBunky85(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
adidison:

Something like the Icelandic revolution in 2008. Besides this is 2018 man, with social media things are very very easy. But Nigerians don't think about their children, imagine how bad things will be in the next 20yrs. Maybe then they have found an alternative to oil. We really really need to wake up as a nation. Even apart from the govt the people are very corrupt we need revolution with our selves.

We need to start thinking about our future as a nation, what are we going to leave for our children, we should be our brothers keepers, It breaks my heart to see Nigerians (black people) in a bad state at home or abroad. Then you hear this kind of things, it's really annoying.

This kind of govt are the ones responsible for slave trade, Nigerians will just be at home one day you will just see chinese on your tv (BBnaija) and then chinese soldiers will start flogging everybody to be picking cotton, then we will find out that the Nigerian govt borrowed money (for senators salary) but couldn't pay back so they just gave the country away and shared the money.
Ok. Respect for being polite all through ur arguments unlike most empty brains who would've used abusive languages to counter my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Ndaemtso(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Sen. Ben Murray Bruce, doesn't this Make Common Sense?
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 14, 2018
HARMONY HOLDING: A SIPHONIC LOOPHOLE OF KWARA TREASURE.

Kwarans have been duping since last fifteen years in a massive ways when this dispensation started, but it took new dimension at the inception of CONTINUITY in 2012 when Harmony Holding was established, purposely to harness all properties of Kwara State both home and abroad. The properties of kwarans under Harmony Holding include: kwara Football Academy, Kwara State Bureau of land, Patigi Regetta Hotels, Amusement park, Cashew Industry, Cargo Terminal House, Ilorin Aviation College, Base Ball Adewole and host of others that are numerous to be mentioned.

I could remember vividly in 2015 when Kwara State Government through SSA Media to the state Governor, Dr. Muyideen Akorede debunked the insinuation that Harmony Holding is purely owned and controlled by private body. He said Harmony Holding is owned by Kwara State Government. To be quoted precisely, he said “Let me sound it loud and clear that Harmony Holdings Limited is 100 per cent owned by Kwara State Government,” He equally said “Before it was established, we had companies all over the place. Tourism Kitchen, Kwara Investment and Development Company, Patigi Regatta Hotel, all these companies were just all over the place. What the governor decided to do was to bring all these companies under one umbrella so that they would be better managed through a private sector approach. They would be better managed, they would turn in profit so that our IGR would improve".

Funny enough, as if kwarans are fool, the institution (Harmony Holding) which was claimed to be 100% owned by Kwara State was registered at Corprate Affairs Commission (CAC) with the private names: Kamaldeen Ajibade now erstwhile commissioner of Justice and Anthony General of Kwara State as well as one Yomi Ogunshola. Both people happened to be cronies of the predessesor of this present executive administrator.

As part of strategic planings to ransack Kwara properties, the appointments at various strategic positions at the institution was not favoured by merit as well as indigen of the state but by virtue of being a psychopath and kleptocrat. Tope Daramola who was one of top manager of defunct Intercontinental Bank was annointed as Group Managing Director and CEO of Harmony Holding. Sani Adebayo who was alleged of theft of a group fund in USA before he ran down to Nigeria to get his way to Kwara and served in Kwara State Bureau of land before changing his cadre in December, 2012 as a Group Executive Director Administration as the impunity become order of the day under the watch of the present administration since last one and half decades.

However, you would have noticed from assertion of Dr. Muyideen Akorode above that the institution is operating through a private sector approach which means that is a profit oriented institution for the benefit of kwarans. But now, reverse is the case as the institution turned to the benefits of private individuals in the system. Insinuations that it is private institution by the kwarans had been vindicted as the Kwara State House Assembly had been indicted the board and management of Harmony Holding of misappropriation of fund and turning of public properties into private own property without paying kobo to the purse of government.

Therefore, from the resolution of the House, the board and management had been immediately dissolved and merit should be considered utmostly in appointing new board and management. I must commend the efforts of KWHA but much still need to be done to unravel other atrocities in HHL because this just a meager of misappropriations in the system. No matter whose ox is gored, kwarans are ready to know and they should be brought to justice.
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Adekdammy: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2018
We are not ripe for democracy, our own type of democracy is strictly to embezzle money, irrespective of party be it apc, pdp or apga.

Just imagine how much a minister will be collecting as salary, estacodes, kick backs, vehicle maintenance. ...

When we are ready to dislodge these set of digital thieves who are ruling us, then nobody will come here to support any of them.

Shehu sani has made the revelation, will that stop him from collecting the blood money again?
Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Ovamboland(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
Alexk2:
I have always insisted that we don't really need these people(the Senate) and if it is all about the legislative role in democratic settings, we can always factor a much efficient way around it...e.g, we can have a part-time system of just a single arm and they'll get paid per sittings.
We must make it less attractive as much as possible to pave way for only sincere and patriotic individuals to represent us.
As far as I'm concerned, none of them is a saint including the Sanni though he must be commended....but then, you'll still see the gullible once shouting the praises of Saraki, dino and the likes for scamming them into believing they are doing something....they are merely playing games on the intelligence of the youths especially.

Your proposal will deliver small states like Bayelsa legs and hands bound into the hands of huge states like Kano. Where the bicameral house was developed it was for a good reason.

We can however reduce the number of senators from 3 to 1 or 2. And we can cut the number in the the house from 360 to 180.

But let's keep the bicameral house, it's the best for a federation where you have unequal federating units. It's the fairest for both the large and small states

1 Like

Re: Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani by Nellybank(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2018
Thirded
Samusu:

Seconded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing / El-Rufai's Tweet About Fuel Scarcity In 2014 (Throwback) / 7 Things GDP Numbers Tell Us About Buhari’s Reelection Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.