Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:41 PM

Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? (832 Views)

Kindly Help With My Solar Energy Set Up. / Sturddlefish: Hungarian Scientists Accidentally Create Bizarre Hybrid Fish / How To Use Solar Panel To Track The Sunlight To Get More Radiation From The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by efficiencie(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Please I need some advice. I cannot afford a battery right now. So I want to know if I can connect my solar panel to a charge controller and then to my inverter and finally to my electronics. Alternatively can I connect my solar panel to a hybrid inverter and then to my electronics. I only need to power a laptop (5V, 2.5A about 12.5 watts) and a fan which should be under 50watts.
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by richeeyo(m): 1:07am On Mar 13, 2018
You can't the battery is your main source of power
The solar panel uses trickle charge system
Which can be slow and inconsistent even if you get ten solar panels together it would never power more than LED lights
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by kio052001(m): 2:10am On Mar 13, 2018
interesting!!!
so what if he gets a small battery, like let's say 7Ah and connect to the set up, will the laptop be powered
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by chicoMX(m): 2:55am On Mar 13, 2018
You need a battery bro,
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by jmonas: 5:58am On Mar 13, 2018
kio052001:
interesting!!!
so what if he gets a small battery, like let's say 7Ah and connect to the set up, will the laptop be powered
you can't just connect any battery ratings to any inverter and solar panel..charge controller... You must ensure your calculation is right else you will fry shocked something
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by kennedyugo: 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
efficiencie:
Please I need some advice. I cannot afford a battery right now. So I want to know if I can connect my solar panel to a charge controller and then to my inverter and finally to my electronics. Alternatively can I connect my solar panel to a hybrid inverter and then to my electronics. I only need to power a laptop (5V, 2.5A about 12.5 watts) and a fan which should be under 50watts.

Yes!
But you will need a special type of inverter known as grid-tie inverter. Search on aliexpress, you'll find them.
If you connect other types of inverter directly to solar, it'll fry the inverter in no time.
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by 2shur: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
abegi
you shoyld pray nepa should give us power at least 6days a week.
if only thsts what buhari can offer us we r ok
we go know say na only sunday we go on gen and inverter.
Re: Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? by kennedyugo: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
From a little research I made now, I have come to realize that grid tie inverters only work when connected to the grid (that is nepa). Your electricity meter now takes the difference between what your solar panels supply and what you use in the house, then dumps the rest into the grid.
This is mostly used in countries where they have constant power supply. You're able to reduce your power bills and the power company can even pay you for the excess power you supply back to the grid.

However, to use ordinary inverter, you can just get a small battery and place in between the solar panels and the inverter. Make sure that you use solar charge controller

(1) (Reply)

Rwj Oil, Ranks One Of The Most Durable Company For Premium Diesel Delivery / Bob Lazar: The Man Who Was Never Born! / For Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.