Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! (921 Views)

How To Get Rid Of House Lizards At Home Permanently / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt / Benefits Of Raising Pigeons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by winningwinner(m): 1:21am On Mar 13, 2018
I fell in love with an innocent pigeon that perched on my roof top and decided to throw some grains for it to eat. Every day it comes around to eat grains and the next time I checked, it came with another pigeon, I left them and traveled for two weeks. When I came back, the whole house has been occupied by pigeons.

Please, let me know what I can do to get rid of these illegal occupants. Does anyone here know what I can do to eliminate pigeons from my house?

Another annoying creatures that equally constitute nuisance are lizards, they disturb a lot.

Now, a friend of mine told me that they can attract snakes to the house, and I'm seeing that as a valid observation.
Someone should hear my cry and help me with a working solution to these menace. Thanks.
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 13, 2018
A scarecrow maybe?
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 13, 2018
winningwinner:
I fell in love with an innocent pigeon that perched on my roof top and decided to throw some grains for it to eat. Every day it comes around to eat grains and the next time I checked, it came with another pigeon, I left them and traveled for two weeks. When I came back, the whole house has been occupied by pigeons.

Please, let me know what I can do to get rid of these illegal occupants. Does anyone here know what I can do to eliminate pigeons from my house?

Another annoying creatures that equally constitute nuisance are lizards, they disturb a lot.

Now, a friend of mine told me that they can attract snakes to the house, and I'm seeing that as a valid observation.
Someone should hear my cry and help me with a working solution to these menace. Thanks.
Get yourself a cat. Both pigeons and lizards dread cats

1 Like

Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2018
Get a cat. And give it access to the roof.

Cats kill snakes, rats, lizards, birdo

Or destroy the birds nests and seal the paths they use if they are getting into the ceiling

1 Like

Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by bomasek(m): 3:57am On Mar 13, 2018
Pictures?
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by AK6464(m): 7:13am On Mar 13, 2018
Get pussy cats
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by Thegamingorca(m): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2018
winningwinner:

Your house has been marked.

There is no going back now

No snake will come there
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by oxypress: 7:39am On Mar 13, 2018
Oga festofall you saw it, you liked it, you gave it food, it went back to tell him frends and brodas to come honour you; why don't you like good things? People pay money to go see pigeons and take pictures with them in oyibo kontris. Pigeons are peaceful creatures. Nice birds, and beautiful. What grains did you initially throw to the pigeon? I need to scatter one ton of it for them to fill my space. A lucky man like you. You no see am say na those big Catholic and Anglican churches wey betta pipul dem dey plenty dem dey kom? Meeen those birds are saying good things about you. Just direct dem to my place abeg.
The lizard sef get dia own work. If you pursue dem insects and mosquitoes can take over the place.
As for snakes just fence your yard well and don't leave space under the gate (ofkos ollofus olredy be hostage inside awa yard)

1 Like

Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by revontuli(f): 2:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Lizards are harmless, they won't attract snakes. Rats and mice attract snakes.
Lizards eat pests like mosquitoes.
It's a bad idea to feed the pigeons, you feed them at city squares and parks, nowhere near home. They will shit everywhere!
Mongoose kill and eat the snakes. Indians were feeding them in their garden to get rid of the cobras. I don't know if the African mongoose are good at killing snakes, you gotta research info about them.
Re: Help: Pigeons And Lizards Are Taking Over My House! by Martin0(m): 6:31am On Mar 18, 2018
revontuli:
Lizards are harmless, they won't attract snakes. Rats and mice attract snakes.
Lizards eat pests like mosquitoes.
It's a bad idea to feed the pigeons, you feed them at city squares and parks, nowhere near home. They will shit everywhere!
Mongoose kill and eat the snakes. Indians were feeding them in their garden to get rid of the cobras. I don't know if the African mongoose are good at killing snakes, you gotta research info about them.

hmmmm I dey learn o

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Boost Your Endurance And Stamina / Healthy Hair Goals / Real Powerful Herbalist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.